Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Closed Thread

Old 03-24-18, 08:00 AM
All American

Bengal Nation is on a distinguished road
Former Bengal QB & LB, Najee Goode on Fox Business lately with a new app business venture!

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/57453...#sp=show-clips
Old 03-24-18, 09:59 AM
All District

fr willie is on a distinguished road
The young men that left our school recently are ALL fine men. For some reason, only they or there parents know, they decided to leave Benedictine. These men are good kids ... good in the classroom and were outstanding teammates as well. We are now going to concentrate on the young men that we have in the program and move on. There should not be any bashing of those young men.Let's drop this subject NOW and start talking about the fine athletes that we have in our football program. I hope this will help to put to bed this bashing of these outstanding students
Old 03-24-18, 04:32 PM
All Ohio

Findy15 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengals wrestling View Post
Yes Findy, they left. They left the school, they left the football program and they left their teammates.

ďIf you quit ONCE it becomes a habit.Never quit!!!Ē

― Michael Jordan
Really? Of all people you should have no comment.
Old 03-24-18, 04:33 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr willie View Post
The young men that left our school recently are ALL fine men. For some reason, only they or there parents know, they decided to leave Benedictine. These men are good kids ... good in the classroom and were outstanding teammates as well. We are now going to concentrate on the young men that we have in the program and move on. There should not be any bashing of those young men.Let's drop this subject NOW and start talking about the fine athletes that we have in our football program. I hope this will help to put to bed this bashing of these outstanding students
Thank You
Old 03-25-18, 11:09 AM
All District

bengals wrestling is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Findy15 View Post
Really? Of all people you should have no comment.
On the contrary Findy, I have a unique perspective on this subject that allows TO comment on it.
Old 03-25-18, 11:46 AM
All District

jet is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fac974 View Post
Unfortunately the same canít be said about the going to be senior class. -3 in less than a month.... Not a good sign of how things are going.
I heard that the Fox kid is at Maple. Is that true and who are the other kids that left? Fox was really good
Old 03-25-18, 11:47 PM
All District

parkhaven is an unknown quantity at this point
Fox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
I heard that the Fox kid is at Maple. Is that true and who are the other kids that left? Fox was really good
I guess Fox didn't bleed Blue & White.
Old 03-26-18, 04:52 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkhaven View Post
Not all do. But just spending one quarter at Benedictine is better than spending your whole high school career at Notre Dame Academy.
Old 03-26-18, 07:23 AM
Varsity

Broadway Joe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I take offense to your comments. I have a personnel relationship with the young man that transferred. Not only is he my sons best friend, he is like a second son to me. So let's get one thing straight, Junior. He is not a trouble maker, he is not a problem, he has no issues in the classroom and he certainly doesn't need you slamming him on a web site. He left for whatever reason, no business of mine or yours. PERIOD. Get over it. Fr Willy, shut off this faucet.
I wasn't "slamming" anyone, it was a vague description of, why/what excuses used, when kids typically transfer. It's the truth. In this case, it might be the furthest thing from the truth, which you are saying. So, in this case, its a different circumstance. It's over, hate to see anyone leave, but if ya gotta go then go. The Bengals will keep on plugging away.

Sincerely,
"Junior", I guess that's me
Old 03-26-18, 07:26 AM
Varsity

Broadway Joe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBone 22 View Post
I hate to tell you but; During Bossu, Bortnick, Hodakovic, & Schaeffer's coaching tenure. I can guarantee you the elected team captain for the next season never transferred! By the way I heard he was a stud in the classroom too. Big Ding. Big Ding. Bring on Rotzky! Before it's too late. LOL.;
LOL, you are correct on this. Although, I still don't know who the transferee's are. I was just leaving a general response to kids that transfer.
Old 03-26-18, 07:10 PM
All District

Quote:
Not all do. But just spending one quarter at Benedictine is better than spending your whole high school career at Notre Dame Academy.
Is Benedictine planning to upgrade their academics to the level of the rest of the NCL schools (LC excluded) anytime in the near future?
Old 03-26-18, 07:11 PM
All District

Quote:
Thanks for the laugh. Your post made my day. I guess that is what you tell the football prospects to get them to try the school out for a quarter, huh?
Old 03-26-18, 11:28 PM
All Region

CleBen is on a distinguished road
Quote:

And I know that the Marianist Order did not bleed Latin's purple and gold.
Old 03-27-18, 05:07 AM
All District

Quote:
Thanks for the laugh. Your post made my day.
I'm glad I made your day. Here's another on to make you laugh, this one cracks me up all the time. You ready?

Benedictine open,
Latin closed

No Really, I was in the men's room at a Benedictine/NDCL game and I heard a Latin guy yell out to one of the Bengals fans, "Hey Bennie, at Latin they taught us to wash our hands after we urinate", with that the Benedictine fan turned around and stated "I'm not sure what they taught you at Latin but at Benedictine they taught us how not to pi$$ on our hands".
Old 03-27-18, 11:30 AM
All District

ene456 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Is Benedictine planning to upgrade their academics to the level of the rest of the NCL schools (LC excluded) anytime in the near future?

I heard NDCL and L. C. will not be fielding 9th grade teams this year. Is that correct? No scorn meant. Simply Curious.
Old 03-29-18, 09:42 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by ene456 View Post
I heard NDCL and L. C. will not be fielding 9th grade teams this year. Is that correct? No scorn meant. Simply Curious.
The probability of that happening would likely be about the same as it would be for Benedictine getting their academic standards up to the same level as the rest of the NCL schools (LC excepted, obviously). LOL!

Last edited by parkhaven; 03-29-18 at 10:45 PM.
Old 03-30-18, 09:51 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
The probability of that happening would likely be about the same as it would be for Benedictine getting their academic standards up to the same level as the rest of the NCL schools (LC excepted, obviously). LOL!
Wow! This coming from an NDCL guy. Really??? Wow! You know that we know that you know what we know! Wow! That's all I can say.
Old 03-30-18, 05:02 PM
All District

Quote:
Wow! This coming from an NDCL guy. Really??? Wow! You know that we know that you know what we know! Wow! That's all I can say.
For what it is worth, I never attended NDCL. That said, the school is known for its quality academics whereas Benedictine is not. (LC included with Benedictine in that regard obviously.) Benedictine football players think they are there to play football. The football players at the other NCL schools (LC excluded obviously) know they aren't.
Old 03-30-18, 10:01 PM
All District

fr willie is on a distinguished road
You have no idea what you are talking about. Benedictine is a fine academic school. We have had many football players succeed at Benedictine and go on to college and flourish there as well. T J Beltavski was a 4.2 GPA student at Benedictine and is now at Ball State doing very well on the field and in the classroom. Closer to me , my nephew graduated from Benedictine and is now at Kent State and on the Deans list is first quarter there. I would suggest you do a little more homework before trying to judge our school.
Old 03-30-18, 11:18 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr willie View Post
You have no idea what you are talking about. Benedictine is a fine academic school. We have had many football players succeed at Benedictine and go on to college and flourish there as well. T J Beltavski was a 4.2 GPA student at Benedictine and is now at Ball State doing very well on the field and in the classroom. Closer to me , my nephew graduated from Benedictine and is now at Kent State and on the Deans list is first quarter there. I would suggest you do a little more homework before trying to judge our school.
Right. Check out state tests scores. Better yet. Compare Benedictine's state test scores with those of the other NCL schools. I suspect that you will find that even LC's students scored higher. (Ball State? Kent State? You consider them to be academic bastions? LOL!)

Last edited by parkhaven; 03-30-18 at 11:23 PM. Reason: I want to add to my post.
Old 03-31-18, 12:27 AM
All District

What were Latin's test scores? Oh that's right their closed, done, finished, Kaput, never to be heard from again. Any scores are better than no scores. The best thing about Latin is, the Diabetes Center that now stands where Latin once sits, severs the city better that Latin EVER did!
Old 03-31-18, 01:49 AM
Varsity

Lex Luger is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
What were Latin's test scores? Oh that's right their closed, done, finished, Kaput, never to be heard from again. Any scores are better than no scores. The best thing about Latin is, the Diabetes Center that now stands where Latin once sits, severs the city better that Latin EVER did!
Severs? Really. I donít want to be spell check guy, but ďsevers the cityĒ
Bragging about acedemics, while misspelling words. CMON MAN!
Old 03-31-18, 02:10 AM
All District

Cardinals?

Quote:
How many members of the College of Cardinals in the Vatican graduated from Benedictine?
Old 03-31-18, 02:14 AM
All District

Cult?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex Luger View Post
Severs? Really. I donít want to be spell check guy, but ďsevers the cityĒ
Bragging about acedemics, while misspelling words. CMON MAN!
The Benedictine Fan Base often makes me think of them as a cult - "Legends in their own minds". They love to throw stones, but can't take it when the stones start coming back. In many ways, they remind me of the old LC Fan Base before their football program crashed and burned.
Old 03-31-18, 06:01 AM
Varsity

I’m not picking sides but NDCL football program is a year away from crashing and burning as well. But most schools programs are seeing a drop in numbers. But it is really going to hit NDCL in 2019- 2020 and beyond
Old 03-31-18, 07:08 AM
All District

fac974 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Iím not picking sides but NDCL football program is a year away from crashing and burning as well. But most schools programs are seeing a drop in numbers. But it is really going to hit NDCL in 2019- 2020 and beyond
With ndcl building a $300,000 fieldhouse. Should help attract some future student athletes to the school.
Old 03-31-18, 07:10 AM
All District

Quote:
With ndcl building a $300,000 fieldhouse. Should help attract some future student athletes to the school.

https://www.ndcl.org/protected/Artic...PPB&dasi=4GYA2
Old 03-31-18, 07:37 AM
Varsity

Quote:
I hope your correct, i would like to see a local powerhouse on the east side.
But I believe NDCL looks like hard times approaching. Unless drastic measures taken.
Old 03-31-18, 08:09 AM
All District

Quote:
I hope your correct, i would like to see a local powerhouse on the east side.
But I believe NDCL looks like hard times approaching. Unless drastic measures taken.
From the way the landscape currently looks. Iím anticipating a 4-5year skid from ndcl. But with that fieldhouse and some other future upgrades. They should bounce back sooner rather than later.
Old 03-31-18, 09:59 AM
Varsity

Quote:
From the way the landscape currently looks. Iím anticipating a 4-5year skid from ndcl. But with that fieldhouse and some other future upgrades. They should bounce back sooner rather than later.
I hope your correct but after a 4/5 year hard times itís hard to spin that into a winner unless the nuns actually recruit. Which last time I checked nuns arenít into recruiting.
Closed Thread