Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-06-18, 04:52 PM
All Ohio

freedom_isnt_free is on a distinguished road
Piqua (5-2) @ Butler (4-3)

This is a huge game for both teams because they are both eyeballing a playoff spot in DIII Region 12. Butler can pretty much lock up a playoff spot with a win over Piqua but it won't be easy bevause these two teams know each other well.

Butler has won six of the last ten meetings between the two but Piqua held on to beat Butler last year. Butler had a ton of guys out against Troy and hopes to have a few of those guys back for Piqua. Things should get better after Piqua too when even more guys are expeteced back from injury.

I expect a close game but I think Butler gets past Piqua 24-20 and finishes the season 7-3.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-18, 06:51 AM
All American

TheBenchwarmer is on a distinguished road
After watching Vandalia not be able to move the ball on Troy I don’t see them doing much against Piqua. Poor QB has no time to throw at all and even if he does there is nobody that can get open and actually catch a ball. Troy saw that and just stacked the box to stop the QB andRB runs. I just don’t see the playoffs happening and with the lack of offense you don’t want to be in the playoffs or would be bad.......likely at Trotwood.
Old 10-07-18, 09:36 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBenchwarmer View Post
After watching Vandalia not be able to move the ball on Troy I donít see them doing much against Piqua. Poor QB has no time to throw at all and even if he does there is nobody that can get open and actually catch a ball. Troy saw that and just stacked the box to stop the QB andRB runs. I just donít see the playoffs happening and with the lack of offense you donít want to be in the playoffs or would be bad.......likely at Trotwood.
Did you not see Butler March down the field on their first drive? Troy is a very good team and Butler forced four turnovers. If not for two blocked punts within the 5 yard line this thing is a lot close and Butler loses 13-0. No moral victories here but saying they canít beat Piqua because they didnít beat Troy makes no sense. Nobody in the north is beating Troy this year. Butler was missing every WR and their staring TE. They are playing eight freshman right now so you have to put these things in perspective. They will be fine. The remaining teams are all solid teams but Butler stacks up nicely with each of them.
Old 10-08-18, 02:59 AM
All Yappi

INDIANS_RULE is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to INDIANS_RULE
Going into the Greenville game, I honestly thought that was the last game the Indians had a chance to win this season. But then they showed me something, the only Greenville score was a punt return. I'm not saying Piqua will win this game vs Butler, but I feel better about it now.
Old 10-08-18, 07:21 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDIANS_RULE View Post
Going into the Greenville game, I honestly thought that was the last game the Indians had a chance to win this season. But then they showed me something, the only Greenville score was a punt return. I'm not saying Piqua will win this game vs Butler, but I feel better about it now.
I get what youíre saying and agree. I kinda wrote Piqua off early but seeing what they did at Greenville makes me a little nervous. I seen enough Butler Piqua games to know that Piqua always plays tough no matter how the season is going. With so much to play for those boys will be ready and Butler better be ready for a street brawl because Nees will be dialing up everything in this one. Iím counting on Butler to be a little healthier and focused...if not could be a long night.
Old 10-08-18, 09:30 AM
All World

troyboy73 is on a distinguished road
Piqua by 10-14.
Old 10-08-18, 09:35 AM
All Region

BoltsFan06 is on a distinguished road
I hope Butler wins, playoff points and all, but man did they look bad against the Bolts.
Old 10-08-18, 04:38 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyboy73 View Post
Piqua by 10-14.
They play like they played against Troy on offense they will be lucky to keep it that close. Not trying to be negative but they better come to play against the Indians.
Old 10-08-18, 04:39 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltsFan06 View Post
I hope Butler wins, playoff points and all, but man did they look bad against the Bolts.
The Troy game wasnít much better.
Old 10-08-18, 09:02 PM
All Yappi

Looking over the stats from the season doesn't say help much either. I will pick Piqua in the Pick 'em simply on it being a homer pick and because I think this is a toss up game.

It looks like it's going to be a bit on the chilly side Friday night.
Old 10-09-18, 09:07 AM
Hail To The Aviators

ButlerAviator83 is on a distinguished road
I have to chime in on this one! This game is always a special one for me, as it evokes so many memories of the great battles that these teams have had over the years. In the late 1990’s and early 2000’s I remember those close games that always culminated into heartbreaking losses at the old Wertz Stadium and in the newly christened Alexander Stadium.

Arrow Through The Heart: Without question the 2000 season was the toughest pill to swallow. The Aviators were an offensive juggernaut who could seemingly score at will, that was against anyone not named Piqua. Butler dropped a 13-9 heartbreaker to the Indians in the regular season and would fall once again in the D-II Region 8 championship to Piqua by a score of 17-15.

https://www.butleraviatorsfootball.com/2000

Demons Exorcised: My fondest memory of this series will forever be 2001. The Aviators atoned for the devastating losses the previous season and washed away 18 plus years of losing to Piqua with a resounding 30-0 playoff win over Piqua at Troy’s Memorial Stadium of all places.

https://www.butleraviatorsfootball.com/2001

That win seemed to shift the football universe, as since that time the series between these two teams has become much more even keeled. In fact, from 2002 – 2017 the series record is tied at 8-8.

This is really a “must win” for both teams. I realize that Piqua still has Troy to play and therefore they do have an opportunity to rake in monstrous amount of Harbins, but that will be a tall order against a very good Troy team. For Butler there is no Plan B, this is it - beat Piqua or bust.

A low scoring, defensive battle is what I anticipate this 2018 match-up to be. I am a patterns guy and there is a clear pattern in Butler’s W/L record thus far. All losses this year have been followed-up by back-to-back wins and I am hoping that this holds true. I’m going with Butler 20-17.
Old 10-09-18, 01:54 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButlerAviator83 View Post
I have to chime in on this one! This game is always a special one for me, as it evokes so many memories of the great battles that these teams have had over the years. In the late 1990ís and early 2000ís I remember those close games that always culminated into heartbreaking losses at the old Wertz Stadium and in the newly christened Alexander Stadium.

Arrow Through The Heart: Without question the 2000 season was the toughest pill to swallow. The Aviators were an offensive juggernaut who could seemingly score at will, that was against anyone not named Piqua. Butler dropped a 13-9 heartbreaker to the Indians in the regular season and would fall once again in the D-II Region 8 championship to Piqua by a score of 17-15.

Demons Exorcised: My fondest memory of this series will forever be 2001. The Aviators atoned for the devastating losses the previous season and washed away 18 plus years of losing to Piqua with a resounding 30-0 playoff win over Piqua at Troyís Memorial Stadium of all places.

That win seemed to shift the football universe, as since that time the series between these two teams has become much more even keeled. In fact, from 2002 Ė 2017 the series record is tied at 8-8.

This is really a ďmust winĒ for both teams. I realize that Piqua still has Troy to play and therefore they do have an opportunity to rake in monstrous amount of Harbins, but that will be a tall order against a very good Troy team. For Butler there is no Plan B, this is it - beat Piqua or bust.

A low scoring, defensive battle is what I anticipate this 2018 match-up to be. I am a patterns guy and there is a clear pattern in Butlerís W/L record thus far. All losses this year have been followed-up by back-to-back wins and I am hoping that this holds true. Iím going with Butler 20-17.
Whoa talk about some blasts from the past. Very cool!
Old 10-09-18, 02:37 PM
All Ohio

yakyak is on a distinguished road
I think this is a toss up. I am going with Vandalia 21 - 20, only because they should be getting better each week with the new coaches. Troy is just better that everyone else in the conference, but the middle of the pack teams are all pretty close.
Old 10-09-18, 06:54 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButlerAviator83 View Post
I have to chime in on this one! This game is always a special one for me, as it evokes so many memories of the great battles that these teams have had over the years. In the late 1990ís and early 2000ís I remember those close games that always culminated into heartbreaking losses at the old Wertz Stadium and in the newly christened Alexander Stadium.

Demons Exorcised: My fondest memory of this series will forever be 2001. The Aviators atoned for the devastating losses the previous season and washed away 18 plus years of losing to Piqua with a resounding 30-0 playoff win over Piqua at Troyís Memorial Stadium of all places.

That win seemed to shift the football universe, as since that time the series between these two teams has become much more even keeled. In fact, from 2002 Ė 2017 the series record is tied at 8-8.

This is really a ďmust winĒ for both teams. I realize that Piqua still has Troy to play and therefore they do have an opportunity to rake in monstrous amount of Harbins, but that will be a tall order against a very good Troy team. For Butler there is no Plan B, this is it - beat Piqua or bust.

A low scoring, defensive battle is what I anticipate this 2018 match-up to be. I am a patterns guy and there is a clear pattern in Butlerís W/L record thus far. All losses this year have been followed-up by back-to-back wins and I am hoping that this holds true. Iím going with Butler 20-17.

You make me wish I still had a VCR because I have both the games in 2000. Those games were epic, Butler only lost twice that year and only lost to one team......
Old 10-10-18, 07:26 AM
All Region

OHFball10 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom_isnt_free View Post
If not for two blocked punts within the 5 yard line this thing is a lot close and Butler loses 13-0.
You could use that same logic to say...if Troy doesn't turn the ball over 4 times, they probably win by a lot more than 25.
Old 10-10-18, 07:27 AM
All Yappi

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHFball10 View Post
You could use that same logic to say...if Troy doesn't turn the ball over 4 times, they probably win by a lot more than 25.
Troy had their worst game of the year. Game could’ve been 13-0 but also about 42-0
Old 10-10-18, 01:37 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
Troy had their worst game of the year. Game couldíve been 13-0 but also about 42-0
This is true. My point is the defense actually played halfway well. I think Butler is easily the 2nd best in the North behind Troy. We will see Friday night. I could be wrong but I donít think so.
Old 10-10-18, 01:38 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHFball10 View Post
Gotta give Butler D some credit for those turnovers. Just as I give Troy for being the only team to shut Butler out.
Old 10-10-18, 03:18 PM
Hail To The Aviators

ButlerAviator83 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDIANS_RULE View Post
You make me wish I still had a VCR because I have both the games in 2000. Those games were epic, Butler only lost twice that year and only lost to one team......
I remember leaving that first game saying, "Man I hope we get another shot at them in the playoffs". Needless to say, I wasn't happy leaving that playoff game either. Haha
Old 10-12-18, 12:17 PM
Junior Varsity

latti6935a is on a distinguished road
Too much tape on Butler now and teams know how to shut them down. They will lose out and finish 4-6. Running clock before halftime tonight.
Old 10-12-18, 07:13 PM
All Yappi

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Just saw the score. Wow butler taking it to Piqua.
Old 10-12-18, 08:28 PM
All Yappi

Left at halftime... final Butler 27 Piqua 25
Old 10-12-18, 08:29 PM
All Yappi

Yellow_Jacket06 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Yellow_Jacket06 Send a message via Yahoo to Yellow_Jacket06
Almost came back on them it seems.
Old 10-12-18, 09:58 PM
All Region

Way to go Butler!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-12-18, 09:59 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by latti6935a View Post
Too much tape on Butler now and teams know how to shut them down. They will lose out and finish 4-6. Running clock before halftime tonight.

This didnít age well...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-13-18, 11:25 AM
All Ohio

Total domination by Butler out of the gates to jump out to that 27-0 lead. Three turnovers in five plays led to three Piqua TD’s to make this thing very interesting in the second half. Gotta give those Piqua kids a lot of credit because most teams would have folded but those kids fought hard to get back in. They are a great team with some stud athletes. Karns the QB was very impressive. Now it’s time to handle business on the road next week at Sidney.
Old 10-13-18, 03:06 PM
All Ohio

yakyak is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom_isnt_free View Post
Total domination by Butler out of the gates to jump out to that 27-0 lead. Three turnovers in five plays led to three Piqua TDís to make this thing very interesting in the second half. Gotta give those Piqua kids a lot of credit because most teams would have folded but those kids fought hard to get back in. They are a great team with some stud athletes. Karns the QB was very impressive. Now itís time to handle business on the road next week at Sidney.
Very impressive so far new coaches and players for VB. Great job
Old 10-13-18, 09:46 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakyak View Post
Very impressive so far new coaches and players for VB. Great job
Totally agree itís so awesome to see what Puckett and the coaches have brought to the program. The kids have busted their tails and they play with an aggression and will that we havenít see for a long time. I can only imagine what he would have gotten out of last years team and the year before. The future is bright.