Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Major League Baseball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-06-18, 12:28 PM
All Yappi

Arrogate will become famous soon enough
He is getting paid #3 money though
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-18, 12:54 PM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Not sure about anyone else, but I’m crossing my fingers the reds can sign billy on the cheap. That would be awesome cause it would solidify the #9 hitter position in the line-up.
Old 11-06-18, 04:46 PM
All World

14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Not sure about anyone else, but Iím crossing my fingers the reds can sign billy on the cheap. That would be awesome cause it would solidify the #9 hitter position in the line-up.
Not sure how the years of service deal works, but Billy may not be able to be signed on the cheap. Many major leaguers price themselves out of jobs as they get older. At this point, with the way our organization is set up, Billy is the perfect 9 hole hitter and centerfielder.
Old 11-06-18, 05:55 PM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Heís easily a top 10 9 spot hitter in the NL. Worth every penny we bought have to pay him.
Old 11-06-18, 08:47 PM
All World

Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
Not sure how the years of service deal works, but Billy may not be able to be signed on the cheap. Many major leaguers price themselves out of jobs as they get older. At this point, with the way our organization is set up, Billy is the perfect 9 hole hitter and centerfielder.
Service time only matters when going to arbitration. Players can agree to any contract they want before or after arbitration.
Old 11-07-18, 08:00 AM
All Yappi

Best defensive centerfielder cant even get a gold glove...or get on base.
Old 11-07-18, 09:17 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
Or steal bases. Iím going to sell ďMake Billy Steal AgainĒ hats this year. MBSA!
Old 11-07-18, 10:58 AM
All World

Gh0st is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It's hilarious to be that you just used the phrase "perfect 9 hole hitter".
Old 11-07-18, 11:25 AM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Cant steal first base.
Old 11-07-18, 11:38 AM
All Ohio

wolves82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
At this point, with the way our organization is set up, Billy is the perfect 9 hole hitter and centerfielder.
No, you lunatic, the perfect 9 hole hitter in the NL is a pitcher who can get guys out. Kershaw or Sherzer is the perfect 9 hole hitter. Because you don't care if they get on base. You need the other 8 guys to hit and get on base.
Old 11-07-18, 11:39 AM
All Ohio

wolves82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
or steal bases. Iím going to sell ďmake billy steal againĒ hats this year. Mbsa!
+1
Old 11-07-18, 12:15 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolves82 View Post
No, you lunatic, the perfect 9 hole hitter in the NL is a pitcher who can get guys out. Kershaw or Sherzer is the perfect 9 hole hitter. Because you don't care if they get on base. You need the other 8 guys to hit and get on base.
And catch the ball and get guys out, which Billy does about better than anyone else other than Ender Incarte...so they say.
Old 11-07-18, 12:47 PM
All Yappi

Or just ignore everything he said.
Old 11-07-18, 12:48 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolves82 View Post
So if I read this right Homer is also the perfect 9 hole hitter bc he and Kershaw are the same
Old 11-07-18, 01:02 PM
All World

Gh0st is on a distinguished road
Quote:
So if I read this right Homer is also the perfect 9 hole hitter bc he and Kershaw are the same
In fact, even better, because Homer is also Batman.
Old 11-07-18, 03:22 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Not sure if the salaries are secrets but on Sportstalk last night the inside was saying the reds are throwing $$ around to the new asst coaches and that is how they were able to lure away first place pitching and hitting
Old 11-07-18, 04:11 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
Not sure if the salaries are secrets but on Sportstalk last night the inside was saying the reds are throwing $$ around to the new asst coaches and that is how they were able to lure away first place pitching and hitting
How else would they attract them?

Does that mean the Reds will go after big time free agents or expect the new coaches to work miracles with mediocre talent?
Old 11-07-18, 07:51 PM
All Yappi

Well i hope there is also some new blood brought in at the minor league level because it is so important for the Reds to be able to develop talent. For a small market team, I would want to spend more here than most other teams. Place an emphasis on developing pitching. If they do that, their last couple drafts have been good on paper (but its just that if we cant develop them). Hopefully it all pans out and they continue to identify talent while investing in developing them with better coaches.

For a small market you have to capitalize on any advantage you can make for yourself. They cant go toe to toe in spending on free agents, resigning players etc with the big dogs. They can go toe to toe in minor league coaching salaries. Invest in player development with an emphasis on pitching
Old 11-07-18, 08:45 PM
All World

Quote:
Well i hope there is also some new blood brought in at the minor league level because it is so important for the Reds to be able to develop talent. For a small market team, I would want to spend more here than most other teams. Place an emphasis on developing pitching. If they do that, their last couple drafts have been good on paper (but its just that if we cant develop them). Hopefully it all pans out and they continue to identify talent while investing in developing them with better coaches.

For a small market you have to capitalize on any advantage you can make for yourself. They cant go toe to toe in spending on free agents, resigning players etc with the big dogs. They can go toe to toe in minor league coaching salaries. Invest in player development with an emphasis on pitching
The Reds brought in a new hire today to coordinate minor league development.

Chris Tremie of the Cleveland Indians.

Last edited by Indiandad; 11-07-18 at 09:12 PM..
Old 11-08-18, 04:18 PM
All World

If the Reds develop one starter every 3-4 years, they are ahead of where they have been. This organization has been terrible in developing starting pitching for a long, long time.
Old 11-09-18, 10:10 AM
All World

Ok folks, I'm swearing off the Billy bandwagon moving forward. Although I don't really see myself as being a big Billy fan, I just appreciate the defensive talents he has, and the speed on the basepaths. He does things on a baseball field that no one else can do, yet many Reds fans always seem to focus on his hitting problems.
Anyway moving forward, every player has a "value" that you can't pay above. And Billy may just not be worth what arbitration could bring him. We'll see what happens the next few months, he is schedule to be at Redsfest so IMO, the club is planning on him being in the fold for 2019. I wouldn't be surprised if the Reds incorporated another 4 man outfield for '19. I don't see a big difference in our current top 5 outfielders.
Old 11-09-18, 10:19 AM
All Yappi

You are his biggest fan.

He also does the most important thing on the baseball field poorly. He is so bad at it, that it far outweighs the few runs that he saves on defense, as wolves has shown you with stats numerous times.

If what he did was so spectacular that "nobody else can do" he would have a gold glove by now.
Old 11-09-18, 11:22 AM
All World

Quote:
You are his biggest fan.

He also does the most important thing on the baseball field poorly. He is so bad at it, that it far outweighs the few runs that he saves on defense, as wolves has shown you with stats numerous times.

If what he did was so spectacular that "nobody else can do" he would have a gold glove by now.
Moving forward Arrogate, we all have our own opinions.
Old 11-09-18, 11:47 AM
All Yappi

Moving forward while trying to make the case again for why you think he is so great?
Old 11-09-18, 01:04 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Ok folks, I'm swearing off the Billy bandwagon moving forward. Although I don't really see myself as being a big Billy fan, I just appreciate the defensive talents he has, and the speed on the basepaths. He does things on a baseball field that no one else can do, yet many Reds fans always seem to focus on his hitting problems.
Anyway moving forward, every player has a "value" that you can't pay above. And Billy may just not be worth what arbitration could bring him. We'll see what happens the next few months, he is schedule to be at Redsfest so IMO, the club is planning on him being in the fold for 2019. I wouldn't be surprised if the Reds incorporated another 4 man outfield for '19. I don't see a big difference in our current top 5 outfielders.
lol
Old 11-09-18, 01:19 PM
All World

Quote:
Moving forward while trying to make the case again for why you think he is so great?
Not at all. I know Billy's transgressions. He never hit or got on base alot in the minors, so I don't know why people are surprised he's not hitting at the major league level.

But, with that said, he still does things that no other major league baseball player can do. I understand it's a "value" thing.
Old 11-09-18, 01:34 PM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
He never hit or got on base alot in the minors, so I don't know why people are surprised he's not hitting at the major league level.
Some people expect employees to improve at their job. Of course, given the fact you haven't received a raise in over 5 years, this is a foreign concept to you.
Old 11-09-18, 02:20 PM
All Yappi

jtk has a little shameless behaviour in the past
i read something where the padres are looking for a 3B and suarez is tops on their list. do the reds deal suarez? should be able to get higher end talent for him?

jtk
()
Old 11-09-18, 02:25 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Not at all. I know Billy's transgressions. He never hit or got on base alot in the minors, so I don't know why people are surprised he's not hitting at the major league level.

But, with that said, he still does things that no other major league baseball player can do. I understand it's a "value" thing.
No one is surprised he canít hit or get on base.
Old 11-09-18, 02:27 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtk View Post
i read something where the padres are looking for a 3B and suarez is tops on their list. do the reds deal suarez? should be able to get higher end talent for him?

jtk
()
What kind of pitching talent do the padres have in the farm?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: