Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #91  
Old 04-13-17, 07:40 PM
Gr8tS0ccr Gr8tS0ccr is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-30-12
Posts: 77
Gr8tS0ccr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshooter5 View Post
I won't cutback on the negativity as it is the truth !



Stop avoiding the truth !



Everyone keeps saying who cares as long as you are playing college, WHAT CRAP !



do you think these Girls and families pick these schools ?

Your Freaking crazy !



This is all that was offered to them, limited by how strong the League played in !



The ECNL puts the kids in front of the major school coaches, because the Major school coaches are interested in the ECNL players first Always have been.



if you are Consistently in front of the major schools that is where your offer will come from.



If you are in front of nothing but lower and mid level schools that is where your offer will come from , cannot go to a big school if there is no offer and they have not seen much of you !



Figure it out , this is not rocket science



The National League does not attract the number of coaches at the events like the ECNL Events do , not even close.





Now will this new DA do even a better job than the ECNL ? Time will tell

But untill they do as the list above proves ECNL players are going to more top Schools hands down.



Now does that mean the CUP/KHA players are not as good as the ECNL players ? NO but what it says is they are not being seen by the top coaches as much as the ECNL players are.



Those are the facts


So sad. I don't really have a dog in this fight, but I am happy to see kids living their dream. Minimizing their achievements is just childish. Like I said, anonymity brings out the worst. I have coached kids that went on to play in the big 10, sec, acc. They played 4 years, and now they are moms, and post their kids pics on Facebook. The experience was great, they got great educations, and life experiences, but it ends. If a kids end goal is to play college soccer, then they really don't see the big picture. Pick a school that sets up the rest of your life. It is only 20% over when you graduate from college.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #92  
Old 04-14-17, 11:16 AM
coachg coachg is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-29-07
Location: Masonish
Posts: 4,233
coachg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshooter5 View Post
I won't cutback on the negativity as it is the truth !

Stop avoiding the truth !

Everyone keeps saying who cares as long as you are playing college, WHAT CRAP !

do you think these Girls and families pick these schools ?
Your Freaking crazy !

This is all that was offered to them, limited by how strong the League played in !

The ECNL puts the kids in front of the major school coaches, because the Major school coaches are interested in the ECNL players first Always have been.

if you are Consistently in front of the major schools that is where your offer will come from.

If you are in front of nothing but lower and mid level schools that is where your offer will come from , cannot go to a big school if there is no offer and they have not seen much of you !

Figure it out , this is not rocket science

The National League does not attract the number of coaches at the events like the ECNL Events do , not even close.


Now will this new DA do even a better job than the ECNL ? Time will tell
But untill they do as the list above proves ECNL players are going to more top Schools hands down.

Now does that mean the CUP/KHA players are not as good as the ECNL players ? NO but what it says is they are not being seen by the top coaches as much as the ECNL players are.

Those are the facts
Really so lets look at the pesky facts about "TOP COACHES" at major programs and how many from the local clubs are going where. So if I subscribe to what you said "Everyone keeps saying who cares as long as you are playing college, WHAT CRAP !" then "Stop avoiding the truth !". It looks like college coaches know that CUP is doing a better than our local ECNL club. So locally why are you not playing for the club that seems to being helping more local kids?

I agree it appears the college coaches have taken time to "Figure it out , this is not rocket science" at all CUP has running away with it.

Now does that mean the OE players are not as good as the NL CUP players ? NO but what it says is they are not being recruited by the top coaches as much as the NL CUP players are locally.

Now will the local ECNL club do even a better job than the CUPs NL teams or the DA? Time will tell. But until they do as the list below proves CUP players are going to more top Schools hands down. The National League does not attract the number of coaches at the events like the ECNL Events do , not even close. But its being "seen" is far different than actually landing a college spot on a team which the local ECNL club seems to struggle with now but NL CUP seems to have figured it out.

Below are the undisputed facts.


OE Class of 2017 Commitments


Kelly Salt | Walsh University | 2017
Natalie Choo | Washington & Lee University | 2017
Kylie Hawkins | College of Wooster | 2017
Riley Shelton | SCAD | 2017
Kayla Belcher | Walsh University | 2017
Mc Abby McNamara (2017) - Wake Forest
Mikayla "Shey" Hampton (2017) - Northwestern University
Claire Fisher (2017) - University of Tennessee
Olivia Brown (2017) - University of Dayton
Rachel Ernst (2017) - Kent State University
Talia Brown (2017) - Bowling Green State University
Paige Knorr (2017) - Ohio University
Katie Shaffer (2017) - Eastern Kentucky University
Grace Poncsak (2017) - Ohio State University
Courtney Jones (2017) - Clemson University
Abigail Mathews (2017) - Ohio Northern University
Riley Shelton (2017) - Savannah College of Art & Design
Ellie Vandergriff (2017) - Bellarmine University
Casey Jervier (2017) - University of Chicago
Sydney Leshnak (2017) - Ohio Northern University
Jenna Prathapa (2017) - Cleveland State University

2018's
Kenna Egan | Miami University | 2018
Khyla Porter (2018) - Villanova University
Lauren Parker (2018) - Miami (OH) University

2019's
Macy Harper (2019) - Xavier University
Laney Huber (2019) - University of Dayton


Cincinnati United Class of 2017

Brooklyn Adair- Wilmington
Erin Babcock- Akron
Abby Brauning- University of Cincinnati
Rachel Burgess- Indiana University East
Emi Carlo- University of Cincinnati
Kiersten Clukey- Campbellsville
Kristin Dean - Centre College
Devin Duhme- Lander University
Shelby Elder - Walsh University
Gabbie Fleming- Anderson Univeristy
Erica Hafer- Walsh University
Jack Harper- Hobart and William Smith Colleges
Jayde Hoffmann- Capital
Kailey Ivins - NKU
Mandi Kinsey- Malone
Brooke Lindenschmidt Malone
Emily Moreno- UC Clermont
Sierra Moss - Florida International
Casey Murphy- Mt. St. Joe
Brooke Radcliffe- Tusculum College
Morgan Ramby- Auburn
Kaitlyn Rhodes- Hanover
Kateri Schoettinger- Radford University
Grace Schuppe- Memphis
Maddie Smitth- DePauw
Nicole Visse - Indiana University East
Emma VonLehman- NKU
Grace Wilson- Florida International


Class of 2018

Megan Bine- Cleveland State
Adrianna Brewer- University of Toledo
Cierra Crosby- Cleveland State
Desiree Grubbs- Miami University (OH)
Lexy Kidd- University of Dayton
Kiana Klein - University of Louisville
Madison Lindsay- University of Cincinnati
Maeve Maloney- University of Louisville
Chloe Masys- Miami University (OH)
Annie Metzger- University of Cincinnati
Taylor Nuncio- University of Louisville
Olivia Popovich- Xavier University
Saylor Jewell- University of North Alabama
Mimi Stines- University of Dayton
Ana Sulentic- St. Joseph's
Laurin Uptegrove - Winthrop
Caroline Welsh - Xavier
Sam Hausser - Dayton

Class of 2019

Kennidy Belle - Iowa State
Brittany Duncan- Ohio State
Aliyah El-Naggar- Ohio State
Paige Elliott- University of Minnesota
Eva Kiper - Morehead State
Megan Oduyoye- University of Missouri
Anna Podojil- University of Arkansas
Jordyn Rhodes- Indiana University
Olivia Scheper- Xavier University

Last edited by coachg; 04-14-17 at 12:06 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 04-14-17, 12:30 PM
Hoosier Parent Hoosier Parent is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 04-27-16
Posts: 222
Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachg View Post
Really so lets look at the pesky facts about "TOP COACHES" at major programs and how many from the local clubs are going where. So if I subscribe to what you said "Everyone keeps saying who cares as long as you are playing college, WHAT CRAP !" then "Stop avoiding the truth !". It looks like college coaches know that CUP is doing a better than our local ECNL club. So locally why are you not playing for the club that seems to being helping more local kids?

I agree it appears the college coaches have taken time to "Figure it out , this is not rocket science" at all CUP has running away with it.

Now does that mean the OE players are not as good as the NL CUP players ? NO but what it says is they are not being recruited by the top coaches as much as the NL CUP players are locally.

Now will the local ECNL club do even a better job than the CUPs NL teams or the DA? Time will tell. But until they do as the list below proves CUP players are going to more top Schools hands down. The National League does not attract the number of coaches at the events like the ECNL Events do , not even close. But its being "seen" is far different than actually landing a college spot on a team which the local ECNL club seems to struggle with now but NL CUP seems to have figured it out.

