Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-19-17, 07:55 AM
All World

coachg is on a distinguished road
State CUP Results

Congrats to all that won State Cup titles. Amazing CUP won 7 out of the 9 age groups!! Again Congrats to all great work by so many local teams. We are blessed to have such great soccer in this area.

U11: CUP South beat CUP North
U12: CUP North beat KHA Red
U13: CUP Gold beat TFA Elite
U14: CUP Gold beat CUP Black
U15: CUP Gold beat OP Green
U16: TFA Elite beat CUP Gold
U17: CUP Gold beat Classics Eagles
U18: KHA Red beat CUP Gold
U19: CUP Gold beat Classics Eagles

U11 north II, u15 cup black, u18 cup black also finished as semi finalists!!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-17, 01:21 PM
All American

buckshooter5 is on a distinguished road
Oh My!!!! So impressive. Money well spent. Means nothing without ECNL teams in the mix. Guess Cup is the Best. ROTFLMAO
Old 05-19-17, 03:11 PM
Varsity

Gr8tS0ccr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshooter5 View Post
Oh My!!!! So impressive. Money well spent. Means nothing without ECNL teams in the mix. Guess Cup is the Best. ROTFLMAO
You are right...they should enter. But then what would everyone on Yappi have to argue about???

I have to assume you mean that OP would give CUP a run for their money, because other than the 16's and 18's at OE, which are good. OE is pretty average, and below average for an ECNL club. -28 Goal Differential for the U14s...ouch. Signing my kid up now...they will get their a$% handed to them for 4 years, but by golly, they will get that scholarship!
Old 05-19-17, 05:21 PM
All World

Quote:
Wow you cant even congratulate the teams that won. I guess thats par for the course with the OE chest thumpers. Glad to see how mature you are...
Old 05-20-17, 07:59 AM
All American

Oh, my bad. Congrats to all the teams that won. Now when the Cincy Challenge is played, let's not forget to list the winners and congratulate them. What a joke. We need to get the true Sate Cup back, with all the teams. Until then.....meaningless. See you in South Dakota!
Old 05-20-17, 08:13 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Oh, my bad. Congrats to all the teams that won. Now when the Cincy Challenge is played, let's not forget to list the winners and congratulate them. What a joke. We need to get the true Sate Cup back, with all the teams. Until then.....meaningless. See you in South Dakota!
We definitely agree on that. Would be great to have all the teams in OHS compete for one State Cup again. It ends a whole lot of non-sense talk that happens on here, and is a put up or shut up event. Will never happen...too much money at stake now.

Have fun in SD, in whatever capacity you happen to be going there in...
Old 05-22-17, 12:47 PM
Freshman

ECNL is on a distinguished road
History lesson...for those that forgot.

The last year ECNL clubs were involved in the girls OH South State Cup, 2011, they swept the high school age group divisions, u15-u19. OE won 3, OP won 2.

The last 2 years that ECNL teams were involved, CUP won zero titles.

The last 4 years the ECNL teams were involved...CUP won a total of 4, while OE won a total of 10, and OP won 8 titles.
Old 05-22-17, 01:24 PM
All American

Mic Drop!
Old 05-22-17, 03:45 PM
Freshman

5x26 is on a distinguished road
Congrats to those CUP girls (and boys). It's a bit of a diluted pool without OP and OE's top teams but still pretty impressive, especially after the 2016 results as well.

I've seen the TFA 16's play in person. I actually ref'd their early State Cup game, and they are a pretty solid team. Didn't think they would take it but good for them too. Hard working, respectful girls.
Old 05-22-17, 10:28 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECNL View Post

The last year ECNL clubs were involved in the girls OH South State Cup, 2011, they swept the high school age group divisions, u15-u19. OE won 3, OP won 2.

The last 4 years the ECNL teams were involved...CUP won a total of 4, while OE won a total of 10, and OP won 8 titles.
I think it is easy to take a point in time slice and make a lot out of it. There used to be much more parity in State CUP, and OP were winning State Cups well before ECNL came along. I am not knocking anyone. I miss having a true test of the best, rather than this arguing back and forth without proving it on the playing field. I think it would be great to see OE/CUP/OP and others battle it out in one competition. Sadly, it won't happen again...too much money at stake.

Here is the historical State CUP list if anyone cares to look. CUP really only came into dominance in the last 3 years or so. The landscape will evolve again...only a matter of time.

https://usys-assets.ae-admin.com/...%20champs1.PDF
Old 05-25-17, 05:11 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECNL View Post

Your right its history and not been repeated by OE again and actually doubt they could do it again anytime soon. At least I had enough class to congratulate OE when they did it and not make excuses like others here do. I guess its easy to talk trash when your not competing.
Old 05-25-17, 07:59 PM
Freshman

MitchSaysNo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8tS0ccr View Post
I think it is easy to take a point in time slice and make a lot out of it. There used to be much more parity in State CUP, and OP were winning State Cups well before ECNL came along. I am not knocking anyone. I miss having a true test of the best, rather than this arguing back and forth without proving it on the playing field. I think it would be great to see OE/CUP/OP and others battle it out in one competition. Sadly, it won't happen again...too much money at stake.

Here is the historical State CUP list if anyone cares to look. CUP really only came into dominance in the last 3 years or so. The landscape will evolve again...only a matter of time.

https://usys-assets.ae-admin.com/...%20champs1.PDF
Some good points Gr8tS0ccr. I think the real question is: what is State Cup going to mean anymore? You take out ECNL teams, then DA teams....is this now the equivalent of what President's Cup was or should be?
Old 05-25-17, 09:57 PM
Freshman

Pele is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachg View Post
Your right its history and not been repeated by OE again and actually doubt they could do it again anytime soon. At least I had enough class to congratulate OE when they did it and not make excuses like others here do. I guess its easy to talk trash when your not competing.
Are you a man or a mouse? Are you really crying because posters from another club didn't congratulate you and your club for winning state cup? Give me a break you self indulgent ja. Grow some soccer balls and while your at it princess you need to watch the video below on self pity!

http://sfhelp.org/gwc/wounds.htm
Old 05-26-17, 09:15 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pele View Post
Are you a man or a mouse? Are you really crying because posters from another club didn't congratulate you and your club for winning state cup? Give me a break you self indulgent ja. Grow some soccer balls and while your at it princess you need to watch the video below on self pity!

http://sfhelp.org/gwc/wounds.htm
LOL Pele- Your funny. The OE chest thumpers can dish but not take it. They have said exactly what I just did and its ok but I say it and its crazy... LOL I knew the chest thumpers would attack the post but I enjoy the double standard they have. As for growing a pair lets just say I am just fine and use this sight for entertainment purposes to laugh at all of you. I have been here longer than almost all of you and I bet I will be here long after your little Mia's stop playing. Some that post on here great people many are just OE chest Thumpers.
Old 05-26-17, 05:09 PM
All Ohio

Soccer Toe is on a distinguished road
Did OE quit listing their players that went off to college on the OE website?
Old 05-30-17, 06:00 AM
All American

OP and OE would dominate State Cup, since they do not play in it, we have Cup. End of story.
Old 05-31-17, 12:17 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccer Toe View Post
Did OE quit listing their players that went off to college on the OE website?
No they list them under each teams area.
Old 06-13-17, 04:07 PM
Freshman

Progress? is on a distinguished road
Been reading the bs from buckshooter5 and ECNL for a long time. I realize what I'm asking is going to hurt the pocket book of one of you, but to keep beating your chest on how good OE is compared to some of the other local teams is simply ignorant. There are great teams at OE, however there are great teams at CUP and other clubs. The ECNL for the girls has done great things for A LOT of girls however, some of the OE ECNL teams get their butts kicked all over the field year in and year out? But then OE blames a lack of talent or maybe, just maybe, the coaches aren't developing talent at a young age? How many of your current ECNL players 16 and up have been with the club longer than 3-4 years? IF ECNL is the greatest and OE is the greatest club around, wouldn't they have the best trainers, training up kids to compete on the greatest stage??? OR, the alternative is you get destroyed in the younger ages, pray ECNL keeps you on the board so OE can stay in the league and continue to beat your chest that ECNL is the greatest and since your part of ECNL kids come out and parents put up with your arrogant attitude, approach and fee's?
Old 06-13-17, 08:55 PM
All District

Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Progress? View Post
Been reading the bs from buckshooter5 and ECNL for a long time. I realize what I'm asking is going to hurt the pocket book of one of you, but to keep beating your chest on how good OE is compared to some of the other local teams is simply ignorant. There are great teams at OE, however there are great teams at CUP and other clubs. The ECNL for the girls has done great things for A LOT of girls however, some of the OE ECNL teams get their butts kicked all over the field year in and year out? But then OE blames a lack of talent or maybe, just maybe, the coaches aren't developing talent at a young age? How many of your current ECNL players 16 and up have been with the club longer than 3-4 years? IF ECNL is the greatest and OE is the greatest club around, wouldn't they have the best trainers, training up kids to compete on the greatest stage??? OR, the alternative is you get destroyed in the younger ages, pray ECNL keeps you on the board so OE can stay in the league and continue to beat your chest that ECNL is the greatest and since your part of ECNL kids come out and parents put up with your arrogant attitude, approach and fee's?

That's a really good question (first part). I'd argue that Most of the OE girls by U16 are like CUP girls and were elsewhere at U12.
Old 06-13-17, 09:45 PM
Freshman

Iniesta is on a distinguished road
It's really comparing apples and oranges to compare OE and CU at the younger ages groups. OE typically fields two teams at each age bracket. The overall CU system probably carries at least 9. OE maintains a pretty good focus on player development, so much so that they often field significantly weaker teams than they might for the sake of giving (young) kids opportunities to develop. For sure, only a fraction of an ECNL roster "grows up" at OE, but given the number of kids in the system I think they do as well as anyone developing talent.
Old 06-14-17, 02:56 PM
Freshman

5x26 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Parent View Post
That's a really good question (first part). I'd argue that Most of the OE girls by U16 are like CUP girls and were elsewhere at U12.
From what I have seen it's about 4-6 per age group the last few years have been at OE from that U9-U12 age and stayed with the ECNL teams U14 through U18 another 5-8 on Academy. Some ages a little more, some a little less. That seems like a pretty fair number to be playing on a top team in the city (or top 15 in the country, as OE ECNL U16's and U18's are). Consider the pool of 22-25ish total kids OE has to choose from at those younger ages, and that's not bad.

Taking a pool that small and developing a team of 18 top level kids is just not likely. But turning 20% +/- of the young ones into high level players is impressive. At least to me.
Old 06-14-17, 04:07 PM
Freshman

Progress? is on a distinguished road
I would agree if the %'s are right. My bigger point is the nonsense of OE/ECNL bashing CUP/DA is silly. Those bashing the other are protecting their pocket books. Great for CUP to have such a strong performance in the State Cup. Great for OE to have 2 of their ECNL teams win their respective league. Saying a team/club is better strictly based on the league they play in is ignorant and short sided at best.
Old 06-15-17, 03:29 PM
All District

Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Progress? View Post
I would agree if the %'s are right. My bigger point is the nonsense of OE/ECNL bashing CUP/DA is silly. Those bashing the other are protecting their pocket books. Great for CUP to have such a strong performance in the State Cup. Great for OE to have 2 of their ECNL teams win their respective league. Saying a team/club is better strictly based on the league they play in is ignorant and short sided at best.
NL vs ECNL is a legitimate point when comparing the clubs. DA vs ECNL is theoretical. Both clubs are great at fielding teams of elite players. I think neither club is particularly keen on clarifying who's better by playing each other.
Old 06-20-17, 06:43 PM
All American

Elite Players or Elite Wallets?
Old 07-10-17, 02:01 PM
Freshman

yapster2017 is on a distinguished road
How did CUP do at Regionals? I have not heard any chatter about the results. Considering how well they did in state cup I would expect a great showing at Regionals.
Old 07-10-17, 02:21 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by yapster2017 View Post
How did CUP do at Regionals? I have not heard any chatter about the results. Considering how well they did in state cup I would expect a great showing at Regionals.
I hope this is what you were looking for.

http://tournaments.usyouthsoccer.org...tional-League/
Old 07-10-17, 08:50 PM
All Ohio

CitrusCrunch is on a distinguished road
so coachg those are the standings at regionals
Old 07-10-17, 10:39 PM
All World

Philly_Cat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CitrusCrunch View Post
so coachg those are the standings at regionals
Those are the final national league standings. Not sure why he posted that.

Here is the regionals standings

http://tournaments.usyouthsoccer.org...Championships/

And here is the National Championships brackets

http://tournaments.usyouthsoccer.org...Championships/

CUP didn't have a very impressive showing overall in my opinion. Nobody won a regional championship and only a handful from both the boys and girls sides even made it out of bracket play. CUP still has 2 boys and 3 girls teams playing in Nationals due to their National League play.
Old 07-11-17, 06:08 AM
All Ohio

CitrusCrunch is on a distinguished road
thanks philly i guess i just assumed regional meant the last standing from each region advanced. so like last four standing. any idea why the field is so big after "regional"
Old 07-11-17, 07:06 AM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CitrusCrunch View Post
thanks philly i guess i just assumed regional meant the last standing from each region advanced. so like last four standing. any idea why the field is so big after "regional"
From what I saw of the NL link its showing the NL regular season schedules and results. This has nothing to do with Regionals. I believe the top 2 finishers in each Division qualify for Regional (in their Region) and then of course State Cup winners advance to Regionals, which has nothing to do with the NL results. There may some Wild card options as well. I never rally understood that part.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: