Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-09-18, 12:04 PM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Yeah, the odds are pretty much zero. 6-1 is a reasonable possibility.
Old 10-09-18, 04:36 PM
All Ohio

jeroe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider6309 View Post
D3 has 4 contenders. One being public Trotwood. Desales, Hartley, Alter, and Trotwood
I just don't see Desales as a top 4 in D3, and may not even make playoffs.
Old 10-10-18, 03:32 PM
All Region

CardSharp is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobluetom View Post
congrats on your 2-3 record against d2 LaSalle in the last 5 years.
And our 8-3 record since 2000, where we recorded 3 shut-outs. LaSalle has never....EVER shut out the Cardinals...EVERRRRRR! who you duckin next?
Old 10-10-18, 03:42 PM
All Ohio

jeroe
Quote:
Originally Posted by aged jock View Post
You guys are hilarious. Cried for years about private school "advantages", despite being full scholarship programs versus full pay private schools.

And you still play the poor mouths.

Don't worry, private schools will compete. One out of seven is still greater than 10%. Two or three out of seven will really cause the public school crybabies fits. And that could happen, even though the smaller four divisions have been stripped of most of the better private school teams.
Something doesn't seem right about hiding behind religion to cheat and feeling good about it!
Old 10-10-18, 05:31 PM
All American

aged jock is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeroe View Post
Something doesn't seem right about hiding behind religion to cheat and feeling good about it!
Something doesn't seem right about false accusations.
Old 10-10-18, 06:09 PM
All Ohio

jeroe
Quote:
Something doesn't seem right about false accusations.
Not false in fact it is a very simple concept. Pretending that your competition is remotely playing by the same rules that you circumvent through loop holes and then acting as if they are just crying is one thing. But when religion is used to circumvent such rules and then act as if everything is above board, I say to you WWJD my friend.
Old 10-10-18, 06:21 PM
All Region

coachablekid is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider6309 View Post
D3 has 4 contenders. One being public Trotwood. Desales, Hartley, Alter, and Trotwood
Don't count out Eastmoor Academy out of the Columbus City league. Explosive and hard to score on
Old 10-10-18, 06:48 PM
All Yappi

gobluetom can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardSharp View Post
And our 8-3 record since 2000, where we recorded 3 shut-outs. LaSalle has never....EVER shut out the Cardinals...EVERRRRRR! who you duckin next?
11-13 all time, 3-2 in recent memory. Hardly the Colerain domination you try to show.

LaSalle- 3 state championships (2 of them beating Division I Colerain in the regular season)

Colerain- 1 state championship EVERRRR!!!!
Old 10-10-18, 08:56 PM
All American

CoventryTrackXCguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
11-13 all time, 3-2 in recent memory. Hardly the Colerain domination you try to show.

LaSalle- 3 state championships (2 of them beating Division I Colerain in the regular season)

And odds are Colerain will win 5 state championships before LaSalle wins 1 more.
Old 10-10-18, 09:19 PM
All Region

CardSharp is on a distinguished road
Quote:

So you were the tallest midget 3 times...so what! And that 2016 game...joke. Answer the question. Who you ducking next?
Old 10-10-18, 09:50 PM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Not false in fact it is a very simple concept. Pretending that your competition is remotely playing by the same rules that you circumvent through loop holes and then acting as if they are just crying is one thing. But when religion is used to circumvent such rules and then act as if everything is above board, I say to you WWJD my friend.
Which holes are being looped? And how is religion helping "loop" those "holes?" Can't wait for this explanation. I'm sure it'll be very in depth with specific instances and proof of those specific instances. Then again, I'm willing to bet it'll be more "I heard this from so and so" or "I know a guy who's son's nephew's sister's 1st born is yada yada yada."
Old 10-10-18, 10:13 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardSharp View Post
So you were the tallest midget 3 times...so what! And that 2016 game...joke. Answer the question. Who you ducking next?
The tallest midget that beat your almighty cardinals twice while winning state and, beating division I champs St. X also.

Yeah, we know you never lose because the other team is better, 'we are colerain, we're #1 even if we never win anything, blah blah blah.

Speaking of tallest midget, congrats on winning you millionth GMC championship in a row, at least you have something in recent memory in your trophy case, LOL.
Old 10-10-18, 10:15 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoventryTrackXCguy View Post
And odds are Colerain will win 5 state championships before LaSalle wins 1 more.
They have 1 state championship in their history.

They have been a school since 1924.

1 title in 94 years, based on that math, LaSalle isn't going to win another title for 470 more years
Old 10-10-18, 11:07 PM
All Ohio

jeroe
Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
Which holes are being looped? And how is religion helping "loop" those "holes?" Can't wait for this explanation. I'm sure it'll be very in depth with specific instances and proof of those specific instances. Then again, I'm willing to bet it'll be more "I heard this from so and so" or "I know a guy who's son's nephew's sister's 1st born is yada yada yada."
There is no he said, she said. There is reality. When some on here, not all act as if getting the advantages of choosing in D1 for example any where from 600 to 1000 boys and there are no geographical boundaries in which they choose these boys from. This selection process spans multiple counties.

The competition on the other hand with say 600 to 1000 boys are from a very small geographical area in comparison. They do not get to choose any of them and must take all kids in their area. That is a huge loophole.

Some on here then run around thumping their chest as if they are superior and have accomplished something special. Let's play any game. I get to choose who is on my team. You do not. You get what happens to be around at the time. You get what happens to be in the park at the time, I get to choose from Franklin county. Do you think you are going to win!

What makes this worse is now we are using religion to take advantage of the loop hole. Religion is a higher calling not a calling to act superior and degrading in this manner. Not All do it but many do. I grew up in the Catholic system. I have seen how it works. I have no issues with these programs. They are very strong, well rounded programs in all aspects. But they are not very humble and definitely not willing to admit the playing field is far from equal. That should tell you something. I will again ask you WWJD. Just because technically I am not breaking the rules does not mean I am right in the eyes of the Lord. You might to think about it for a second before you respond!
Old 10-10-18, 11:31 PM
All American

CoventryTrackXCguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
They have 1 state championship in their history.

They have been a school since 1924.

1 title in 94 years, based on that math, LaSalle isn't going to win another title for 470 more years
Well, La Salle has a slight problem in d2...Hoban. Also Winton Woods. Colerain on the other hand has proven itself capable of taking on the d1 gcl south schools. Colerain is also capable of dealing with Iggy/Eds/Mentor, and whatever d1 public that comes out of Columbus area. Not sayin Colerain is necessarily favorited. Just that Colerain has vastly better odds of winning a state championship in any given year nowadays.
Old 10-11-18, 07:44 AM
Varsity

luvhsfb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
There is no he said, she said. There is reality. When some on here, not all act as if getting the advantages of choosing in D1 for example any where from 600 to 1000 boys and there are no geographical boundaries in which they choose these boys from. This selection process spans multiple counties.

The competition on the other hand with say 600 to 1000 boys are from a very small geographical area in comparison. They do not get to choose any of them and must take all kids in their area. That is a huge loophole.

Some on here then run around thumping their chest as if they are superior and have accomplished something special. Let's play any game. I get to choose who is on my team. You do not. You get what happens to be around at the time. You get what happens to be in the park at the time, I get to choose from Franklin county. Do you think you are going to win!

What makes this worse is now we are using religion to take advantage of the loop hole. Religion is a higher calling not a calling to act superior and degrading in this manner. Not All do it but many do. I grew up in the Catholic system. I have seen how it works. I have no issues with these programs. They are very strong, well rounded programs in all aspects. But they are not very humble and definitely not willing to admit the playing field is far from equal. That should tell you something. I will again ask you WWJD. Just because technically I am not breaking the rules does not mean I am right in the eyes of the Lord. You might to think about it for a second before you respond!
As a public school supporter I find it funny that the private advantage has been turned into a moral issue!
Old 10-11-18, 08:51 AM
All Region

Jaws31 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I'm pretty sure Jesus isn't too concerned about districts or feeder schools or equal playing fields or whatever else you talking about here. Although I'm willing to bet he probably would of attended a Private if he had his choice. Just a hunch.
Old 10-11-18, 09:17 AM
All World

tom 48 will become famous soon enough
"Although I'm willing to bet he probably would of attended a Private if he had his choice. Just a hunch."

I think Jesus would have been home-schooled. After all, his dad was pretty bright.
Old 10-11-18, 09:19 AM
Freshman

InsideTheArmor is on a distinguished road
Quote:

While it is right that private schools do have the ability to get kids from outside of their area that public schools do not, it is wrong to say that the school gets to "choose" these kids. People act like it is a draft or something. It is still ultimately up to the kids and their families to decide where they will attend school.

Regardless, will be interested to see what happens with the public to private school win spread at state this year. I believe no one is stopping Hoban, but very possible that public schools may take the other six divisions.
Old 10-11-18, 09:38 AM
All Region

Jaws31 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom 48 View Post
"Although I'm willing to bet he probably would of attended a Private if he had his choice. Just a hunch."

I think Jesus would have been home-schooled. After all, his dad was pretty bright.
You're right, Dad was a little busy though, so homeschooling might of been tough. Either way JC definitely would of played sports at a Private. The allure of being a Champion is too great. King of Kings and all that.
Old 10-11-18, 10:38 AM
All World

tom 48 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws31 View Post
You're right, Dad was a little busy though, so homeschooling might of been tough. Either way JC definitely would of played sports at a Private. The allure of being a Champion is too great. King of Kings and all that.
Don't want to belabor the point, but I doubt that Jesus would have played sports. He was more into theater.
Old 10-11-18, 10:48 AM
All American

sapientia et veritas is on a distinguished road
Quote:
the advantages of choosing in D1 for example any where from 600 to 1000 boys and there are no geographical boundaries in which they choose these boys from.
Choosing is how it would be described from a person looking from the outside.
Old 10-11-18, 11:42 AM
All American

aged jock is on a distinguished road
Quote:

So that's it. Same old, tired nonsense.

The reality is that parents choose where their kids go. Schools don't. So, instead of saying I choose my kids and you can't choose yours, it's more like you play with kids who choose your team and I'll play with kids who choose mine. And here I thought freedom to choose if, when, where and with whom I want to participate was still available in Ohio. I guess if you had your way it wouldn't be. We would just go where we're required to go. Sounds scary, doesn't it, comrade?

Parents choose schools for their kids for all kinds of reasons. Some choose public because it costs little or nothing to them, in addition to the taxes we all pay. Some choose for other reasons, one of which is athletics. Some parents choose private schools, despite having to sacrifice and pay dearly, for a variety of reasons, one of which is athletics.

In either case, the schools and coaches work with the kids that show up. The whole idea of private school "advantage" makes little to no sense to me.

Where you turn all that into a moral issue is way beyond my understanding.
Old 10-11-18, 12:26 PM
Freshman

Quote:
So that's it. Same old, tired nonsense.

The reality is that parents choose where their kids go. Schools don't. So, instead of saying I choose my kids and you can't choose yours, it's more like you play with kids who choose your team and I'll play with kids who choose mine. And here I thought freedom to choose if, when, where and with whom I want to participate was still available in Ohio. I guess if you had your way it wouldn't be. We would just go where we're required to go. Sounds scary, doesn't it, comrade?

Parents choose schools for their kids for all kinds of reasons. Some choose public because it costs little or nothing to them, in addition to the taxes we all pay. Some choose for other reasons, one of which is athletics. Some parents choose private schools, despite having to sacrifice and pay dearly, for a variety of reasons, one of which is athletics.

In either case, the schools and coaches work with the kids that show up. The whole idea of private school "advantage" makes little to no sense to me.

Where you turn all that into a moral issue is way beyond my understanding.
Well said. And not to mention that even for a public school with closed admission restricted to a certain area, if a kid not from the area really wants to go there, they will find a way. Often with an alternate address of some sort, among other things.

But, I don't make or regulate the rules, and I don't know how often that really happens. Overall, I have trouble understanding this supposed advantage as well.
Old 10-11-18, 01:03 PM
All World

Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
Aged Jock , what is your explanation for the Catholics winning the percentage of titles they have despite having so many less schools?
Old 10-11-18, 01:40 PM
Freshman

ColumbusCatholic is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
Aged Jock , what is your explanation for the Catholics winning the percentage of titles they have despite having so many less schools?
Pretty simply family and program culture and the results of winning in the past. Go to school A (whether its public or private) that wins a lot, has a great school system, sends a lot of players to D1 programs, and supports the football program or go to your local school that has little to no past success, a poor school system, rarely sends a player to college let alone D1, and the stands are empty on Fridays. Which would you pick if you had a choice? Case closed.
Old 10-11-18, 01:53 PM
Freshman

Quote:
It wouldn't be possible to have anywhere near the same number of private schools as public schools. They are not government funded and would not be able to afford having a significantly larger number of these schools. Public schools conversely are government funded and therefore are much more sustainable to have in larger numbers. With a lower number of private schools, the archdiocese is able to focus on the quality of education and of the school, which allows for a stronger program all around, including the football team.
Old 10-11-18, 01:54 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
To blow your mind......what is that winning percentage if you then also add in the Public schools from the MAC whom are extremely heavily life long Catholics and many times have more Catholics than those catholic private schools....
Old 10-11-18, 01:55 PM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Isn't it obvious - they just work harder.
Old 10-11-18, 02:02 PM
All District

micketty is on a distinguished road
I cannot figure out why the private school supporters continue to argue and/or try to educate their public school counterparts. They seem to be unable to understand how the majority of parochial schools operate and all must cheat in the recruitment game.