Below are the undisputed facts.


OE Class of 2017 Commitments


Kelly Salt | Walsh University | 2017
Natalie Choo | Washington & Lee University | 2017
Kylie Hawkins | College of Wooster | 2017
Riley Shelton | SCAD | 2017
Kayla Belcher | Walsh University | 2017
Mc Abby McNamara (2017) - Wake Forest
Mikayla "Shey" Hampton (2017) - Northwestern University
Claire Fisher (2017) - University of Tennessee
Olivia Brown (2017) - University of Dayton
Rachel Ernst (2017) - Kent State University
Talia Brown (2017) - Bowling Green State University
Paige Knorr (2017) - Ohio University
Katie Shaffer (2017) - Eastern Kentucky University
Grace Poncsak (2017) - Ohio State University
Courtney Jones (2017) - Clemson University
Abigail Mathews (2017) - Ohio Northern University
Riley Shelton (2017) - Savannah College of Art & Design
Ellie Vandergriff (2017) - Bellarmine University
Casey Jervier (2017) - University of Chicago
Sydney Leshnak (2017) - Ohio Northern University
Jenna Prathapa (2017) - Cleveland State University

2018's
Kenna Egan | Miami University | 2018
Khyla Porter (2018) - Villanova University
Lauren Parker (2018) - Miami (OH) University

2019's
Macy Harper (2019) - Xavier University
Laney Huber (2019) - University of Dayton


Cincinnati United Class of 2017

Brooklyn Adair- Wilmington
Erin Babcock- Akron
Abby Brauning- University of Cincinnati
Rachel Burgess- Indiana University East
Emi Carlo- University of Cincinnati
Kiersten Clukey- Campbellsville
Kristin Dean - Centre College
Devin Duhme- Lander University
Shelby Elder - Walsh University
Gabbie Fleming- Anderson Univeristy
Erica Hafer- Walsh University
Jack Harper- Hobart and William Smith Colleges
Jayde Hoffmann- Capital
Kailey Ivins - NKU
Mandi Kinsey- Malone
Brooke Lindenschmidt Malone
Emily Moreno- UC Clermont
Sierra Moss - Florida International
Casey Murphy- Mt. St. Joe
Brooke Radcliffe- Tusculum College
Morgan Ramby- Auburn
Kaitlyn Rhodes- Hanover
Kateri Schoettinger- Radford University
Grace Schuppe- Memphis
Maddie Smitth- DePauw
Nicole Visse - Indiana University East
Emma VonLehman- NKU
Grace Wilson- Florida International


Class of 2018

Megan Bine- Cleveland State
Adrianna Brewer- University of Toledo
Cierra Crosby- Cleveland State
Desiree Grubbs- Miami University (OH)
Lexy Kidd- University of Dayton
Kiana Klein - University of Louisville
Madison Lindsay- University of Cincinnati
Maeve Maloney- University of Louisville
Chloe Masys- Miami University (OH)
Annie Metzger- University of Cincinnati
Taylor Nuncio- University of Louisville
Olivia Popovich- Xavier University
Saylor Jewell- University of North Alabama
Mimi Stines- University of Dayton
Ana Sulentic- St. Joseph's
Laurin Uptegrove - Winthrop
Caroline Welsh - Xavier
Sam Hausser - Dayton

Class of 2019

Kennidy Belle - Iowa State
Brittany Duncan- Ohio State
Aliyah El-Naggar- Ohio State
Paige Elliott- University of Minnesota
Eva Kiper - Morehead State
Megan Oduyoye- University of Missouri
Anna Podojil- University of Arkansas
Jordyn Rhodes- Indiana University
Olivia Scheper- Xavier University
Good stuff coach. You've still not shown anything other than CUP puts more kids in college and OE puts more kids in power 5 conferences and bigger schools (As per the current senior class).

I'm not here to disparage CUP or any girl who uses her soccer to go to the school she wants. However your commitment list again shows that CUP doesn't put more girls in bigger soccer schools (presuming that CUP girls aren't any more predisposed to choose a smaller academic schools than OE girls). I'd be thrilled if my little Mia chose the D3 school in my hometown, but I won't be posting it as proof that OE is a better recruiting platform.

Arguably, OE wins the 2017 contest by virtue of more D1 and power 5 commits. You don't need to pay the fees for clubs like OE or CUP to go D2, D3, or NAIA D2.

The CUP 2018's are impressive. Lets wait to see what the final tallys are before declaring winners for the 18's or 19's.

Again, I'm sure every recruiting email to colleges coaches get clicked on if they have OE or CUP gold in the "Subject Line".

Thank you for looking up the commits for each class. You probably should hav lead with that days ago.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 04-14-17, 01:05 PM
Schmitt Schmitt is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-13-13
Posts: 513
Schmitt is on a distinguished road
Of course the '18 and '19 have to stay with Cup otherwise the new club (OE?) takes credit. There are at least 3 girls on the '17 OE list who played the majority of their Club with KHA.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 04-14-17, 01:24 PM
ECNL ECNL is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 04-12-17
Posts: 14
ECNL is on a distinguished road
The ECNL is an amazing platform for players that want to continue to play the game at the collegiate level. Here's a few links for you to do your own research.

http://www.eliteclubsnationalleague....s-proven-path/

College Impact by Conference:
http://www.eliteclubsnationalleague....e-impact-2016/
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 04-14-17, 01:33 PM
Schmitt Schmitt is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-13-13
Posts: 513
Schmitt is on a distinguished road
I'm not sure how much ECNL helped the 3 girls I mentioned from KHA. In my opinion all were talented enough to have better offers than from Ohio, Cleveland St and Bellarmine. Perhaps they had their own reasons for choosing those schools again just my opinion.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 04-14-17, 02:04 PM
Empty CUP Empty CUP is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 01-06-16
Location: Indian Hill
Posts: 249
Empty CUP is on a distinguished road
And how many of those class of 18 and 19's took non cash offers just to say they got an offer? I know for sure a few. The ECNL and OE have continued to place more and more kids in top programs than us or Hammer.

Coach I'm not sure what you are trying to prove, you keep posting the list of 17's that shows top schools recruiting from OE?

You seem confused.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 04-14-17, 02:10 PM
coachg coachg is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-29-07
Location: Masonish
Posts: 4,233
coachg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmitt View Post
I'm not sure how much ECNL helped the 3 girls I mentioned from KHA. In my opinion all were talented enough to have better offers than from Ohio, Cleveland St and Bellarmine. Perhaps they had their own reasons for choosing those schools again just my opinion.
You are so right. Many it seems on the girls side dont choose a school do to their "POWER" they chose first for academics, then other factors. I know many years a ago a local player was recruited by almost every SEC School but decided she wanted a life in college that was not all about soccer. She want to a DIII had a blast and is now a successful adult that doesnt regret her decision. Most college money from colleges is made from academic money. But to the point that is being made which is not about the decision of where they go but which club develops players locally and after you subtract the 3 from KHA its clear that at least in Ohio is the way to go without a doubt.
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 04-14-17, 02:11 PM
Hoosier Parent Hoosier Parent is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 04-27-16
Posts: 222
Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
Schmitt, I'll vouch for the effectiveness of training of OE, but I'm not informed enough to realistically suggest that OE is more effective than than CUP or KHA.

I will say that the competitive platform of the ECNL gives OE a huge advantage when it comes to competition and exposure of players to colleges. You may have to see it to believe it.
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 04-14-17, 02:13 PM
coachg coachg is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-29-07
Location: Masonish
Posts: 4,233
coachg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECNL View Post
The ECNL is an amazing platform for players that want to continue to play the game at the collegiate level. Here's a few links for you to do your own research.

http://www.eliteclubsnationalleague....s-proven-path/

College Impact by Conference:
http://www.eliteclubsnationalleague....e-impact-2016/
May be true in other parts of the country but it not locally here. The results are different when you look at them in Ohio.
Reply With Quote
  #101  
Old 04-14-17, 02:15 PM
coachg coachg is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-29-07
Location: Masonish
Posts: 4,233
coachg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Parent View Post
Schmitt, I'll vouch for the effectiveness of training of OE, but I'm not informed enough to realistically suggest that OE is more effective than than CUP or KHA.

I will say that the competitive platform of the ECNL gives OE a huge advantage when it comes to competition and exposure of players to colleges. You may have to see it to believe it.
Being local we have all seen it but the end results make it clear that CUP has found a way to be better than the local ECNL club hands down.
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 04-14-17, 02:27 PM
Hoosier Parent Hoosier Parent is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 04-27-16
Posts: 222
Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachg View Post
Being local we have all seen it but the end results make it clear that CUP has found a way to be better than the local ECNL club hands down.
Is this where you post the commitment list of the 2017's again?
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 04-14-17, 07:29 PM
onehotbobo onehotbobo is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 08-27-16
Posts: 12
onehotbobo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachg View Post
Being local we have all seen it but the end results make it clear that CUP has found a way to be better than the local ECNL club hands down.

Go ahead and qualify that with commitments to colleges otherwise it's just another baseless statement.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 04-14-17, 08:49 PM
Philly_Cat Philly_Cat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-11-13
Posts: 2,930
Philly_Cat is on a distinguished road
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upper 90 View Post
This is off thread, for the most part, but has anyone read the DA documents on the boys side for middle school ages? It is on their web site. You need to take a look if you are interested in this topic. If I read it correctly at U12, two 12-14 person DA teams plus a Pre DA team(where I think you get up to 6 game appearances in the big show) and also still the Gold, Black, North, I, II etc. Adding 3 new teams essentially. Some new job postings with fairly lofty job credentials required to run the thing. Also some interesting reading on recruiting and team selection before tryouts even start, basically most of the team will be set before tryouts so call us now type deal. I read though it last night and have yet to form an opinion on what I think honestly. I can move this over to the boys side if more appropriate. Keep in mind I was enjoying some post grass cutting beers in my garage and may have misread something, Coors Light apologizes on my behalf.
As a parent of a son currently playing CUP in that age group, I can give you my opinion on the new DA program. Personally I think it's an awesome opportunity for any kid that is at that level of play. It is however a program that is geared towards kids that either already just play soccer or are looking to go in that direction. They allow kids to play other sports, but with the many restrictions they have, the program is built for you really to just play soccer.

This is what ultimately will probably keep my son from joining the DA program. As great of an opportunity it would be I don't feel the benefits of the DA outweigh the benefits of him continuing other sports. The only way I could see the scales changing would be if it was free or at a drastically reduced cost from what we pay now. At that point it would be more of a discussion.

The next part is the makeup of current CUP teams now. Most CUP teams at the age groups the new DA would serve, because they attract the better athletes, are usually made up of more multisport athletes than soccer players only. So many of the CUP parents feel similar to how I do. I predict the DA teams will end up being made up of 50% current CUP players at most. The rest of the teams will be filled by cherry picked top kids from the other clubs in the area. I just don't see the DA teams being overwhelming made up of former CUP players. I could be wrong though.

That's my take on what I've seen and heard from parents right now. I don't know anything about them already forming the teams prior to tryouts. If that's the case they haven't started reaching out to current CUP players. And even if they did I can't see them granting anyone a for sure spot. At most I see them reaching out to parents to get an idea of what they already have coming to tryouts.

And dude, find some better beer!
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 04-16-17, 08:22 PM
Gr8tS0ccr Gr8tS0ccr is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-30-12
Posts: 77
Gr8tS0ccr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly_Cat View Post
As a parent of a son currently playing CUP in that age group, I can give you my opinion on the new DA program. Personally I think it's an awesome opportunity for any kid that is at that level of play. It is however a program that is geared towards kids that either already just play soccer or are looking to go in that direction. They allow kids to play other sports, but with the many restrictions they have, the program is built for you really to just play soccer.

This is what ultimately will probably keep my son from joining the DA program. As great of an opportunity it would be I don't feel the benefits of the DA outweigh the benefits of him continuing other sports. The only way I could see the scales changing would be if it was free or at a drastically reduced cost from what we pay now. At that point it would be more of a discussion.

The next part is the makeup of current CUP teams now. Most CUP teams at the age groups the new DA would serve, because they attract the better athletes, are usually made up of more multisport athletes than soccer players only. So many of the CUP parents feel similar to how I do. I predict the DA teams will end up being made up of 50% current CUP players at most. The rest of the teams will be filled by cherry picked top kids from the other clubs in the area. I just don't see the DA teams being overwhelming made up of former CUP players. I could be wrong though.

That's my take on what I've seen and heard from parents right now. I don't know anything about them already forming the teams prior to tryouts. If that's the case they haven't started reaching out to current CUP players. And even if they did I can't see them granting anyone a for sure spot. At most I see them reaching out to parents to get an idea of what they already have coming to tryouts.

And dude, find some better beer!


I think for various reasons some of those top kids at other clubs have avoided going to CUP. I don't see that changing with the DA.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 04-17-17, 12:16 PM
coachg coachg is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-29-07
Location: Masonish
Posts: 4,233
coachg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by onehotbobo View Post
Go ahead and qualify that with commitments to colleges otherwise it's just another baseless statement.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you bother to read above this post where I listed the college commitments or did you just react to the last post you read? I have posted them twice in this thread alone so please scroll up to see the commitments.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 04-17-17, 08:37 PM
Pele Pele is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 03-15-17
Posts: 19
Pele is on a distinguished road
WoW with all those SuperDuper College Commitments I'm still wondering why Cup avoids playing OE! And recently someone posted the results from the Richmond Showcase....how did the Mighty Cup fare against the peasants from the ECNL?
Maybe someone who has made a visit to a Division I school can share with us the Coaches thoughts on Division I soccer versus Division II or III. It would have to be someone from the ECNL since Cup only excepts Division II or III scholarships because lets face it we all want college to be a "BLAST"!
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 04-17-17, 10:22 PM
Philly_Cat Philly_Cat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-11-13
Posts: 2,930
Philly_Cat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8tS0ccr View Post
I think for various reasons some of those top kids at other clubs have avoided going to CUP. I don't see that changing with the DA.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I disagree. If those top kids are serious about soccer and just soccer, the DA is an excellent opportunity for them. This is completely different situation then just CUP. CUP already pulls kids from long distances into it's teams. The DA will see a larger percentage of kids from further distances on its teams. I personally think you should be looking at this program from not just a CUP standpoint, but more from the USA Soccer standpoint. If you are a parent with a kid that could take advantage of the DA and your're hung up in the word CUP, you're doing your kid a huge disservice.

For the record, I was referring to the boys program, not girls. That was the person I was responding to.
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 04-18-17, 08:44 AM
Gr8tS0ccr Gr8tS0ccr is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-30-12
Posts: 77
Gr8tS0ccr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly_Cat View Post
I disagree. If those top kids are serious about soccer and just soccer, the DA is an excellent opportunity for them. This is completely different situation then just CUP. CUP already pulls kids from long distances into it's teams. The DA will see a larger percentage of kids from further distances on its teams. I personally think you should be looking at this program from not just a CUP standpoint, but more from the USA Soccer standpoint. If you are a parent with a kid that could take advantage of the DA and your're hung up in the word CUP, you're doing your kid a huge disservice.

For the record, I was referring to the boys program, not girls. That was the person I was responding to.
That was my point. There are a lot of very good players out there that could make soccer their one and only sport and maybe play DA, but may love another sport as well. So, rather than play at CUP (in the current environment), they have chosen to play elsewhere where there may be more flexibility. I don't think that kid would be interested in the DA. There may also be a kid that doesn't have the freedom, due to money issues to play wherever they want. There are definitely other reasons.

If you have a son, and they want to play professional soccer, or on the national team, then the DA may be a good option (yet to be determined in Cincy though). If you have a son that loves to do other things, in addition to soccer now, but may want to play in College as they are getting an education that will serve the rest of their life, then I doubt it would be worth doing.
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 04-18-17, 09:15 AM
2731 2731 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-10-16
Posts: 180
2731 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8tS0ccr View Post
That was my point. There are a lot of very good players out there that could make soccer their one and only sport and maybe play DA, but may love another sport as well. So, rather than play at CUP (in the current environment), they have chosen to play elsewhere where there may be more flexibility. I don't think that kid would be interested in the DA. There may also be a kid that doesn't have the freedom, due to money issues to play wherever they want. There are definitely other reasons.

