Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-12-18, 08:45 AM
Lancers lead the way!

Lancermania is on a distinguished road
La Salle game cancelled because of Hurricane Michael

La Salle's game with the International School of Broward has been cancelled by the Broward County school due to Hurrican Michael. https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...me/1608871002/
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-18, 08:47 AM
All American

yj_runfan is on a distinguished road
The bye will help their playoff chances.
Old 10-12-18, 08:50 AM
Lancers lead the way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yj_runfan View Post
The bye will help their playoff chances.
According to Joe Eitel, La Salle has moved up from 9th in the R8 rankings to 7th with a new L2 divisor of 89. La Salle can now make the playoffs with one more win at 5-4. http://www.joeeitel.com/hsfoot/regio...on=8&year=2018
Old 10-12-18, 09:17 AM
All Region

tribefan23 is on a distinguished road
Wow. it's amazing that missing this game actually helps their playoff chances more than winning the game would have, given that this Broward school would give them exactly 0 second level points.
Old 10-12-18, 09:19 AM
All World

reporter07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancermania View Post
According to Joe Eitel, La Salle has moved up from 9th in the R8 rankings to 7th with a new L2 divisor of 89. La Salle can now make the playoffs with one more win at 5-4. http://www.joeeitel.com/hsfoot/regio...on=8&year=2018
This is the hard part, though. Gotta play much better than last week.
Old 10-12-18, 09:19 AM
All Region

EXPRESS is on a distinguished road
This is going to affect the bottom 4 in region 8 and knock someone out.....as LaSalle needed to beat elder to get in before this happened
Old 10-12-18, 09:29 AM
Lancers lead the way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXPRESS View Post
This is going to affect the bottom 4 in region 8 and knock someone out.....as LaSalle needed to beat elder to get in before this happened
La Salle's week nine opponent from St. Louis, Trinity Catholic, is 5-2 and play an 0-7 team this week, so they should come to La Salle at 6-2. This is the key game for La Salle. Trinity will have to travel over 300 miles from St. Louis to play this game. You can't tell me that won't have an effect on them.
Old 10-12-18, 09:33 AM
Lancers lead the way!

Tonight was to be La Salle's homecoming game, so the Lancers will still have the band and cheerleaders at 7:00 p.m. event which now means La Salle will have a game against themselves at 7:00.
Old 10-12-18, 09:39 AM
All World

sportster4321 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Tonight was to be La Salle's homecoming game, so the Lancers will still have the band and cheerleaders at 7:00 p.m. event which now means La Salle will have a game against themselves at 7:00.
I'll take the Lancers over LaSalle 21-7.
Old 10-12-18, 09:47 AM
All World

reporter07
Quote:
Yeah, but nobody thatís better than La Salle.
Old 10-12-18, 09:55 AM
All Yappi

DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
La Salle's week nine opponent from St. Louis, Trinity Catholic, is 5-2 and play an 0-7 team this week, so they should come to La Salle at 6-2. This is the key game for La Salle. Trinity will have to travel over 300 miles from St. Louis to play this game. You can't tell me that won't have an effect on them.
Trinity Catholic is very good. Better than Lutheran North (Lutheran played LaSalle with a Freshman QB). And Trinity is used to the travel. They are very fast and physical with some dynamic players. I researched them last season. Its going to be a difficult game but LaSalle has a great place kicker and punter that gives them the edge.
Old 10-12-18, 10:11 AM
Lancers lead the way!

Quote:
Let's just hope it's Dublin Scioto. They don't belong in R8 anyway. They should be in R7
Old 10-12-18, 10:15 AM
Varsity

Warriorviking is on a distinguished road
Beware that trinityteam went to overtime with the east st louis team that gave massillon everything they wanted.
Old 10-12-18, 10:18 AM
Lancers lead the way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
Trinity Catholic is very good. Better than Lutheran North (Lutheran played LaSalle with a Freshman QB). And Trinity is used to the travel. They are very fast and physical with some dynamic players. I researched them last season. Its going to be a difficult game but LaSalle has a great place kicker and punter that gives them the edge.
DMR, were you researching them because they was a possibility for WW to play them in 2008?
Old 10-12-18, 10:44 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
DMR, were you researching them because they was a possibility for WW to play them in 2008?
No. Winton Woods played a team from Missouri in 2014 and 2015, Rock Bridge. They had a big time WR who was the coaches son. The young man signed with the Oregon Ducks and his dad might had been hired as an asst coach by the Ducks. I actually think the dad was a former NFL player ( their names escape me). I researched the top players in Missouri in attempt to find out how things played out and i kept seeing all these big time recruits from Trinity Catholic in every grade. So I researched that team some and they have some serious talent and travel alot.
Old 10-12-18, 10:53 AM
All American

Pope Francis 1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
La Salle's game with the International School of Broward has been cancelled by the Broward County school due to Hurrican Michael. https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...me/1608871002/
Based on what I've read, sounds like the Lancers also didn't show up for their game last week vs their North Bend Rd rival.
Old 10-12-18, 10:58 AM
Lancers lead the way!

Quote:
No. Winton Woods played a team from Missouri in 2014 and 2015, Rock Bridge. They had a big time WR who was the coaches son. The young man signed with the Oregon Ducks and his dad might had been hired as an asst coach by the Ducks. I actually think the dad was a former NFL player ( their names escape me). I researched the top players in Missouri in attempt to find out how things played out and i kept seeing all these big time recruits from Trinity Catholic in every grade. So I researched that team some and they have some serious talent and travel alot.
Their QB Isaiah Williams had offers from every SEC and Big Ten school before committing to Illinois. http://www.espn.com/college-sports/f...saiah-Williams
Old 10-12-18, 11:08 AM
All Region

IcyCoolDevil is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Their QB Isaiah Williams had offers from every SEC and Big Ten school before committing to Illinois. http://www.espn.com/college-sports/f...saiah-Williams
Well, not every, but a quite a large number of them.
Old 10-12-18, 11:21 AM
All Region

tribefan23 is on a distinguished road
What is the point of LaSalle even scheduling this game? Broward was 0-7 and hadn't even been close in a game yet this year. I guess they don't want to play Ed's or Ignatius (or SVSM like last year), even though beating teams like Broward would do nothing for them in the computer.
Old 10-12-18, 11:35 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Lancermania, Williams is just the tip of the iceberg. OL Jalen St. John and WR Marcus Washington are major.
Old 10-12-18, 12:00 PM
All American

Kballer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Thatís the real benefit- a week to prep for the next game.
Old 10-12-18, 12:23 PM
Lancers lead the way!

Quote:
Lancermania, Williams is just the tip of the iceberg. OL Jalen St. John and WR Marcus Washington are major.
Marcus Washington's offers. https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Ma...ruitInterests/
Old 10-12-18, 12:36 PM
All World

reporter07
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribefan23 View Post
What is the point of LaSalle even scheduling this game? Broward was 0-7 and hadn't even been close in a game yet this year. I guess they don't want to play Ed's or Ignatius (or SVSM like last year), even though beating teams like Broward would do nothing for them in the computer.
I'd imagine Ed's and Ignatius already have games that were scheduled for this week and as I understand it, SVSM was not interested in a trip down here.

The biggest crime among many on the schedule is Winton Woods not being on it.
Old 10-12-18, 12:39 PM
All Ohio

Over The Hills is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by reporter07 View Post
I'd imagine Ed's and Ignatius already have games that were scheduled for this week and as I understand it, SVSM was not interested in a trip down here.

The biggest crime among many on the schedule is Winton Woods not being on it.
Agreed!

WW would love to play the Lancers every season.
Hopefully it works out and they can play in November!
Old 10-12-18, 12:39 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Yea, lancermania this could be a real problem for LaSalle. I saw highlights of the St. X game. And if St. X receivers can run thru the LaSalle secondary like that the Lancers might be in big trouble next week. The bad thing about the so called extra week to prepare is that week has already passed with the Lancers preparing for the Florida team, so its only one week to prepare strategy wise. This would had been a good week for the Lancers to get back 5o the basics of tackling and blocking.
Old 10-12-18, 12:41 PM
All Ohio

tonka is on a distinguished road
I am sure the Lancers are upset that they can't recruit any of the Florida players while they are here.
Old 10-12-18, 12:43 PM
All World

reporter07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over The Hills View Post
Agreed!

WW would love to play the Lancers every season.
Hopefully it works out and they can play in November!
I'd imagine most at LS agree as well. The two DII powers in the area should meet each season.
Old 10-12-18, 12:49 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Hopefully for their sake it was cancelled early enough to save the money for this trip!

Personally I am not a fan of HS teams scheduling a game where the student body and fans basically cannot attend and put a hardship on families wanting to go.
Old 10-12-18, 01:48 PM
All American

yj_runfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonka View Post
I am sure the Lancers are upset that they can't recruit any of the Florida players while they are here.
Players that haven't won a game?
Old 10-12-18, 01:59 PM
All World

L Hand is on a distinguished road
Helps LaSalle but hurts any team that beat LaSalle and is looking for second level points (most notably, the Bombers), right?