Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > College Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-20-16, 08:24 PM
All American

EagleGuy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
Easily their worst performance of the year. Tenn St might end up in the tournament, but no reason they should have held Duke to 65 points. The only positives were Giles getting on the court, even if it was only a few mins, and Kennard continuing to crush it. I'm worried about how streaky Allen has been. They've said he's been limited by a toe injury.

Malik Monk should be the leading candidate for POY, but Kennard belongs in the discussion.
For a long time, I thought TS was going to keep their composure and take the Dookies to the wire. The wheels came off and Duke went on a run. Still, they let a twenty-point lead (in classic Blue Devil style) shrink to ten. Credit to TS who never quit. A lot of experimenting with combos last night I believe (and hope).

Allen may be pressing. Hope he is not worried about keeping pace with Kennard and just lets the game come to him. Nothing wrong with assists, boards, and plain hustle. The points will get spread around. Also, I imagine K is just being extra cautious - as he should - with Giles and I have let him know I agree with that!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-16, 08:54 AM
Cooling Off

Jim Lahey can only hope to improve
Quote:
Easily their worst performance of the year. Tenn St might end up in the tournament, but no reason they should have held Duke to 65 points. The only positives were Giles getting on the court, even if it was only a few mins, and Kennard continuing to crush it. I'm worried about how streaky Allen has been. They've said he's been limited by a toe injury.

Malik Monk should be the leading candidate for POY, but Kennard belongs in the discussion.
Need to shelf Allen while they can. I get the frosh are trying to heal up but Allen is more important to this team than they are.
Old 12-21-16, 06:41 PM
All Yappi

Jhubbs77 is on a distinguished road
Grayson having a total meltdown after getting called for a T for tripping someone
Old 12-21-16, 08:21 PM
All American

Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Allen is a punk. I'm glad Jay Williams called out K and demanded for him to be suspended, it should have happened last year. I say suspend him 3 games, one for each incident.
Old 12-22-16, 08:15 AM
Cooling Off

I like the rest of Duke. Hopefully Kennedy Meeks punches his teeth in.
Old 12-22-16, 09:25 AM
Cooling Off

Allen suspended indefinitely
Old 12-22-16, 10:33 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Glad to see Duke take a tougher stance this morning than last night. I sure hope they figure out what's wrong with the kid, but I'm afraid the kid has an unfixable screw loose.
Old 12-22-16, 10:51 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lahey View Post
I like the rest of Duke. Hopefully Kennedy Meeks punches his teeth in.
I'd be ok with it. Even Jay Williams couldn't believe nobody has taken a swing at him. And you know what, Duke might be a better team without him, especially with how lights out Kennard is playing. Tatum is also starting to emerge and at some point Giles and Bolden will get into the flow of things.
Old 12-22-16, 11:17 AM
All World

Spille is on a distinguished road
Can't stand Allen, total DB.

I said last year he should have gone pro because his stock will never be higher. He made a bad choice.
Old 12-22-16, 12:21 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
I'd be ok with it. Even Jay Williams couldn't believe nobody has taken a swing at him. And you know what, Duke might be a better team without him, especially with how lights out Kennard is playing. Tatum is also starting to emerge and at some point Giles and Bolden will get into the flow of things.
Ewing Theory, kind of. He forces entirely too much, he's a selfish player. That can work if you have a sh*t team around you. Obviously he does not at Duke.
Old 12-22-16, 12:21 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spille View Post
Can't stand Allen, total DB.

I said last year he should have gone pro because his stock will never be higher. He made a bad choice.
Allen will never make it in the NBA. He will do just fine overseas, be it last year or this year.
Old 12-22-16, 12:28 PM
All American

Quote:
Ewing Theory, kind of. He forces entirely too much, he's a selfish player. That can work if you have a sh*t team around you. Obviously he does not at Duke.
Yeah, last year he didn't have much aside from Ingram. I'll give him credit, Duke doesn't win the Title 2 yrs ago without him, but he's not right in the head. Every time he involved in a hard foul, you have no idea how he'll react.
Old 12-22-16, 12:29 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Glad to see Duke take a tougher stance this morning than last night. I sure hope they figure out what's wrong with the kid, but I'm afraid the kid has an unfixable screw loose.
K wasn't aware of the severity of the incident. He didn't see the trip or the subsequent meltdown. Scheyer dropped the ball not telling K
Old 12-22-16, 02:59 PM
All American

14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Don't like Grayson Allen, but dude can play. He's an NBA calibler talent, if he can keep his head on straight. Some guys just go to another place in competitive environments. Duke should have nipped this in the bud last year. But they are at least addressing it now.
Old 12-22-16, 03:05 PM
All American

14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
The other thing to look for, is watch the video, NONE of the Duke players come to Allen's defense. If someone would throw down with him, I'd guess he'd be by himself.

Look, we've all had teammates who just pushed the envelope. In practice, in games, doesn't matter. My guess is Allen probably does this in practice sometimes with his own players.

The kid knew immediately he was wrong...again. Let's hope he can finally get over this and just play ball.
Old 12-22-16, 03:08 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
Don't like Grayson Allen, but dude can play. He's an NBA calibler talent, if he can keep his head on straight. Some guys just go to another place in competitive environments. Duke should have nipped this in the bud last year. But they are at least addressing it now.
No he's not.
Old 12-22-16, 03:28 PM
All American

Quote:
No he's not.
He might be able to hang around the fringe of the league, but he'll never last.
Old 12-22-16, 03:56 PM
Fake coolin' off

eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Came across this tweet, made me chuckle...

Old 12-22-16, 05:08 PM
All Ohio

Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Allen is a DB
Old 12-22-16, 05:17 PM
All Yappi

Jhubbs77 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
No he's not.
He's gonna be a first round pick so at the very least he'll be there a few years
Old 12-22-16, 06:02 PM
All American

Quote:
K wasn't aware of the severity of the incident. He didn't see the trip or the subsequent meltdown. Scheyer dropped the ball not telling K
Can you expand on that? Was that your observation or was it reported? Not trying to be a smart alec (I've never seen this term in print or even thought to spell it so i had to google it !). Just wonder if you can expand.

I really don't know what to say about this except hopefully the suspension will solve the problem before someone knocks his block off and settles it for him. I, too, am surprised this has not happened before. (There are plenty of likewise, quick-tempered plenty of players who might accommodate him yet).

Didn't at least one someone kick his butt on the playground court at the age of nine? Until he turns this around, I would just as soon not see him on the court. That said, I hope he gets some serious help.
Old 12-22-16, 08:05 PM
All World

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Grayson Allen looks like Johnny Manziel's little brother. He's a dimwit like him too. Needs to grow up.
Old 12-22-16, 08:30 PM
All World

Bballer05
I love how everyone thinks Coach K succumbed to all of social media saying he should suspend him and that's why he did it the day after. That's not what happened. He was able to actually SEE what happened after the game was over - meaning he could review the tape and make an informed decision. He also made Grayson apologize to the player and coach after the game.

I think Allen's a good player but when you have multiple incidents like this happen, something is wrong. Hopefully he can figure it out.
Old 12-22-16, 09:05 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bballer05 View Post
I love how everyone thinks Coach K succumbed to all of social media saying he should suspend him and that's why he did it the day after. That's not what happened. He was able to actually SEE what happened after the game was over - meaning he could review the tape and make an informed decision. He also made Grayson apologize to the player and coach after the game.

I think Allen's a good player but when you have multiple incidents like this happen, something is wrong. Hopefully he can figure it out.
Wow! That social media is really powerful. (Sarcasm) Actually, I heard social media may have peaked so that "power" may not last long, eh?
Old 12-22-16, 10:41 PM
All Yappi

arizonawildcat is on a distinguished road
I would suspent him for a month and require him to attend psychiatric sessions at least twice a week to deal with his anger issues.
Old 12-23-16, 09:58 AM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhubbs77 View Post
He's gonna be a first round pick so at the very least he'll be there a few years
I'd be surprised if he's taken in the first round. Either way, it doesn't make him an NBA talent.
Old 12-23-16, 01:00 PM
All American

Quote:
I'd be surprised if he's taken in the first round. Either way, it doesn't make him an NBA talent.
How are you defining NBA talent? Someone who stays in the league 3-5 years and contributes? He'll last 1-2 seasons, doubt he ever really contributes.

I wonder if this incident will force him to return for his Sr year, if Coach K let's him comeback.

As far as the impact it will have on the team, I think it'll be minimal, given how poorly Allen has played this year.
Old 12-23-16, 01:26 PM
Fake coolin' off

eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bballer05 View Post

You really don't think he knew what happened until the end of the game?
Old 12-23-16, 09:28 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
You really don't think he knew what happened until the end of the game?
Being a big Coach K fan I want to believe that's the truth,but it's fair to be skeptical. Duke was trailing at the half and a loss to Elon would have been tough to explain come March when seeding is unveiled.
Old 12-24-16, 07:02 AM
All World

Raymo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
Grayson Allen looks like Johnny Manziel's little brother. He's a dimwit like him too. Needs to grow up.
He is the worst player I have ever seen in a DUKE uniform,baby,punk,whatever...BAM!