If you have a son, and they want to play professional soccer, or on the national team, then the DA may be a good option (yet to be determined in Cincy though). If you have a son that loves to do other things, in addition to soccer now, but may want to play in College as they are getting an education that will serve the rest of their life, then I doubt it would be worth doing.
Just wanna touch on the "yet to be determined in cincy" part. It's very wise to wonder how the CU version of Boys DA will turn out, but the DA is heavily regulated and monitored by US Soccer, so that helps. Also it's easy to forget that several players from the Cincy area are already making the commute to Columbus every day. Having a local opportunity will bring more participation than one might initially think, for the boys.
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 04-18-17, 09:38 AM
coachg coachg is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-29-07
Location: Masonish
Posts: 4,233
coachg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty CUP View Post
And how many of those class of 18 and 19's took non cash offers just to say they got an offer? I know for sure a few. The ECNL and OE have continued to place more and more kids in top programs than us or Hammer.

Coach I'm not sure what you are trying to prove, you keep posting the list of 17's that shows top schools recruiting from OE?

You seem confused.
Empty- I know it takes a while for things to rattle around before they stick in your head but lets be clear I have posted more than the U17s that show without a doubt that CUP is doing a better job of helping their players getting placed. You also have no clue if OE girls are getting cash or not. Your assertion that OE and the ECNL has more college placements is 100% true. I would hope the entire ECNL can place more than CUP but Club vs Club CUP is winning hands down.

I know you dont have a kid on CUP U18 Gold and I doubt you even have one in the program at all but thats another issue. So instead of bashing CUP why not congratulate the girls and the club for doing a great job. I have always congratulated OE's players for many things. Why are you so bitter about CUP but yet profess to have a kid playing there....
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 04-18-17, 10:21 AM
Empty CUP Empty CUP is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 01-06-16
Location: Indian Hill
Posts: 249
Empty CUP is on a distinguished road
Ok, that's yours to believe. But when have I ever bashed CUP? I don't drink from the CUP so to speak, but I don't bash. There are some ding dong coaches but that happens everywhere.

I'm not bitter, I'm a realist. OE and the ECNL have put more kids in major college programs then the NL and CUP. Does it make CUP bad? hell no. I can't think of another Club as well represented in the NL and with as much recent success as we've had, anywhere. But that does not change the cold hard facts. My kids were told by their college coaches to try and play ECNL so they would be ready and get the most playing time available. They are not the only kids who have heard it. Ms. Rossi from up North was told the same thing and off she went to the ECNL...

Not sure why would I have to feel the need to bash another quality club (Hammer or OE) just because I give CUP my money? That's faulty logic. And saying CUP doesn't have the best college commits does not constitute bashing. It means I can read.
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 04-18-17, 10:54 AM
coachg coachg is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-29-07
Location: Masonish
Posts: 4,233
coachg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty CUP View Post
Ok, that's yours to believe. But when have I ever bashed CUP? I don't drink from the CUP so to speak, but I don't bash. There are some ding dong coaches but that happens everywhere.

I'm not bitter, I'm a realist. OE and the ECNL have put more kids in major college programs then the NL and CUP. Does it make CUP bad? hell no. I can't think of another Club as well represented in the NL and with as much recent success as we've had, anywhere. But that does not change the cold hard facts. My kids were told by their college coaches to try and play ECNL so they would be ready and get the most playing time available. They are not the only kids who have heard it. Ms. Rossi from up North was told the same thing and off she went to the ECNL...

Not sure why would I have to feel the need to bash another quality club (Hammer or OE) just because I give CUP my money? That's faulty logic. And saying CUP doesn't have the best college commits does not constitute bashing. It means I can read.
It means it your opinion and thats all. You have bashed CUP by degrading the leagues they play in, where their commitments are going and their coaches many times on Yappi. OE right now locally and thats what we are talking about is not developing as many college players as CUP and thats easy to see when you read the list of commitments from all the age groups I have posted. I believe your assessment is wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 04-18-17, 11:14 AM
Gr8tS0ccr Gr8tS0ccr is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-30-12
Posts: 77
Gr8tS0ccr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2731 View Post
Just wanna touch on the "yet to be determined in cincy" part. It's very wise to wonder how the CU version of Boys DA will turn out, but the DA is heavily regulated and monitored by US Soccer, so that helps. Also it's easy to forget that several players from the Cincy area are already making the commute to Columbus every day. Having a local opportunity will bring more participation than one might initially think, for the boys.
There are a total of 5 players in their Academy from Cincinnati. That is from U12-U18. 85% are from greater Columbus.
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 04-18-17, 11:48 AM
2731 2731 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-10-16
Posts: 180
2731 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8tS0ccr View Post
There are a total of 5 players in their Academy from Cincinnati. That is from U12-U18. 85% are from greater Columbus.
Yes. 5 players are willing to drive 3+ hours a day at least 5 days a week... For soccer. I'm thinking at least 10 times that would bite on the local option and it's only 2 teams. Maybe I'm crazy.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 04-18-17, 11:56 AM
Gr8tS0ccr Gr8tS0ccr is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-30-12
Posts: 77
Gr8tS0ccr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2731 View Post
Yes. 5 players are willing to drive 3+ hours a day at least 5 days a week... For soccer. I'm thinking at least 10 times that would bite on the local option and it's only 2 teams. Maybe I'm crazy.
It certainly will be interesting to see how it all plays out.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 04-18-17, 12:39 PM
Empty CUP Empty CUP is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 01-06-16
Location: Indian Hill
Posts: 249
Empty CUP is on a distinguished road
Just doing some quick math in my head.

