Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-13-17, 11:00 PM
All American

C'Town216 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bball216 View Post
NORTON21 - Welcome. I can honestly say that VASJ and it's fan base know very little about schools like Garfield or LaBrae. I do know however what motivates schools like VASJ, Ed's, Iggy etc and that is teams ranked above them. It's very possible there are better D3 teams in Ohio but Joe's feels highly disrespected being ranked 9th and finally 6th in Ohio. When they get a chance to play a team like that they get really hyped. Look at the Joe's schedule and look at every other team in D3. When I saw Garfield beat Kirtland by single digits and then they knocked off LaBrae I scratched my head. Joe's is easily 40+ points better than the Hornets. Although Joe's will not be able to test themselves against the AP #1 squad they will set out to send a strong message to the team that beat them. Don't be surprised if the game gets ugly. Are you going to the game Weds ? Since you know LaBrae it would great to hear your opinion and comparisons.

VASJ actually have played Garretsville Garfield before when they were in the Lakeland District I believe either in 2007 or 2008 for a district semi final game
Old 03-14-17, 03:50 AM
Freshman

Norton21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bball216 View Post
NORTON21 - Welcome. I can honestly say that VASJ and it's fan base know very little about schools like Garfield or LaBrae. I do know however what motivates schools like VASJ, Ed's, Iggy etc and that is teams ranked above them. It's very possible there are better D3 teams in Ohio but Joe's feels highly disrespected being ranked 9th and finally 6th in Ohio. When they get a chance to play a team like that they get really hyped. Look at the Joe's schedule and look at every other team in D3. When I saw Garfield beat Kirtland by single digits and then they knocked off LaBrae I scratched my head. Joe's is easily 40+ points better than the Hornets. Although Joe's will not be able to test themselves against the AP #1 squad they will set out to send a strong message to the team that beat them. Don't be surprised if the game gets ugly. Are you going to the game Weds ? Since you know LaBrae it would great to hear your opinion and comparisons.
I can understand that motivating vasj. Labrae has been a pretty good program the last 12 years or so with about 5 regional appearances and a final four appearance 4 years ago. They don't get div 1 basketball talent except the one that is playing at Davidson rt now but they do have good basketball players and great kids that play very hard and unselfish. They averaged 76 points a game with the leading scorer at 13 a game. Very athletic team. As far as Garfield they have a couple of very good shooters but little else. This game will probably be over in the 1st quarter. Garfield has no height not very many ball handlers and not very athletic. How they beat Labrae only God knows lol. I am not going to this game but I will be trying to get to some games after this one
Old 03-15-17, 12:38 AM
All Ohio

MugnMaul78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Neighborhood kids
- http://www.news-herald.com/sports/20...gela-st-joseph
Old 03-15-17, 06:37 AM
Freshman

Just so we are all on the same page here. I have never questioned how vasj gets their kids. I have a couple friends that coach at the high school level in cleveland. I have heard things about certain schools public and private. I have never heard vasj talked about in a bad way.
Old 03-15-17, 10:27 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norton21 View Post
Just so we are all on the same page here. I have never questioned how vasj gets their kids. I have a couple friends that coach at the high school level in cleveland. I have heard things about certain schools public and private. I have never heard vasj talked about in a bad way.
Norton, I am sorry, that one wasn't addressed to you. That was just a feel good article and I guess also a preemptive post for what will come on these pages if VASJ gets back to Columbus's Final 4. Every year it's the same Public vs Private debate.
Old 03-15-17, 12:10 PM
Freshman

No problem. I know what you mean I see it all the time. I am from a public school and I played sports never cared about all of that
Old 03-15-17, 06:44 PM
All American

Looks like West Salem Northwestern will be the opponent for Saturday night if we beat Garretsville tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-15-17, 08:55 PM
All American

Vikes advance to face Northwestern on Saturday beating Garfield 87-47. Also prayers go out to the Garfield player being carried off on a stretcher

Old 03-15-17, 09:12 PM
Varsity

Blackman is on a distinguished road
VASJ should beat them by 20-25. STA would have given them much more of a game in my opinion. Losing their PG to injury changed the entire game for STA and they just couldn't maintain their momentum. No way NW can keep up with VASJ. Will be pulling for VASJ and I see no reason they don't get to Columbus.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 03-15-17, 10:49 PM
All American

Bball216 is on a distinguished road
Joe's is rolling after beating Garretsville Garfield by 40. Joe's was far from 100% - but it mattered very little. The Vikings put in the entire starting JV squad in for the 4th quarter and increased their lead - against the G-Men starters. They should be healthier come Saturday against Northwestern.
Old 03-16-17, 07:51 AM
All Ohio

Well, the fake news and excuse making begins with the media; http://www.thepostnewspapers.com/nor...accc4eb18.html
Old 03-16-17, 07:58 AM
Varsity

Blackman is on a distinguished road
" Private school all star team assembled from all over NE Ohio". What a bunch of crap.

Old 03-16-17, 08:15 AM
All Region

ideliver is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
" Private school all star team assembled from all over NE Ohio". What a bunch of crap.

Sad excuse for a journalist....needs to back a statement like that up with facts...or needs retracted.
Old 03-16-17, 08:19 AM
All District

Flying Wedge is on a distinguished road
Quote:

What a cheap shot! Most of the time I let this stuff go knowing it's impossible to change the minds of the people who spew this garbage, but when so-called reporters put this bs in their stories it goes too far. JFK hears the same thing the same thing from Warren area haters.

Go VASJ !
Old 03-16-17, 08:52 AM
All American

Quote:

What a classless statement. Obviously this writer thinks our roster comes from all over the state apparently. Smh
Old 03-16-17, 08:53 AM
All Region

James x2 is an unknown quantity at this point
I bet their team lives further away from school

than ours does even with them being in one school district.Lets bust their azz by 40 then.I will take one more point cuz all that is needed to get back to C-Bus is one more than them.Haters gonna hate. Hail Red & Blue.
Old 03-16-17, 08:59 AM
All American

Stupid question and I know I ask this every year now lol, how much was McKinley charging for parking or where is the best spot to park to avoid paying for parking at the school?

Old 03-16-17, 09:17 AM
Freshman

mich97 is on a distinguished road
So, what you guys are saying is that most of the players on St. Joe's roster already lived close to the school? I'm not trying to start anything, and the writer should not have thrown that into the article, but I do find it hard to believe that VASJ doesn't have several players who are at the school just because of the basketball program.
Old 03-16-17, 10:40 AM
All American

Bball216 is on a distinguished road
Mich97 - sure kids want to play hoops for one of the best programs in Ohio. The resent success just makes kids want to play there more. The program recruits itself. That being said you can do both. You can get great exposure playing for Joe's and you can also get a way better education then you would get at Euclid, Wickliffe, Richmond Heights and certainly Cleveland. Joe's is not an easy school and the GPA to play is higher then the state min. Just a year ago Joe's kicked a kid out of school after his junior year for grades and he was a D1 player with a full ride (that he ended up losing). It's not all about basketball but nobody here is going to tell you that elite level hoops does not run in the blood or fabric of the school.
Old 03-16-17, 10:58 AM
Junior Varsity

jlghoops is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by C'Town216 View Post
Stupid question and I know I ask this every year now lol, how much was McKinley charging for parking or where is the best spot to park to avoid paying for parking at the school?

$3 to park at MCK. There are some doctors offices just south of fieldhouse across interstate from hospital, but that is a good walk. Pay the $3!
Old 03-16-17, 11:21 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlghoops View Post
$3 to park at MCK. There are some doctors offices just south of fieldhouse across interstate from hospital, but that is a good walk. Pay the $3!

Thank you! Much appreciated, I couldn't exactly remember what it was.
Old 03-16-17, 12:19 PM
Freshman

High-school BB fan is on a distinguished road
In the Coming years, VASJ wont be in D3. With the new rules VASJ will play teams their own size. Which will benefit their kids more than just rolling over Teams every year.
Old 03-16-17, 12:41 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'Town216 View Post

Parking was free last night. Not sure how it will be on Friday.
Old 03-16-17, 01:14 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by MugnMaul78 View Post
Parking was free last night. Not sure how it will be on Friday.

Thanks Mugn
Old 03-16-17, 01:18 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Wedge View Post
What a cheap shot! Most of the time I let this stuff go knowing it's impossible to change the minds of the people who spew this garbage, but when so-called reporters put this bs in their stories it goes too far. JFK hears the same thing the same thing from Warren area haters.

Go VASJ !
Thanks Flying Wedge. Good luck to JFK tomorrow!
Old 03-16-17, 01:39 PM
All Region

They were charging 3$ at 5pm I parked one street over for free
Old 03-16-17, 01:43 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by High-school BB fan View Post
In the Coming years, VASJ wont be in D3. With the new rules VASJ will play teams their own size. Which will benefit their kids more than just rolling over Teams every year.
We are playing schools our size now WTF We play in an all catholic league and who's who of independent teams like Paul VI and SVSM.We take our beatings as well.Better than being 25-0 and getting beat after playing the sisters of the poor.LOL
Old 03-16-17, 05:18 PM
All Yappi

Bennies'01 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by High-school BB fan View Post
There will be no convincing VASJ fans that they're not competing against their peers on their way to racking up titles. To them, the fact that their school's enrollment is the same size and that a few of their players can, in theory, walk to school, means that they are justified in pounding these 6' and under farm teams on their way to banners. To everyone else, the talent gap is obvious, and they really don't belong in Division III.
Old 03-16-17, 05:39 PM
All Region

Way to go Derek Pardon!

Clutch foul shooting.Way to rep VASJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-16-17, 05:41 PM
All Region

Screw off hater.Enough of your BS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennies'01 View Post
There will be no convincing VASJ fans that they're not competing against their peers on their way to racking up titles. To them, the fact that their school's enrollment is the same size and that a few of their players can, in theory, walk to school, means that they are justified in pounding these 6' and under farm teams on their way to banners. To everyone else, the talent gap is obvious, and they really don't belong in Division III.
Tired of your bashing.Waiting for your blowhard response.You will side with anything OR anyone anti VASJ.Whats your school doing Sat?

Last edited by James x2; 03-16-17 at 05:53 PM. Reason: add