Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-10-18, 09:49 AM
All American

KingKong24 is on a distinguished road
The 1998 team is actually getting honered this Friday lol. 20th Aniversary of Olds’ first team and 1998 favc champs. They went 9-1 losing to state champ Lebanon but only 4 teams made the playoffs back then.
I remember Brewer quite well as a young Buckeye fan back then in that outback bowl.

Last edited by KingKong24; 10-10-18 at 10:00 AM.
Old 10-10-18, 11:44 AM
Ron Jeremey Stunt Double

skins99 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to skins99
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
Yes Milford is d1. I wasn’t even thinking...anyway if they played in 98 that was during the Brewer days so I can only guess who won that match up.

Anyway good luck Friday!
Thanks for bringing back the nightmares said every Anderson player and fan from that era. God that kid was good.

p.s. Also like the KingKong I remember that bowl game. He made me lose a bet to my GF at the time when he tore up OSU in the Bowl game.
Old 10-10-18, 12:27 PM
All Yappi

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins99 View Post
Thanks for bringing back the nightmares said every Anderson player and fan from that era. God that kid was good.

p.s. Also like the KingKong I remember that bowl game. He made me lose a bet to my GF at the time when he tore up OSU in the Bowl game.
Osu didnít offer him and he showed them why they should have. They saw a short white running back with average speed. But they didnít know he was a Mack truck and tough as nails. He was amazing.
Old 10-10-18, 06:09 PM
All American

Extra Point is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
I said that and its a good thing if they are playing next season. Winton Woods beat them twice last season, we think we can beat them this season and will be the brakes off of LaSalle the next two seasons. I think Winton Woods is still a year away.
Your Warrior bubble keeps you well insulated Don.. You may know WW but you don't know a thing about LaSalle.....WW will beat the brakes off the Lancers the next 2 years?...I would take that bet...LaSalle is very young in almost all areas except the linebackers - which they seem to have in abundance since the resurgence....The O-line is extremely young and will be a strength the next 2 years....

WW will be lucky to beat the "Young" Lancers in the playoffs if they meet this year....You do realize that LaSalle's 3 losses are to Colerain, Moeller (ot) and X...I realize they are not West Clermont, Upper Arlington and Thurgood Marshall, but they are not bad....

I love how you constantly throw up that Winton Woods won 2 games last year...although the playoff game was by a point with a field goal at the final gun....LaSalle "Beat the Brakes" off the Warriors the 3 years before that..

Your passion is obvious, but your objectivity needs work....

btw...are you still "salty" over the Tresean Smith thing??Ö. he wanted to go to LaSalle instead of Winton Woods....Worked out pretty well for him....don't you think??
Old 10-10-18, 06:15 PM
All Ohio

Over The Hills is on a distinguished road
I love when guys throw out all of their teamís losses as an attempt to demonstrate how good their team is.

Lol.

R8 will be settled on the field in the near future.

At least for the 8 teams that qualify.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-10-18, 06:35 PM
All Yappi

DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extra Point View Post
Your Warrior bubble keeps you well insulated Don.. You may know WW but you don't know a thing about LaSalle.....WW will beat the brakes off the Lancers the next 2 years?...I would take that bet...LaSalle is very young in almost all areas except the linebackers - which they seem to have in abundance since the resurgence....The O-line is extremely young and will be a strength the next 2 years....

WW will be lucky to beat the "Young" Lancers in the playoffs if they meet this year....You do realize that LaSalle's 3 losses are to Colerain, Moeller (ot) and X...I realize they are not West Clermont, Upper Arlington and Thurgood Marshall, but they are not bad....

I love how you constantly throw up that Winton Woods won 2 games last year...although the playoff game was by a point with a field goal at the final gun....LaSalle "Beat the Brakes" off the Warriors the 3 years before that..

btw...are you still "salty" over the Tresean Smith thing??Ö. he wanted to go to LaSalle instead of Winton Woods....Worked out pretty well for him....don't you think??
1. I dont keep bringing up WW beating LaSalle twice last season. It did happen and I know it hurts you. I really dont care about the past that much.
2. I'm more concerned about the future and our Freshmen will be over there next Wednesday.
3. I dont care anything about TreSean Smith. Where did you get Im salty from?
4. Why didnt Nieman get a fair chance to be the QB over there this season? X put a running clock on LaSalle and the young men still didnt get a chance. No wonder the boo bird are out in Lancer land. Is the GCL turning back into the 3CL?
5. Ill be pulling for the Lancers against Elder, youll need that win.
Old 10-10-18, 07:13 PM
All Region

JetSweepAudible22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
Kings has played one good team and got killed. And yes I know thatís one of the best teams in KY. They barely beat a bad Lebanon team and barely beat an average Lakota East. They have one common opponent in Turpin. Kings won by 3 and Troy won by 22. Take it for what itís worth. Again, weíll know more after the Milford game.
Kings beats two division one region 4 teams who are both in the playoff hunt and it somehow looks bad to you. Well, then the common opponent thing looks bad to me - Turpin played Troy on the road beginning of the season then got Kings middle of the season at home on homecoming. And if Turpin beats Anderson this week, which I think they will, they are in the playoffs. Itís a legit win for Kings and Troy and the common opponent thing means zero.

LaSalle isnít making the playoffs. Winton Woods, Kings or Troy will win region 8.
Old 10-10-18, 07:31 PM
All Yappi

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetSweepAudible22 View Post
Kings beats two division one region 4 teams who are both in the playoff hunt and it somehow looks bad to you. Well, then the common opponent thing looks bad to me - Turpin played Troy on the road beginning of the season then got Kings middle of the season at home on homecoming. And if Turpin beats Anderson this week, which I think they will, they are in the playoffs. Itís a legit win for Kings and Troy and the common opponent thing means zero.

LaSalle isnít making the playoffs. Winton Woods, Kings or Troy will win region 8.
Uh obviously, Kings is third best team in the region, behind the 2 all-star teams Woods and Lasalle. No real public school has a shot at Woods or Lasalle. Hoban will probably win the state in D2.Uh Colerain and Mentor have a shot in D1 but I d bet on a private school winning the title. D3 definitely a private school. D4 Steuby which is also an all-star team from WVirginia and Ohio has a shot but there are a lot of really good privates in D4.
Old 10-10-18, 08:36 PM
Varsity

quacker835 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh obviously, Kings is third best team in the region, behind the 2 all-star teams Woods and Lasalle. No real public school has a shot at Woods or Lasalle. Hoban will probably win the state in D2.Uh Colerain and Mentor have a shot in D1 but I d bet on a private school winning the title. D3 definitely a private school. D4 Steuby which is also an all-star team from WVirginia and Ohio has a shot but there are a lot of really good privates in D4.
Get your drink of choice out. Mr uh uh talking about all star teams again. Same stuff different day
Old 10-10-18, 10:03 PM
All American

Extra Point is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
1. I dont keep bringing up WW beating LaSalle twice last season. It did happen and I know it hurts you. I really dont care about the past that much.
2. I'm more concerned about the future and our Freshmen will be over there next Wednesday.
3. I dont care anything about TreSean Smith. Where did you get Im salty from?
4. Why didnt Nieman get a fair chance to be the QB over there this season? X put a running clock on LaSalle and the young men still didnt get a chance. No wonder the boo bird are out in Lancer land. Is the GCL turning back into the 3CL?
5. Ill be pulling for the Lancers against Elder, youll need that win.
You are not salty about Tresean? I'm not one to go through the archives but if I did, I know I recall your comments about his transfer and why he did it and about an opportunity to play quarterback at LaSalle that he wouldn't get at Winton Woods.

You're too smart to get wrapped up in the results of freshman games. Moeller regularly where's the rest of the GCL out at the Freshman level and until this year those teams were getting worn out on the varsity level.

It's always been the 3CL Don. The last 4 years the team left out was Moeller.... can't be good every year. Ask X, Elder, Moeller and your boys, who haven't exactly been wearing it out in the playoffs over the past five or six years....

It will play out on the field, and one of the Region 8 teams are going to have to play as good as a GCL team to take the Lancers out.....even on an off year....
Old 10-11-18, 07:05 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extra Point View Post
You are not salty about Tresean? I'm not one to go through the archives but if I did, I know I recall your comments about his transfer and why he did it and about an opportunity to play quarterback at LaSalle that he wouldn't get at Winton Woods.

You're too smart to get wrapped up in the results of freshman games. Moeller regularly where's the rest of the GCL out at the Freshman level and until this year those teams were getting worn out on the varsity level.

It's always been the 3CL Don. The last 4 years the team left out was Moeller.... can't be good every year. Ask X, Elder, Moeller and your boys, who haven't exactly been wearing it out in the playoffs over the past five or six years....

It will play out on the field, and one of the Region 8 teams are going to have to play as good as a GCL team to take the Lancers out.....even on an off year....
1. Yes, Im sure that came up in the never ending debate about the GCL peeling players from different public schools. But I dont know where you get the idea I'm salty about it. Why are you stating that lie? I will never be salty about a young man and his family choosing to attend whatever school. It goes both ways and it would be hypocritical of me. I believe you made this "salty" lie up to make your point(whatever it is) seem better. The only player that I wanted back was Juju MacClain from Fairfield because hes the 2nd best back in SW Ohio and Im friends with his grandfather.

2. Anyone who really knows me, knows that the Freshman level is my favorite level of football to watch. It gives the first glimspe into the future of the program. Im always looking ahead not behind. The Warriors pups are coming to LaSalle Wednesday.

3. Stop the spin on the monicker the 3CL. You know, I know and everyone else knows the it was spawn by the fact LaSalle has been a zero for so long. The monicker has nothing to do with X, Elder or Moe.
Old 10-11-18, 07:33 AM
All Ohio

Pull-to-Trap is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by quacker835 View Post
Get your drink of choice out. Mr uh uh talking about all star teams again. Same stuff different day
But he's right. Don't you see Don and Extra Point arguing about their all star transfers in this very thread. Duh.......
Old 10-11-18, 07:47 AM
All Yappi

warriorblue is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=Extra Point;7139527]Your Warrior bubble keeps you well insulated Don.. You may know WW but you don't know a thing about LaSalle.....WW will beat the brakes off the Lancers the next 2 years?...I would take that bet...LaSalle is very young in almost all areas except the linebackers - which they seem to have in abundance since the resurgence....The O-line is extremely young and will be a strength the next 2 years....

btw...are you still "salty" over the Tresean Smith thing??Ö. he wanted to go to LaSalle instead of Winton Woods....Worked out pretty well for him....don't you thin
I will take your bet. LaSalle is in trouble there are no Larkins, Smith's etc coming through the program. I hope you guys make the playoff so WW can beat you again
Old 10-11-18, 07:50 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull-to-Trap View Post
But he's right. Don't you see Don and Extra Point arguing about their all star transfers in this very thread. Duh.......
Speaking of future. Winton Woods beat Edgewood down Saturday in the Freshman and JV games. This series isnt going to be pretty.
Old 10-11-18, 07:54 AM
All Yappi

Warriorblue, this region doesnt respect Winton Woods.
Old 10-11-18, 07:58 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Speaking of future. Winton Woods beat Edgewood down Saturday in the Freshman and JV games. This series isnt going to be pretty.
At Edgewood only the freshman game gives insight to the future and then just a little. The JV don't practice together as a unit because they are running scout all week. Sort of thrown together on Saturday morning and the JV HC is the worst coach in the program and that I've ever seen period.
Old 10-11-18, 08:12 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
At Edgewood only the freshman game gives insight to the future and then just a little. The JV don't practice together as a unit because they are running scout all week. Sort of thrown together on Saturday morning and the JV HC is the worst coach in the program and that I've ever seen period.
Right sir. I totally agree 110%. Its the same at Winton Woods. This season Coach Parker instructed the staff to put a more concentrated effort into organizing and developing the JV team. The product has looked much better this season over past seasons. Another issue we have at Winton Woods is alot of parents of freshmen players refuse to let those young men get moved up to JV or even Varsity. The parents worry about those young dudes being physically mature enough and possibly getting injured. The Freshmen season ends before the varsity so some, if not all those players should practice with the varsity thru the end of the regular season and the playoffs. Any other programs in this region has this small issue? How does your teams deal with it. Do they release all freshmen to winter sports, let parents,/players decide or what?
Old 10-11-18, 08:16 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Right sir. I totally agree 110%. Its the same at Winton Woods. This season Coach Parker instructed the staff to put a more concentrated effort into organizing and developing the JV team. The product has looked much better this season over past seasons. Another issue we have at Winton Woods is alot of parents of freshmen players refuse to let those young men get moved up to JV or even Varsity. The parents worry about those young dudes being physically mature enough and possibly getting injured. The Freshmen season ends before the varsity so some, if not all those players should practice with the varsity thru the end of the regular season and the playoffs. Any other programs in this region has this small issue? How does your teams deal with it. Do they release all freshmen to winter sports, let parents,/players decide or what?
Edgewoods Fresh/JV season is the same duration, so the Freshman game with Mt Healthy is actually the last regular season game. Edgewood does not dress Freshman for varsity games. I have seen some exceptions, one or two but that's it.
Old 10-11-18, 08:20 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Edgewoods Fresh/JV season is the same duration, so the Freshman game with Mt Healthy is actually the last regular season game. Edgewood does not dress Freshman for varsity games. I have seen some exceptions, one or two but that's it.
So the freshman wont get any extra weeks of practice and the varsity cup of coffee, if Edgewood makes the playoffs?
Old 10-11-18, 08:21 AM
All Yappi

warriorblue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Warriorblue, this region doesnt respect Winton Woods.
Yep. Same ol, same ol!
Old 10-11-18, 08:23 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
So the freshman wont get any extra weeks of practice and the varsity cup of coffee, if Edgewood makes the playoffs?
I'm not sure. Don't think so though.
Old 10-11-18, 08:23 AM
All District

2020Dad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
(

At X a few freshmen may get moved up to JV at the end of the year(5 or less), but the vast majority of them are released to go do winter sports or whatever else they desire
Old 10-11-18, 08:32 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020Dad View Post
(

At X a few freshmen may get moved up to JV at the end of the year(5 or less), but the vast majority of them are released to go do winter sports or whatever else they desire
There are so many freshmen at X, I would think its unmanagable and they would get in the way. Winton Woods has 35-40, depending on eligibility and health at the end of the season. I would like to see all of them moved up for that extra experience. Those extra practice weeks in the post season are valuable. What about other programs, what you guys doing? Troy? Harrison?
Old 10-11-18, 09:07 AM
All Ohio

Over The Hills is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Drink.

They were discussing players that LEFT Winton Woods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-11-18, 10:07 AM
All American

thehawg27 is on a distinguished road
The RB at Fairfield is a WW kid (a really good one). So there is merit to the statement that WW loses kids.
Old 10-11-18, 10:35 AM
All District

2020Dad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehawg27 View Post
The RB at Fairfield is a WW kid (a really good one). So there is merit to the statement that WW loses kids.
Truthfully I consider the whole "which school a middle school kid ends up at for high school" thing a wash. For every good kid WW loses to another school they gain one from another school district and vice versa. Coaches for the most part are not out there combing the LL games recruiting kids. Football is not always the reason behind the decision but sometimes it is, many parents want kids to go to their alma mater or to a school that they think is academically better. I have no problem with a kid choosing to go to a school that puts him in the best situation for his/her future as long as they follow the rules. WW lost Tay Smith to Lasalle, they gained Lowery from the FF school district. They lost Jutahn to FF and picked up a few others from Hamilton. They arent breaking any rules so it is what it is.
Old 10-11-18, 12:15 PM
All World

reporter07
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeRunsNDunks View Post
I still think La Salle is the best team region, but there is a chance they don’t make the playoffs. Wouldn’t that be something?

In my opinion,
La Salle
Winton Woods
Troy
Kings
Olentangy
Dublin Scioto
Anderson
Turpin
The best team in the region would have shown up in a needed game against St. X. I'd still rank them above everyone but WW, bu they just may not get in. That's their own fault.

La Salle is young and inexperienced outside the LBs and RB. Those kids need to grow.
Old 10-11-18, 12:31 PM
Varsity

snowman33 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
There are so many freshmen at X, I would think its unmanagable and they would get in the way. Winton Woods has 35-40, depending on eligibility and health at the end of the season. I would like to see all of them moved up for that extra experience. Those extra practice weeks in the post season are valuable. What about other programs, what you guys doing? Troy? Harrison?
Harrison's freshmen finish their season on the 27th which is one day after the last varsity game of the regular season. There is only one freshman who would continue dressing for varsity games if we make the playoffs and he is the backup kicker. The other freshmen will likely be finished with their season on the 27th.
Old 10-11-18, 01:02 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020Dad View Post
Truthfully I consider the whole "which school a middle school kid ends up at for high school" thing a wash. For every good kid WW loses to another school they gain one from another school district and vice versa. Coaches for the most part are not out there combing the LL games recruiting kids. Football is not always the reason behind the decision but sometimes it is, many parents want kids to go to their alma mater or to a school that they think is academically better. I have no problem with a kid choosing to go to a school that puts him in the best situation for his/her future as long as they follow the rules. WW lost Tay Smith to Lasalle, they gained Lowery from the FF school district. They lost Jutahn to FF and picked up a few others from Hamilton. They arent breaking any rules so it is what it is.
This is a good post. But basically no one cares about it. Back to the topic. Its been some talk, hope or whatever about Winton Woods not making the post season. Drew gives the Warriors a 96% of being in with the 6 wins we have right now. I consider Elder a must win for other reasons.
Old 10-11-18, 01:04 PM
All World

reporter07
Quote:
will be the brakes off of LaSalle the next two seasons.
Bold prediction considering the underclassmen LS has.