DA is to focus on making the national team....

Lets look at the proposed DA U16/17 age group 23 players per club....71 clubs, 1633 girls, or 816 "ish" at U16. National team has 24 kids on the U16 team....

3% have a chance at the team, and that's IF they only take DA girls not the best of who's out there. I hear these DA clubs talking about a 2nd DA team per age group too.... What the hell kinda watered down money grab will that be?

Meanwhile 92+% of ECNL girls play College ball and over 85% of them play D1 ball.

Just some interesting math while I wait for my next patient.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 04-18-17, 12:53 PM
buckshooter5 buckshooter5 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-05-12
Posts: 1,421
buckshooter5 is on a distinguished road
CoachG

Where did I say anywhere in my post that I was talking specifically about Ohio Elite ?

I was talking entirely about the ECNL as a whole.
I know that you Are or Were a CU/Cup coach so we get why you are blinded by your views.

That is why you need to open your eyes, look in the mirror and Scream at what you see !~
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 04-18-17, 01:04 PM
2731 2731 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-10-16
Posts: 180
2731 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty CUP View Post
Just doing some quick math in my head.

DA is to focus on making the national team....
Lets look at the proposed DA U16/17 age group 23 players per club....71 clubs, 1633 girls, or 816 "ish" at U16. National team has 24 kids on the U16 team....

3% have a chance at the team, and that's IF they only take DA girls not the best of who's out there. I hear these DA clubs talking about a 2nd DA team per age group too.... What the hell kinda watered down money grab will that be?

Meanwhile 92+% of ECNL girls play College ball and over 85% of them play D1 ball.

Just some interesting math while I wait for my next patient.
If this premise is false, and I believe it will prove to be, then what?

The DA serves the national team's interest, but it is far from the sole purpose. Do you think your "leftovers" that aren't in the 3% aren't going to play in college?

Last edited by 2731; 04-18-17 at 01:12 PM.. Reason: Take the posture out.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 04-18-17, 01:32 PM
Empty CUP Empty CUP is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 01-06-16
Location: Indian Hill
Posts: 249
Empty CUP is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2731 View Post
If this premise is false, and I believe it will prove to be, then what?

The DA serves the national team's interest, but it is far from the sole purpose. Do you think your "leftovers" that aren't in the 3% aren't going to play in college?
My point is there is already a more than solid path to top level college recruiting.

I've spoken with quite a few coaches at recent showcases and not one has a positive word about US soccer when I asked, and I asked them all that I came in contact with. Where do you think College coaches will continue to build relationships? I'm sure some coaches think US Soccer is great to deal with. I've just not run into any those ladies or gentlemen the last few months.

Maybe I'm wrong. I hope for some of these girls sake I am.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team Needed This Friday - 1 Point WestGwrestling Wrestling 0 01-24-17 11:17 AM
Memorial Day Weekend Classic - Cedar Point farnpt7 Baseball 0 12-07-16 08:55 PM
Sports Force Parks at Cedar Point Sports Center farnpt7 Baseball 3 07-01-16 03:40 PM
Sports Force Parks at Cedar Point Sports Center farnpt7 Lacrosse 0 06-29-16 08:36 AM
Sports Force Parks at Cedar Point Sports Center farnpt7 Boys Soccer 0 06-29-16 08:34 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:34 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz