Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-06-12, 01:50 PM
Varsity

Bucknut 2 is on a distinguished road
AAU Programs in Cincinnati-Dayton Area

Looking at all the area AAU programs. Please add to this list I have below.

Dayton Metro
Cincinnati Royals
Cincinnati Knights
Shinning Stars
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-12, 01:57 PM
All District

FUN-DA-MENTALS is on a distinguished road
Ohio Crossover Athletics
Old 02-06-12, 02:09 PM
All American

Past My Prime is on a distinguished road
Dayton Nets
Queen City Profits
Cincy Lakers
Club Ohio
All-Ohio Purple
Old 02-06-12, 03:57 PM
Varsity

Norman Dale is on a distinguished road
Salvation Army
Showtime
Dayton Vipers
No Limit
Old 02-06-12, 04:18 PM
All Ohio

ilikefootball10 is on a distinguished road
Kingdom Crusaders
Wolves (c4sports)
Cincy buckeyes
Old 02-09-12, 11:51 AM
Varsity

coachted is on a distinguished road
The Spirit Warriors boys teams 6th -11th grade
Old 02-09-12, 12:54 PM
All Region

greatest1 is on a distinguished road
Does anyone have phone numbers for the teams listed above? Looking for a team for HS kids that will teach the kids fundamentals not just run up and down the floor pressing and running with no discipline on offense or defense. What teams would you all recommend?
Old 02-09-12, 01:00 PM
Varsity

Aau

If you're any where near Kings Island area Mason Loveland etc... call Ted Creamer 513-274-3875 for boys 6th grade -11th grade
Old 02-09-12, 07:51 PM
Varsity

coachbg is on a distinguished road
Team Queen City, www.qcba.net
Old 02-09-12, 08:46 PM
All Ohio

creek44 is on a distinguished road
Dayton Nets: http://www.daytonnets.com/id10.html

The practice is probably coach-dependent for each year group, but overall I think it's a great program. Watch for the tryouts and decide for yourself.
Old 02-09-12, 09:29 PM
All Region

Easthawks14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cincy Lakers. Their teams either win the State Championship or runner-up in every age group they play in. The coaches focus on fundamentals and skills first. If you can't play defense then you can't play.

They will practice twice a week in Mason. You show for practice then you will get your chance.
Old 02-10-12, 12:07 AM
All Ohio

elks78 is on a distinguished road
Add Club Ohio and Cincy Royals. Google each for their web sites. Club Ohio is having tryouts this weekend. Both of these org. are non-profit with multiple teams in each age group. You don't say the skill level or age so its hard to judge which teams are the best fit. If you are looking for college visability and have the skills then the major travel teams are what you are shooting for. Otherwise Queen city(mentioned above) the royals or Club Ohio are good places to start. If your son is good enough trust me some one will come inquiring. Last all these groups are having tryouts in the next 2 weekends, 3 at the most so don't wait long.
Old 02-10-12, 04:46 PM
Freshman

RSWells30 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easthawks14 View Post
Cincy Lakers. Their teams either win the State Championship or runner-up in every age group they play in. The coaches focus on fundamentals and skills first. If you can't play defense then you can't play.

They will practice twice a week in Mason. You show for practice then you will get your chance.
Coach Ricardo with the Lakers is the best you will find. Any time you can get your kid to work with him is well worth it.
Old 02-11-12, 02:55 AM
Freshman

EliteTalent937 is on a distinguished road
Where is the All-Ohio Purple based out of? how many of the teams above(besides the nets) are based within the city of dayton?
Old 02-11-12, 03:17 PM
Junior Varsity

BigBlue23 is on a distinguished road
Does the Oak Hills coach still have any teams??
Old 02-11-12, 06:50 PM
All Ohio

elks78 is on a distinguished road
I think that All Ohio Purple practices at Taft HS in Cincinnati. They are very good and play an extensive travel schedule. I can't help you with dayton area teams but you might look into the Kingdom center and their tryout teams. They are based In Monroe I think.
Old 02-11-12, 09:01 PM
All Ohio

CoreyAlbertson513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by elks78 View Post
I think that All Ohio Purple practices at Taft HS in Cincinnati. They are very good and play an extensive travel schedule. I can't help you with dayton area teams but you might look into the Kingdom center and their tryout teams. They are based In Monroe I think.
Some of the AOP teams practice at Taft rest usually go at the College Hill rec center.
Old 02-17-12, 03:20 PM
Varsity

Norman Dale is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatest1 View Post
Does anyone have phone numbers for the teams listed above? Looking for a team for HS kids that will teach the kids fundamentals not just run up and down the floor pressing and running with no discipline on offense or defense. What teams would you all recommend?
I think its completely dependent on the coach but in the Dayton area I would look at Dayton Metro. Their tryout schedule should be posted on their web site soon.
Old 03-24-14, 04:08 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknut 2 View Post
Looking at all the area AAU programs. Please add to this list I have below.

Dayton Metro
Cincinnati Royals
Cincinnati Knights
Shinning Stars
Spirit Warriors
Old 03-24-14, 06:07 PM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
Ohio swarm

If any is approached by someone named will pruett or the Ohio swarm, run and hide. Guy is a thief. Plain and simple. Just a word to the wise.
Old 03-25-14, 12:09 AM
All Region

Sgt Friday is on a distinguished road
My nephew just finished playing 6th grade AAU hoops. What a culture shock for me.....a bunch of 11-12 yr old kids playing 55-60 games a year, not including 2-3 two hour practices every week. Sorry but that's a ridiculous amount of time for kids to be playing/practicing. Let's see Wichita St just went 35-0 and they are full grown adults. Sorry AAU lovers but it's totally nuts. And I'm willing to bet. 98% of the kids in these leagues are DII or DIII at best. These kids are playing as many as 4-5 games a weekend with a ten man roster. When do the kids get to be.......kids? Sure as hell isn't from Nov thru late Feb. Nothing wrong with living the game , practicing the game, and competing against top notch competition. But isn't playing 50-60 games a year a bit much? They played TWICE as many games as a DI college team, in two diffrent leagues, and 2-3 tournaments a month. Sorry but that's just overkill. His father is thrilled he will be playing 7th grade ball next year. He will play maybe 18-20 games, practice maybe 1.5 hr after school, and NO SUNDAY games or practices. Not saying AAU ball should be banished just saying it's not for every kid....or parent.
Old 03-25-14, 07:38 AM
All Ohio

chlnewbie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachted View Post
Spirit Warriors
Thanks Coachted for drudging up a Thread that has been dead for almost TWO YEARS! Those who need to know are aware of your rec ball team the Spirit Warriors. The Mods need to close this thread!
Old 03-25-14, 08:14 AM
All Yappi

catscatscats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Friday View Post
My nephew just finished playing 6th grade AAU hoops. What a culture shock for me.....a bunch of 11-12 yr old kids playing 55-60 games a year, not including 2-3 two hour practices every week. Sorry but that's a ridiculous amount of time for kids to be playing/practicing. Let's see Wichita St just went 35-0 and they are full grown adults. Sorry AAU lovers but it's totally nuts. And I'm willing to bet. 98% of the kids in these leagues are DII or DIII at best. These kids are playing as many as 4-5 games a weekend with a ten man roster. When do the kids get to be.......kids? Sure as hell isn't from Nov thru late Feb. Nothing wrong with living the game , practicing the game, and competing against top notch competition. But isn't playing 50-60 games a year a bit much? They played TWICE as many games as a DI college team, in two diffrent leagues, and 2-3 tournaments a month. Sorry but that's just overkill. His father is thrilled he will be playing 7th grade ball next year. He will play maybe 18-20 games, practice maybe 1.5 hr after school, and NO SUNDAY games or practices. Not saying AAU ball should be banished just saying it's not for every kid....or parent.
It's not for every kid I agree but if you want a shot a D1 offer you better play. A lot of the elite teams won't start anytime soon and remember reading an article from Sullinger where his team didn't practice at all
Old 05-01-17, 04:03 PM
Freshman

earrowood@icloud.com is on a distinguished road
All-Ohio Phenom Dayton region

Starting spring and summer of 2018 the All Ohio phenom Dayton region will have tryouts for elite basketball players second grade and up we are currently looking for experienced coaches who would be interested in coaching for the all Ohio Nike phenom Dayton region that will start next year (2018) log into Facebook to find out more info on the All Ohio Phenom Nike Dayton region -the athletic coordinator is Eric Arrowood
Old 05-01-17, 04:28 PM
All District

hvs1717 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue23 View Post
Does the Oak Hills coach still have any teams??
Coach Price coaches with Shining Stars. He does a tremendous job. They play defense, they move the ball. It isn't an all star team of high D1 talent but they are decently talented and play good basketball.
Old 05-22-17, 01:57 AM
Freshman

Havenwood is on a distinguished road
Ohio Knockout
Dayton Nets
Dayton Metro

CIncy Lakers
Ohio Ballstars
Club Ohio
Shining Stars
Cincy Royals
Old 05-22-17, 05:46 AM
Varsity

SWOHD3Hoops is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by earrowood@icloud.com View Post
Starting spring and summer of 2018 the All Ohio phenom Dayton region will have tryouts for elite basketball players second grade and up we are currently looking for experienced coaches who would be interested in coaching for the all Ohio Nike phenom Dayton region that will start next year (2018) log into Facebook to find out more info on the All Ohio Phenom Nike Dayton region -the athletic coordinator is Eric Arrowood
So All-Ohio is going to have two sponsored teams (you and Blue) in the Dayton area? Or is All-Ohio Blue going away? Also, why is All-Ohio diluting the brand by sponsoring teams everywhere.....I've seen All-Ohio - Red/Blue/Purple/Case/Wolves/plain All-Ohio.......and quite frankly most of the All-Ohio teams south of Columbus aren't good enough to be all-ohio and some are terrible
Old 05-22-17, 06:07 AM
All Yappi

catscatscats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOHD3Hoops View Post
So All-Ohio is going to have two sponsored teams (you and Blue) in the Dayton area? Or is All-Ohio Blue going away? Also, why is All-Ohio diluting the brand by sponsoring teams everywhere.....I've seen All-Ohio - Red/Blue/Purple/Case/Wolves/plain All-Ohio.......and quite frankly most of the All-Ohio teams south of Columbus aren't good enough to be all-ohio and some are terrible
A lot of those teams aren't actually even affiliated with all ohio they just order nike uniforms out if a catalogue and call themself All Ohio something
Old 05-22-17, 08:54 AM
Varsity

SWOHD3Hoops is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by catscatscats View Post
A lot of those teams aren't actually even affiliated with all ohio they just order nike uniforms out if a catalogue and call themself All Ohio something
So does Watson's "All-Ohio" make money off those not officially affiliated? Used to be when a kid played for All-Ohio you knew he was top level, not so much anymore
Old 05-22-17, 03:19 PM
All Region

Perk Diggler is on a distinguished road
Not exactly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOHD3Hoops View Post
All Ohio Blue is not sponsored by Nike bud. Nor are any of those other factions popping up. Jerry is making money off those teams but not a ton. Those teams get more than he is getting. They get discounted jerseys and apparel. They also get discounted entries in All Ohio tournaments. Definitely watering down the brand!