Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-30-18, 06:57 AM
All American

The Dock is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by m14brian View Post
There is no evidence that Football causes CTE. This false narrative is driven by media and their “yellow journalism”.
Read Merril Hodges book.
Oh yes, the media wants to bring down the sport of football... arguably one of the biggest revenue generators for almost all media companies in the United Stands. They want people to be afraid of football based on lies and ‘yellow journalism’ (seriously?) so that way people get afraid of big hits, don’t tune in to watch, with the endgame being that the next generation will eschew football away from American culture for good - effectively making those TV contracts for big games worthless. Mhmm.

There is a litany of issues with Hoge writing as an authority on the topic and being interpreted as such, not the least of which include a conflict of interest (his primary employment now is the football industry - not entertainment) and the fact he literally testified that he quit football at age 29 because of the effect that the numerous concussions he accrued had on his physical and mental well-being. Interesting that he wants us to think he never had any problems after football when it came to head pain or emotional issues stemming from those same concussions.. as if they just “expire” past a certain point.

Oh, and he’s not a doctor!

Quote:
The only thing researchers and scientist know about the cause of CTE is that they DONT KNOW.
This is straight bull. Researchers, scientists and clinicians know for a fact that a credible link between repeated instances of forcible, violent contact to the skull and CTE exists. What they don’t know is how much of the role violent hits play in the development of CTE compared to the long-term consequences of having experienced these hits and the regression of the brain as a result. And they probably won’t be able to conclusively, beyond a 99.7% confidence, establish such until they find a way to actually monitor, observe and test a subject’s brain as they are living... because the only way possible to truly determine if a brain has CTE is if the person is dead. That is the problem; not “bad science” or whatever stupid trope CTE-truthers try to peddle.
Old 11-30-18, 07:08 AM
All Ohio

Unstacked is on a distinguished road
If only they called the non-interception correctly..........
Old 11-30-18, 07:44 AM
All Region

Purplesage is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALftbl View Post
OHSAA got it right by moving these back to Canton.....Much better to see a game with a full stadium instead of 1/4 filled stadium. I hated them in Ohio Stadium.....I hope they never go back.......
A 1/4??? More like 1/10 or less!!! Never ever again will I go back there!!
Old 11-30-18, 07:59 AM
All District

ALftbl
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBulldog View Post
Probably made you sicker than all of the unarmed black kids murdered by police which is why they kneel. It certainly does to your orange dude, who pleaded bonespurs to avoid serving his country. And now he is even more patrioticly refusing to give our country's greatest heroes, our veteren soldiers their back VA pay. But that's less important to folks like you, I guess. As a proud veteren myself, you sir, frankly disgust me.
So lets disrespect the poeple who have died for our country by kneeling during the national anthem to pay respect for the unarmed black kids that have been murdered.
The point is, there is a way to bring attention to it without disrespecting the people who died for our country. An arm band, a headband, color of shoes, etc etc...or how about just talking about it when getting interviewed........
Old 11-30-18, 08:02 AM
All District

ALftbl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unstacked View Post
If only they called the non-interception correctly..........
This!!! You could just feel that it was a big turning point in the game....could have literally been a 14 point swing or even more with momentum, etc......

People on here who say momentum is not a factor are flat wrong. These are very emotional KIDS playing a game. Its more of a factor in high school than any!!!!! and its real, and the third quarter showed what momentum can do for a team.........

So yeah was huge!!! and a really bad call......that ball went right through the receivers hands and into the defenders, and the ref was right in position to make the right call. Big failure.

But thats high school football i guess.......
Old 11-30-18, 08:57 AM
All Region

raspberry_bubinga is on a distinguished road
Congrats Hoban!
Old 12-24-18, 09:50 AM
All Yappi

LICKING COUNTY FAN is on a distinguished road
Just getting around to watching the Ohio games and I had to say Washing impressed me in this one.

I did find it funny when the TV guys talked about the Hoban dynasty losing so many seniors and how they wonder how they would respond in 2019. They left out about any new players transferring in.
Old 12-24-18, 10:27 AM
All Ohio

Cougarfan22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LICKING COUNTY FAN View Post
Just getting around to watching the Ohio games and I had to say Washing impressed me in this one.

I did find it funny when the TV guys talked about the Hoban dynasty losing so many seniors and how they wonder how they would respond in 2019. They left out about any new players transferring in.
Plenty of returning talent for another run. But yes we will welcome any new transfers. Just like every public and private school in the state of Ohio would. But only legal transfers. It must be done LEGALLY!!

Merry Christmas 🎄
Old 12-24-18, 10:43 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarfan22 View Post
Plenty of returning talent for another run. But yes we will welcome any new transfers. Just like every public and private school in the state of Ohio would. But only legal transfers. It must be done LEGALLY!!

Merry Christmas 🎄
Legally is correct.
Old 12-24-18, 06:01 PM
All American

JJBulldog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALftbl View Post
So lets disrespect the poeple who have died for our country by kneeling during the national anthem to pay respect for the unarmed black kids that have been murdered.
The point is, there is a way to bring attention to it without disrespecting the people who died for our country. An arm band, a headband, color of shoes, etc etc...or how about just talking about it when getting interviewed........
I served, we ALL served for, amongst other things, their right to protest. They werent disrespecting me or fallen family in the service. If you interpreted that way, you are wrong. Would I choose a different way? Yes. Did I see a single HIGH SCHOOL kid kneel? NEVER.
Old 12-24-18, 07:40 PM
All Ohio

jeroe
Quote:
I served, we ALL served for, amongst other things, their right to protest. They werent disrespecting me or fallen family in the service. If you interpreted that way, you are wrong. Would I choose a different way? Yes. Did I see a single HIGH SCHOOL kid kneel? NEVER.
Just as they can choose to be disrespectful to those who gave their life so they could do so, also gives us the right to see their childish behavior for what it is and challenge it. Therefore you telling anyone they are wrong makes you a hypocrite!

Last edited by jeroe; 12-24-18 at 10:33 PM.
Old 12-25-18, 02:35 AM
All American

JJBulldog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeroe View Post
Just as they can choose to be disrespectful to those who gave their life so they could do so, also gives us the right to see their childish behavior for what it is and challenge it. Therefore you telling anyone they are wrong makes you a hypocrite!
Again, you are an idiot. They weren't disrespecting anyone. All the disrespect is coming from the guy who refused to serve his country, Mr. Bonespurs, who let's vets go unpaid. And talk about hypocrisy, Bonespurs refused to visit the graves of fallen American heroes in France. And you're the hypocrite who didn't care enough to mention it!

Last edited by JJBulldog; 12-25-18 at 02:47 AM.
Old 12-25-18, 04:43 AM
All Region

pup pounder is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes Our Tigers had Hoban on the ropes for a moment there. Unfortunately our knockout punch was setting in a wheelchair. Hobans definitely a great team. I was proud to see the Tigers punch them in the mouth.
Old 12-25-18, 04:49 AM
All Region

pup pounder is an unknown quantity at this point
Here's a question,,, does Hoban beat Edds? I personally don't believe so. Hoban caught Iggy at a bad time. Those big parochials are like the Star Trek borg. they assimilate...
"resistance is futile"
Old 12-25-18, 06:51 AM
All Yappi

I have not seen any high school kids kneeling but have witnessed several fans setting during the national anthem. Cleveland,Columbus and Pittsburgh were all big in doing this.
Old 12-25-18, 08:15 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
...and to think some people come to a high school sports forum to get away from the BS and political debate of everyday life...
Old 12-25-18, 08:57 AM
All Ohio

jeroe
Quote:
Again, you are an idiot. They weren't disrespecting anyone. All the disrespect is coming from the guy who refused to serve his country, Mr. Bonespurs, who let's vets go unpaid. And talk about hypocrisy, Bonespurs refused to visit the graves of fallen American heroes in France. And you're the hypocrite who didn't care enough to mention it!
I am the idiot? I prefer to not mention any of the fools we see every day plastered in the press. Let's see the ones making all kinds of ridicules statements and disrespecting all of of us continuously. Quite frankly I am tired of the politicizing of every group possible and blatant discriminatory behavior by the masses. My issue currently is with you thinking telling people they are wrong for the same reason you site as others right to demonstrate. You see you a veteran should have more respect for the rights of everyone. Clearly you do not. Moron!
Old 12-25-18, 09:04 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Yappi Debate Forum-

http://www.yappi.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71
Old 12-25-18, 09:21 AM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
No chit.

Please spare us the good American vs. bad American bs on the hs football forum, please?

Btw I said before the Hoban game if I had a choice I'd rather play Eds, and having watched the D1 game I still lean that way match-up wise. Either way we needed to be at full strength and not having Thomas is just an unfortunate something we'll never know about and have to live with.
Old 12-27-18, 05:53 AM
All World

my2sense is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
we needed to be at full strength and not having Thomas is just an unfortunate something we'll never know about and have to live with.
Massillon would have lost with Thomas.
Old 12-27-18, 06:43 AM
All Ohio

chito is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
...and to think some people come to a high school sports forum to get away from the BS and political debate of everyday life...
This. Well said sir.
Old 12-27-18, 02:26 PM
All American

falguin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
Massillon would have lost with Thomas.
You can't say that definitively. There were a couple of key plays that Hoban pulled off that if that kid was on the field, Hoban doesn't make them. This game was close. Thomas would have been a force on both sides of the ball. You can't say he would not have made a difference if he played a great game.
Old 12-27-18, 04:04 PM
All Ohio

OBIE-WON is an unknown quantity at this point
Absolutely we win with this game with the Mr football finalist on the field. He was clearly missed on the defensive side of the ball.
Old 12-27-18, 04:31 PM
All Ohio

OBIE-WON is an unknown quantity at this point
Actually I was hoping the reports were bogus and he came out in a different number.
Old 12-27-18, 06:21 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBIE-WON View Post
Absolutely we win with this game with the Mr football finalist on the field. He was clearly missed on the defensive side of the ball.
Please. Injuries are part of the game. 34-7 at half. Hoban slept through most of the second half and woke up to close it out when they needed to.
Old 12-27-18, 07:15 PM
Freshman

Irish247 is on a distinguished road
thats funny cougarfan, I thought Massillon slept the whole first half and almost beat Hoban! Hoban did not look asleep, but looked scared $hitless.
Old 12-27-18, 08:17 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish247 View Post
thats funny cougarfan, I thought Massillon slept the whole first half and almost beat Hoban! Hoban did not look asleep, but looked scared $hitless.
Almost? Massillon never led the game and Hoban with a 14 point win. 4 straight titles. No Hoban wasn’t scared. Complacent maybe, hard not to when you are up 28. Massillon coach choked on the fake punt. Hoban made the play and won the game.
Old 12-27-18, 08:23 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBIE-WON View Post
Well, I feel badly for the kid, for sure. He may have "greater" glory in college, but he can't get high school back.

Maybe in Massillon 40 years ago, he could have gotten a few more seasons..........

For the massill00nies:

Old 12-27-18, 08:24 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Enough crying. Let it go. Start the build-up for next season.

Congrats, Hoban.
Old 12-27-18, 08:56 PM
All Yappi

gobluetom has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Enough crying. Let it go. Start the build-up for next season.

Congrats, Hoban.
24-4 all time in state championship games, congrats Massillon, LOL