Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > College Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-26-18, 12:01 PM
All American

El Indio is on a distinguished road
Reflection from "The Game"

1. Ttun is lucky they don't have to sit a starter in the first half of their bowl game.
2. Despite everything going Ttun way, we still DESTROYED them!
3. The refs were not their best. Missed many calls. See above.
4. Olave was a difference maker. Catching two TDs and blocking a punt that went for 6! Give him a game ball!
5. Haskins set Big Ten Records for TD passes and passing yards.
6. Campbell is stupid fast!
7. I think the reason OSUs defense is down is because they are always on the field. Meaning OSU's offense is so potent, the can score in the blink of an eye, not letting the defense get some rest. Now don't twist my words, I like that they can score in a few seconds. The defense needs to run extra after practice to get ready to go at anytime.
8. I lived through the Bruce/Cooper era and I always knew who were Ttun fans, especially after "the Game". I now can say I really don't know any that OSU has owned them! Which is great!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-18, 12:05 PM
All Yappi

Arrogate will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Indio View Post
1. Ttun is lucky they don't have to sit a starter in the first half of their bowl game.
2. Despite everything going Ttun way, we still DESTROYED them!
3. The refs were not their best. Missed many calls. See above.
4. Olave was a difference maker. Catching two TDs and blocking a punt that went for 6! Give him a game ball!
5. Haskins set Big Ten Records for TD passes and passing yards.
6. Campbell is stupid fast!
7. I think the reason OSUs defense is down is because they are always on the field. Meaning OSU's offense is so potent, the can score in the blink of an eye, not letting the defense get some rest. Now don't twist my words, I like that they can score in a few seconds. The defense needs to run extra after practice to get ready to go at anytime.
8. I lived through the Bruce/Cooper era and I always knew who were Ttun fans, especially after "the Game". I now can say I really don't know any that OSU has owned them! Which is great!
Yes the OSU defense is elite. Those offenses they went up against were pretty freaking good. I think they can hold Bama to under 28
Old 11-26-18, 12:09 PM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
Yes the OSU defense is elite. Those offenses they went up against were pretty freaking good. I think they can hold Bama to under 28
Sarcasm? Fishing for a Red?
Old 11-26-18, 12:29 PM
All Region

Blondie is on a distinguished road
You forgot, if Woody was coaching we would have scored and the went for two instead of Victory formation.
Old 11-26-18, 12:35 PM
All District

foreword is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
You forgot, if Woody was coaching we would have scored and the went for two instead of Victory formation.
.....because he could not have gone for 3.........
Old 11-26-18, 12:38 PM
All Region

Blondie is on a distinguished road
Yup!
Old 11-26-18, 12:49 PM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Linebacker play was tremendously improved on Saturday. Malik Harrison had a phenomenal game. There were few noticeable mistakes in terms of misreading plays or getting out of position.

The quality of opposing offenses is debatable, but the linebacking position group seems to play much better against more traditional offenses IMO.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 11-26-18, 01:14 PM
All Yappi

Auggie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
Linebacker play was tremendously improved on Saturday. Malik Harrison had a phenomenal game. There were few noticeable mistakes in terms of misreading plays or getting out of position.

The quality of opposing offenses is debatable, but the linebacking position group seems to play much better against more traditional offenses IMO.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
The biggest contribution to this was that Harbough was stubborn and he went with his original game plan and never varied his offense when the pro style attack didn't work. If you watched a minute of tape from tOSU games against IU, Purdue, & Maryland he would have seen that "eye candy" type formations and plays fared very well: trips into the boundary, motion to an empty backfield, multiple fakes, jet sweep action, shovel passes to slot receivers, RPOs etc... His original game plan was to shorten the game and run between the tackles; when that didn't work he had no plan B. Doubt Fitzgerald has this level of Hubris and tOSU will see a lot of eye candy on Saturday.
Old 11-26-18, 04:56 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
They gave up .... 39 points. 39. three times ten plus nine.

Nothing has improved on the defensive side of the line.
Old 11-26-18, 05:14 PM
All World

Gh0st is on a distinguished road
I don't think the defense was that bad. Some of the Michigan receivers made great catches that really couldn't have been defended any better. Hard to blame the defense for the whole dropping the kickoff and giving them the ball inside the 10.
Old 11-30-18, 05:50 PM
Yappi Supporter

FormerWildcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post

You're forgetting about the muffed kickoff, which essentially gave them 6 points, and their last TD was basically in garbage time.

I would say that Ohio State's last TD was basically a garbage time TD as well.

I think the LBer play was vastly improved, but I also agree with others that the Wolverines' offensive system played right into Ohio State's hands. They don't have any speed on the outside like Purdue has with that little #4 guy.
Old 11-30-18, 07:50 PM
All Yappi

Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Thanks for proving that you didn't actually watch the game
Old 11-30-18, 09:37 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bluth View Post
Thanks for proving that you didn't actually watch the game
I don't think "prove" means what you think it does.

Well ok fine. Which of the 28 first downs, 400 yards and 5 TDs do you not want to count against the defense and we'll see if you can get it to the point where it looks steller. And a little reminder, that two td turn around was courtesy of a pass interference on the OSU D.

When we're done, we can take a peaky at that Maryland game too. Is going from giving up 50 to Maryland to giving up 39 to Michigan improvement to you? Again, okay fine.
Old 12-01-18, 01:15 PM
All World

Quote:

Well ok fine. Which of the 28 first downs, 400 yards and 5 TDs do you not want to count against the defense and we'll see if you can get it to the point where it looks steller. And a little reminder, that two td turn around was courtesy of a pass interference on the OSU D.

When we're done, we can take a peaky at that Maryland game too. Is going from giving up 50 to Maryland to giving up 39 to Michigan improvement to you? Again, okay fine.
I'm pretty sure everyone has said the defense looked better, not like the top defense in college football. With how bad it looked in the games leading up to Michigan, last week was an obvious improvement.

As was mentioned before, there was the mufffed kickoff leading to a score and the garbage time TD. Some of the PI calls were pretty meh. And the Michigan receivers made some great catches that any defense would give up because they were just great plays, and in modt cases, well defended anyway.

Like Bluth said, this was all pretty obvious if you watches the game and have been watching all season.
Old 12-01-18, 04:39 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0st View Post
I'm pretty sure everyone has said the defense looked better, not like the top defense in college football. With how bad it looked in the games leading up to Michigan, last week was an obvious improvement.

As was mentioned before, there was the mufffed kickoff leading to a score and the garbage time TD. Some of the PI calls were pretty meh. And the Michigan receivers made some great catches that any defense would give up because they were just great plays, and in modt cases, well defended anyway.

Like Bluth said, this was all pretty obvious if you watches the game and have been watching all season.

It obvious to those that will be surprised when they find next game their goal line is more open than our southern border. I imagine through the season I watched the same games you did.

But OK, we all see what we see. 5 pass interference penalities? Personal Foul? Unsportsman and as mentioned, 5 tds and 400 yards to a "destroyed" team. Yep, obvious.
Old 12-01-18, 08:29 PM
All World

Quote:
It obvious to those that will be surprised when they find next game their goal line is more open than our southern border. I imagine through the season I watched the same games you did.

But OK, we all see what we see. 5 pass interference penalities? Personal Foul? Unsportsman and as mentioned, 5 tds and 400 yards to a "destroyed" team. Yep, obvious.
Winning by almost 30 isn't destroying someone?
Old 12-01-18, 08:39 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Winning by almost 30 isn't destroying someone?

Giving up 39.... I'll meet you in the middle. They half destroyed them, lol.
Old 12-01-18, 08:41 PM
All Yappi

ahem
Old 12-01-18, 08:45 PM
All World

Quote:
Giving up 39.... I'll meet you in the middle. They half destroyed them, lol.
How many points OSU gave up is hardly stands out as much as how many points they scored on Michigans defense.
Old 12-01-18, 09:00 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
How many points OSU gave up is hardly stands out as much as how many points they scored on Michigans defense.
it does when the discussion is about the defense.
Old 12-03-18, 09:09 AM
Junior Varsity

ThePrepGuru is on a distinguished road
Michigan Defense = Overrated
Old 12-03-18, 04:25 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePrepGuru View Post
Michigan Defense = Overrated

I'd prefer to think it isn't and that OSU crushed it. Maybe Florida will tell us the truth.
Old 12-03-18, 05:31 PM
All Yappi

Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Quote:

If you watched the game and understand modern football, you would know that Ohio State's defense was fantastic vs. M*chigan. There's nothing else to say