Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #91  
Old 10-05-18, 04:44 PM
hoser hoser is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 8,509
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
True. We will be seeing Northwest every season soon enough.
Uh if that is true , Edgewood ADMIN IS WAY BEYOND STUPID.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 10-08-18, 09:10 AM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 8,485
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
The playoff picture is taking shape. Its obvious that Kings and Troy are the favorites after Winton Woods "struggled" to a 14 point win.

And a mouse peeing on cotton can be heard in Lancerland at the moment. Are you LaSalle guys out there?

Last edited by DonMagicRon; 10-08-18 at 09:48 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 10-08-18, 11:16 AM
warriorblue warriorblue is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-19-02
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 5,399
warriorblue is on a distinguished road
Its pretty obvious Kings is the best in the Region. A win against Milford on Friday will solidify them tops in the Region.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 10-08-18, 11:24 AM
bucks_27 bucks_27 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 07-17-17
Posts: 27
bucks_27 is on a distinguished road
Troy should not be taken lightly.. Absolute stud at RB, huge lines, and play great defense.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 10-08-18, 11:27 AM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 8,485
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucks_27 View Post
Troy should not be taken lightly.. Absolute stud at RB, huge lines, and play great defense.
I agree. I think they are the favorite in the region. They have that special go to player.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 10-08-18, 01:33 PM
hoser hoser is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 8,509
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
I agree. I think they are the favorite in the region. They have that special go to player.
Uh you Woods guys are hilarious. Anybody but Woods is the favorite. You all know a nd I know Region 8 will come down to Woods and Lasalle.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 10-08-18, 03:44 PM
csg62 csg62 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 07-30-06
Posts: 201
csg62 is on a distinguished road
Whoever said LaSalle is not playing Winton Woods next year is wrong. Scheduled for ninth week of 2019 and 2020 if WW is not in a league by then.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 10-09-18, 12:26 PM
Wham34 Wham34 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 08-09-18
Posts: 3
Wham34 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

hoser-------------> he deserves a 5:30 time slot every Friday Night on WLW with say Lance Mcalister. Yappi owes this guy a pay check! Seriously love this dude!
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 10-09-18, 01:01 PM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 8,485
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by csg62 View Post
Whoever said LaSalle is not playing Winton Woods next year is wrong. Scheduled for ninth week of 2019 and 2020 if WW is not in a league by then.
I said that and its a good thing if they are playing next season. Winton Woods beat them twice last season, we think we can beat them this season and will be the brakes off of LaSalle the next two seasons. I think Winton Woods is still a year away.
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 10-09-18, 01:16 PM
Pull-to-Trap Pull-to-Trap is online now
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-31-15
Posts: 558
Pull-to-Trap is on a distinguished road
My question is ......do WW and LaSalle make it in at 6-4 each, because that could happen?
Reply With Quote
  #101  
Old 10-09-18, 03:40 PM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 8,485
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull-to-Trap View Post
My question is ......do WW and LaSalle make it in at 6-4 each, because that could happen?
Winton Woods already has 6 wins. The Warriors would have to lose the rest of the remaining 3 games for that to happen. I really cant see that.
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 10-09-18, 03:51 PM
warriorblue warriorblue is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-19-02
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 5,399
warriorblue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
Winton Woods already has 6 wins. The Warriors would have to lose the rest of the remaining 3 games for that to happen. I really cant see that.
Me neither
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 10-09-18, 03:53 PM
hoser hoser is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 8,509
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull-to-Trap View Post
My question is ......do WW and LaSalle make it in at 6-4 each, because that could happen?
Uh write it down, Woods against Lasalle for the D2 region 8 title. Only public school with a chance,Kings and that is if only they get a home game.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 10-09-18, 06:07 PM
Pull-to-Trap Pull-to-Trap is online now
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-31-15
Posts: 558
Pull-to-Trap is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh write it down, Woods against Lasalle for the D2 region 8 title. Only public school with a chance,Kings and that is if only they get a home game.


I wrote down that 50-0 score at halftime for the WW game but that didnít happen.

Seriously, has anyone else looked at the schedule. Very possible WW and LaSalle go 6-4.

My question is, does that get them in?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 10-09-18, 06:21 PM
hoser hoser is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 8,509
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull-to-Trap View Post
I wrote down that 50-0 score at halftime for the WW game but that didnít happen.

Seriously, has anyone else looked at the schedule. Very possible WW and LaSalle go 6-4.

My question is, does that get them in?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Uh I would say 6-4 gets both of them in depending on the rest of D2 Region 8,Treoy is pretty much a lock,Harrison will win out if the QB can play, winner of Anderson Turpin is probably in, if Edgewood wins out , I would say they are probably in will be close. It would be a shame if Edgewood doesn't make it in again this year. Good team good kids , just need to execute every play.
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 10-09-18, 06:38 PM
TroyTrojan05 TroyTrojan05 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-19-11
Posts: 5,131
TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Winton Woods and Lasalle are the best two in region 8. Troy is 3rd in my opinion. Iím not buying Kings yet but I know they are solid. If they blow out Milford I will buy in. Troy is a lot better than last year when they got hosed by Anderson. I believe Culp Bishop is the most dynamic player in region 8. They have a great coach, and they have a good defense. Something that also goes unnoticed sometimes is upper classmen. Most of the guys they rely on heavily are seniors. They know they got embarrassed last year and wonít let that happen again. We need a good draw though. Qb play and kicking game is a bit of a question mark which could play a big part in the playoffs. The Miamisburg game was closer then one might think too. But a loss is a loss. Albeit to a top 10 d1 team.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 10-09-18, 06:47 PM
hoser hoser is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 8,509
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
Winton Woods and Lasalle are the best two in region 8. Troy is 3rd in my opinion. Iím not buying Kings yet but I know they are solid. If they blow out Milford I will buy in. Troy is a lot better than last year when they got hosed by Anderson. I believe Culp Bishop is the most dynamic player in region 8. They have a great coach, and they have a good defense. Something that also goes unnoticed sometimes is upper classmen. Most of the guys they rely on heavily are seniors. They know they got embarrassed last year and wonít let that happen again. We need a good draw though. Qb play and kicking game is a bit of a question mark which could play a big part in the playoffs. The Miamisburg game was closer then one might think too. But a loss is a loss. Albeit to a top 10 d1 team.
Uh, pretty sure Troy is in and that RB is really good. Woods is a typical Woods team great athletes, totally undisciplined and no passing attack. Have not seen Lasalle, but it sounds like they might be a little bit down. I would say Kings is probably #3 in the region but it is hard to say.
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 10-09-18, 06:54 PM
TroyTrojan05 TroyTrojan05 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-19-11
Posts: 5,131
TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Kings has played one good team and got killed. And yes I know thatís one of the best teams in KY. They barely beat a bad Lebanon team and barely beat an average Lakota East. They have one common opponent in Turpin. Kings won by 3 and Troy won by 22. Take it for what itís worth. Again, weíll know more after the Milford game.
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 10-09-18, 06:59 PM
hoser hoser is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 8,509
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorblue View Post
Naw we have to finish the contract witb Nortwest. If not if will cost some dough. I heard they didn't want to come to WW next year. Coach said its going to cost -em.
Uh, another total massacre in the area of 50-0. Hilarious, NW AD is an idiot.
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 10-09-18, 07:02 PM
hoser hoser is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 8,509
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
Kings has played one good team and got killed. And yes I know thatís one of the best teams in KY. They barely beat a bad Lebanon team and barely beat an average Lakota East. They have one common opponent in Turpin. Kings won by 3 and Troy won by 22. Take it for what itís worth. Again, weíll know more after the Milford game.
Uh Lebanon is not bad and they are D1. Lakota East is not average, and they are D1. Uh how many D1 schools has Troy defeated this year?
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 10-09-18, 07:05 PM
TroyTrojan05 TroyTrojan05 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-19-11
Posts: 5,131
TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh Lebanon is not bad and they are D1. Lakota East is not average, and they are D1. Uh how many D1 schools has Troy defeated this year?
I don’t know why you have to turn everything into an argument. You’re like a child. Maybe you are a child? Your banter has no merit typically. And who cares that Lebanon is d1? They suck. Whenever you know you have no point, you go back to the same senseless comments?

I do find comedy in it though.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 10-09-18, 07:14 PM
hoser hoser is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 8,509
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
I donít know why you have to turn everything into an argument. Youíre like a child. Maybe you are a child? Your banter has no merit typically. And who cares that Lebanon is d1? They suck. Whenever you know you have no point, you go back to the same senseless comments?

I do find comedy in it though.
UH how many D1 teams has Troy defeated, simple question not that hard to say. Uh that's what I thought.
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 10-09-18, 07:33 PM
KingKong24 KingKong24 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-06-09
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 1,932
KingKong24 is on a distinguished road
Kings and Milford will be a close game. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if Milford won, they’re a good team and have been scoring a lot of points.
I would rank the top 5 in region 8
Winton Woods
LaSalle
Troy
Kings
Edgewood
Hard to know anything about Dublin Scioto but looking at the schedule/results would have them at 6.
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 10-09-18, 11:18 PM
HomeRunsNDunks HomeRunsNDunks is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 12-09-12
Posts: 615
HomeRunsNDunks is on a distinguished road
I still think La Salle is the best team region, but there is a chance they don’t make the playoffs. Wouldn’t that be something?

In my opinion,
La Salle
Winton Woods
Troy
Kings
Olentangy
Dublin Scioto
Anderson
Turpin
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 10-10-18, 08:45 AM
Wham34 Wham34 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 08-09-18
Posts: 3
Wham34 is on a distinguished road
hoser deserves respect

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
I donít know why you have to turn everything into an argument. Youíre like a child. Maybe you are a child? Your banter has no merit typically. And who cares that Lebanon is d1? They suck. Whenever you know you have no point, you go back to the same senseless comments?

I do find comedy in it though.
Really Troy Trojan? Really??? Calling hoser a CHILD? COME ON MAN! Hios insights are pretty spot on most of the time. Give the man some respect! Just because he gave a GREAT rebuttal to your bashing against Kings, who is ranked currently #1 in region 8 btw, you want to call him a child? Grow up and take it like a man.

Kings will look to avenge the cheap shots put on their RB last season at the end of the game by Milford that caused Milford ejections, look for their RB to have 200+ yards on 20+ carries, KINGS over MILFORD
by 14...
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 10-10-18, 08:53 AM
TroyTrojan05 TroyTrojan05 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-19-11
Posts: 5,131
TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wham34 View Post
Really Troy Trojan? Really??? Calling hoser a CHILD? COME ON MAN! Hios insights are pretty spot on most of the time. Give the man some respect! Just because he gave a GREAT rebuttal to your bashing against Kings, who is ranked currently #1 in region 8 btw, you want to call him a child? Grow up and take it like a man.

Kings will look to avenge the cheap shots put on their RB last season at the end of the game by Milford that caused Milford ejections, look for their RB to have 200+ yards on 20+ carries, KINGS over MILFORD
by 14...
Lol Hoser is one of my favorite posters on here. Iíve told him that. But he likes to stir the pot for no reason. Anytime I ever say anything, he has to say ďya butĒ to anything I say that means nothing. And Iím not bashing Kings at all. Simply stating facts about their schedule. And yes Troy hasnít played a great schedule either Iím aware.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 10-10-18, 09:00 AM
Wham34 Wham34 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 08-09-18
Posts: 3
Wham34 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
Lol Hoser is one of my favorite posters on here. Iíve told him that. But he likes to stir the pot for no reason. Anytime I ever say anything, he has to say ďya butĒ to anything I say that means nothing. And Iím not bashing Kings at all. Simply stating facts about their schedule. And yes Troy hasnít played a great schedule either Iím aware.
LOL! thanks for the reply,
I agree he has a comeback for everything but the guy keeps things pretty fluid on here...

I would love to see either Milford, Troy, Kings, Edgewood, heck even Little Miami knock off LaSalle or WW. Not hating on them but ... Anybody think that can happen this playoff season?
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 10-10-18, 09:31 AM
TroyTrojan05 TroyTrojan05 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-19-11
Posts: 5,131
TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wham34 View Post
LOL! thanks for the reply,
I agree he has a comeback for everything but the guy keeps things pretty fluid on here...

I would love to see either Milford, Troy, Kings, Edgewood, heck even Little Miami knock off LaSalle or WW. Not hating on them but ... Anybody think that can happen this playoff season?
We will see about Lasalle. They may not make the playoffs. Winton Woods would probably easily handle Milford and Edgewood. Although Edgewood made it interesting last week. Kings and Troy would be heavy underdogs as well. I think Kings and Troy are similar, the only difference is I think Troy has a better defense and Troy has a game changer on offense. Iíd love to see them battle it out on the field. I canít even remember the last time they played. If ever?
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 10-10-18, 09:39 AM
KingKong24 KingKong24 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-06-09
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 1,932
KingKong24 is on a distinguished road
Troy and Kings haven’t played since Olds became head coach in 1998. Before then I couldn’t tell you. Also Milford is D1 and most likely makes the playoffs in region 4.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 10-10-18, 09:42 AM
TroyTrojan05 TroyTrojan05 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-19-11
Posts: 5,131
TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKong24 View Post
Troy and Kings havenít played since Olds became head coach in 1998. Before then I couldnít tell you. Also Milford is D1 and most likely makes the playoffs in region 4.
Yes Milford is d1. I wasnít even thinking...anyway if they played in 98 that was during the Brewer days so I can only guess who won that match up.

Anyway good luck Friday!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
07/11 - 2018 American Legion Ohio State Tournaments seclmw Baseball 3 07-12-18 01:43 PM
OHSAA Announces Football State Semifinal Bracket Pairings - Except DIII and DVI Yappi Football 27 11-17-17 11:13 PM
GWOC Pick'Em!!! Playoff Edition - Week 3 Yellow_Jacket06 Football 8 11-17-17 03:33 PM
2017 Softball Regional Pairings Yappi Softball 22 05-27-17 08:43 PM
2017 OHSAA Baseball Regional Pairings Yappi Baseball 7 05-23-17 10:22 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:27 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz