Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-03-18, 01:16 PM
All District

HardCorps is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by W@rrior 11 View Post
I think we all want to see Colerain win another state title but what is stopping the Cards on getting over the hump to another state championship? The Talent is clearly there and is not dropping off. Colerain is a powerhouse and I am pretty sure that everyone in Ohio know about Colerain Football. The conference title streak is impressive and their ability to be consistent throughout the years are incredible. Colerain resume is Awesome but when speaking State titles I want them to rack some of those championships up. Any thoughts?

Since 2000 the Cards are 203-28.
10-17 seasons since 2000 the Cards finished 10-0.
All 17 seasons winning the GMC Conference with only the one loss to Middletown in 2008.
Colerain is 31-21 vs. GCL South which is the strongest conference in Ohio.
They have 3 Region titles if I am not mistaken.
Only 1 State Title back in 2004 with probably the nations best team back then.
5 turnovers in the second half will stop anybody. More size on D-line would have been nice vs Pick Cent. They were huge and athletic.
Old 07-03-18, 01:19 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vike16 View Post
Just my way too early opinion
JJ Boykins(?) from Colerain. He took X and Pick Cent to the cleaners last year, in the playoffs.
Old 07-03-18, 01:28 PM
All World

JBaller
Quote:
Who will be the Offensive and Defensive players of the year in your opinion

Who will lead in

Passing

Rushing

Receiving
Passing = Drew Altemuehle, Sycamore

Rushing = Brian Doneghy, Sycamore (it will be close with DSM and JJ Davis from Colerain and Afari from West; I would say Dobrozsi at East too but I have no idea if he is still at East or is even playing)

Receiving = Erick All, Fairfield (I could also see JJ Davis being close here as well)
Old 07-03-18, 01:38 PM
All Yappi

CardinalsFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCorps View Post
JJ Boykins(?) from Colerain. He took X and Pick Cent to the cleaners last year, in the playoffs.
You have created a hybrid between Colerain's JJ Davis and Fairfield's Taimar Boykin.

Unfortunately, because of the nature of the Triple option, it is highly unlikely that any single Colerain back is ever going to lead the GMC in rushing, nor do they really want that to be the case. If that happens, it means they are too reliant on one guy.

I can guarantee this....Colerain will take back the team rushing title this year which they relinquished to Lakota East last year.

-CardinalsFan
Old 07-03-18, 01:45 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBaller View Post
Passing = Drew Altemuehle, Sycamore

Rushing = Brian Doneghy, Sycamore (it will be close with DSM and JJ Davis from Colerain and Afari from West; I would say Dobrozsi at East too but I have no idea if he is still at East or is even playing)

Receiving = Erick All, Fairfield (I could also see JJ Davis being close here as well)
Seems that Altemuehle is the over-whelming pick to lead the league in passing yards. Probably a safe pick, although you never know what is going to happen at Lakota West and Oak Hills.

Rushing has to be Afari, IMO. I think the new coach relies heavily on running the ball and controlling the clock in his first year. Is there a reason Dobrozsi didn't run the ball or appear to play at all the final three games of last year? Did he get hurt?

Totally agree on Erick All as the the pre-season leader at this point. JJ Davis is a sneaky dark horse pick as his receiving yards are going to be short 5 yard or less passes that get turned into 50+ yard runs due to his speed and shiftiness. We'll see...

-CardinalsFan
Old 07-03-18, 01:48 PM
All District

Quote:
Just my way too early opinion
JJ Davis from Colerain. He took X and Pick Cent to the cleaners last year, in the playoffs.
Old 07-03-18, 02:05 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardinalsFan View Post
You have created a hybrid between Colerain's JJ Davis and Fairfield's Taimar Boykin.

Unfortunately, because of the nature of the Triple option, it is highly unlikely that any single Colerain back is ever going to lead the GMC in rushing, nor do they really want that to be the case. If that happens, it means they are too reliant on one guy.

I can guarantee this....Colerain will take back the team rushing title this year which they relinquished to Lakota East last year.

-CardinalsFan
Oops. I fixed it. He is dynamic. I can still see #10 from X running to get JJ before he got to the corner. He was a step late and JJ turned the corner and that was it, 93 yards.
Old 07-03-18, 02:24 PM
All World

JBaller
Quote:
Is there a reason Dobrozsi didn't run the ball or appear to play at all the final three games of last year? Did he get hurt?

-CardinalsFan
He, along with like half of the Lakota East starters, were suspended. I'm not really sure on the details, but I do know that Dobrozsi was at the center of whatever caused the mass suspension. Maybe one of the Lakota people on here has a better idea of the status of all the Lakota East players for the coming season. If everybody is back, they should be pretty good.
Old 07-03-18, 02:26 PM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Lakota West is moving to a no QB system? Hmmmmm.....why the hell not, right?!

Where did Horton transfer to, again?

-CardinalsFan
Horton went to LaSalle. His heir apparent Malik Verdon (about 2x better than Horton actually) just skipped town for Moeller.

Good times in The WC.
Old 07-03-18, 02:32 PM
All World

JBaller
Quote:
Seems that Altemuehle is the over-whelming pick to lead the league in passing yards. Probably a safe pick, although you never know what is going to happen at Lakota West and Oak Hills.

Rushing has to be Afari, IMO. I think the new coach relies heavily on running the ball and controlling the clock in his first year. Is there a reason Dobrozsi didn't run the ball or appear to play at all the final three games of last year? Did he get hurt?

Totally agree on Erick All as the the pre-season leader at this point. JJ Davis is a sneaky dark horse pick as his receiving yards are going to be short 5 yard or less passes that get turned into 50+ yard runs due to his speed and shiftiness. We'll see...

-CardinalsFan
I actually think JJ Davis has a chance to lead the league though. The last two Colerain running backs to lead the league in rushing were Dominique Sherrer and Detuan Smith-Moore. For Sherrer, Colerain knew he was their best option that season and operated heavily out of a straight I formation. He got a few more toss sweeps and Reynolds at QB was also much more inclined to pitch the ball. Smith-Moore barely beat out his teammate Kelvin Cook when Colerain was operating their dynamic shotgun read option when they had Cook. It took Colerain changing their base offense slightly to have a single rusher with big time yardage, so it will be interesting to see if they make a conscious effort to get Davis the ball more this year or are content to run their base double slot attack.
Old 07-03-18, 07:44 PM
All District

BASESWIMPARENT is on a distinguished road
My understanding is that the quarterback that was supposed to be the heir apparent at LW was injured big time playing AAU basketball in the early spring. They were not counting on him this fall. The current coach has the dreaded interim designation but the feeling is that they should be fundamentally solid on Defense and decent on Offense.
Old 07-04-18, 07:41 AM
This is the year

gocards is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCorps View Post

Davis
Old 07-05-18, 07:46 AM
All World

Carl Rick is on a distinguished road
Is West headed for 1-9?
Old 07-05-18, 12:12 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I actually think JJ Davis has a chance to lead the league though. The last two Colerain running backs to lead the league in rushing were Dominique Sherrer and Detuan Smith-Moore. For Sherrer, Colerain knew he was their best option that season and operated heavily out of a straight I formation. He got a few more toss sweeps and Reynolds at QB was also much more inclined to pitch the ball. Smith-Moore barely beat out his teammate Kelvin Cook when Colerain was operating their dynamic shotgun read option when they had Cook. It took Colerain changing their base offense slightly to have a single rusher with big time yardage, so it will be interesting to see if they make a conscious effort to get Davis the ball more this year or are content to run their base double slot attack.
I am guessing we are going to go back to pre-Gunnar Leyendecker. Think Deshaunte Jones in 2014/15. The backfield is always talented but this year is going to be "next level" with returning starters DSM 2.0 and JJ Davis, along with super sophomore Freddie Johnson.

Oh, and there's some dude named Pace that plays back there too....he's pretty good.

Did I mention the Cards return 4 OL?

Lose tons of leadership with the graduation of last year's seniors, especially Gunnar and Dan Bolden but others will have to step up.

Got to get over that Championship #2 hump some day....don't we??

-CardinalsFan
Old 07-05-18, 02:04 PM
All World

JBaller
Quote:
I am guessing we are going to go back to pre-Gunnar Leyendecker. Think Deshaunte Jones in 2014/15. The backfield is always talented but this year is going to be "next level" with returning starters DSM 2.0 and JJ Davis, along with super sophomore Freddie Johnson.

Oh, and there's some dude named Pace that plays back there too....he's pretty good.

Lose tons of leadership with the graduation of last year's seniors, especially Gunnar and Dan Bolden but others will have to step up.

-CardinalsFan
Colerain is going to absolutely murder the rest of the GMC this year. I don't think any of us are under any delusions that we can compete with the Cards this year. The 8.6 ypc the Cards averaged in 2013 is well within reach. Fairfield maybe has a chance........to keep it within 5 TD.
Old 07-05-18, 02:22 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Colerain is going to absolutely murder the rest of the GMC this year. I don't think any of us are under any delusions that we can compete with the Cards this year. The 8.6 ypc the Cards averaged in 2013 is well within reach. Fairfield maybe has a chance........to keep it within 5 TD.
tsunami

-CardinalsFan
Old 07-05-18, 05:13 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Rick View Post
Is West headed for 1-9?
Probably not. 2-8 isnít at all out of the question though.
Old 07-05-18, 05:33 PM
This is the year

Quote:

-CardinalsFan

You forgot another returning speedster in Sincere Jones.
Old 07-05-18, 09:06 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocards View Post
You forgot another returning speedster in Sincere Jones.
Ohh I didn't forget him....just didn't want to seem like I was piling on.

Honestly, he's probably the best overall athlete on the team, outside of Ivan Pace Jr. I see him as a legitimate threat all over the field. Offensively, defensively...just the total package.

This has all the makings of a very special year. Can't wait to getting back to predominantly running the football.

-CardinalsFan
Old 07-05-18, 09:29 PM
All World

Don't know the West schedule but the GMC is happy with their situation. If they are a little better than horrible I will be surprised. East is thrilled.
Old 07-05-18, 09:31 PM
All World

Does the West principal have a clue? He's been in that position for awhile. Is he the Larry of principals?
Old 07-06-18, 07:21 AM
All Yappi

Pretty weird question, TBH.
Old 07-06-18, 08:33 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
Pretty weird question, TBH.
Agree, just looking at the state of their football and basketball programs and decisions about moving forward. I think the whole timing of Larry resigning and then the naming of an interim coach is odd. Thus my question about the Principal as the leader of the school. Many Principals let the AD's handle the athletics without interference but when it comes to basketball and football they become a little more involved because of the higher profile level. So maybe weird but that position is the leader of the school.
Old 07-08-18, 08:24 AM
This is the year

Quote:
Ohh I didn't forget him....just didn't want to seem like I was piling on.

Honestly, he's probably the best overall athlete on the team, outside of Ivan Pace Jr. I see him as a legitimate threat all over the field. Offensively, defensively...just the total package.

This has all the makings of a very special year. Can't wait to getting back to predominantly running the football.

-CardinalsFan

I'm also excited about the coming year. Colerain had a very young team last year and has a ton returning. Do you have any idea when 2 a days or whatever is the current version of them starts?
Old 07-08-18, 08:46 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocards View Post
I'm also excited about the coming year. Colerain had a very young team last year and has a ton returning. Do you have any idea when 2 a days or whatever is the current version of them starts?
I am guessing that 2-a-days will start the week of August 5 with scrimmages on or around the 10th and 17th.

First game on Friday 8/24 @ The Cage vs. the Lancers.

Get your popcorn ready.

-CardinalsFan
Old 07-09-18, 08:45 AM
All Ohio

OUcats82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I am guessing that 2-a-days will start the week of August 5 with scrimmages on or around the 10th and 17th.

First game on Friday 8/24 @ The Cage vs. the Lancers.

Get your popcorn ready.

-CardinalsFan
Gosh I hope they knock off Lasalle this year!
Old 07-18-18, 01:10 PM
All Ohio

Vike16 is on a distinguished road
Just for fun

Who has the biggest stadium in the GMC?

Who has the best to worst stadium in the GMC?

I know that Sycamore did some work to their stadium/field/track and Princeton is in the middle of replacing their bleachers and press box
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Princeton Vikings Stadium.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	2386  
Old 07-18-18, 01:16 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Just for fun

Who has the biggest stadium in the GMC?

Who has the best to worst stadium in the GMC?

I know that Sycamore did some work to their stadium/field/track and Princeton is in the middle of replacing their bleachers and press box

Best to Worst stadiums IMO

1. Middletown
2. Hamilton
3. Fairfield
4. Mason
5. Princeton- New bleachers
6-7. Lakota's
8. Sycamore
9. Oak Hills
10. Colerain- Deserves better and bigger IMHO
Old 07-18-18, 03:12 PM
All American

oxat622
Worst would be the Lakotas and Oak Hills for how tiny they are compared to the schools' size. I'd give best to Mason followed by Princeton.
Old 07-18-18, 03:31 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxat622 View Post
Worst would be the Lakotas and Oak Hills for how tiny they are compared to the schools' size. I'd give best to Mason followed by Princeton.
Yeah I think Oak Hills, the Lakota's, and Colerain stadiums are too small. Colerain because how good they are and their following. I do know that Princeton's stadium got a little bigger on the home side
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Princeton Vikings stadium.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	2387