Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-19-17, 07:55 AM
coachg coachg is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-29-07
Location: Masonish
Posts: 4,168
coachg is on a distinguished road
State CUP Results

Congrats to all that won State Cup titles. Amazing CUP won 7 out of the 9 age groups!! Again Congrats to all great work by so many local teams. We are blessed to have such great soccer in this area.

U11: CUP South beat CUP North
U12: CUP North beat KHA Red
U13: CUP Gold beat TFA Elite
U14: CUP Gold beat CUP Black
U15: CUP Gold beat OP Green
U16: TFA Elite beat CUP Gold
U17: CUP Gold beat Classics Eagles
U18: KHA Red beat CUP Gold
U19: CUP Gold beat Classics Eagles

U11 north II, u15 cup black, u18 cup black also finished as semi finalists!!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 05-19-17, 01:21 PM
buckshooter5 buckshooter5 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-05-12
Posts: 1,357
buckshooter5 is on a distinguished road
Oh My!!!! So impressive. Money well spent. Means nothing without ECNL teams in the mix. Guess Cup is the Best. ROTFLMAO
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-19-17, 03:11 PM
Gr8tS0ccr Gr8tS0ccr is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-30-12
Posts: 77
Gr8tS0ccr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshooter5 View Post
Oh My!!!! So impressive. Money well spent. Means nothing without ECNL teams in the mix. Guess Cup is the Best. ROTFLMAO
You are right...they should enter. But then what would everyone on Yappi have to argue about???

I have to assume you mean that OP would give CUP a run for their money, because other than the 16's and 18's at OE, which are good. OE is pretty average, and below average for an ECNL club. -28 Goal Differential for the U14s...ouch. Signing my kid up now...they will get their a$% handed to them for 4 years, but by golly, they will get that scholarship!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-19-17, 05:21 PM
coachg coachg is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-29-07
Location: Masonish
Posts: 4,168
coachg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshooter5 View Post
Oh My!!!! So impressive. Money well spent. Means nothing without ECNL teams in the mix. Guess Cup is the Best. ROTFLMAO
Wow you cant even congratulate the teams that won. I guess thats par for the course with the OE chest thumpers. Glad to see how mature you are...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-20-17, 07:59 AM
buckshooter5 buckshooter5 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-05-12
Posts: 1,357
buckshooter5 is on a distinguished road
Oh, my bad. Congrats to all the teams that won. Now when the Cincy Challenge is played, let's not forget to list the winners and congratulate them. What a joke. We need to get the true Sate Cup back, with all the teams. Until then.....meaningless. See you in South Dakota!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-20-17, 08:13 AM
Gr8tS0ccr Gr8tS0ccr is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-30-12
Posts: 77
Gr8tS0ccr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshooter5 View Post
Oh, my bad. Congrats to all the teams that won. Now when the Cincy Challenge is played, let's not forget to list the winners and congratulate them. What a joke. We need to get the true Sate Cup back, with all the teams. Until then.....meaningless. See you in South Dakota!
We definitely agree on that. Would be great to have all the teams in OHS compete for one State Cup again. It ends a whole lot of non-sense talk that happens on here, and is a put up or shut up event. Will never happen...too much money at stake now.

Have fun in SD, in whatever capacity you happen to be going there in...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-22-17, 12:47 PM
ECNL ECNL is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 04-12-17
Posts: 8
ECNL is on a distinguished road
History lesson...for those that forgot.

The last year ECNL clubs were involved in the girls OH South State Cup, 2011, they swept the high school age group divisions, u15-u19. OE won 3, OP won 2.

The last 2 years that ECNL teams were involved, CUP won zero titles.

The last 4 years the ECNL teams were involved...CUP won a total of 4, while OE won a total of 10, and OP won 8 titles.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-22-17, 01:24 PM
buckshooter5 buckshooter5 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-05-12
Posts: 1,357
buckshooter5 is on a distinguished road
Mic Drop!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-22-17, 03:45 PM
5x26 5x26 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 05-22-17
Posts: 2
5x26 is on a distinguished road
Congrats to those CUP girls (and boys). It's a bit of a diluted pool without OP and OE's top teams but still pretty impressive, especially after the 2016 results as well.

I've seen the TFA 16's play in person. I actually ref'd their early State Cup game, and they are a pretty solid team. Didn't think they would take it but good for them too. Hard working, respectful girls.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-22-17, 10:28 PM
Gr8tS0ccr Gr8tS0ccr is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-30-12
Posts: 77
Gr8tS0ccr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECNL View Post
History lesson...for those that forgot.

The last year ECNL clubs were involved in the girls OH South State Cup, 2011, they swept the high school age group divisions, u15-u19. OE won 3, OP won 2.

The last 2 years that ECNL teams were involved, CUP won zero titles.

The last 4 years the ECNL teams were involved...CUP won a total of 4, while OE won a total of 10, and OP won 8 titles.
I think it is easy to take a point in time slice and make a lot out of it. There used to be much more parity in State CUP, and OP were winning State Cups well before ECNL came along. I am not knocking anyone. I miss having a true test of the best, rather than this arguing back and forth without proving it on the playing field. I think it would be great to see OE/CUP/OP and others battle it out in one competition. Sadly, it won't happen again...too much money at stake.

Here is the historical State CUP list if anyone cares to look. CUP really only came into dominance in the last 3 years or so. The landscape will evolve again...only a matter of time.

https://usys-assets.ae-admin.com/...%20champs1.PDF
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-25-17, 05:11 PM
coachg coachg is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-29-07
Location: Masonish
Posts: 4,168
coachg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECNL View Post
History lesson...for those that forgot.

The last year ECNL clubs were involved in the girls OH South State Cup, 2011, they swept the high school age group divisions, u15-u19. OE won 3, OP won 2.

The last 2 years that ECNL teams were involved, CUP won zero titles.

The last 4 years the ECNL teams were involved...CUP won a total of 4, while OE won a total of 10, and OP won 8 titles.
Your right its history and not been repeated by OE again and actually doubt they could do it again anytime soon. At least I had enough class to congratulate OE when they did it and not make excuses like others here do. I guess its easy to talk trash when your not competing.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-25-17, 07:59 PM
MitchSaysNo MitchSaysNo is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 05-25-17
Posts: 2
MitchSaysNo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8tS0ccr View Post
I think it is easy to take a point in time slice and make a lot out of it. There used to be much more parity in State CUP, and OP were winning State Cups well before ECNL came along. I am not knocking anyone. I miss having a true test of the best, rather than this arguing back and forth without proving it on the playing field. I think it would be great to see OE/CUP/OP and others battle it out in one competition. Sadly, it won't happen again...too much money at stake.

Here is the historical State CUP list if anyone cares to look. CUP really only came into dominance in the last 3 years or so. The landscape will evolve again...only a matter of time.

https://usys-assets.ae-admin.com/...%20champs1.PDF
Some good points Gr8tS0ccr. I think the real question is: what is State Cup going to mean anymore? You take out ECNL teams, then DA teams....is this now the equivalent of what President's Cup was or should be?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-25-17, 09:57 PM
Pele Pele is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 03-15-17
Posts: 17
Pele is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachg View Post
Your right its history and not been repeated by OE again and actually doubt they could do it again anytime soon. At least I had enough class to congratulate OE when they did it and not make excuses like others here do. I guess its easy to talk trash when your not competing.
Are you a man or a mouse? Are you really crying because posters from another club didn't congratulate you and your club for winning state cup? Give me a break you self indulgent ja. Grow some soccer balls and while your at it princess you need to watch the video below on self pity!

http://sfhelp.org/gwc/wounds.htm
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
June 4 - Day-Camp at Yorktown HS (IN) with Army West Point Coach McCormick Wrestling 11 05-22-17 08:15 PM
Zack Donathan at Team Jones Practice - Wednesday, May 10th - D1 State Champion Sid's Dad Wrestling 2 05-11-17 05:00 PM
May 4th at Kent State Yappi General Board 62 05-10-17 12:48 PM
Zack Donathan at Team Jones Practice - Wednesday, May 10th - D1 State Champion Sid's Dad Tournaments looking for teams, open tournaments, wrestling camps/clubs, etc. 0 05-10-17 12:33 PM
Ohio State Baseball Hitnrun Baseball 20 05-06-17 02:42 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:20 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz