Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-07-18, 12:12 PM
All Yappi

warriorblue is on a distinguished road
Winton Woods (5 -1) at Elder (4 -3)

Looking foward to traveling to the Pit. Although the people of Elder won't admit, this game has turned into a small time rivalry! Big wins for Elder vs. Indy Cathedral . Haven't beaten a team with a winning record BUT have played 3 state quality teams ( ST. I'S, St. Ed's, and Moeller) very close! These two teams know each other well. I'm expecting another tight contest, like last years game in OT.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-18, 01:35 PM
All Yappi

A WW win on Friday could go a long way into making it into the playoffs.
Old 10-07-18, 08:52 PM
All Yappi

I believe the Panthers are playing for a home game and a little higher seed for the playoffs.
Old 10-07-18, 09:20 PM
All Region

19NVED
Elder by14
Old 10-08-18, 07:52 AM
All American

Jerry Maguire is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorblue View Post
Looking foward to traveling to the Pit. Although the people of Elder won't admit, this game has turned into a small time rivalry!
I, along with multiple others (I hope), would absolutely admit this. Elder is going to struggle against Miyan Williams so I think this will be a close one. Elder needs to win or they're definitely going to be on the road in the playoffs, of course that's assuming they get in at all.
Old 10-08-18, 08:05 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Maguire View Post
I, along with multiple others (I hope), would absolutely admit this. Elder is going to struggle against Miyan Williams so I think this will be a close one. Elder needs to win or they're definitely going to be on the road in the playoffs, of course that's assuming they get in at all.
Well, I know Elder will be prepared. WW has some things to work on esp on offemse. I beleive we need an intermdiate passing game. ELDER will probably stack the box and bale the corners.
Old 10-08-18, 08:20 AM
All District

Warrior Watcher is on a distinguished road
This game will be another battle.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 10-08-18, 08:31 AM
All Yappi

DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Well, I know Elder will be prepared. WW has some things to work on esp on offemse. I beleive we need an intermdiate passing game. ELDER will probably stack the box and bale the corners.
If Elder stacks the box, our recievers will absolutely murder their secondary over the top. We gotta get better snaps from the center (a legit reason for the bad ones last game). I definitely like the matchup of the WW offense vs the Elder defense.

On defense Winton Woods needs the blitz early and often. Mix up the coverages in the secondary. Be very careful in man coverage turning our backs to the Elder offense because they run their QB like hes Earl Campbell.
Old 10-08-18, 08:38 AM
All District

2020Dad is on a distinguished road
The biggest key to the game is the ability of Winton woods DBs and LBs to stop the short passing game of Elder along with stopping their QB from running. Elders QB can sling it but he will gash you when plays break down especially if you are in man coverage with your back turned. I have seen them play twice and they were on passing gamewise in both games. If Winton woods uses the same pass defense that they used against hoban last year they will be in trouble. With that being said Winton Woods has a stud RB and Elder will have to tackle to stop him(that could be a challenge). This game will be a polar opposite from their last game against Edgewood as far as preparation goes. Winton Woods will most likely not face a team this year that throws the ball as much as or as well as Elder.
Old 10-08-18, 08:39 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
If Elder stacks the box, our recievers will absolutely murder their secondary over the top. We gotta get better snaps from the center (a legit reason for the bad ones last game). I definitely like the matchup of the WW offense vs the Elder defense.

On defense Winton Woods needs the blitz early and often. Mix up the coverages in the secondary. Be very careful in man coverage turning our backs to the Elder offense because they run their QB like hes Earl Campbell.
Don magic Ron we were typing at the same time, I just saw your comment about man coverage and I had the same observation. LOL
Old 10-08-18, 08:44 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020Dad View Post
The biggest key to the game is the ability of Winton woods DBs and LBs to stop the short passing game of Elder along with stopping their QB from running. Elders QB can sling it but he will gash you when plays break down especially if you are in man coverage with your back turned. I have seen them play twice and they were on passing gamewise in both games. If Winton woods uses the same pass defense that they used against hoban last year they will be in trouble. With that being said Winton Woods has a stud RB and Elder will have to tackle to stop him(that could be a challenge). This game will be a polar opposite from their last game against Edgewood as far as preparation goes. Winton Woods will most likely not face a team this year that throws the ball as much as or as well as Elder.
Upper Arlington threw the ball alot, and has a very dynamic QB. Bishop Chatard was forced to throw the ball alot and has a QB that is a Ball St signee. So the Warriors have seen this before. But its all about the Winton Woods coaching staff putting the defense in a position to be successful. My honest opinion is the staff doesnt always help the kids from the sideline. Sometimes too much is asked and expected.
Old 10-08-18, 08:45 AM
All Yappi

Quote:

How many did we complete against Edgwood?. The .middle of the field is wide open. I don't like throwing it up and deep all the time.
Old 10-08-18, 08:50 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
How many did we complete against Edgwood?. The .middle of the field is wide open. I don't like throwing it up and deep all the time.
Very true and we didnt run Williams enough last week. I think the playcalling is about scoring a TD, when sometimes we need to think move the chains and field position. Im not banging on the coaches because I love them but I wander what they are looking at sometimes. I just chalk it up to they know more than I.
Old 10-08-18, 08:53 AM
All Yappi

Elder is very, very concerned about Williams. Williams has Dominique Brown impact that can single handily take over a game. And blocking for him is easy. Our tall athletic recievers are going to be a problem for Elder.
Old 10-08-18, 08:56 AM
All Yappi

Yappi Elder supporters will be hanging on every word I type on Yappi this week
Old 10-08-18, 09:02 AM
All Yappi

Let me go ahead and light the fuse on this thread. 3,2,1,... The officiating is going to be a factor. We know this.
Old 10-08-18, 09:06 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Very true and we didnt run Williams enough last week. I think the playcalling is about scoring a TD, when sometimes we need to think move the chains and field position. Im not banging on the coaches because I love them but I wander what they are looking at sometimes. I just chalk it up to they know more than I.
Yea. We are 5 and 1. We are knick picking a little. Lol. We all want whats best to maje a great season. The coaching staff will get it done.
Old 10-08-18, 09:07 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Let me go ahead and light the fuse on this thread. 3,2,1,... The officiating is going to be a factor. We know this.
Lol. Yea GCL teams ALways get the benefit of a doubt.
Old 10-08-18, 09:11 AM
All American

Over The Hills is on a distinguished road
Quote:
If Winton woods uses the same pass defense that they used against hoban last year they will be in trouble.
AAAAAHHHHH!

Never bring this up again ...PLEASE!

I like the coaches but this is my one sore spot that I will never get over!
Dang it I was almost there.
Old 10-08-18, 09:12 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Yea. We are 5 and 1. We are knick picking a little. Lol. We all want whats best to maje a great season. The coaching staff will get it done.
Exactly Blue. High expectations come with success and we all get a little ridiculous.
Old 10-08-18, 09:14 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over The Hills View Post
AAAAAHHHHH!

We have been playing alot more zone this season.
Old 10-08-18, 09:16 AM
All American

Quote:
I think the playcalling is about scoring a TD, when sometimes we need to think move the chains and field position.
With Williams and the pass catchers they have, WW should just be KILLING defenses with the mid range play action pass.

Maybe this week.
Old 10-08-18, 09:17 AM
All American

Quote:
Yappi Elder supporters will be hanging on every word I type on Yappi this week
EF HUTTON of Yappi whether you agree or not with him.
Old 10-08-18, 09:18 AM
All District

Quote:
AAAAAHHHHH!

LOL My Fault Over the Hills, didn't mean to reopen old wounds.
Old 10-08-18, 09:20 AM
All American

Quote:
Looking foward to traveling to the Pit. Although the people of Elder won't admit, this game has turned into a small time rivalry! Big wins for Elder vs. Indy Cathedral . Haven't beaten a team with a winning record BUT have played 3 state quality teams ( ST. I'S, St. Ed's, and Moeller) very close! These two teams know each other well. I'm expecting another tight contest, like last years game in OT.
The kids think there is a rivalry there from what I hear.

This is always a fun game.
Old 10-08-18, 09:22 AM
All American

Quote:
LOL My Fault Over the Hills, didn't mean to reopen old wounds.
All good.

At the game my young DB son says " Dad, why don't they back off once in a while and mix in some zone?"

Lol.
Old 10-08-18, 09:24 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
With Williams and the pass catchers they have, WW should just be KILLING defenses with the mid range play action pass.

Maybe this week.
We have a Sophomore back up QB. Hes a heck of a player but he is learning on the fly. He has to be coached up. If we send a man in motion and someone runs with him or you see a defender on the motion side step up its man coverage and look to a couple of recievers. If we send a man in motion and theres nothing happening on the defense then its zone.
Old 10-08-18, 09:27 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
EF HUTTON of Yappi whether you agree or not with him.
Its been pointed out that Yappi is dying off and Magic is needed but people keep trying to run my off.
Old 10-08-18, 09:33 AM
All Yappi

JElder is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You beat me to it.... I was going to ask at what point do the WW fans start complaining about the officiating. I didn't think it would happen before the game was played though...
Old 10-08-18, 09:33 AM
All Ohio

Pull-to-Trap is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Lol. Yea GCL teams ALways get the benefit of a doubt.
Never gonna get a call on the west side. You have to be perfect and expect 11 on 15 football.

Just run 28 until they bleed.