Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-01-16, 08:49 AM
Varsity

Cardboard Palace is on a distinguished road
TRAC Basketball

2015-2016 TRAC league results how many games does each team improve or fall?

1. Lima Senior 14-0 -2
2. St. John's Jesuit 12-2 +2
3. Whitmer 9-5 -4
4. St. Francis de Sales 7-7 +3
5. Findlay 6-8 +1
5. Central Catholic 6-8 -0-
7. Fremont Ross 2-12 -1
8. Clay 0-14 +1

All League from last year.

First Team
Xavier Simpson – Lima Senior – Senior
Marquevious Wilson – Lima Senior – Senior
Kenny Coleman-Graham – St. Francis de Sales – Junior
Vincent Williams – St. John’s Jesuit – Sophomore
Sam Hickey – Whitmer – Senior
Montrece Collins – Whitmer – Senior

Second Team
Kyle Nunn – Findlay – Junior
Jay Thomas – Lima Senior – Senior
Jarius Ward – Lima Senior – Junior
John Burnham – St. Francis de Sales – Junior
Gabe Kynard – St. John’s Jesuit – Senior
Aaron Thompson – St. John’s Jesuit – Senior

Honorable Mention
Jamarr Parker – Central Catholic
Jalen Daoust – Central Catholic
Nate Bush – Clay - Junior
Chris Walter – Clay
Jake Elbin – Findlay
Chase Miller – Findlay
Jarren Hampton – Fremont Ross
Steven Blodgett – Fremont Ross
Rico Stafford – Lima Senior
Ruben Flowers – Lima Senior
Kevin McVicker – St. Francis de Sales
Jakiel Wells – St. Francis de Sales - Freshman
Harrison Riggs – St. John’s Jesuit - Junior
Derrick Rayford Jr. – Whitmer - Junior
Mason Durden – Whitmer

Last edited by Cardboard Palace; 11-01-16 at 09:13 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-16, 09:33 AM
All District

Krasula24 is on a distinguished road
1.) St. John's
2.) Whitmer
3.) Lima Senior
4.) St. Francis
5.) Findlay
6.) Toledo CC
7.) Fremont Ross
8.) Clay
Old 11-01-16, 10:57 AM
All Ohio

cchs1983 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krasula24 View Post
1.) St. John's
2.) Whitmer
3.) Lima Senior
4.) St. Francis
5.) Findlay
6.) Toledo CC
7.) Fremont Ross
8.) Clay
Looks like a good list, SJJ should be the class of the league, especially if Gant plays and even more if soccer kid plays. You can put a blanket over Whitmer, Senior and SFS for 2-4. Should be a fun season.
Old 11-01-16, 12:25 PM
All Region

Smalls is on a distinguished road
St Johns will be typical St Johns. Good talent and can play a fast up and down game or the grind it out games you see in the tournament.

I thought Whitmer only had Rayford coming back and a solid JV team. Tough to replace Collins, Hickey, Durden and the shooter with floppy hair.

Lima Sr. added the 6'7" kid from the Puerto Rican Jr National team. Ward is tough, Upshaw will be the most physical big man in the league. They had a real good 6'4" guard on JV who tore up that level. Big transition though.

St Francis only lost McVicker. He seemed to always have a lot of foul trouble so I don't know how much that hurts.

Findlay lost a lot, but has Nunn back and always seem to have a couple 6'7" to 6'8" guys waiting in the wings.

Central lost a lot, but had a lot of young talent. They may be a year away from getting into the upper half of the league.

Fremont lost 2 or 3 starters and have some injuries that wont help the cause.

Clay has a new coach and 2 or 3 starters back from a team that struggled last year.
Old 11-01-16, 03:49 PM
All American

ToledoXC is on a distinguished road
Think this is SJJ's best team since 2013 and their deepest since the early 2000s (if everyone plays). Vincent Williams and Houston King both have MAC offers and the pair took an unofficial visit to Michigan last week so big offers should be coming. Harrison Riggs is committed to Lake Erie. Have heard that Tycen Anderson made huge improvements over the summer so I expect him to contribute significantly. Gibbons leaving the school hurts a little but Buescher (soccer All-American) and Kyren Bolden (Southview transfer) should fill his role nicely.
Old 11-02-16, 09:58 AM
All Ohio

cchs1983 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToledoXC View Post
Vincent Williams and Houston King both have MAC offers and the pair took an unofficial visit to Michigan last week so big offers should be coming.
Unofficial visits lead to big offers? I learned something new today. So, since my twins have made 5 unofficial visits to Notre Dame to watch Kizer the last two years, are they getting offers soon? I better run home to the mailbox....
Old 11-03-16, 11:48 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchs1983 View Post
Unofficial visits lead to big offers? I learned something new today. So, since my twins have made 5 unofficial visits to Notre Dame to watch Kizer the last two years, are they getting offers soon? I better run home to the mailbox....
I should also add that Michigan, Purdue and Dayton have been at SJJ in the last few weeks to watch them play.
Old 11-08-16, 12:19 PM
All Region

buccaneers2002 is on a distinguished road
CCHS has a freshman point guard who already holds two Division 1 offers from Toledo & Akron. Also, the freshman team was undefeated last season. They should contend for another TRAC title this year...but have a brand new man in charge, so we'll see.
Old 11-08-16, 12:38 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by buccaneers2002 View Post
CCHS has a freshman point guard who already holds two Division 1 offers from Toledo & Akron. Also, the freshman team was undefeated last season. They should contend for another TRAC title this year...but have a brand new man in charge, so we'll see.
Freshman point guard left after 1st quarter and is back at MVCD.
Old 11-08-16, 12:41 PM
All Region

buccaneers2002 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
Freshman point guard left after 1st quarter and is back to MVCD.
Oh.... Maybe 6th place is a good prediction for CCHS after all.

Last edited by buccaneers2002; 12-06-16 at 01:32 AM.
Old 11-08-16, 12:52 PM
All Region

Central has another good freshman class, including a kid I assume is Deontae Cole's (Northern Kentucky) brother who has a lot of upside. Strong 6'5"-6'6" decent range and post moves. Assume he will be on JV, but future is bright with back to back solid classes.
Old 12-05-16, 01:19 PM
Varsity

Watched Clay play Tiffin Columbian (lost by 9). Their top returning player (Bush) did not play. They are small, even by Clay standards. They have always played hard, but have not had the talent to compete in most games in about 8 or 9 years.

Clay is over matched all over the court, so they resort to fouling all game long. Looks like the same thing as past years, hang around a little bit in the 1st and 3rd quarters before the other team gets into the bonus and then the repeated painful march to the foul line. Overall Clay was 3 of 8 from the line, Tiffin was 25 of 34. The refs looked like they were getting irritated with all the hacking.

It will take a special shooting night for Clay to win a league game (maybe Fremont). I am just not sure where that shooting will come from. It doesn't look like anyone is really dedicated to basketball in the off season. The only other way for them to sneak up on someone is if the other team shoots poorly from the foul line. Outside of the league they could compete in games vs Rossford and Woodmore. The coach seems to have the right temperament to help them through another long season.

Last edited by Cardboard Palace; 12-05-16 at 02:58 PM.
Old 12-05-16, 03:01 PM
All Region

boater is on a distinguished road
I think this year will be much like last year - SJJ and Lima Senior will play for the TRAC title - early on I like the Johnnies. Later in the year when Lima gets more time together and experience in the youngsters they will be able to play with anyone.
Still this is St. Johns year for the TRAC Title. The tournament will be interesting !
I was a bit surprised at the Findlay - Start game - whoa I thought findlay was better than that - but it is early !
Old 12-05-16, 03:31 PM
All World

irish_buffalo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboard Palace View Post
Watched Clay play Tiffin Columbian (lost by 9). Their top returning player (Bush) did not play. They are small, even by Clay standards. They have always played hard, but have not had the talent to compete in most games in about 8 or 9 years.

Clay is over matched all over the court, so they resort to fouling all game long. Looks like the same thing as past years, hang around a little bit in the 1st and 3rd quarters before the other team gets into the bonus and then the repeated painful march to the foul line. Overall Clay was 3 of 8 from the line, Tiffin was 25 of 34. The refs looked like they were getting irritated with all the hacking.

It will take a special shooting night for Clay to win a league game (maybe Fremont). I am just not sure where that shooting will come from. It doesn't look like anyone is really dedicated to basketball in the off season. The only other way for them to sneak up on someone is if the other team shoots poorly from the foul line. Outside of the league they could compete in games vs Rossford and Woodmore. The coach seems to have the right temperament to help them through another long season.
I told friends this past week that there might be three/four kids on this Clay team who would play elsewhere in D2. And when I say play I mean down the liners or JV. I cannot fathom how they can be that down talent wise but then I'm reminded that they let a kid who will more than likely be 6'6/6'7 walk out the door with barely a whimper (cannot teach height).
Old 12-05-16, 03:47 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
I told friends this past week that there might be three/four kids on this Clay team who would play elsewhere in D2. And when I say play I mean down the liners or JV. I cannot fathom how they can be that down talent wise but then I'm reminded that they let a kid who will more than likely be 6'6/6'7 walk out the door with barely a whimper (cannot teach height).
They ran off another 6'5" - 6'6" kid in that same soph class (Kraver or Cryer.....something like that) to one of the private schools (St Johns or St Francis) by burying him on the 8th grade B team. Worse yet they had him split time with kids who never played basketball before or after 8th grade. They revolved their plays around "Rec/intramural" kids and not a pretty talented Kraver/Cryer or so I am told. That same kid was dunking in St. Francis summer league games as a freshman.

So now they are stuck playing a 6'2" soph out of position at center in the TRAC. He has a solid skill set to play the 3. I assume he is one of the kids you think could contribute elsewhere.

I'm short so the Napoleon complex strikes a cord, but even I can figure out what you need to compete and would have changed my talent assessment years ago. Can't be undersized at every position. That only works in 5th and 6th grade when ball handling is at a premium.

Last edited by Cardboard Palace; 12-05-16 at 04:25 PM.
Old 12-05-16, 04:48 PM
All Region

Wow, Cardboard. At least you keep it real.

You got me really guessing now. I had you narrowed down to a couple people, but was leaning toward a certain 6'6" 320+ lbs former SVSU player from the 05, but guess not.
Old 12-06-16, 08:57 PM
All American

SJJ takes down defending Division 3 State Champions Lima CC 90-35. Houston King had 22 points, Blake Williams had 20 (6/8 from three) and Vince Williams had 18. Know LCC lost a lot, but this is a great first win.
Old 12-06-16, 11:04 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
SJJ takes down defending Division 3 State Champions Lima CC 90-35. Houston King had 22 points, Blake Williams had 20 (6/8 from three) and Vince Williams had 18. Know LCC lost a lot, but this is a great first win.

I'm confused. Care to help out?

Quote:
SJJ took down Clarkston (MI) in their Foundation game last night. Clarkston has 3 Division 1 recruits including a point guard going to Michigan State. Good early season win.
Old 12-07-16, 08:21 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
I'm confused. Care to help out?
Foundation games don't count as a game. Just a dress rehearsal.
Old 12-07-16, 08:23 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Not saying that SJJ won't be the best team in the area which I think they are hands down, but I read somewhere that Lima CC only had 4 points per game returning from last year.
Old 12-07-16, 09:29 AM
All District

Cooter26 is on a distinguished road
The Whitmer and SJJ game would be something to look forward too
Old 12-07-16, 09:43 AM
All Region

Spartan87 is on a distinguished road
LCC is in big time rebuilding mode. Only one player back that saw time at varsity level (Thomas Williams). Guards are young and inexperienced and it's showing. LCC is going to struggle all season.
Old 12-07-16, 10:30 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooter26 View Post
I read 40 of Whitmer's points came from fresh and sophs vs Springfield. Is Whitmer that good or is the NLL that down/young?

I can't see Whitmer within 15 of St. Johns.
Old 12-07-16, 10:55 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooter26 View Post
Didn't Whitmer lose their 2 best players? They got their doors blown off twice by SJJ last year.
Old 12-07-16, 04:43 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enough
Only wimps need doors?
Old 12-08-16, 12:46 PM
All World

1disciple is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I read 40 of Whitmer's points came from fresh and sophs vs Springfield. Is Whitmer that good or is the NLL that down/young?

I can't see Whitmer within 15 of St. Johns.
The NLL is waaaaay down this year.
Old 12-10-16, 01:14 PM
All World

irish_buffalo is on a distinguished road
SF picked up a nice win.
Old 12-10-16, 07:18 PM
All American

SJJ defeated a good Ann Arbor Skyline team 61-54 in Ypsalinti. Titans move to 3-0.
Old 12-12-16, 09:05 AM
Varsity

I have not seen the Lima Sr. transfer from Puerto Rico in the paper. Is he playing yet?

Whitmer looked a lot better than I expected. Rayford and Witcher are a real good combination and several sophmores are contributing a lot of minutes. Granted it was vs Clay, but they still looked good.

St. Johns looks real tough. They can really get out in transition and shot the ball.

St. Francis vs Whitmer may be for 2nd place in the TRAC.

Findlay lost a lot to graduation. Lost a tight game to a better than expected Toledo Start team.

Toledo CC - Don't know much about them yet, but they will be young.

Clay and Fremont- Both games should be a battle.
Old 12-12-16, 10:07 AM
All Ohio

Johnstown Benny is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I have not seen the Lima Sr. transfer from Puerto Rico in the paper. Is he playing yet?

Whitmer looked a lot better than I expected. Rayford and Witcher are a real good combination and several sophmores are contributing a lot of minutes. Granted it was vs Clay, but they still looked good.

St. Johns looks real tough. They can really get out in transition and shot the ball.

St. Francis vs Whitmer may be for 2nd place in the TRAC.

Findlay lost a lot to graduation. Lost a tight game to a better than expected Toledo Start team.

Toledo CC - Don't know much about them yet, but they will be young.

Clay and Fremont- Both games should be a battle.
Neither of the 2 Lima Senior transfer students from Puerto Rico played in the opening season loss to Toledo St Francis last week. Both are still awaiting final approval from the OHSAA. The 2 players are Javier Quineros , 6'2" guard and Jatsiel Colon, 6' 8" post player. Last Friday, Coach Simpson said that both players would likely be in the starting line-up once they are approved. The addition of these two players could have a significant impact on the success of the Lima Sr. season going forward.

JB