Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-10-17, 01:31 PM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
I wouldn't be surprised if McKean won himself an Emmy for his performance last episode.
Old 05-10-17, 01:39 PM
All World

irish_buffalo is on a distinguished road
And for a traditional comedic actor.
Old 05-10-17, 01:41 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
By the way, how good is Michael McKean as Chuck? From Lenny to David St. Hubbins to Charles McGill, Esq., that guy's had quite a career.
Don't forget Gordon Seedling the INS agent from Coneheads. Lol
Old 05-10-17, 07:51 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if McKean won himself an Emmy for his performance last episode.
Great performance, but not as good as when Mike spoke about "killing" his son. That's on the all-time list.

Good call on the Coneheads Irish.
Old 05-16-17, 01:39 PM
All Yappi

EHS 2001 is on a distinguished road
I did not think we'd see Lydia (or the laundry facility) in Better Call Saul, but it makes sense. I was happy to see the Gus/Mike/Salamancas story line return after being absent last week. For some reason their half of show interests me more than Chuck and Jimmy.
Old 05-16-17, 05:49 PM
All World

Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
Don't forget Gordon Seedling the INS agent from Coneheads. Lol
He was also on SNL for 1 season in the mid 90s
Old 05-16-17, 07:01 PM
All World

Sykotyk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EHS 2001 View Post
I did not think we'd see Lydia (or the laundry facility) in Better Call Saul, but it makes sense. I was happy to see the Gus/Mike/Salamancas story line return after being absent last week. For some reason their half of show interests me more than Chuck and Jimmy.
Honestly, the Jimmy McGill story just runs on too long. But, that's given the fact this is Better Call Saul rather than "Breaking Bad: Before Walt". But, seeing how it all comes together is interesting. I, too, didn't expect the laundry, or at least this early. And Lydia as well was a shock. I wasn't thinking her position with the company would include "Realtor".
Old 05-16-17, 07:20 PM
All World

afwpatfire is on a distinguished road
Another quality episode last night. We see where Saul came about now, can't wait to see what happens with Chuck and Kim.
Old 05-16-17, 09:23 PM
All Yappi

EHS 2001 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykotyk View Post
And Lydia as well was a shock. I wasn't thinking her position with the company would include "Realtor".
According to this fan wiki (http://breakingbad.wikia.com/wiki/Lydia_Rodarte-Quayle) Lydia is "Head of Logistics" for Madrigal during the time of Breaking Bad. It's possible that in 2003 (which is when this week's episode is to have taken place) she was a lower level logistics manager responsible for Los Pollos Hermanos' shipping operations. Perhaps she caught wind of what Gus was doing--or Gus brought Lydia into his trust--and she will use her position at Madrigal to buy the laundry.
Old 05-17-17, 12:29 AM
All World

Sykotyk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EHS 2001 View Post
According to this fan wiki (http://breakingbad.wikia.com/wiki/Lydia_Rodarte-Quayle) Lydia is "Head of Logistics" for Madrigal during the time of Breaking Bad. It's possible that in 2003 (which is when this week's episode is to have taken place) she was a lower level logistics manager responsible for Los Pollos Hermanos' shipping operations. Perhaps she caught wind of what Gus was doing--or Gus brought Lydia into his trust--and she will use her position at Madrigal to buy the laundry.
Well, that makes some sense. But, if she does know he's 'up to something', why, and how? And is Gus letting her linger because she has blackmail? Or he needs her? At the time, he's not exporting. And importing is done on his own trucks (which would not be the little box trucks making cross-border several hundred mile trips, either, but that's a minor quibble). It could be THIS is how they get hooked up to do business and this is just the first contact.

But, other than selling him the property/leasing the property, what exactly is going to get them to cross paths into the drug trade? We know Madrigal makes the commercial-grade air purifier, so it is possible that he places the order and being she's based in the southwest, her terminal or facility comes into contact with that freight shipment, and realizes it's going to a laundry and investigates, sticks her foot in the door to 'help out' with what he needs.

Just another thing for BSC to work on explaining.

As for how Saul Goodman starts, this was pretty entertaining. My guess he gets so popular AS Goodman he changes his name legally before his suspension is up, and just goes to Saul Goodman, Esq as a cover for some of the seedier things he's been doing during his year off (thanks to Mike among others), AND we still need to know what happens to Kim.

Marriage was hinted at in BB, so it would make sense this would be the leadup during his suspension.
Old 05-17-17, 06:07 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
He was also on SNL for 1 season in the mid 90s
But wrote for the show longer as well as many comedy movies.
Old 05-17-17, 06:21 AM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
It must take Gus a few years to build the meth lab and get all the equipment together. It does seem early for that to show up.

I think it just confirmed that Lydia was in on the whole operation from the start. She supplies Gus the chemicals and likely all the lab stuff as well. IIRC, Hank links everything together through Madrigal.
Old 05-17-17, 05:45 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
S'all Good Man! LMAO. Aaaaaaaaah Jimmy...
Old 05-18-17, 06:51 AM
All World

Loose strings coming together. Great episode, not as great as last weeks but entertaining nonetheless.

I'm VERY curious to see where the Nacho/Hector dynamic takes us. Nacho is an interesting character, and is one of the bad guys you root for because they show him having a conscious. Him sewing into his hand and keeping that pill? A turncoat to Gus? Gus HAS to be the one that poisons Hector in some fashion so he can torment him while he sits in a nursing home right? Is the pill Nacho hid with his foot too obvious?

One thing we know for sure is we never see Nacho, Kim, and Chuck in BB so getting to that point wand understanding why will be interesting.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: