Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-28-17, 09:51 PM
All World

tom 48 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
Or Chicago or Miami or Boston or any big market. I think the NY thing is overblown. I don't think the media is desperate for something they've never had: a contender in NY. The Knicks (because come on, no one has mentioned the Nets when they talk about LeBron to NYC) have had 2 years where they made the finals since the early 70s.
The media is desperate for a winner in NYC, since all of the headquarters are there. They want the good old days when the Knicks were on national television every weekend. More than any other place, they believe New York is entitled to a champion.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-17, 04:45 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
http://fox8.com/2017/09/25/lebron-ja...avent-changed/
Old 10-01-17, 07:56 AM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Quote:
Awhole lot of people approved of James’s tweet: It got 1.5 million likes and was retweeted more than 650,000 times, which smashed his previous Twitter marks. But, as should be expected in today’s disharmonious political climate, there also was some blowback. Cavs owner Dan Gilbert saw and heard it firsthand.

“I received voice mails after LeBron tweeted that were some of the most vile, disgusting, racist [messages],” Gilbert said Friday on CNBC’s “Squawk Box.” “There’s an element of racism that I didn’t even realize existed in this country this much.

“The thing is, I mean, some of the most disgusting things I’ve ever heard people say,” Gilbert continued. “And you could hear it in their voice — the racism. It wasn’t even really about the issue, and that’s what really got me, because they went to who they really are, some of them.”
Hardly shocking.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.0348abc959f8
Old 10-01-17, 09:52 AM
All Yappi

cjb56 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yeah, I'm sure there was plenty of blowback from his ill-advised tweet, same as Trump gets from his ill-advised tweets, but I also believe it's in Gilbert's best interest to show solidarity with his meal ticket, LeBron...so I'm not quite going to take Dan at his word. He might just be stretching the truth a bit on the volume and tone of the calls. He didn't make billions by being a dumbazz. He is wise to try to get on LeBron's good side.
Old 10-01-17, 10:09 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb56 View Post
Yeah, I'm sure there was plenty of blowback from his ill-advised tweet, same as Trump gets from his ill-advised tweets, but I also believe it's in Gilbert's best interest to show solidarity with his meal ticket, LeBron...so I'm not quite going to take Dan at his word. He might just be stretching the truth a bit on the volume and tone of the calls. He didn't make billions by being a dumbazz. He is wise to try to get on LeBron's good side.
So Gilbertís making it up? That would be hilarious. If only he had to, but we all know there is no shortage of vitriol and racial hate in this country.
Old 10-01-17, 10:22 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
So Gilbertís making it up? That would be hilarious. If only he had to, but we all know there is no shortage of vitriol and racial hate in this country.
Let's just say that I believe it's in his best interest to do anything to appeal to LeBron in his free agent season. I'm thinking some truth to it, but with a healthy dose of embellishment.

There is no shortage of vitriol and racial hate among almost all race groupings in this nation, but a lot of the frontline race issues today are petty and ridiculous compared to the seriously consequential race issues of generations past.
Old 10-01-17, 10:38 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Let's just say that I believe it's in his best interest to do anything to appeal to LeBron in his free agent season. I'm thinking some truth to it, but with a healthy dose of embellishment.

There is no shortage of vitriol and racial hate among almost all race groupings in this nation, but a lot of the frontline race issues today are petty and ridiculous compared to the seriously consequential race issues of generations past.
Haha, okay. I guess if you mean itís not socially acceptable to enslave, hang, or segregate then sure, I guess.
Old 10-01-17, 10:50 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Haha, okay. I guess if you mean itís not socially acceptable to enslave, hang, or segregate then sure, I guess.
Those were serious consequences of racism that we have overcome. The race issues of today pale in comparison to those things.
Old 10-01-17, 11:06 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Those were serious consequences of racism that we have overcome. The race issues of today pale in comparison to those things.
So they should shut up and be happy those things no longer happen on the regular, right?
Old 10-01-17, 11:11 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
So they should shut up and be happy those things no longer happen on the regular, right?
Everyone should be very happy those things no longer happen.

As for today's issues...and this applies to all of us...the solutions most often come from within. Clean up your own yard and help make the world a better place.
Old 10-01-17, 01:11 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Everyone should be very happy those things no longer happen.

As for today's issues...and this applies to all of us...the solutions most often come from within. Clean up your own yard and help make the world a better place.
That sounds nice.
Old 10-01-17, 09:11 PM
All American

Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
Anyone who doubts Gilbert's claim has never spent a minute in the comments section of twitter/youtube/etc.
Old 10-03-17, 10:53 AM
All World

Raymo is on a distinguished road
And the new man starting in the middle,Love it...maybe double figures from the center finally...BAM!