Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-28-16, 06:38 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadThunder View Post
His contract had a $12 mil signing bonus and $61 mil guaranteed. If he goes broke it's because he's financially illiterate like 80% of pro athletes, not because he lost a couple endorsements.
Agreed, I see a Derrick Coleman-like financial demise.
Old 08-28-16, 09:26 PM
Fake coolin' off

eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Pboy.
Old 08-29-16, 06:37 AM
All Yappi

Uncle Ted is on a distinguished road
I did the Top Golf thing over the weekend. Here are some tips to help save a little time. Saturday's around 7:00 pm you can expect a two - three hour wait.

Get your membership cards in advanced. I went up last Tuesday to check things out and was talked into getting the cards at that time. $5.00 per card and you can get a card for anyone you want and it's a one time thing. You need the card to rent a bay. We went Saturday around 5:00 and it was a 40 minute wait to get a bay, and it would of been another 40 minutes to get a card. They have a nice bar area to sit at while you wait. We didn't eat, but the food did look pretty good. Lots of hot women and it's a pretty casual place. The golfing part reminded me of a bowling alley. Each bay has a wrap couch and a table in the center. Waiters/waitresses periodically stop by to get whatever you need. The games you can play are the typical golf games. Scramble, stroke, chipping contest etc. They do have clubs and they are included in the bay rental price, they aren't the best nor the worst. Bay rental is on a per time of the day(fluctuates) $40 per hr after 5:00 on Saturdays and it seats up to six people.
Old 08-29-16, 07:48 AM
Fake coolin' off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
I did the Top Golf thing over the weekend. Here are some tips to help save a little time. Saturday's around 7:00 pm you can expect a two - three hour wait.

Get your membership cards in advanced. I went up last Tuesday to check things out and was talked into getting the cards at that time. $5.00 per card and you can get a card for anyone you want and it's a one time thing. You need the card to rent a bay. We went Saturday around 5:00 and it was a 40 minute wait to get a bay, and it would of been another 40 minutes to get a card. They have a nice bar area to sit at while you wait. We didn't eat, but the food did look pretty good. Lots of hot women and it's a pretty casual place. The golfing part reminded me of a bowling alley. Each bay has a wrap couch and a table in the center. Waiters/waitresses periodically stop by to get whatever you need. The games you can play are the typical golf games. Scramble, stroke, chipping contest etc. They do have clubs and they are included in the bay rental price, they aren't the best nor the worst. Bay rental is on a per time of the day(fluctuates) $40 per hr after 5:00 on Saturdays and it seats up to six people.
Are you going back? I see no reason to visit this place myself.
Old 08-29-16, 07:56 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Are you going back? I see no reason to visit this place myself.
I am not opposed to it, I took my daughter and her boyfriend there for her b-day since they have been talking about going. I won't go back if I can get on a course and play, but the winter or crappy days would be cool if you had other adults splitting the cost. I had about $100 wrapped up in it, but I did buy all the cards. My wife and younger daughter went also. I didn't have a card for my younger daughter, her name just didn't appear on the monitor.

Actually I am more interested in trying out the food than golfing again.
Old 08-29-16, 08:07 AM
Cooling Off

Frank Underwood has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Seems like this like this would fill up with a lot of business men.
Old 08-29-16, 08:11 AM
Fake coolin' off

Quote:
I am not opposed to it, I took my daughter and her boyfriend there for her b-day since they have been talking about going. I won't go back if I can get on a course and play, but the winter or crappy days would be cool if you had other adults splitting the cost. I had about $100 wrapped up in it, but I did buy all the cards. My wife and younger daughter went also. I didn't have a card for my younger daughter, her name just didn't appear on the monitor.

Actually I am more interested in trying out the food than golfing again.
Did you bring your own clubs?

My thought is it would have to just be a screw around thing with some friends. The place is kind of weird (part arcade, part bar, part driving range, etc.).....maybe I will just have to go to see for myself.
Old 08-29-16, 08:30 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Did you bring your own clubs?

My thought is it would have to just be a screw around thing with some friends. The place is kind of weird (part arcade, part bar, part driving range, etc.).....maybe I will just have to go to see for myself.
No I didn't bring my own clubs, I wish I would of though.
Old 08-29-16, 08:40 AM
Cooling Off

TheBigGulp can only hope to improve
I have a friend that works there and he keeps telling me to go with him, we would get a bay for free if I go with him.
Old 08-29-16, 08:49 AM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
It sounds awesome honestly.
Old 08-29-16, 01:25 PM
All Yappi

Sig Hansen can only hope to improve
I was kind of shocked Top Golf is still putting up those places with the golf industry doing so poorly right now. Seems like a horrible investment, but I hope they do well.
Old 08-29-16, 02:14 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sig Hansen View Post
I was kind of shocked Top Golf is still putting up those places with the golf industry doing so poorly right now. Seems like a horrible investment, but I hope they do well.
They were doing pretty well Saturday night. Something different in close to Cincinnati. Who know how long it will last.

I didn't realize the golf industry was doing poorly?
Old 08-29-16, 02:39 PM
Cooling Off

James Cramerica can only hope to improve
Sounds awesome to me and is a perfect niche IMO and should do well even as the rest of the golf industry isn't doing well.

My buddy went Saturday around noon and really liked it. He spent two hours there and spent about $180 all said and done though, including food and drink. Obviously not a cheap event, but definitely unique entertainment. It has been absolutely packed since it opened.
Old 08-29-16, 02:40 PM
Cooling Off

James Cramerica can only hope to improve
Quote:
I didn't realize the golf industry was doing poorly?
Very poorly. The trends in terms of number of rounds played/year is way down.
Old 08-29-16, 02:57 PM
All Yappi

TheDude is on a distinguished road
Golf courses are closing left and right so builders can turn them into overpriced cookie cutters
Old 08-29-16, 04:00 PM
All Yappi

I do see some courses closing, but I also see slot of courses packed on weekend mornings when I go. I am not doubting it is slower than previous years, I haven't noticed though. A lot of the newer subdivisions have a course built in. Why go anywhere else if you have one in your backyard, especially if you pay the fees to play. The course over by Wesselman sucked anyway, I forget the name...Hillview I think. Greencrest in Mason is a dump also, the property is probably worth way more than what the course would make in the next 30 years.
Old 08-29-16, 04:10 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I do see some courses closing, but I also see slot of courses packed on weekend mornings when I go. I am not doubting it is slower than previous years, I haven't noticed though. A lot of the newer subdivisions have a course built in. Why go anywhere else if you have one in your backyard, especially if you pay the fees to play. The course over by Wesselman sucked anyway, I forget the name...Hillview I think. Greencrest in Mason is a dump also, the property is probably worth way more than what the course would make in the next 30 years.
Funny you should say that. Hillview and Deer Run are both closed permanently and planned for redevelopment with a bunch of houses going in. There's I think three other courses on the West Side that have closed in the past 5-6 years. Hidden Valley is public now, which is probably not a good sign (there's another golf course right across State Line Rd, which I'm surprised is still open). I've said before I don't golf much at all but it's a shame to see all these courses close up shop.

Combine the crash in 2008, the fall of Tiger Woods, golf being expensive to play, and young kids losing interest, and golf is getting killed.
Old 08-29-16, 04:18 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sig Hansen View Post
Funny you should say that. Hillview and Deer Run are both closed permanently and planned for redevelopment with a bunch of houses going in. There's I think three other courses on the West Side that have closed in the past 5-6 years. Hidden Valley is public now, which is probably not a good sign (there's another golf course right across State Line Rd, which I'm surprised is still open). I've said before I don't golf much at all but it's a shame to see all these courses close up shop.

Combine the crash in 2008, the fall of Tiger Woods, golf being expensive to play, and young kids losing interest, and golf is getting killed.
I think it is Sugar Ridge by Hidden valley. Hidden valley is nice course, sugar ridge is garbage. But that one (sugar ridge)is also in the middle of a subdivision. They don't put a ton of money into that one in up keep. I do work for Clovernook Country Club which has been struggling for years, mainly because of its location. Surprised that they haven't tried semi private yet.
Old 08-29-16, 04:21 PM
All Yappi

Just an FYI

For the money Indian Ridge is probably the best deal going. $38 on the weekend mornings. I believe it is the number one turn around course nationwide.
Old 08-29-16, 04:23 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I think it is Sugar Ridge by Hidden valley. Hidden valley is nice course, sugar ridge is garbage. But that one (sugar ridge)is also in the middle of a subdivision. They don't put a ton of money into that one in up keep. I do work for Clovernook Country Club which has been struggling for years, mainly because of its location. Surprised that they haven't tried semi private yet.
Yeah it sucks. Golfed there one time and quit after 7 or 8 holes.

Also pizzed Green Tee driving range closed. That place was awesome because it seemed like you were hitting the ball so much farther than you really were.

Last edited by Sig Hansen; 08-29-16 at 04:36 PM.
Old 08-29-16, 04:52 PM
All Yappi

TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I believe Sugar Ridge, Hillview and Deer Run were all Macke courses. Hillview sucked, but I did like playing Deer Run.
My wife's uncle is a member of Clovernook and he's been talking about their membership struggling for a while. Like you said, the location sucks.
Old 08-29-16, 04:54 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
I believe Sugar Ridge, Hillview and Deer Run were all Macke courses. Hillview sucked, but I did like playing Deer Run.
My wife's uncle is a member of Clovernook and he's been talking about their membership struggling for a while. Like you said, the location sucks.
I think the last surviving macke course is pebble creek. Never played Deer Run or I don't think I have. Where was it?
Old 08-29-16, 05:11 PM
All Yappi

TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I think the last surviving macke course is pebble creek. Never played Deer Run or I don't think I have. Where was it?
I think Sugar Ridge is still run by the Macke family. Deer Run was a country club back in the bridgetown/addyston area. It was on Pickway.
Old 08-29-16, 05:16 PM
All Yappi

EHS 2001 is on a distinguished road
The Macke family owns Aston Oaks too.
Old 08-29-16, 05:40 PM
Cooling Off

TheBigGulp can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Cramerica View Post
Very poorly. The trends in terms of number of rounds played/year is way down.
Is this just a geographical anomaly because of the weather or is the entire industry suffering everywhere?
Old 08-29-16, 09:54 PM
Cooling Off

Nelson Van Alden has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
Man that QB must be one lazy sob because I don't think there's a single country on the face of the planet that would meet his definition of "non-oppresion."

Exercising a little good ol fashion Americanism would be a good thing here. He's willing to accept the "endorsement" repercussions. Easy on him because he's got his millions. How about if there was a boycott of the NFL until he and his twitter agreers left the field? Perfectly acceptable to have their POV here.

Does he really think him sitting on his azz is going to solve the problem he claims to exist? Or does that meat-head think it might exasperate it?

Dude needs to find a bridge and jump. The splatter would have more worth than the whole.

Sit while people die so you can make your millions. Dickhead.
https://www.google.com/amp/www.outki...82916.amp.html

I disagree with everything he's done, but I supported his right to do it. Now, it's clear he's just an attention hore.
Old 08-29-16, 11:02 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson Van Alden View Post

I disagree with everything he's done, but I supported his right to do it. Now, it's clear he's just an attention hore.
Idiot!!!

Because Castro was all about human rights. Castro's cops never shot anyone, did they ?

The guy is a sub-moron. Literally a walkin', talkin' personification of the "million dollar arm with a ten cent head" cliche' Too damn funny!
Old 08-29-16, 11:50 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson Van Alden View Post

That's awesome
Old 08-30-16, 06:33 AM
Cooling Off

Frank Underwood has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
The only reason I went to Hillview was because a friend worked for them in the past and got a mess ton of buy one get one free so we'd split the cost and it was like $7.5 for 9 holes with a cart or something like that.
Old 08-30-16, 06:51 AM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Uh oh, looks like the SJW's are infiltrating Yappi through the college football forum. We need lotr to show them the way out!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: