Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-10-17, 08:32 AM
Greenandwhite98 Greenandwhite98 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 04-28-13
Posts: 34
Greenandwhite98 is on a distinguished road
Wayne...

Now that the long rumored move of Travis Sr. over to the girls program is somewhat official/public (https://twitter.com/hoop4u/status/862246290977165313)

Who will be the next (temporary until he wants to move back?) coach at Wayne?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 05-10-17, 09:23 PM
nwwarrior09 nwwarrior09 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-11-09
Location: Springfield/Dayton
Posts: 6,098
nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Interestingly, this comes on the same day that Blue announced he is going to be graduating early and not playing basketball next year.

Wayne's going to be pretty young/inexperienced unless there are some move-ins, which probably isn't going to happen without Travis Sr. on the sidelines IMO.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-11-17, 05:50 AM
catscatscats catscatscats is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-08-06
Location: 2010 gwoc co-champs
Posts: 7,242
catscatscats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
Interestingly, this comes on the same day that Blue announced he is going to be graduating early and not playing basketball next year.

Wayne's going to be pretty young/inexperienced unless there are some move-ins, which probably isn't going to happen without Travis Sr. on the sidelines IMO.
Wayne won't have the impact player but they still return a few kids who played a lot last year. Parker and Quisenberry the seniors. Ronnie Hampton, Rashad Mckee(if he doesnt just stick to football), Chris Scott and has a 6'6 8th grader who will most likely be 8th grader
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-11-17, 07:15 AM
Perk Diggler Perk Diggler is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 01-30-14
Posts: 288
Perk Diggler is on a distinguished road
Parker
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-11-17, 09:52 AM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 7,437
winbypin is on a distinguished road
So how soon until the female transfers start coming?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-11-17, 10:28 AM
ptplayer ptplayer is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 12-23-07
Posts: 229
ptplayer is on a distinguished road
They already have had a great number of transfers the last two years.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-11-17, 10:58 AM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 7,437
winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptplayer View Post
They already have had a great number of transfers the last two years.
Well that's good so he isn't starting from scratch.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-11-17, 12:56 PM
Perk Diggler Perk Diggler is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 01-30-14
Posts: 288
Perk Diggler is on a distinguished road
lol... and has 7 or 8 legit D1 girls on the roster already.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-11-17, 01:27 PM
coachablekid coachablekid is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 04-27-12
Posts: 406
coachablekid is on a distinguished road
Is this really true and why?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-11-17, 09:48 PM
dreamz7 dreamz7 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-12-13
Posts: 251
dreamz7 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachablekid View Post
Is this really true and why?
yes, He want to coach is daughter,they will make a State run...

Last edited by dreamz7; 05-11-17 at 10:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-12-17, 07:05 AM
Dr. Pepper Dr. Pepper is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 02-12-06
Location: South Dayton Suburb
Posts: 254
Dr. Pepper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenandwhite98 View Post
Now that the long rumored move of Travis Sr. over to the girls program is somewhat official/public (https://twitter.com/hoop4u/status/862246290977165313)

Who will be the next (temporary until he wants to move back?) coach at Wayne?
I hear Mark Baker will soon be available. It would be perfect. Baker will only stay for a few years, allowing Trice to coach his daughter and then take the boys team back when Baker leaves.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-12-17, 08:47 AM
ammtd34 ammtd34 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-13-05
Location: Springfield
Posts: 1,055
ammtd34 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by catscatscats View Post
Wayne won't have the impact player but they still return a few kids who played a lot last year. Parker and Quisenberry the seniors. Ronnie Hampton, Rashad Mckee(if he doesnt just stick to football), Chris Scott and has a 6'6 8th grader who will most likely be 8th grader
I wonder if Parker and Quisenberry would coach together this year. They've done it before.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-26-17, 11:58 AM
Greenandwhite98 Greenandwhite98 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 04-28-13
Posts: 34
Greenandwhite98 is on a distinguished road
Pete Pullen leaving Dunbar for Wayne?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-20-17, 06:29 PM
nwwarrior09 nwwarrior09 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-11-09
Location: Springfield/Dayton
Posts: 6,098
nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Bump.

There's some buzz on social media that Wayne has hired Kevin Kuwik, the recently former Dayton assistant men's basketball coach.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-20-17, 07:23 PM
dreamz7 dreamz7 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-12-13
Posts: 251
dreamz7 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
Bump.

There's some buzz on social media that Wayne has hired Kevin Kuwik, the recently former Dayton assistant men's basketball coach.
If so great hire
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-20-17, 08:30 PM
zevon6542 zevon6542 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 04-20-12
Posts: 192
zevon6542 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
Bump.

There's some buzz on social media that Wayne has hired Kevin Kuwik, the recently former Dayton assistant men's basketball coach.
Makes sense. Got to hire a coach that knows how to recruit.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-20-17, 10:42 PM
TheGreatElk TheGreatElk is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 11-17-15
Posts: 81
TheGreatElk is on a distinguished road
Probably a great hire, but remember Archie didn't take him for a reason. A very good and genuine person who has to have had a lot going for him in order to get to the D1 college level at both Ohio State and UD. Still somewhat unproven as a Head Coach.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-21-17, 12:38 AM
Kballer Kballer is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-03-12
Posts: 1,490
Kballer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamz7 View Post
yes, He want to coach is daughter,they will make a State run...
Heard the girls team got beat at team camp (with their stars present) by a D3 school. Was Trice coaching them at camp?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-21-17, 06:17 AM
catscatscats catscatscats is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-08-06
Location: 2010 gwoc co-champs
Posts: 7,242
catscatscats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kballer View Post
Heard the girls team got beat at team camp (with their stars present) by a D3 school. Was Trice coaching them at camp?
Lol its a team camp. I seen a school win more games in 1 day at a team camp then they did an entire season
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-22-17, 10:04 PM
Looseball Looseball is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 06-16-14
Posts: 345
Looseball is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatElk View Post
Probably a great hire, but remember Archie didn't take him for a reason. A very good and genuine person who has to have had a lot going for him in order to get to the D1 college level at both Ohio State and UD. Still somewhat unproven as a Head Coach.

Definitely unproven. Most college assistants have never coached a game in their careers. Also, I think he'll jump at the first chance to return to college. Who wouldn't based on pay alone.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 06-23-17, 05:07 PM
nwwarrior09 nwwarrior09 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-11-09
Location: Springfield/Dayton
Posts: 6,098
nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
I'm guessing Wayne expects him to return to college pretty quickly, and they are probably fine with it. Trice's daughter will be a junior, and I'm guessing he's not going to be overly interested in the girls' program once she and the glut of talent graduates over the next two years. Kuwik is the definition of a placeholder, which is just what they needed.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-27-17, 12:35 PM
Perk Diggler Perk Diggler is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 01-30-14
Posts: 288
Perk Diggler is on a distinguished road
Agreed.

Yup I said the same thing!!! He on the first college job smoking in 2 years tops.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-27-17, 07:35 PM
Kballer Kballer is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-03-12
Posts: 1,490
Kballer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by catscatscats View Post
Lol its a team camp. I seen a school win more games in 1 day at a team camp then they did an entire season
I asked a simple question - was he already coaching? You decided to interpret it as a slam of some sort. The D3 team was Summit i hear and considering they were undefeated last season and very talented.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2017 Division I Schedules EagleFan Football 67 10-25-17 11:29 AM
2017 Division VII Schedules EagleFan Football 25 10-25-17 11:29 AM
2017 Open Weeks EagleFan Football 88 06-06-17 07:25 AM
Pick Central vs. Detroit Cass Tech eastisbest Football 79 05-31-17 05:13 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:32 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz