Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #181  
Old 04-30-17, 08:23 PM
yellowandblue yellowandblue is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 06-17-07
Location: Canton
Posts: 1,111
yellowandblue is on a distinguished road
Funny Hairston been at McKinley 2 years went to the elite 8 with merged seniors from both schools had a rebuilding year last year and all the talk of a bad job he has done.
Reply With Quote
  #182  
Old 05-03-17, 12:53 PM
BigBulldog's Avatar
BigBulldog BigBulldog is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-26-02
Posts: 7,234
BigBulldog is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowandblue View Post
Funny Hairston been at McKinley 2 years went to the elite 8 with merged seniors from both schools had a rebuilding year last year and all the talk of a bad job he has done.
Reply With Quote
  #183  
Old 05-03-17, 01:07 PM
BulldogBob BulldogBob is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-08-11
Location: Benson Stadium
Posts: 2,227
BulldogBob is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowandblue View Post
Funny Hairston been at McKinley 2 years went to the elite 8 with merged seniors from both schools had a rebuilding year last year and all the talk of a bad job he has done.
And he lost the Regional final because he can't think on his feet in the third quarter. Teams make HT adjustments for McKinley and Hairston has no answer because he never played the sport himself and doesn't make real time adjustments of his own in the moment. How many games has he lost in the third after leading at the half?

This year's "rebuilding job" team was labeled a "State Contender" by Hairston pre-season and promptly lost 10 games. He's a really nice guy, but so is my uncle.
Reply With Quote
  #184  
Old 05-03-17, 01:10 PM
Hayden Fox Hayden Fox is online now
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-25-13
Location: With Dauber and Luther
Posts: 962
Hayden Fox is an unknown quantity at this point
Let's be honest. This year's team had no impact player outside Straughter and when teams figured that out and doubled him and made others on the team beat them, McKinley struggled.

That's not to say some of these young players can't develop into something special.

McKinley was also hurt by the early enrollment of Dominique Robinson.
Reply With Quote
  #185  
Old 05-03-17, 01:23 PM
BulldogBob BulldogBob is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-08-11
Location: Benson Stadium
Posts: 2,227
BulldogBob is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
Let's be honest. This year's team had no impact player outside Straughter and when teams figured that out and doubled him and made others on the team beat them, McKinley struggled.

That's not to say some of these young players can't develop into something special.

McKinley was also hurt by the early enrollment of Dominique Robinson.
Robinson's departure was far from unknown to Hairston when he predicted state contention. IMO Ohio's winningest program deserves a head coach who at least actually played the sport himself.
Reply With Quote
  #186  
Old 05-03-17, 01:49 PM
yellowandblue yellowandblue is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 06-17-07
Location: Canton
Posts: 1,111
yellowandblue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulldogBob View Post
And he lost the Regional final because he can't think on his feet in the third quarter. Teams make HT adjustments for McKinley and Hairston has no answer because he never played the sport himself and doesn't make real time adjustments of his own in the moment. How many games has he lost in the third after leading at the half?

This year's "rebuilding job" team was labeled a "State Contender" by Hairston pre-season and promptly lost 10 games. He's a really nice guy, but so is my uncle.
You seem like a nice guy, but your not a coach either pal. I thought in regional finals game the best player Toles left game in foul trouble Mck was down 2 with 3 min left and with him out lead went to 16. Start of fourth enters Toles lead down to 2 in 4 min see a pattern here Bob. Maybe u should of took your non basketball self down to tell him what to do.
Reply With Quote
  #187  
Old 05-03-17, 01:56 PM
yellowandblue yellowandblue is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 06-17-07
Location: Canton
Posts: 1,111
yellowandblue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulldogBob View Post
Robinson's departure was far from unknown to Hairston when he predicted state contention. IMO Ohio's winningest program deserves a head coach who at least actually played the sport himself.
lets get the facts straight here throw all that winningest program crap somewhere that means nothing at all these days. Lets be real BEFORE Hairston came over when was the last winning season? I will wait! He has been there two years two winning seasons and a district title and regional final appeareance if u don't like him just say that be a man! Hell Dave Hoover first two season's were state titles right? Last year team 1 starter was back and maybe two or 3 guys with experience from merger team. News flash every coach thinks he can win and should think that way or stop coaching enjoy your day billy bob.
Reply With Quote
  #188  
Old 05-04-17, 02:15 PM
Hayden Fox Hayden Fox is online now
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-25-13
Location: With Dauber and Luther
Posts: 962
Hayden Fox is an unknown quantity at this point
You know what the rest of us are rooting for you to get rid of Hairston because he's done a good job beating the teams consistently in the league. Hopefully they will again do a brilliant job of going out natinowide and search for a coach and end up with a Malone a Noft or a Bowden. Go McKinley!
Reply With Quote
  #189  
Old 05-15-17, 05:02 PM
BulldogBob BulldogBob is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-08-11
Location: Benson Stadium
Posts: 2,227
BulldogBob is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowandblue View Post
lets get the facts straight here throw all that winningest program crap somewhere that means nothing at all these days. Lets be real BEFORE Hairston came over when was the last winning season? I will wait! He has been there two years two winning seasons and a district title and regional final appeareance if u don't like him just say that be a man! Hell Dave Hoover first two season's were state titles right? Last year team 1 starter was back and maybe two or 3 guys with experience from merger team. News flash every coach thinks he can win and should think that way or stop coaching enjoy your day billy bob.
The "winningest crap" is a tradition Timken people like you don't seem to understand or appreciate. Hairston's Timken coudn't win an argument before McKinley players transferred in. CCS were to blame for keeping Malone as coach which resulted in traditional McKinley kids transferring to Timken. That's why McKinley had some lean years since Johnny Davis left and started the migration away from CFoach Malone.. McKinley, unlike Timken, wasn't playing in a division 4 farm league, either, and still beat Timken in the district final last time they played.

Again, you won't tell us what Hairston's record @ Timken BEFORE Johnny Davis and co. transferred in from McKinley and made Timken good. This guy is a street ball coach. We need someone like the old Dayton Dunbar/ Roth coach who understood how to use athleticism to it's best advantage. He won state titles, something Hairston can't do. Hairston lost to Perry this year. Didn't Perry win a couple of other games during the season?
Reply With Quote
  #190  
Old 05-15-17, 05:08 PM
BulldogBob BulldogBob is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-08-11
Location: Benson Stadium
Posts: 2,227
BulldogBob is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
You know what the rest of us are rooting for you to get rid of Hairston because he's done a good job beating the teams consistently in the league. Hopefully they will again do a brilliant job of going out natinowide and search for a coach and end up with a Malone a Noft or a Bowden. Go McKinley!
Nobody cares what "the rest of us are rooting for". Hairston stinks and has beaten Jackson as many times as not, and a good McKinley coach will be your worst nightmare. Btw you aren't very clever, either. Reverse psychology is a bridge too far for you.
Reply With Quote
  #191  
Old 05-16-17, 12:43 PM
Football 101 Football 101 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-20-10
Posts: 773
Football 101 is on a distinguished road
Tradition at any school should be respected and honored - come on fellas don't start slaughtering the efforts of others - the players that came before built that honor and it should be respected - not every school can say they have won as much.....

on a different note - McKinley could have had Mike Krzyzewski and they wouldn't have done any better v Lima Sr two years ago. It was a great game and McKinley made some nice runs in that game to keep it close

but any honest basketball fan could see Lima Sr. was more athletic acrossed the board and had a deeper roster to go to. Lima Sr. used the press when Toles was off the floor to control the game.

Several of Lima Sr's players are now enjoying a full ride at various colleges. I wouldn't blame any coach for losing to that Lima team - so to chastise the coach for that lose is ridiculous. Now other games hey maybe it was on him - I wasn't at those games to be able to speak on it, but the lima game, well the better team did win sad to say would have loved to see McK make a deeper run - but hey let's not scoff at the great team Lima had.

Keep it real - Keep it classy
Reply With Quote
  #192  
Old 05-17-17, 05:39 PM
BulldogBob BulldogBob is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-08-11
Location: Benson Stadium
Posts: 2,227
BulldogBob is an unknown quantity at this point
McKinley needed to come out in their own full-court press in the third. I told the old ref sitting next to me that as good as Lima"s players were, they didn't look organised bringing the ball up court, and that McKinley should unleash it's own good press to rattle them @ the beginning of the third third. When Hairston finally used iut in the fourth quarter, we nearly came back from a double-digit deficit to get within 2, but the typical third quarter brainfart that is Hairston's trademark couldn't see what I did. It's a disturbing pattern.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2017 Canton McKinley Football Season IUDOGS Football 171 05-27-17 11:28 PM
2015 - 2016 Canton McKinley Boys Basketball Stats IUDOGS Boys Basketball 146 11-06-16 07:40 PM
Canton McKinley vs. Warren Harding 2017, 2018 season opener DaveDawg Football 62 07-06-16 05:59 PM
Alonzo Gaffney going to Canton McKinley BigBulldog Boys Basketball 190 05-23-16 02:37 PM
Canton McKinley vs. GlenOak (Sat., Oct. 10) DaveDawg Football 143 10-11-15 05:04 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:39 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz