Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-29-17, 03:02 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
Over/Under for Number of Wins for Each NBA Team

Eastern Conference

Atlantic

Boston Celtics 56.5
Toronto Raptors 48.5
Philadelphia 76ers 42.5
New York Knicks 30.5
Brooklyn Nets 28.5

Central

Cleveland Cavaliers 53.5
Milwaukee Bucks 47.5
Detroit Pistons 38.5
Indiana Pacers 31.5
Chicago Bulls 21.5

Southeast

Washington Wizards 47.5
Miami Heat 43.5
Charlotte Hornets 42.5
Orlando Magic 33.5
Atlanta Hawks 25.5

Western Conference

Northwest

Oklahoma City Thunder 51.5
Minnesota Timberwolves 48.5
Denver Nuggets 45.5
Portland Trail Blazers 42.5
Utah Jazz 40.5

Pacific

Golden State Warriors 67.5
Los Angeles Clippers 43.5
Los Angeles Lakers 33.5
Sacramento Kings 28.5
Phoenix Suns 28.5

Southwest

Houston Rockets 55.5
San Antonio Spurs 54.5
New Orleans Pelicans 39.5
Memphis Grizzlies 37.5
Dallas Mavericks 35.5
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-17, 01:21 PM
All Region

SLAGuy is on a distinguished road
I don't see a bargain in there anywhere. The Cavs should be better than 53.5 but sitting players and limiting minutes might get them below that figure.

Warriors will go for the record but if it becomes unlikely, they may do the sitting of stars too.
Old 08-30-17, 03:10 PM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Warriors already have the record, why would they need to go for it again? They'll be content to win 65-68 games, take the #1 seed and see if anyone can beat them in a 7-game series.
Old 08-30-17, 03:21 PM
All Region

SLAGuy is on a distinguished road
They didn't win the league that year. They should want to have the record and be the best team in the NBA in the same year.
Old 08-31-17, 10:51 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAGuy View Post
They didn't win the league that year. They should want to have the record and be the best team in the NBA in the same year.
They were definitely the best team in the NBA that year, 73 wins to 9 losses. They just didn't with the Championship. But again I ask, why would they go for the record that they already own? They're all about Championships now.
Old 08-31-17, 12:05 PM
All Yappi

Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Boston Celtics 56.5 -- UNDER

Philadelphia 76ers 42.5 -- UNDER

Detroit Pistons 38.5 -- OVER

Miami Heat 43.5 -- OVER

Atlanta Hawks 25.5 -- OVER

Minnesota Timberwolves 48.5 -- UNDER

Phoenix Suns 28.5 -- OVER

The others I wouldn't really touch, though I could see the Pelicans or Grizzlies winning more than that
Old 09-02-17, 10:58 AM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Under on the Celtics, 76ers and Hawks. Atlanta easily has the worst roster in the NBA heading into the season IMO, and the only team that could rival it is if the Bulls buyout Wade early. I can dig the over on Miami.
Old 09-27-17, 12:34 PM
All American

14Red is on a distinguished road
I'd be thrilled if the Sixers won north of 42 games. Health will be the big key for that franchise, especially Joel Embiid. Will we see another time when NBA stars play 82 games a season?
Old 09-27-17, 02:08 PM
All American

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
I'd be thrilled if the Sixers won north of 42 games. Health will be the big key for that franchise, especially Joel Embiid. Will we see another time when NBA stars play 82 games a season?
LOL

Jordan, Bird, Magic, Hakeem, Kobe, Kareem, Barkely and Wilt combined for a total of 130 seasons. Combined they played 29 seasons of 82 games. There was never a time when NBA stars played 82 games. Another fact you could have researched in 2 minutes but didn't.
Old 09-28-17, 08:13 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
LOL

Jordan, Bird, Magic, Hakeem, Kobe, Kareem, Barkely and Wilt combined for a total of 130 seasons. Combined they played 29 seasons of 82 games. There was never a time when NBA stars played 82 games. Another fact you could have researched in 2 minutes but didn't.
Ok Taco, maybe not 82, but how about 70 games, I'd at least like to start seeing full time pro basketball players. I don't recall the names you mentioned above taking nights off like the stars do today. Then again, it was more about winning each day and presenting a competent product. Too much today, the focus is winning championships and holding back your stars for fear of injury...and many get injured anyway.
Old 09-28-17, 08:41 AM
All American

Quote:
Ok Taco, maybe not 82, but how about 70 games, I'd at least like to start seeing full time pro basketball players. I don't recall the names you mentioned above taking nights off like the stars do today. Then again, it was more about winning each day and presenting a competent product. Too much today, the focus is winning championships and holding back your stars for fear of injury...and many get injured anyway.
Not counting playoffs:
Russell Westbrook played 81 games last year.
Karl Anthony Towns played 82 games last year.
Anthony Davis played 75 games last year.
LeBron James played 74 games last year.
DeMarr Derozen played 74 games last year.
Andrew Wiggins played 82 games last year.
Isaiah Thomas played 76 games last year.
Steph Curry played 79 games last year.
James Harden played 82 games last year.
Kyrie Irving played 72 games last year.
Damian Lillard played 75 games last year.
Giannis Antetokounmpo played 80 games last year.
DeMarcus Cousins played 72 games last year.
John Wall played 78 games last year.
Kawhi Leonard played 74 games last year.
Jimm Butler played 76 games last year.

In fact the only player in the top 20 in scoring last year that didn't play 72+ games: Kevin Durant who has chronic foot injuries.

Excluding seasons they didn't play at least half the regular season games, the following is the average number of games played per season. And by golly, it looks awfully similar to what last year's players played:
MJ - 79.7
Wilt - 73.8
Bird - 74.3
Magic - 76.1
Hakeem - 68.8
Kobe - 72.5
Kareem - 78
Barkley - 70.2
Old 09-28-17, 01:23 PM
All American

Quote:
Not counting playoffs:
Russell Westbrook played 81 games last year.
Karl Anthony Towns played 82 games last year.
Anthony Davis played 75 games last year.
LeBron James played 74 games last year.
DeMarr Derozen played 74 games last year.
Andrew Wiggins played 82 games last year.
Isaiah Thomas played 76 games last year.
Steph Curry played 79 games last year.
James Harden played 82 games last year.
Kyrie Irving played 72 games last year.
Damian Lillard played 75 games last year.
Giannis Antetokounmpo played 80 games last year.
DeMarcus Cousins played 72 games last year.
John Wall played 78 games last year.
Kawhi Leonard played 74 games last year.
Jimm Butler played 76 games last year.

In fact the only player in the top 20 in scoring last year that didn't play 72+ games: Kevin Durant who has chronic foot injuries.

Excluding seasons they didn't play at least half the regular season games, the following is the average number of games played per season. And by golly, it looks awfully similar to what last year's players played:
MJ - 79.7
Wilt - 73.8
Bird - 74.3
Magic - 76.1
Hakeem - 68.8
Kobe - 72.5
Kareem - 78
Barkley - 70.2
Thanks for the info!
Old 09-28-17, 01:32 PM
All American

How many NBA stars didn't play 70 games last year, 14Red? Do you ever get tired of not knowing anything?
Old 09-28-17, 01:38 PM
All American

Quote:
How many NBA stars didn't play 70 games last year, 14Red? Do you ever get tired of not knowing anything?
Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons...
Old 09-28-17, 01:43 PM
All American

Quote:
Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons...
Neither of those guys are stars. Try again.
Old 09-30-17, 09:07 AM
All Ohio

CoventryTrackXCguy is on a distinguished road
Kevin Love didnt play 70 games last year.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Old 10-06-17, 05:26 AM
All Yappi

Levi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Levi
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoventryTrackXCguy View Post

Yeah because of his knee injury.
Old 10-06-17, 05:56 AM
All Yappi

Levi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Levi
Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
They were definitely the best team in the NBA that year, 73 wins to 9 losses. They just didn't with the Championship. But again I ask, why would they go for the record that they already own? They're all about Championships now.
Maybe in the regular season. When it came to the playoffs not so much. They sleepwalked past a terrible Houston team in the first round despite losing one. Portland was super competitive. OKC had GS beat let up and honestly they didn't want it a bad as Cleveland did (I feel though the same way with the previous round that GS wanted that series moreso than OKC). I think Golden State's problem was they focused so much energy on the 73 wins and positioned that ahead of winning the Title because they probably thought they were just going to be handed the Title.
Old 10-06-17, 06:38 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoventryTrackXCguy View Post

I wouldn't consider Kevin Love a star. Great player? Yes. Star? No.
Old 10-06-17, 11:14 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
Maybe in the regular season. When it came to the playoffs not so much. They sleepwalked past a terrible Houston team in the first round despite losing one. Portland was super competitive. OKC had GS beat let up and honestly they didn't want it a bad as Cleveland did (I feel though the same way with the previous round that GS wanted that series moreso than OKC). I think Golden State's problem was they focused so much energy on the 73 wins and positioned that ahead of winning the Title because they probably thought they were just going to be handed the Title.
So they were the best team for 9 months, and weren't for one week in June. My point was exactly what you said on the back end, chasing 73 took a lot out of them. They have 73 as the record, now they're all about the rings. They should be able to win 65, get the #1 seed in the West and go from there.
Old 10-08-17, 09:02 AM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Cavs go 68 and 14 in the regular season. Zip throughout the playoffs and beat GS in 7
Old 10-18-17, 02:30 PM
All American

So does the Celtics over/ under take a hit?
Old 10-19-17, 08:31 AM
All American

I don't know if the Sixers can reach the over / under of 42.5, but boy I really like what I saw last night vs. Washington. Too much John Wall and some awful turnovers in the last minute led to a loss against a very good Wizards team. If the Wizards can shore up the bench a little, they can be a contender.

As for Philly, wow does Ben Simmons look good! Last night was his first NBA game, and he just looks like he's been in the league for years.
Old 10-19-17, 08:34 AM
All American

While on the NBA, I'm really shocked and disappointed the NBA has not done anything with Gregg Popovich?

His vocal criticism of the President is way out of line. And I respect Pop as a basketball coach, but how does the NBA and the Spurs allow an employee to take that kind of stance with no repercussion??? Jamelle Hill got suspended by ESPN for anti-trump tweets, I don't know how this is any different. I'd say Pop's may even be worse, he personally attacked the President.
I've said all along, I don't care if you like Trump or not, but that office deserves a minimum level of respect.
Old 10-19-17, 08:45 AM
All American

Quote:
I don't know if the Sixers can reach the over / under of 42.5, but boy I really like what I saw last night vs. Washington. Too much John Wall and some awful turnovers in the last minute led to a loss against a very good Wizards team. If the Wizards can shore up the bench a little, they can be a contender.

As for Philly, wow does Ben Simmons look good! Last night was his first NBA game, and he just looks like he's been in the league for years.
Really enjoyed watching the 6ers last night, Red. Simmons and Embiid both looked fantastic. I hope they remove the minutes restriction from Embiid soon. If Embiid can stay healthy (big if) and if they remove the minutes restriction soon, I think they'll just barely eclipse 42.5. Thinking 43-45. I have no idea what the hell Fultz is thinking with that free throw shot. He looked like Shaq at the charity stripe, he needs to get it fixed. He did show some flashes, and also got his stuff swatted by Wall at least twice. I didn't pay too much attention to his defense but offensively, I can't wait for him and Simmons to share the floor more.
Old 10-19-17, 10:02 AM
All American

Quote:
Really enjoyed watching the 6ers last night, Red. Simmons and Embiid both looked fantastic. I hope they remove the minutes restriction from Embiid soon. If Embiid can stay healthy (big if) and if they remove the minutes restriction soon, I think they'll just barely eclipse 42.5. Thinking 43-45. I have no idea what the hell Fultz is thinking with that free throw shot. He looked like Shaq at the charity stripe, he needs to get it fixed. He did show some flashes, and also got his stuff swatted by Wall at least twice. I didn't pay too much attention to his defense but offensively, I can't wait for him and Simmons to share the floor more.
If Embiid has a minutes restriction, it must be a soft one because he blew way past 15-20 minutes (27 minutes). I just hope they don't start the skipping games with him. You could almost tell last night, when he's in, we look less cohesive. Probably due to less practice time with the regulars.
Fultz will get his FT's figured out, he's actually a guy who many shoot alot of FT's, he's very active and likes to drive.
Simmons has an interesting game, he never too a jump shot last night, yet he was very effective.
I hate to complain about calls already but the one block from behind by Wall on Fultz was a clear foul. I don't know why in the NBA, players are allowed to go through their man to block a ball?? Yes, he blocked the ball up top but he knocked Fultz to the ground to get there. He does that from the front, it's a foul but for some reason from the back it doesn't matter?

I hope we continue to shoot 3's like that, but we rely on it an awful lot. Covington was out of his mind last night. Really like the Redick pickup, he's going to fit in nicely with us.
You wonder since Okafor didn't play last night, they'll platoon the two during the season, swapping games for the first month or so. Also, a little disappointed Saric didn't play more. He was a good part of the team last season.
Old 10-19-17, 10:42 AM
All American

I think it's fairly obvious he has a minutes restriction based on the fact he only played 27. I don't think they'll stick to anything hard, like capping him at 20, but I'm sure we'll see more of the 20-30 minute games for the first few weeks at least.
Fultz's free throws just don't make sense. He wasn't great at the stripe in college and his form wasn't great either but it was much more fluid than what we saw last night. That was a MAJOR hitch. I get him wanting to change his form, he only shot 65% in college, I just don't understand why he wants to change his form to something that is even worse.
Yeah, Simmons was never much of a shooter. If he can develop even a solid midrange game, I think he'll have the ability to become a top 5 player. What I want to see from him first to is get more comfortable with his left hand. There was a fast break where he had a lay up but it looked really uncomfortable/forced because he switched to his right hand and went right instead of following his path to the left. He made it, but still.
I'm really curious to see what happens with Jah.
Old 10-19-17, 01:01 PM
All American

Quote:
I think it's fairly obvious he has a minutes restriction based on the fact he only played 27. I don't think they'll stick to anything hard, like capping him at 20, but I'm sure we'll see more of the 20-30 minute games for the first few weeks at least.
Fultz's free throws just don't make sense. He wasn't great at the stripe in college and his form wasn't great either but it was much more fluid than what we saw last night. That was a MAJOR hitch. I get him wanting to change his form, he only shot 65% in college, I just don't understand why he wants to change his form to something that is even worse.
Yeah, Simmons was never much of a shooter. If he can develop even a solid midrange game, I think he'll have the ability to become a top 5 player. What I want to see from him first to is get more comfortable with his left hand. There was a fast break where he had a lay up but it looked really uncomfortable/forced because he switched to his right hand and went right instead of following his path to the left. He made it, but still.
I'm really curious to see what happens with Jah.
Unfortunately, Jah is in a position in the NBA which is going away. He can certainly score around the hoop, but you just wonder about his motor and desire.
I think Fultz will figure it out, he's only 19 years old and has a lifetime of hoops ahead of him. As gifted as Embiid is, Gortat had a nice game against us last night.
Old 10-20-17, 08:23 AM
All Yappi

Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Pop for president
Old 10-20-17, 11:43 AM
All American

Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Thought I read somewhere where they were trying to change Fultz's shot mechanics. Honestly I have never been a big fan of changing mechanics at this point in someone's career. I can see slight changes but major overhauls seem to not work out that often. I know from my experience in tennis I never believed in major changes to your mechanics after you hit a certain point like 17 or 18. My opinion was you are what you are and it only seems to affect your game negatively when you have new muscle memory. Seems like more of a distraction. Just my two cents.