Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Football (NFL)

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-12-18, 10:43 AM
All Ohio

wolves82 is on a distinguished road
Debating the past NFL draft seems like a good use of time. Carry on.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-18, 10:45 AM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolves82 View Post
Debating/discussing what actually happened and the possibilities is a much better use of time than the hours and hours of draft SPECULATION going into a draft.

Now THAT is useless time!
Old 10-12-18, 10:51 AM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
Why were you speculating on who the jets were going to take if it doesn't who the jets were going to take?
Lol
Old 10-12-18, 11:44 AM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
First time I have really seen Barkley play and wow, just wow.

It is rare that you see a guy in the NFL just look that much better than the opponent. Reminds me of a highly recruited by major D1 HS kid who just toys with the opponent and can do what he wishes almost at will.

Tell Barkley of their plans and sort of limit his touches the rest of the year.
With that said, they need a QB in the worst way. The NYG should start their tank process now. Get him work, but not too much, and then draft a franchise QB (if there is one).

Even basic passes he looks like his arm is a wet noodle. His career is over and if he is smart he needs to exit the game sooooon.
I'd say the tank process began the moment the NYG hired Shurmur as HC. Why on earth did they think he would be a good fit with his personality (or lack thereof)? Who else applied for that job that Shurmur emerged as the best candidate?

Some coaches are just meant to be coordinators. The Browns seem to have a knack for hiring all of them (Palmer, Crennel, Shurmur, Chudzinski, Pettine, Hue).
Old 10-12-18, 12:02 PM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
Not really. No one really knew what the Browns were going to do.
The rumors leading up to the day of the draft were the Browns were likely to take Darnold.
Old 10-12-18, 12:05 PM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolves82 View Post
You spend roughly half your time on Yappi responding seriously to 14Red. I think you're the last person to determine what good use of time is.
Old 10-16-18, 01:44 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
John Mara went off on OBJ in an ESPN Interview- “I wish he would create the headlines by his play on the field as opposed to what he says and what he does off the field,” Mara told reporters at the NFL owners’ meetings. “I think he needs to do a little more playing and a little less talking.”

I wonder if old John gave it that much thought when he decided to make an angry 4 year old the highest paid WR in the NFL.
Old 10-16-18, 02:45 PM
All World

14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
John Mara went off on OBJ in an ESPN Interview- “I wish he would create the headlines by his play on the field as opposed to what he says and what he does off the field,” Mara told reporters at the NFL owners’ meetings. “I think he needs to do a little more playing and a little less talking.”

I wonder if old John gave it that much thought when he decided to make an angry 4 year old the highest paid WR in the NFL.
No one twisted his arm to sign OBJ. Just absolutely silly to give that guy any kind of long term deal.
Old 10-17-18, 07:14 AM
All Yappi

Do I think OBJ needs to shut up?

Yeah.

Is he the reason they suck?

No way.

It starts with Manning. He is a shell of himself and that is killing the offense.

In other news...reports they may lose the locker room if Pederson starts in buffalo

He is exhibit A, B and C as to why Kap should win his collusion suit.

He just may be the worst QB to have ever played in the NFL.

EVER>
Old 10-17-18, 07:45 AM
All Yappi

Termite2 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post

In other news...reports they may lose the locker room if Pederson starts in buffalo

He is exhibit A, B and C as to why Kap should win his collusion suit.

He just may be the worst QB to have ever played in the NFL.

EVER>
Pederson is 50 years old and hasn't played QB in 20 years, not to mention what Buffalo would have to give up in order to pry him away from the Eagles.
Old 10-17-18, 08:07 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Termite2 View Post
Pederson is 50 years old and hasn't played QB in 20 years, not to mention what Buffalo would have to give up in order to pry him away from the Eagles.
Pederson at 50, however, may by better than Nathan Peterman.
Old 10-22-18, 10:11 AM
All Yappi

Rae Carruth is getting out of prison today.
Old 10-22-18, 03:53 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
Willoughby South/University of Toledo's Kareem Hunt had quite a day.
Old 10-26-18, 08:56 AM
All Yappi

I hear that an official got fired for a false start call/no call?

Has to be more to it. Think maybe he was reprimanded privately, then threw a fit and push back and this is where it ended up?
Old 10-26-18, 09:55 AM
All Yappi

TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
The official was probably already on the league's radar and the horrible no call on that false start was the tipping point.
Old 10-26-18, 09:58 AM
All Yappi

How about Hopkins catch last night? Wow.
Old 10-26-18, 10:43 AM
All American

brianwr112 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Wish the refs had the option to say yea there were a couple flags on that play but the catch was so dope we're just going to let it stand. First Down
Old 10-26-18, 12:01 PM
Freshman

AATW! is on a distinguished road
Quote:
May be the next "greatest catch" video that gets shown, replacing OBJ's
Old 10-26-18, 12:12 PM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Hopkins is like a mixture of AB and OBJ. He runs excellent routes and makes insanely difficult catches. Very fun player to watch and he keeps his diva moments to a minimum which is nice considering the position he plays.
Old 10-26-18, 12:15 PM
All World

The NFL fired an official the last few days, and for some reason, the media and fans rejoice??

Are we beginning to hold officials at a standard to high to attain? They are evaluated all the time. My guess is the best one stay, and the ones that don't do so well don't get assigned. My take on officials and sports is very simple. In any game, you have dozens of opportunities to win or lose the game. One officials call on one play does not win or lose games. It never has. We want officials to be perfect, and yet our players are not?
Old 10-26-18, 12:25 PM
All Yappi

TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
14Red not a fan of people being fired for poor job performance. Why am I not surprised.
Old 10-26-18, 12:28 PM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
14Red not a fan of people being fired for poor job performance. Why am I not surprised.
Lol
Old 10-26-18, 12:34 PM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
The NFL fired an official the last few days, and for some reason, the media and fans rejoice??

Are we beginning to hold officials at a standard to high to attain? They are evaluated all the time. My guess is the best one stay, and the ones that don't do so well don't get assigned. My take on officials and sports is very simple. In any game, you have dozens of opportunities to win or lose the game. One officials call on one play does not win or lose games. It never has. We want officials to be perfect, and yet our players are not?
Irrelevant whether or not one call changes the outcome of a game, if a ref can't do his job and officiate well, then he shouldn't be a ref. Just like every profession ever.
Old 10-26-18, 01:03 PM
All Yappi

In the real world if you continually screw up you lose your job. Why should officials be any different?
Old 10-27-18, 06:17 AM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
In the real world if you continually screw up you lose your job. Why should officials be any different?

There's got to be more to it than missing one off-side don't you think? Seems very sudden. Was he tottering? Maybe he had a few.
Old 10-29-18, 11:34 AM
All World

I just never get the joy of someone losing their job. Managers, head coaches, while in leadership roles, have little to do with the success of the teams. It's all about the players.
Old 10-29-18, 11:40 AM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
You posted this in the debate forum just this morning...

Quote:
What??? This can't be true?? This means we must be accountable for our actions??
...and now you're sad because a ref who sucks at reffing lost his job? Which is it?
Old 10-29-18, 11:56 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
I just never get the joy of someone losing their job. Managers, head coaches, while in leadership roles, have little to do with the success of the teams. It's all about the players.
You seem quite happy Kaepernick lost his job in the Nfl and you are actively rooting against Lonzo Ball’s nba employment.
Old 10-30-18, 07:37 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
You seem quite happy Kaepernick lost his job in the Nfl and you are actively rooting against Lonzo Ball’s nba employment.
EP, you must not pay attention to details (big shock).
Colin Kaepernik asked for and got his release from the Niners and no one has picked him up, with good reason IMO. 1. he's good enough, and 2. he brings about attention to himself that is controversial and bad for business. Any owner of a business has the ability to control who they hire, pretty simple.

Lonzo Ball simply isn't good enough to have a spot on an NBA team let alone a starting job handed to him. There are G-leaguers who are better than him and would be a better fit for the Lakers. But for some reason the Lakers just gave this kid a job and are living with the consequences.
Old 10-30-18, 07:42 AM
All World

I don't get it. One of the lead stories yesterday was the Packers Ty Montgomery trying to return a kick and fumbling the ball in the closing minutes of the Packers/ Rams game, pretty much sealing the loss.

But here's the part I disagree with. Everyone comes down on the kid for not allowing Aaron Rodgers a chance to win the game?? Really?? This is where we are at now in sports commentating? First of all, even as good as Rodgers is, doesn't always drive his team to wins. He could have very well thrown a pick 6 with his first pass that drive. Coming down on a player for trying to make a play seems very nit-picky.