Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 10-08-18, 09:37 AM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 8,514
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JElder View Post
You beat me to it.... I was going to ask at what point do the WW fans start complaining about the officiating. I didn't think it would happen before the game was played though...
Its not a conspiracy that Elder is involved with. Officiating is terrible in every sport on every level. Just the times we live in. It just happens this will break in Elders favor, but shouldnt stop us from winning.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 10-08-18, 09:37 AM
fish82 fish82 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-16-05
Location: Secure
Posts: 12,810
fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
Its been pointed out that Yappi is dying off and Magic is needed but people keep trying to run my off.
It's also been pointed out the number of times you've melted down, "retired" from yappi and then come back.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 10-08-18, 09:39 AM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 8,514
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
It's also been pointed out the number of times you've melted down, "retired" from yappi and then come back.
My point proven.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 10-08-18, 09:52 AM
Southwest Guy Southwest Guy is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-05-02
Posts: 13,598
Southwest Guy is on a distinguished road
Elder needs this game more than WW. Should be interesting to see the game plans and a good competitive game.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 10-08-18, 09:58 AM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 8,514
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwest Guy View Post
Elder needs this game more than WW. Should be interesting to see the game plans and a good competitive game.
Very true. Elder has loss 3 of the past 4 games. As a nuetral observer, who do you think?
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 10-08-18, 10:11 AM
fish82 fish82 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-16-05
Location: Secure
Posts: 12,810
fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
My point proven.
Indeed. The meltdowns were pretty awesome.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 10-08-18, 10:20 AM
zeeman zeeman is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-22-11
Location: in a galaxy far far away
Posts: 6,353
zeeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
Very true and we didnt run Williams enough last week. I think the playcalling is about scoring a TD, when sometimes we need to think move the chains and field position. Im not banging on the coaches because I love them but I wander what they are looking at sometimes. I just chalk it up to they know more than I.
No they donít
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 10-08-18, 10:22 AM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 8,514
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
Indeed. The meltdowns were pretty awesome.
Its been pointed out that Yappi is dying out and Magic is needed, but people keep trying to run me off.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 10-08-18, 10:22 AM
zeeman zeeman is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-22-11
Location: in a galaxy far far away
Posts: 6,353
zeeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over The Hills View Post
With Williams and the pass catchers they have, WW should just be KILLING defenses with the mid range play action pass.

Maybe this week.
Well your QB throws the ball like heís throwing a shot put so thereís that
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 10-08-18, 10:30 AM
fish82 fish82 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-16-05
Location: Secure
Posts: 12,810
fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
Its been pointed out that Yappi is dying out and Magic is needed, but people keep trying to run me off.
Exactly. Your meltdowns are awesome. Everyone loves them.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 10-08-18, 11:16 AM
Pope Francis 1 Pope Francis 1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-30-16
Location: Vatican City
Posts: 2,074
Pope Francis 1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
Let me go ahead and light the fuse on this thread. 3,2,1,... The officiating is going to be a factor. We know this.
1) Score....
Pathetic Panthers - 24
Winton Wood Peckers - 13

2) Officiating....
My brother will be one of the refs, and he loves the GCL (Guaranteed Colerain Loss.... in november) and he also hates the Wood Peckers. So expect to get hosed this weekend.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 10-08-18, 11:19 AM
Pope Francis 1 Pope Francis 1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-30-16
Location: Vatican City
Posts: 2,074
Pope Francis 1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
Its been pointed out that Yappi is dying out and Magic is needed, but people keep trying to run me off.
Dear DumbTragicRon, trashing the Wood Peckers on yappi is boring without you. Keep it coming!

Last edited by Pope Francis 1; 10-08-18 at 05:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 10-08-18, 11:34 AM
scotty99 scotty99 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 05-19-16
Posts: 109
scotty99 is on a distinguished road
Haven't had a chance to watch WW this year. Is Prince still at WR or has he moved to QB?
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 10-08-18, 11:45 AM
wideout4life wideout4life is online now
All District
 
Join Date: 07-14-13
Posts: 227
wideout4life is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty99 View Post
Haven't had a chance to watch WW this year. Is Prince still at WR or has he moved to QB?
Still at WR
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 10-08-18, 12:07 PM
W@rrior 11 W@rrior 11 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 02-14-09
Location: Cincinnati & Charlotte
Posts: 572
W@rrior 11 is on a distinguished road
WW by 16!
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 10-08-18, 01:28 PM
Pope Francis 1 Pope Francis 1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-30-16
Location: Vatican City
Posts: 2,074
Pope Francis 1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by W@rrior 11 View Post
WW by 16!
well played...........
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 10-08-18, 04:18 PM
Over The Hills Over The Hills is online now
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-05-12
Location: FP H Section in the day
Posts: 967
Over The Hills is on a distinguished road
Elder guys what happened in the X game?

Are they that bad or is Elder that good?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 10-08-18, 04:43 PM
PURPLE REIGN PURPLE REIGN is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-17-01
Posts: 5,601
PURPLE REIGN is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over The Hills View Post
Elder guys what happened in the X game?

Are they that bad or is Elder that good?

Neither.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 10-08-18, 06:11 PM
Southwest Guy Southwest Guy is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-05-02
Posts: 13,598
Southwest Guy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
Very true. Elder has loss 3 of the past 4 games. As a nuetral observer, who do you think?
No idea. A lot of Williams right and Williams left to try and keep Elder's offensive possessions down. Difficult venue for a Sophomore QB.
Elder should have the edge in experience. They finally went down field against X but Ramsey's offense is usually short routes and QB runs. Will be really interesting to see what each team does on both sides of the ball. Will it be half time adjustments that win the game ?
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 10-08-18, 06:32 PM
hoser hoser is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 8,516
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwest Guy View Post
No idea. A lot of Williams right and Williams left to try and keep Elder's offensive possessions down. Difficult venue for a Sophomore QB.
Elder should have the edge in experience. They finally went down field against X but Ramsey's offense is usually short routes and QB runs. Will be really interesting to see what each team does on both sides of the ball. Will it be half time adjustments that win the game ?
Uh, if Williams gets 25 carries, game over. Don't understand the Woods coaches, Do what works don't try to be Vince Lombardi. Give the ball to the best back in D2 region 8, by far.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 10-08-18, 06:44 PM
TroyTrojan05 TroyTrojan05 is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-19-11
Posts: 5,138
TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh, if Williams gets 25 carries, game over. Don't understand the Woods coaches, Do what works don't try to be Vince Lombardi. Give the ball to the best back in D2 region 8, by far.
I disagree. Troy has the best rb in region 8
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 10-08-18, 06:47 PM
hoser hoser is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 8,516
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
I disagree. Troy has the best rb in region 8
UH nah not even close.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 10-08-18, 06:50 PM
hoser hoser is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 8,516
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
I disagree. Troy has the best rb in region 8
Uh if Troy had played the Woods ,schedule 3 maybe 4 losses just like every other real D2 public school in this region.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 10-08-18, 06:58 PM
TroyTrojan05 TroyTrojan05 is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-19-11
Posts: 5,138
TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Hoser Iím not going to make this thread into a Troy thing. Itís about WW and Elder. But Iím just telling you. Watch Troyís rb. Heís the best in region 8 and one is the best in the state. He may push for 2,000 yds if he gets enough carries.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 10-08-18, 07:21 PM
Pull-to-Trap Pull-to-Trap is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-31-15
Posts: 559
Pull-to-Trap is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
Hoser Iím not going to make this thread into a Troy thing. Itís about WW and Elder. But Iím just telling you. Watch Troyís rb. Heís the best in region 8 and one is the best in the state. He may push for 2,000 yds if he gets enough carries.


Nope


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 10-08-18, 07:29 PM
TroyTrojan05 TroyTrojan05 is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-19-11
Posts: 5,138
TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
He lit up Trotwood.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 10-08-18, 07:36 PM
adselder09 adselder09 is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-11-07
Posts: 13,886
adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over The Hills View Post
Elder guys what happened in the X game?

Are they that bad or is Elder that good?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Elder isn't as good as the score, X isn't as bad - with that said X was struggling offensively and it showed. Elder had a perfect game plan against X, had several breaks (80-yard TD to open half, 99-yard INT return to the 1, etc.)
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 10-08-18, 07:53 PM
Southwest Guy Southwest Guy is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-05-02
Posts: 13,598
Southwest Guy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
Elder isn't as good as the score, X isn't as bad - with that said X was struggling offensively and it showed. Elder had a perfect game plan against X, had several breaks (80-yard TD to open half, 99-yard INT return to the 1, etc.)
Still put up an impressive 569 yards on a St. X defense. Haven't seen a team do that to X since 2015. Hard to believe Elder was up 17 to 14 early in the 3rd qtr.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 10-08-18, 08:30 PM
adselder09 adselder09 is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-11-07
Posts: 13,886
adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwest Guy View Post
Still put up an impressive 569 yards on a St. X defense. Haven't seen a team do that to X since 2015. Hard to believe Elder was up 17 to 14 early in the 3rd qtr.
Hard to believe they were down 4 at halftime and put up 28 in the 3rd Qtr alone. Still, I don't think anyone wearing purple was at ease until midway through the 4th.

78-yard TD to Luebbe, 70+-yard TD to Trischler and Masminster caught a pass out of the backfield for 65+ yards kind of inflated the total yards.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 10-08-18, 08:37 PM
Southwest Guy Southwest Guy is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-05-02
Posts: 13,598
Southwest Guy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
Hard to believe they were down 4 at halftime and put up 28 in the 3rd Qtr alone. Still, I don't think anyone wearing purple was at ease until midway through the 4th.

78-yard TD to Luebbe, 70+-yard TD to Trischler and Masminster caught a pass out of the backfield for 65+ yards kind of inflated the total yards.
No doubt and the nature of the rivalry makes it that much more tense.
Looking at the stats for all of the Elder games and watching 3 of them the Elder offense has been very effective this year. Some issues in the red zone are the only weakness. Putting up an average of 400 plus against some good programs has been impressive. Heck they were in the lead of St. Ed with 4 minutes left in the game.
Looking forward to the playoffs this year. Still feeling the best chance for WW is to somehow limit the plays by the Elder offense by grinding the clock.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
10/13/17 Elder vs Winton Woods Vincent and Regina High School Football Full Game Videos 0 09-02-18 10:20 PM
2018 Brankman Report The Brankmen Wrestling 12 03-14-18 08:33 PM
Official Thread Elder vs. Winton Woods warriorblue Football 311 11-23-17 07:46 AM
GCL South (X, Elder, Moeller, LaSalle) 2017 Unofficial Thread Pope Francis 1 Football 488 11-11-17 07:54 AM
Week 8 - Elder (4-3) at Winton Woods (7-0) Pantherontheporch Elder Panthers 99 10-17-17 03:35 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:45 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz