Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > College Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-20-18, 11:02 PM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Yeah, I think they're stuck relying on Georgia Tech upsetting Georgia and Oklahoma losing. If it came down to OSU and Wazzu, OSU probably gets the nod.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-18, 07:03 AM
All Ohio

boiler is on a distinguished road
The Buckeyes have not been playing like a top 4 team but the selection committee has does not want them anywhere near the top 4. Oklahoma beat Oklahoma State in the same fashion as OSU beat Maryland. OSU drops a spot while it did not affect Oklahoma. Oklahoma's defense is worse than OSU's.
Old 11-21-18, 07:12 AM
All World

tom 48 will become famous soon enough
Maybe it has to do with the fact that OSU has had a disastrous loss and a couple close calls against inferior talent.
Old 11-21-18, 11:00 AM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
Yeah, I think they're stuck relying on Georgia Tech upsetting Georgia and Oklahoma losing. If it came down to OSU and Wazzu, OSU probably gets the nod.
Georgia would also have to play Alabama, a very likely loss for them. Oklahoma would have to go through WVU and Texas, who already beat them once. I'm not counting out OSU just yet.
Old 11-21-18, 12:44 PM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Keep seeing Bowl Projections with UGA in the Sugar against the Big XII Champ but if LSU wins out and UGA loses to Bama, wouldn't the head-to-head vault LSU ahead of UGA?

Also Penn St got blown out by Michigan - lost a close one to OSU and another OT loss to MSU. If they're one of the best teams for a New Years Six game, that just shows how weak this college football season has been.
Old 11-21-18, 02:13 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Find it interesting that OSU has a better chance according to the FPI to make the final four than the current FF wining out and staying as is
Old 11-21-18, 02:29 PM
All Region

nutsnbolts is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
Keep seeing Bowl Projections with UGA in the Sugar against the Big XII Champ but if LSU wins out and UGA loses to Bama, wouldn't the head-to-head vault LSU ahead of UGA?

Also Penn St got blown out by Michigan - lost a close one to OSU and another OT loss to MSU. If they're one of the best teams for a New Years Six game, that just shows how weak this college football season has been.
Your first statement just shows another example of the ignorance of the committee.

I don’t think I can remember any season where the opponent in so many games played by far their best and most emotional game against the Buckeyes. While the Buckeyes can match or exceed the talent of almost every team, they don’t seem to come close to the emotion.
I don’t know whether I would say this season has been weak. But almost nobody has been able to really ‘click’ (hit on all cylinders) every game. Does tOSU have the talent? Maybe. I doubt they get the shot even if they find a way to ‘click’ against tsun and NW. Anyone can argue pros and cons for every team being ‘deserving’ or ‘undeserving’. The only way to prevent putting your playoff fate in the hands of an incompetent group of idiots is to win every game. Once you lose you have no one to blame but yourself. The current playoff format is no less controversial at crowning an NC than 20 years ago. It just moves the controversy from the season’s last game to the final four selection.
Old 11-21-18, 02:46 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutsnbolts View Post
Your first statement just shows another example of the ignorance of the committee.

I don’t think I can remember any season where the opponent in so many games played by far their best and most emotional game against the Buckeyes. While the Buckeyes can match or exceed the talent of almost every team, they don’t seem to come close to the emotion.
I don’t know whether I would say this season has been weak. But almost nobody has been able to really ‘click’ (hit on all cylinders) every game. Does tOSU have the talent? Maybe. I doubt they get the shot even if they find a way to ‘click’ against tsun and NW. Anyone can argue pros and cons for every team being ‘deserving’ or ‘undeserving’. The only way to prevent putting your playoff fate in the hands of an incompetent group of idiots is to win every game. Once you lose you have no one to blame but yourself. The current playoff format is no less controversial at crowning an NC than 20 years ago. It just moves the controversy from the season’s last game to the final four selection.

Emotion only last so long during a game and then execution and athletes take over.

Fact of the matter is the defense is an absolute abortion. You could see that week 1 when they couldn't stop the Beavers.

By not executing and imposing their will against the opponents, OSO allows lesser talented teams to stay in the game and gives them hope and a belief they can actually compete. When an underdog starts to truly believe then look out!

Truly great teams choke the life out of lesser opponents early in games with maybe a team sneaks by a little bit longer but there is absolutely no way teams should be able to score on OSU like they are.
Old 11-21-18, 03:09 PM
All Region

NewOldBlood is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
Emotion only last so long during a game and then execution and athletes take over.

Fact of the matter is the defense is an absolute abortion. You could see that week 1 when they couldn't stop the Beavers.

By not executing and imposing their will against the opponents, OSO allows lesser talented teams to stay in the game and gives them hope and a belief they can actually compete. When an underdog starts to truly believe then look out!

Truly great teams choke the life out of lesser opponents early in games with maybe a team sneaks by a little bit longer but there is absolutely no way teams should be able to score on OSU like they are.
OSU is not a truly great team. They have several weakness (oline, te, lb's). But I don't think there is a 4th team that is truly great and I'm not completely sold on ND. Regardless of who fillls that 4th spot, they are likely to get embarrassed by Alabama.
Old 11-21-18, 03:14 PM
Cooling Off

Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
If OSU wins out, I think they would vault 2 loss Georgia & LSU as well as 1 loss WSU and undefeated UCF. But not 1 loss Oklahoma. So really they need Oklahoma to lose 1 more and Alabama to win out basically.

The biggest obstacle remains beating Michigan. The rest of the things that need to happen are comparatively easy.
Old 11-21-18, 03:21 PM
All Yappi

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
If OSU wins out, I think they would vault 2 loss Georgia & LSU as well as 1 loss WSU and undefeated UCF. But not 1 loss Oklahoma. So really they need Oklahoma to lose 1 more and Alabama to win out basically.

The biggest obstacle remains beating Michigan. The rest of the things that need to happen are comparatively easy.
I agree with this mostly except I don't think they'd pass WSU.
Old 11-21-18, 03:27 PM
All Yappi

The ONLY way OSU gets in is if they embarrass Michigan and then absolutely thump NW in the BTCG and even at that they need some help.

ND is in if they win out, which they should. Bama will be in. Clemson should win out so there is just that last spot.

To expect chaos and 2-3 of the top 4 losing is not truly realistic at all.

25% or so of OSU making it according to ESPN is complete BS. I have my theory on all of this talk over the years overstating OSU's chances when they are on the outside looking in.

They have one of the largest fan bases in the country. It would behoove ESPN to keep them in the talk that they can make the top 4 even if they truly cannot just to keep their fans engaged and watching/listening.

Personally that is why I believe they always keep the crazy scenarios on the table.
Old 11-21-18, 04:38 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
Georgia would also have to play Alabama, a very likely loss for them. Oklahoma would have to go through WVU and Texas, who already beat them once. I'm not counting out OSU just yet.
If Georgia plays Alabama close, I wouldn't at all be surprised if the committee ranked them ahead of Ohio State
Old 11-21-18, 10:47 PM
All Region

Max Grumbleman is on a distinguished road
Max's Point System Rankings Week 13

Settle down. Settle down!!

I know you've all been on the edge of your seats waiting, wondering, 'When is Max going to drop his Week 13 rankings?!' Wait no more!

Full excel file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0lxck05o66...2018.xlsx?dl=0

Weird week!

I've begun a list of possible tweaks for next season. Do not be afraid to shout here or via PM if you have any suggestions.
Old 11-22-18, 11:47 AM
All Region

nutsnbolts is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post

D
But according to you emotion has nothing to do with it.
Evidently most NBA games don’t have athletes or execute until the playoffs.
Old 11-24-18, 04:14 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
How high do they need to rank the Buckeyes this week to vault them in after next week ? Is 6th good enough, or do they have to make them 5th this week ?
Old 11-24-18, 04:18 PM
All Yappi

6th is high enough, they'd just need Texas and Alabama to win
Old 11-24-18, 04:39 PM
All Yappi

brian1227 is on a distinguished road
That stupid
Old 11-24-18, 05:55 PM
All World

HTFF is on a distinguished road
Osu just sped past UCF at least
Old 11-24-18, 06:02 PM
All Ohio

boiler is on a distinguished road
OSU is better than Oklahoma.

Committee will have Oklahoma at 5 and OSU at 6 after this weekend. There is no reason for them not to jump ahead of LSU.
Old 11-24-18, 06:20 PM
All American

Omar is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiler View Post
OSU is better than Oklahoma.

Committee will have Oklahoma at 5 and OSU at 6 after this weekend. There is no reason for them not to jump ahead of LSU.
Substantiate that claim. They got blown out by Purdue and gave up 50+ points to MD. Plus, OK’s 1 loss was close vs Texas.

Sorry, but you get rewarded for your entire season, not just how well you play at the end of the Yr.
Old 11-24-18, 06:27 PM
Cooling Off

Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
It really depends on whether you value who has the better wins or who has the worse loss(es).

OSU has 2 victories better than anything Oklahoma has. However, Oklahoma's loss is far more respectable than OSU's. You can make an argument either way and to act like it's clear cut for either team is dumb.
Old 11-24-18, 06:33 PM
All Yappi

FirestoneFan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to FirestoneFan
I would be happy with a Big Championship and Rose Bowl win. Top 5 ranking for this team.
Old 11-24-18, 06:46 PM
All Yappi

Arrogate will become famous soon enough
Quote:
It really depends on whether you value who has the better wins or who has the worse loss(es).

OSU has 2 victories better than anything Oklahoma has. However, Oklahoma's loss is far more respectable than OSU's. You can make an argument either way and to act like it's clear cut for either team is dumb.
Agreed.
Old 11-24-18, 07:03 PM
All Yappi

I vote for a play-in game between OSU and OU if they're #4 and #5
Old 11-24-18, 07:04 PM
All Yappi

Assuming Georgia loses, OU and OSU win.....

This would be my playoff

Bama
Clemson
ND
OSU

I wouldn't find fault if they chose OU over OSU. However I think OSU would get enough stops to beat OU if they were to play. Would be a good game. I think the OSU offense and defense is slightly better.
Old 11-24-18, 07:05 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar View Post
Substantiate that claim. They got blown out by Purdue and gave up 50+ points to MD. Plus, OK’s 1 loss was close vs Texas.

Sorry, but you get rewarded for your entire season, not just how well you play at the end of the Yr.
So you say, BCS breath
Old 11-24-18, 07:05 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
I vote for a play-in game between OSU and OU if they're #4 and #5
Agreed they are nearly the same team with similar resumes in terms of strength IMO
Old 11-24-18, 07:06 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
Agreed.
and another
Old 11-24-18, 07:08 PM
All Yappi

zeeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:

You’re right, I think Oklahoma will be five and tOSU sixth. A lot will be determined next weekend. If they both win I think you have to give it to Oklahoma based on the Buckeyes horrible loss to Purdue.