Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #31  
Old 03-23-17, 07:55 AM
Hoosier Parent Hoosier Parent is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 04-27-16
Posts: 127
Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
Curious, in general, what level schools do CUP girls end up going to compared to OE girls?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #32  
Old 03-23-17, 08:10 AM
coachg coachg is online now
All World
 
Join Date: 05-29-07
Location: Masonish
Posts: 4,123
coachg is on a distinguished road
Here is the Cincinnati United List for you to review: http://www.cincinnatiunitedsoccer.co...ge-commitments

College Commitments
Class of 2017

Brooklyn Adair Wilmington
Erin Babcock Akron
Cam Belle Xavier University
Abby Brauning University of Cincinnati
Rachel Burgess Indiana University East
Emi Carlo University of Cincinnati
Alex Chittum Findlay University
Kiersten Clukey Campbellsville
Mitchell Colvin Ohio Northern
Kristin Dean Centre College
Devin Duhme Lander University
Shelby Elder Walsh University
Gabbie Fleming Anderson Univeristy
Tom Gallagher Cornell College
Joe Grimes Air Force Academy
Erica Hafer Walsh University
Jack Harper Hobart and William Smith Colleges
Ethan Hay Wright State
Jayde Hoffmann Capital
Nick Howell Walsh University
Kailey Ivins NKU
Mandi Kinsey Malone
Brooke Lindenschmidt Malone
Nate Logan Xavier University
Ian McInturf Kenyon College
Emily Moreno UC Clermont
Sierra Moss Florida International
Casey Murphy Mt. St. Joe
Brooke Radcliffe Tusculum College
Morgan Ramby Auburn
Kaitlyn Rhodes Hanover
Matt Scheper Capital University
Kateri Schoettinger Radford University
Grace Schuppe Memphis
Wil Shepherd Newberry College
Erik Sigman Drake University
Maddie Smitth DePauw
Adam Sweeney University of Southern Indiana
Nicole Visse Indiana University East
Emma VonLehman NKU
Grace Wilson Florida International


Class of 2018

Megan Bine Cleveland State
Adrianna Brewer University of Toledo
Cierra Crosby Cleveland State
Desiree Grubbs Miami University (OH)
Lexy Kidd University of Dayton
Kiana Klein University of Louisville
Madison Lindsay University of Cincinnati
Maeve Maloney University of Louisville
Chloe Masys Miami University (OH)
Annie Metzger University of Cincinnati
Taylor Nuncio University of Louisville
Olivia Popovich Xavier University
Saylor Jewell University of North Alabama
Mimi Stines University of Dayton
Ana Sulentic St. Joseph's
Laurin Uptegrove Winthrop

Class of 2019

Kennidy Belle Iowa State
Brittan Duncan Ohio State
Paige Elliott University of Minnesota
Eva Kiper Morehead State
Megan Oduyoye University of Missouri
Anna Podojil University of Arkansas
Jordyn Rhodes Indiana University
Olivia Scheper Xavier University
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 03-23-17, 08:13 AM
coachg coachg is online now
All World
 
Join Date: 05-29-07
Location: Masonish
Posts: 4,123
coachg is on a distinguished road
The two most recent years from OE that are posted:

Class of 2015
Reid Abney | Cincinnnati State
Andrew Bricker | Findlay Univ.
Ian Chick | Alleghany (Sewanee)
Tanner Korfhagen | Virginia Wesleyan
Christian Kallenberger | Northern Kentucky Univ (Malone)
Aaron Ledermeier | Cincinnati State
Ryan Melink | Univ. of Cincinnnati
Jake Mutlu | Univ. of Cincinnati (Cincinnati State)
Zane Ross | Cincinnati State
Austin Smythe | Univ. of Cincinnati (Radford Univ.)
Dominic Stephens | Baldwin Wallace
Henry Stutz | Holy Cross







Class of 2016
Jack Berner | Thomas More College
Luke Fickenworth | Ohio Northern
Connor Hawkins | Wooster College
Andrew McEwen | Capital Univ
Adam Romick | Taylor Univ
Mark Smith | Gordon College
Ethan Statzer | Mt Vernon Nazerene
Jai Williams | Univ of Cincinnati
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 03-23-17, 08:14 AM
coachg coachg is online now
All World
 
Join Date: 05-29-07
Location: Masonish
Posts: 4,123
coachg is on a distinguished road
Any more questions or does this answer them all and put the question to bed?
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 03-23-17, 09:07 AM
2731 2731 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 10-10-16
Posts: 75
2731 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachg View Post
Any more questions or does this answer them all and put the question to bed?
To be fair... you don't have any Girls data for OE. And OE boys aren't exactly a regional powerhouse.

I still think CUP compares just fine... but the hole in the data can't be ignored.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 03-23-17, 10:41 AM
Hoosier Parent Hoosier Parent is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 04-27-16
Posts: 127
Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
Here is the list for OE's 2017's. I'd argue that what it lacks in quantity, it make in quality.

College Commitments
Abby McNamara (2017) - Wake Forest
Mikayla "Shey" Hampton (2017) - Northwestern University
Claire Fisher (2017) - University of Tennessee
Maddy Kim (2016) - Middle Tennessee State University
Olivia Brown (2017) - University of Dayton
Rachel Ernst (2017) - Kent State University
Talia Brown (2017) - Bowling Green State University
Paige Knorr (2017) - Ohio University
Katie Shaffer (2017) - Eastern Kentucky University
Grace Poncsak (2017) - Ohio State University
Courtney Jones (2017) - Clemson University
Lauren Parker (2018) - Miami (OH) University
Abigail Mathews (2017) - Ohio Northern University
Riley Shelton (2017) - Savannah College of Art & Design
Ellie Vandergriff (2017) - Bellarmine University
Khyla Porter (2018) - Villanova University
Casey Jervier (2017) - University of Chicago
Sydney Leshnak (2017) - Ohio Northern University
Jenna Prathapa (2017) - Cleveland State University
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 03-23-17, 10:46 AM
coachg coachg is online now
All World
 
Join Date: 05-29-07
Location: Masonish
Posts: 4,123
coachg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Parent View Post
Here is the list for OE's 2017's. I'd argue that what it lacks in quantity, it make in quality.

College Commitments
Abby McNamara (2017) - Wake Forest
Mikayla "Shey" Hampton (2017) - Northwestern University
Claire Fisher (2017) - University of Tennessee
Maddy Kim (2016) - Middle Tennessee State University
Olivia Brown (2017) - University of Dayton
Rachel Ernst (2017) - Kent State University
Talia Brown (2017) - Bowling Green State University
Paige Knorr (2017) - Ohio University
Katie Shaffer (2017) - Eastern Kentucky University
Grace Poncsak (2017) - Ohio State University
Courtney Jones (2017) - Clemson University
Lauren Parker (2018) - Miami (OH) University
Abigail Mathews (2017) - Ohio Northern University
Riley Shelton (2017) - Savannah College of Art & Design
Ellie Vandergriff (2017) - Bellarmine University
Khyla Porter (2018) - Villanova University
Casey Jervier (2017) - University of Chicago
Sydney Leshnak (2017) - Ohio Northern University
Jenna Prathapa (2017) - Cleveland State University
So what do you mean by your statement of - " I'd argue that what it lacks in quantity, it make in quality."?
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 03-23-17, 10:47 AM
coachg coachg is online now
All World
 
Join Date: 05-29-07
Location: Masonish
Posts: 4,123
coachg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2731 View Post
To be fair... you don't have any Girls data for OE. And OE boys aren't exactly a regional powerhouse.

I still think CUP compares just fine... but the hole in the data can't be ignored.
Thats because OE either hasnt posted it or I cant find it on their website.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 03-23-17, 11:45 AM
Hoosier Parent Hoosier Parent is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 04-27-16
Posts: 127
Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
In that huge list of players you posted, the majority are D2 and D3.
I didn't see any power 5 conferences, unless the Big East counts (2 going to Xavier). Just perusing the list I see about 10 D1's on the whole list.

The short OE 2017 list has 5 girls going to 'Power 5" schools, 6 if Big East counts, and 13 D1's

Info is easy to find if you look on the OE site:
http://www.ohioelite.com/girlsteams/...tml?1490286916

In fairness, I think CUP's 18's and 19's have a more visually impressive recruiting accolades than their 17's.

I don't actually mean to disparage CUP. Their record is pretty incredible and I don't see any other club having that broad level of success in the National League. I have no doubt they would hold their own in the ECNL.

I asked about the recuiting because I happened to notice on TopDrawer that the listed CUP commits didn't seem as high as the Ohio ECNL clubs.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 03-23-17, 12:39 PM
Conan73 Conan73 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-10-16
Posts: 97
Conan73 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Parent View Post
In that huge list of players you posted, the majority are D2 and D3.
I didn't see any power 5 conferences, unless the Big East counts (2 going to Xavier). Just perusing the list I see about 10 D1's on the whole list.

The short OE 2017 list has 5 girls going to 'Power 5" schools, 6 if Big East counts, and 13 D1's

Info is easy to find if you look on the OE site:
http://www.ohioelite.com/girlsteams/...tml?1490286916

In fairness, I think CUP's 18's and 19's have a more visually impressive recruiting accolades than their 17's.

I don't actually mean to disparage CUP. Their record is pretty incredible and I don't see any other club having that broad level of success in the National League. I have no doubt they would hold their own in the ECNL.

I asked about the recuiting because I happened to notice on TopDrawer that the listed CUP commits didn't seem as high as the Ohio ECNL clubs.
To me, the message is that if a player is good enough to play for OE's ECNL team or a CUP Gold team, they are good enough to play D1, D2, or D3 college soccer. After everything is said and done, that's what's most important. Those players will have achieved something that 91% of all high school girls playing soccer were not able to achieve. They have the chance to continuing playing the beautiful game at a competitive level for 4 more years.

Also, when you look at the list from both schools, one should be careful about drawing the conclusion that these two clubs were solely responsible for developing the girls on their respective lists. I know of multiple players that on those lists that moved to those clubs after they committed to their respective colleges, or were already having conversations with said college before changing clubs.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 03-23-17, 08:11 PM
Hoosier Parent Hoosier Parent is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 04-27-16
Posts: 127
Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
Jefferson Cup U16 top bracket this weekend is pretty much ECNL vs National League.
https://events.gotsport.com/events/r...r=Girls&Age=16
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team Needed This Friday - 1 Point WestGwrestling Wrestling 0 01-24-17 11:17 AM
Memorial Day Weekend Classic - Cedar Point farnpt7 Baseball 0 12-07-16 08:55 PM
Sports Force Parks at Cedar Point Sports Center farnpt7 Baseball 3 07-01-16 03:40 PM
Sports Force Parks at Cedar Point Sports Center farnpt7 Lacrosse 0 06-29-16 08:36 AM
Sports Force Parks at Cedar Point Sports Center farnpt7 Boys Soccer 0 06-29-16 08:34 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:00 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz