Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-15-17, 04:43 PM
All American

Rohbino is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Red View Post

Best Pitch:

NKU
UC
XU
Miami
Dayton
Do you have the fields ranked in some kind of reverse order? Dayton's Baujan Field is the best. After that is Miami. Throw the others out because they're synthetic. Plastic grass sucks.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-17, 09:53 PM
All District

Conan73 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohbino View Post
Do you have the fields ranked in some kind of reverse order? Dayton's Baujan Field is the best. After that is Miami. Throw the others out because they're synthetic. Plastic grass sucks.
Agree. I would put UD 1st and Miami 2nd because they both play on grass. UD's stadium wins over Miami because of atmosphere.
Old 05-16-17, 10:03 AM
All District

Red Red is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan73 View Post
Agree. I would put UD 1st and Miami 2nd because they both play on grass. UD's stadium wins over Miami because of atmosphere.
I thought someone told me UD's pitch is too short. Is that True? If so, I say if it's not regulation it goes to the bottom.

I do agree it's great atmosphere.
Old 05-16-17, 01:52 PM
All Region

belied dat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Just for fun..Let's rank local teams

Best Pitch:

NKU
UC
XU
Miami
Dayton
After spending time at NKU...definitely not the best pitch, nowhere close. It's a turf that is "expired" (technically, it is a recalled turf that has been tied up in lawsuits with other recalls until warranties expire). NKU will be replacing the turf either post-2017 season or post-2018 season.
Old 05-16-17, 02:06 PM
All Ohio

ammtd34 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I thought someone told me UD's pitch is too short. Is that True? If so, I say if it's not regulation it goes to the bottom.

I do agree it's great atmosphere.
I wondered if that could be true since it used to be football, which would require 120 yards. But one of the buildings on an end was built in 1978, which was after UD football moved to Welcome Stadium, so it could have decreased the length. I couldn't find the dimensions online. I'd be interested to find out.
Old 05-16-17, 02:17 PM
All District

Red Red is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by belied dat View Post
After spending time at NKU...definitely not the best pitch, nowhere close. It's a turf that is "expired" (technically, it is a recalled turf that has been tied up in lawsuits with other recalls until warranties expire). NKU will be replacing the turf either post-2017 season or post-2018 season.
I agree about the turf it's bad and needs to be replaced. I think their stadium is very nice though which moves it up in rankings.
Old 05-17-17, 06:02 AM
Varsity

Fleeced is on a distinguished road
Nate at X? He does not have the ability to recruit truly talented players. X continues their slide downward.
Old 05-17-17, 07:26 AM
All American

buckshooter5 is on a distinguished road
The revolving door at X is an issue, however the biggest issue they have.......players have a lot of choices in the Tri-State area. Hard to sell X when kids can play at Miami, UD, UC, NKU, KY, Louisville, OU, OS. Nate has a lot of work to do, but given the time, he can rebuild that program. Will look great on his resume.
Old 05-17-17, 11:05 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammtd34 View Post
I wondered if that could be true since it used to be football, which would require 120 yards. But one of the buildings on an end was built in 1978, which was after UD football moved to Welcome Stadium, so it could have decreased the length. I couldn't find the dimensions online. I'd be interested to find out.
This is the NCAA size requrements:

1.1 Dimensions
1.1.1 The field of play shall be rectangular, the width of which shall not be more than 75 yards [68.58 m] or less than 70 yards [64.01 m] and shall not exceed the length. The length shall not be more than 120 yards [109.73 m] or less than 115 yards [105.16 m].
Note: The optimum size is 75 yards [68.58 m] by 120 yards [109.73 m]. Facilities in use before 1995 need only to be rectangular the width of which shall not exceed the length.
Old 05-18-17, 06:45 AM
All American

buckshooter5 is on a distinguished road
Great point
Old 05-18-17, 07:11 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by pure class View Post
his biggest obstacle will be overcoming tuition $$ which was a much lower hurdle at UC and Miami both state schools. 50% at UC or Miami leaves $15k or so where the 50% at X still leaves $25k - before any academic money of course.

he is a good recruiter and hopefully a good coach.
If you have a good GPA and good ACT scores, you won't pay the X sticker price. So, he'll have to focus on getting those players that are also good students; something that he and coach stafford would brag about being able to do at UC. the bottom line for anyone in a non-revenue sport if with a limited scholarship budget is that if you can get players that are also good students, you can supplement the limited scholarship funds with academic money
Old 05-18-17, 09:24 AM
Varsity

Fleeced is on a distinguished road
I think UC has taken some major steps back when it comes to the intellectual arena. New players are guaranteed to lower the teams GPA!
Old 05-18-17, 09:45 AM
All Ohio

ammtd34 is on a distinguished road
I don't care one iota about UC, but a quick google search showed a 3.729 team GPA.
Old 05-18-17, 09:53 AM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleeced View Post
I think UC has taken some major steps back when it comes to the intellectual arena. New players are guaranteed to lower the teams GPA!
How in the world would you know that?

The National Soccer Coaches Association of America (NSCAA) announced its annual College Team Academic Award Winners on October 6 with the University of Cincinnati women’s program earning a spot on the list for the second year in a row. With their selection, the 2015-16 squad earned the ninth all-time honor in program history. And the Team GPA was better this Academic year.
Old 05-18-17, 10:45 AM
All American

PantherDad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleeced View Post
I think someone is butthurt because UC had no interest in his Little Mia after she left the Land of Blue!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: