Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > College Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-29-18, 10:32 PM
All American

Omar is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow, what a god awful play call by Penn St.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-18, 10:33 PM
All Yappi

Arrogate will become famous soon enough
Wow
Old 09-29-18, 10:35 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
Wow
The QB had a record day on the ground, and you burn 2 TOs to come up with that? Unless it was an RPO and McSorley made a bad read, thatís inexcusable
Old 09-29-18, 10:40 PM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Joe Burrow's having a nice game
Old 09-29-18, 10:42 PM
All Yappi

Ole Miss is bad but I think the more he plays the better they get.
Old 09-29-18, 11:19 PM
All World

Gh0st is on a distinguished road
Nebraska might not win a game this year. Shame that program can't seem to get on track.
Old 09-29-18, 11:26 PM
All Yappi

I think Frost will get it right. This is a bit of a throwaway season
Old 09-29-18, 11:34 PM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Frost will be fine. He's inheriting a dumpster fire. He's got a gimme this first season.
Old 09-29-18, 11:41 PM
All Yappi

I still can't believe Nebraska hired Mike freaking Riley. This season serves them right
Old 09-30-18, 12:06 AM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Especially after firing Pelini. Not saying Pelini is the greatest coach in the world but he was at least winning 10 games every season and then fire him for Riley lol
Old 10-01-18, 12:00 AM
All World

So the million dollar question may end up being, do you take an undefeated ND over a 1 loss SEC team?
Old 10-01-18, 07:11 AM
All American

CincyHSFootballFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0st View Post
So the million dollar question may end up being, do you take an undefeated ND over a 1 loss SEC team?
Long way to go, however I think ND is in undefeated over anyone with a loss except a one loss SEC team. However it will all depend how it plays out. Clemson just looks like they will drop a game at some point. Oklahoma and West Virginia probably both drop one in advance of the Big XII title game. Ohio State runs the table. So right now, I got Bama, Ohio State, ND and then whatever SEC team they want to pick.

Kentucky is the most intriguing team right now in the SEC. They have a huge game this Saturday at A&M. If they win that, they then get Vandy at home and then @Missouri. Missouri will be a tough road game, however its winnable. If they get through these next three still undefeated it sets up an incredible day of football on Nov. 3rd, the same day LSU host Alabama, as Kentucky visits Athens Georgia. Georgia has to go to LSU and they host Auburn, as well as having Florida left. There is a chance Kentucky loses to Georgia but wins the SEC East which would be historic.
Old 10-01-18, 07:34 AM
All Yappi

cjb56 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
An unbeaten ND team will always be in, regardless. This ND team would have wins over at least four ranked teams...Michigan, Stanford, Virginia Tech, Syracuse.
Old 10-01-18, 08:11 AM
All Yappi

Auggie is on a distinguished road
An undefeated ND will always be in as they will draw eyeballs to the playoffs, boost ratings, and make the NCAA $s. The dream scenario for the NCAA is 'Bama, tOSU, ND, and don't laugh a 1 loss Texas. If Texas beats Oklahoma this weekend don't be surprised if they get some run for this thing especially if an undefeated WVU rolls into Austin in early November and a win gives the Longhorns a couple Ws against top 10 teams as well as a couple Ws against top 20 teams in TCU & Okl State plus a tough OOC schedule that included a W against top 25 USC. Compare that resume with a potential 1 loss Clemson, Washington, or Penn State. A 1 loss UGA would have a strong case but do they want back to back games of a 1 seed 'Bama playing a 4 seed UGA? Plus the ratings for a 'Bama v Texas game would be off the hook. Highly unlikely yes but the NCAA can dream...
Old 10-01-18, 09:05 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyHSFootballFan View Post
Long way to go, however I think ND is in undefeated over anyone with a loss except a one loss SEC team. However it will all depend how it plays out. Clemson just looks like they will drop a game at some point. Oklahoma and West Virginia probably both drop one in advance of the Big XII title game. Ohio State runs the table. So right now, I got Bama, Ohio State, ND and then whatever SEC team they want to pick.

Kentucky is the most intriguing team right now in the SEC. They have a huge game this Saturday at A&M. If they win that, they then get Vandy at home and then @Missouri. Missouri will be a tough road game, however its winnable. If they get through these next three still undefeated it sets up an incredible day of football on Nov. 3rd, the same day LSU host Alabama, as Kentucky visits Athens Georgia. Georgia has to go to LSU and they host Auburn, as well as having Florida left. There is a chance Kentucky loses to Georgia but wins the SEC East which would be historic.
UK plays UGA at home

I see them struggling at Kyle Field. The problem with UK is they are pretty one dimensional and I dont trust Terry Wilson at all.

I would have ND if they go undefeated over a 1 loss SEC team. I dont think they are better than Georgia or Alabama but they should get a shot IMO
Old 10-01-18, 09:12 AM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
UK plays UGA at home

I see them struggling at Kyle Field. The problem with UK is they are pretty one dimensional and I dont trust Terry Wilson at all.
What are the odds UK wins out between now and the UGA game? Scored 1st row tickets behind the UGA bench last month for pretty cheap, would love to see a top 10/top 15 match up.
Old 10-01-18, 09:26 AM
All Yappi

I wouldn't be surprised if they went 1-2 over the next 3 games. With UK not being able to fly under the radar they will need to bring it on the road against Mizzou and TAMU. My money is on UK having 1 loss going into the game against Georgia. Will be tough to win at Kyle
Old 10-01-18, 09:39 AM
All American

Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
Joe Burrow's having a nice game
4th most total yards in LSU's history. His running ability makes him dangerous. People keep forgetting Burrow just showed up to LSU with very little plays with the LSU team and beat a very good Miami team. Burrow should only get better.
Old 10-01-18, 01:00 PM
All World

It gets even more interesting if Bama loses the SEC championship game. Even more so if LSU beats Georgia, loses to Bama and Georgia wins the SEC championship game. No other power 5 champion can afford to be a one loss conference champion with a complicated SEC picture and an undefeated ND.
Old 10-01-18, 02:53 PM
All Yappi

cjb56 is on a distinguished road
What if?

Unbeaten Ohio State
Unbeaten Clemson
Unbeaten Oklahoma
Unbeaten Notre Dame
Once beaten Bama or Georgia

What’s the playoff look like? I think it would be all the unbeatens and no SEC.

Of course, odds are we won’t have four unbeatens.
Old 10-01-18, 04:26 PM
All World

WinstonSmith has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Clemson is lucky to be unbeaten at this point. As you said, I wouldn't be surprised if any of those teams lose a game.
Old 10-01-18, 04:30 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
Notre Dame hasn't beaten anyone and only has teams on their schedule that haven't beaten anyone and won't have anyone to beat. A bit of a stretch but I'm not finding impressive numbers in the PAC 12 or ACC wins. One loss SEC should get the slot over unbeaten ND, IMO.

One loss SEC should take the position over beat lower Big10, PAC and barely above FCS ND. Of course, not their fault FSU had such a bad start.
Old 10-01-18, 04:41 PM
All Yappi

Notre Dame just demolished Stanford. That's a pretty nice win.
Old 10-01-18, 05:04 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb56 View Post
What if?

Unbeaten Ohio State
Unbeaten Clemson
Unbeaten Oklahoma
Unbeaten Notre Dame

What’s the playoff look like? I think it would be all the unbeatens and no SEC.

Of course, odds are we won’t have four unbeatens.
I don't see any way the SEC is left out unless they have 2 losses. In the above scenario, I think Clemson gets left out and the boo birds will be out to keep OSU out too.

As of now the Pac 12 doesn't really have a chance and the ACCs stock is falling. A lot of football to be played though.
Old 10-01-18, 05:40 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
Notre Dame just demolished Stanford. That's a pretty nice win.
Stanford's wins seem to me to be against nobody and PAC-12. I supposed I should better put it into the TBD category. Stanford's rank wins are against league members and otherwise TBD mid-majors.

Stanford's rank wins:
USC has beaten league and a TBD mid-major and got Texas stomped.
Oregon's win was again, league, TBD mid-major and outright bad mid-major.

As far as evidenced, ND's win against Stanford might have been equivalent to a mid-level SEC or B10. Does PAC-12 have any quality wins against P5? Is that top 4 enough?

TBD
Old 10-01-18, 05:42 PM
All Yappi

You can use that same logic to say OSU hasn't beaten anyone and shouldn't be taken seriously.
Old 10-01-18, 07:06 PM
All Yappi

I had to look. I'm seeing a few quality OOC wins on BIG10 schedule but I would have to agree, none on the schedule's of OSU's victims. App St is an unappreciated team but not sure they are upper P5 equivalent.
Old 10-02-18, 02:10 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb56 View Post
What if?

Unbeaten Ohio State
Unbeaten Clemson
Unbeaten Oklahoma
Unbeaten Notre Dame

Whatís the playoff look like? I think it would be all the unbeatens and no SEC.

Of course, odds are we wonít have four unbeatens.
Thereís zero chance a 1 loss SEC champ is left out. Regardless, Bama isnít losing. The only question is does a 1 loss SEC runner up (UGA) get in. I think it depends on how well they play vs Bama. Anything other than a close loss, theyíre out.
Old 10-02-18, 02:12 PM
All American

Quote:
I don't see any way the SEC is left out unless they have 2 losses. In the above scenario, I think Clemson gets left out and the boo birds will be out to keep OSU out too.

As of now the Pac 12 doesn't really have a chance and the ACCs stock is falling. A lot of football to be played though.
Clemson is out if they don’t start playing better. If they win out, their best W will be vs a borderline Top 25 team in NC St. They really need the U to win out in order to give themselves the opportunity for a quality win in the ACC title game

Last edited by Omar; 10-03-18 at 05:42 PM..
Old 10-02-18, 05:42 PM
All Yappi

Shoot with the U's new QB they might be Clemson outright if they dont play up to their potential