Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > College Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-24-18, 07:33 PM
All World

HTFF is on a distinguished road
Really doesn’t matter who gets in or wins. UCF will arbitrarily name themselves National Champs
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-18, 07:38 PM
All Yappi

Arrogate will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTFF View Post
Really doesnít matter who gets in or wins. UCF will arbitrarily name themselves National Champs
I think they call that it the "Massillon Manuever"
Old 11-24-18, 07:50 PM
All World

HTFF is on a distinguished road
Massillon May have had a legitimate basis. Not so much for UCF
Old 11-24-18, 08:03 PM
All American

KingKong24 is on a distinguished road
Needless to say I’ll actually be watching the rankings show on Tuesday for the first time this season. I’m guessing they’ll be in the 6 spot but wouldn’t be shocked if they jump Oklahoma to get to 5.
Old 11-24-18, 08:10 PM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
They won't jump Oklahoma.
Old 11-25-18, 12:23 PM
All American

darbydavidsonfan is on a distinguished road
1. Bama
2. Clemson
3. ND
4. Georgia
5. Oklahoma
6. Ohio State
7. UCF
Old 11-25-18, 01:39 PM
All American

Omar is an unknown quantity at this point
Good thing for ND the playoff exists. Otherwise, theyíre getting left out be Bama and Clemson. I think Clemson will beat them somewhat easily, but itís just nice to have a chance. Obviously, I want them to win it all, but Iím not stupid. All Iím hoping for is they put up a fight. This is about the future of the program, showing recruits that you can win at a high level at ND.
Old 11-25-18, 09:29 PM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by darbydavidsonfan View Post
1. Bama
2. Clemson
3. ND
4. Georgia
5. Oklahoma
6. Ohio State
7. UCF
I would be shocked if the Top 7 didn't look like this.
Old 11-26-18, 08:33 AM
All American

CincyHSFootballFan is on a distinguished road
If Ohio State does not jump Oklahoma this week, I don't see them jumping Oklahoma next week, unless OU losses. Oklahoma will be playing a better ranked opponent. They also have a chance to avenge their only loss.
Old 11-26-18, 09:08 AM
All Yappi

Auggie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyHSFootballFan View Post
If Ohio State does not jump Oklahoma this week, I don't see them jumping Oklahoma next week, unless OU losses. Oklahoma will be playing a better ranked opponent. They also have a chance to avenge their only loss.
I was firmly in this camp until I read a few things and was reminded that again this is the only team sport where style counts and there is still a final game to be played with style points to be had. I still think it is a tall task for tOSU as there will always be the data point of the Purdue loss but beat up Northwestern with a great defensive effort coupled with yet another poor OU defensive performance could make for some interesting debate in the committee room on Saturday evening.
Old 11-26-18, 09:25 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
I think they call that it the "Massillon Manuever"
lol

Was there a smoke-filled back room involved somehow ?
Old 11-26-18, 10:28 AM
All American

Zezzo! is on a distinguished road
Not an OSU fan but OSU has a legitimate argument for 5th seed now (really Top 4) after Satrurday. I do believe they are better than Oklahoma. They have the most impressive win this season by far and dominated! All the intangibles you need to be in the top 4 they showed! Really, what is the difference between OU's defense and OSU's defense? OU has given up over 40 points 5 times this year and beat Navy in overtime at home. The Notre Dame victory over is not as credible but has propelled the Irish to the playoffs. So why not OSU?
Old 11-26-18, 11:15 AM
All World

14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
There is no way you can leap Ohio State over Oklahoma. Oklahoma lost to a ranked, division champ in Texas by 3 points. Ohio State lost to a 6-5 Purdue team by 29 points!! Mic drop...End of story... there isn't any other cases to make.
Old 11-26-18, 11:26 AM
All Ohio

boiler is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
There is no way you can leap Ohio State over Oklahoma. Oklahoma lost to a ranked, division champ in Texas by 3 points. Ohio State lost to a 6-5 Purdue team by 29 points!! Mic drop...End of story... there isn't any other cases to make.
The committee has shown this year that losses aren't the most important criteria. LSU has been hanging around for many weeks in the top 10 with 2 losses while there are a bunch of 1 loss teams behind them. Why? Because they beat Georgia?

There are as many reasons not to include Oklahoma as well as OSU. What has kept the committee's view on Oklahoma high has been their offense. If OSU offense shows up like it did this past weekend than I would contend that OSU's offense is more potent than Oklahoma, while their defense is better than Oklahoma's.
Old 11-26-18, 11:30 AM
All American

El Indio is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
And who beat Texas @ Texas? Oh, a 5-7 Big Ten Maryland!
Mic drop...End of story... there isn't any other cases to make.
Old 11-26-18, 11:42 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Indio View Post
And who beat Texas @ Texas? Oh, a 5-7 Big Ten Maryland!
Mic drop...End of story... there isn't any other cases to make.
That game was played at Fed Ex Field in Maryland - where the Redskins play, not Texas.

Also that game has no bearing on ranking Oklahoma and Ohio State. Oklahoma lost to Texas - who should be ranked near the top 10 this week. Ohio State lost to 6-6 Purdue. Oklahoma has a chance to avenge their only loss. Ohio State has a chance to beat top 20 (maybe top 15) Northwestern.
Old 11-26-18, 12:06 PM
All Yappi

I think everyone assumes that if UGA beats Bama then both SEC teams would be in regardless of what OU and OSU do in their games. But what happens if Pitt somehow beats Clemson - don't see it happening, but would Clemson still sneak in at #4 ahead of either 1-loss and conference Champ Oklahoma or Ohio State?
Old 11-26-18, 12:52 PM
All American

Not an OSU fan but OSU has a legitimate argument for 5th seed now (really Top 4) after Satrurday. I do believe they are better than Oklahoma. They have the most impressive win this season by far and dominated! All the intangibles you need to be in the top 4 they showed! Really, what is the difference between OU's defense and OSU's defense? OU has given up over 40 points 5 times this year and beat Navy in overtime at home. The Notre Dame victory over Michigan is not as credible but has propelled the Irish to the playoffs. So why not OSU?
Old 11-26-18, 01:04 PM
All American

Not an OSU fan but OSU has a legitimate argument for 5th seed now (really Top 4) after Satrurday. I do believe they are better than Oklahoma. They have the most impressive win this season by far and dominated! All the intangibles you need to be in the top 4 they showed! Really, what is the difference between OU's defense and OSU's defense? OU has given up over 40 points 5 times this year and beat Navy in overtime at home. The Notre Dame victory over Michigan is not as credible but has propelled the Irish to the playoffs. So why not OSU?
Old 11-26-18, 01:17 PM
All American

CincyHSFootballFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezzo! View Post
Try to be honest though, if OSU played in the Big XII I would say they give up many more points this year. The Big XII offensively is a much better league than the Big Ten. WVU for instance would put up 40 on OSU.
Old 11-26-18, 01:18 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezzo! View Post
Other than the fact that you've now posted this 3 different times, there are a few holes in your argument:
1. Ohio State's performance Saturday proves they should be 5th (maybe even 4th) but somehow discredits undefeated Notre Dame - sound logic
2. Most impressive win this season is debatable though it was an azz-kicking - Bama has that shutout at LSU
3. Oklahoma has given up 40 points five times - Ohio State has given up 31 to dreadful Oregon State, 49 to Purdue, 31 to Nebraska, 51 to Maryland and 39 to Michigan - those teams haven't exactly been lighting the world on fire offensively and they still put up a lot of points on OSU
Old 11-26-18, 03:22 PM
All Yappi

Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
I'll say that I think Oklahoma has the better resume, and will still have the better resume if both teams win this weekend. However, I do believe that Ohio State at it's best is better than Oklahoma at it's best. Problem for the Buckeyes is they've only been at their best one time. I think the committee will go with resume but it will be a real conversation. Ultimately the 29 point loss will be the damning factor
Old 11-26-18, 03:29 PM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Hook 'em
Old 11-26-18, 03:50 PM
All American

It will suck finishing 5th two years in a row if that happens. Have to avoid getting the brakes beat off of them by an unranked team on the road next season.
Old 11-26-18, 03:54 PM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Carbon copy of 2017. Bucks end up 5th and Alabama will get in with one loss over is. Georgia is going to beat Alabama.
Old 11-26-18, 03:56 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessEmAll View Post
Carbon copy of 2017. Bucks end up 5th and Alabama will get in with one loss over is. Georgia is going to beat Alabama.
If that happens and Oklahoma and Ohio State get left out there has to be expansion.
Old 11-26-18, 04:03 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bluth View Post
I'll say that I think Oklahoma has the better resume, and will still have the better resume if both teams win this weekend. However, I do believe that Ohio State at it's best is better than Oklahoma at it's best. Problem for the Buckeyes is they've only been at their best one time. I think the committee will go with resume but it will be a real conversation. Ultimately the 29 point loss will be the damning factor
If that matchup were to take place it may end 74-72 as I don't think either defense finishes with more than 1 stop.
Old 11-26-18, 04:04 PM
All World

Gh0st is on a distinguished road
If Oklahoma wins, they should be in, assuming Georgia doesn't upset Alabama. If they lose they'll get left out and OSU gets in with a quality showing in Indy.
Old 11-26-18, 04:58 PM
All Yappi

BlueJayFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessEmAll View Post
This is the scenario the committee is hoping doesn't happen. It's going to throw everything into chaos and people are going to furious.

I think as long as Oklahoma takes care of Texas, they're in unless OSU completely dismantles Northwestern like they did to Wisconsin in 2014.
Old 11-26-18, 05:58 PM
All World

Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKong24 View Post
If that happens and Oklahoma and Ohio State get left out there has to be expansion.
I think the NCAA would like that.