Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > College Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1741  
Old 12-02-18, 08:43 PM
Michael Bluth Michael Bluth is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-29-11
Location: The Mailroom
Posts: 16,796
Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
This year is so perfect for a 6 team playoff, as is just about every other year.

Haskins 47 TD passes on the season. Wow
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #1742  
Old 12-02-18, 08:47 PM
eastisbest eastisbest is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-27-06
Posts: 18,530
eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bluth View Post
This year is so perfect for a 6 team playoff, as is just about every other year.

Haskins 47 TD passes on the season. Wow

Would have been so much fun matched up against OK or Wash St.
Reply With Quote
  #1743  
Old 12-02-18, 09:21 PM
clarkgriswold clarkgriswold is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-28-07
Posts: 11,277
clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
The Buckeyes were:
1) A team that played up to its potential once all year (against Michigan); or
2) Not a top team that played over its head against Michigan.

Neither of those possibilities is a positive for the Buckeyes.
Reply With Quote
  #1744  
Old 12-02-18, 10:59 PM
bob22 bob22 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-18-05
Posts: 1,197
bob22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bluth View Post
This year is so perfect for a 6 team playoff, as is just about every other year.

Haskins 47 TD passes on the season. Wow
He's got a real good shot at 5000 yards too. Never thought I'd say that about an OSU qb.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #1745  
Old 12-03-18, 02:34 AM
Kyle_E_Woyote's Avatar
Kyle_E_Woyote Kyle_E_Woyote is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-01-08
Location: Seattle & Irvine, CA
Posts: 7,820
Kyle_E_Woyote is on a distinguished road
Hey, great job by the Buckeye's in their Big 10 Championship win over Northwestern! The Buckeye's now are going to be playing the University of Washington Huskies in the Rose Bowl game.

I'm out here living in the Seattle Area. I've been following the Huskies all season. They were able to pull out a 10-3 win over Utah in the Pac 12 Championship game.

The Huskies quarterback is Jake Browning. He's a 4 year starter at QB. Also, the Huskies have another 4 year starter at running back, Myles Gaskin. He rushed for over 1,300 yards his Freshman year. The Huskies also have the #1 defense in the Pac 12.

The Huskies head coach Chris Peterson, came over in 2014 from his head coaching position at Boise State. You may recall those exciting Boise State teams, with those tricky statue of liberty plays, etc. Well he was the coach there then. And coming to Washington, he's really turned the program around for the better. In 2016, the Huskies made the final 4 of college football.

So it should be a great game this coming New Year. I'd give the Buckeye's the edge in this game, due to their more explosive offense. But I'm thinking this game will be very competitive.

Anyway, last September I took an early morning ferry over Puget Sound to Seattle. I was at the U of Washington campus for some dental work I get there from time to time. I took some random photo's and video clips while in Seattle and at the campus at UW. I then like putting them together in a video, and then adding music that makes some sort of sense and brings meaning to it.

The first minute of the video here, I have a zoom shot (though it's a bit shaky) of the tip of the Space Needle way in the distance. Then you can see Mount Ranier in the distance over the water. Then a minute into the video, the music begins.

So this way you can see some of what Seattle and the UW campus looks like. So here's the video, I hope you enjoy it:

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/sh...g2ORJDzslSDZwn
Reply With Quote
  #1746  
Old 12-03-18, 08:40 AM
Raymo Raymo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 12-30-09
Location: PRO FOOTBALL HOF CITY
Posts: 5,425
Raymo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Jacket06 View Post
I'm more pissed off about Georgia being #5 than Oklahoma getting in. To me that says the committee would have snubbed OSU even if OK lost to Texas. Bad precedent when you leave out a 1-loss conference champ in favor of a 2-loss non-champ.

Oh and Jim Delany can go get boned. His 'aw shucks' act does nothing for the B1G while every other commish lobbies for their conference.
#6 is a slap in the face to OSU and the B1G,watch what happens if they end up with five teams with a loss.
Reply With Quote
  #1747  
Old 12-03-18, 05:15 PM
EagleGuy EagleGuy is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 06-26-16
Location: Greensboro, NC
Posts: 2,647
EagleGuy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle_E_Woyote View Post
Hey, great job by the Buckeye's in their Big 10 Championship win over Northwestern! The Buckeye's now are going to be playing the University of Washington Huskies in the Rose Bowl game.

I'm out here living in the Seattle Area. I've been following the Huskies all season. They were able to pull out a 10-3 win over Utah in the Pac 12 Championship game.

The Huskies quarterback is Jake Browning. He's a 4 year starter at QB. Also, the Huskies have another 4 year starter at running back, Myles Gaskin. He rushed for over 1,300 yards his Freshman year. The Huskies also have the #1 defense in the Pac 12.

The Huskies head coach Chris Peterson, came over in 2014 from his head coaching position at Boise State. You may recall those exciting Boise State teams, with those tricky statue of liberty plays, etc. Well he was the coach there then. And coming to Washington, he's really turned the program around for the better. In 2016, the Huskies made the final 4 of college football.

So it should be a great game this coming New Year. I'd give the Buckeye's the edge in this game, due to their more explosive offense. But I'm thinking this game will be very competitive.

Anyway, last September I took an early morning ferry over Puget Sound to Seattle. I was at the U of Washington campus for some dental work I get there from time to time. I took some random photo's and video clips while in Seattle and at the campus at UW. I then like putting them together in a video, and then adding music that makes some sort of sense and brings meaning to it.

The first minute of the video here, I have a zoom shot (though it's a bit shaky) of the tip of the Space Needle way in the distance. Then you can see Mount Ranier in the distance over the water. Then a minute into the video, the music begins.

So this way you can see some of what Seattle and the UW campus looks like. So here's the video, I hope you enjoy it:

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/sh...g2ORJDzslSDZwn
Great information and video! My sister and her husband lived in Bremerton for several years before moving back to Raleigh. Beautiful setting. Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #1748  
Old 12-03-18, 06:19 PM
zeeman zeeman is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-22-11
Location: in a galaxy far far away
Posts: 6,807
zeeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle_E_Woyote View Post
Hey, great job by the Buckeye's in their Big 10 Championship win over Northwestern! The Buckeye's now are going to be playing the University of Washington Huskies in the Rose Bowl game.

I'm out here living in the Seattle Area. I've been following the Huskies all season. They were able to pull out a 10-3 win over Utah in the Pac 12 Championship game.

The Huskies quarterback is Jake Browning. He's a 4 year starter at QB. Also, the Huskies have another 4 year starter at running back, Myles Gaskin. He rushed for over 1,300 yards his Freshman year. The Huskies also have the #1 defense in the Pac 12.

The Huskies head coach Chris Peterson, came over in 2014 from his head coaching position at Boise State. You may recall those exciting Boise State teams, with those tricky statue of liberty plays, etc. Well he was the coach there then. And coming to Washington, he's really turned the program around for the better. In 2016, the Huskies made the final 4 of college football.

So it should be a great game this coming New Year. I'd give the Buckeye's the edge in this game, due to their more explosive offense. But I'm thinking this game will be very competitive.

Anyway, last September I took an early morning ferry over Puget Sound to Seattle. I was at the U of Washington campus for some dental work I get there from time to time. I took some random photo's and video clips while in Seattle and at the campus at UW. I then like putting them together in a video, and then adding music that makes some sort of sense and brings meaning to it.

The first minute of the video here, I have a zoom shot (though it's a bit shaky) of the tip of the Space Needle way in the distance. Then you can see Mount Ranier in the distance over the water. Then a minute into the video, the music begins.

So this way you can see some of what Seattle and the UW campus looks like. So here's the video, I hope you enjoy it:

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/sh...g2ORJDzslSDZwn
Beautiful
Reply With Quote
  #1749  
Old 12-03-18, 06:55 PM
tom 48 tom 48 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-12-06
Posts: 4,738
tom 48 will become famous soon enough
Univ of Illinois Men's Glee Club sings Carmen Ohio at 4:27:

Reply With Quote
  #1750  
Old 12-03-18, 09:15 PM
falguin falguin is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-04-12
Posts: 1,170
falguin is on a distinguished road
I think tOSU is better than both ND and OU. They also are the only team with the talent to beat Bama. The problem is the team was young and took some time to work out the kinks. Haskins was a first year starter. The oline had some first year starters. How many defensive backs did the Buckeyes have to replace? Linebackers? defensive linemen? TOSU had a lot of shoes to fill and it took awhile for them to gel. Now they are gelling, but it's too late. And next year will be the same thing. The QB will be gone. One of the running backs will be gone. Their two best defensive linemen will be gone. A few of the receivers will be gone. It never stops, and that is why games like Purdue and Iowa happen every so often. And that is why the playoffs should be eight teams.
Reply With Quote
  #1751  
Old 12-03-18, 10:04 PM
Omar Omar is online now
All American
 
Join Date: 11-05-16
Posts: 1,265
Omar is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by falguin View Post
I think tOSU is better than both ND and OU. They also are the only team with the talent to beat Bama. The problem is the team was young and took some time to work out the kinks. Haskins was a first year starter. The oline had some first year starters. How many defensive backs did the Buckeyes have to replace? Linebackers? defensive linemen? TOSU had a lot of shoes to fill and it took awhile for them to gel. Now they are gelling, but it's too late. And next year will be the same thing. The QB will be gone. One of the running backs will be gone. Their two best defensive linemen will be gone. A few of the receivers will be gone. It never stops, and that is why games like Purdue and Iowa happen every so often. And that is why the playoffs should be eight teams.
That Purdue game was mid season, should’ve gelled by then. Also, every good program loses kids to the NFL, no excuse for getting blown out by Iowa or Purdue. A close loss, maybe, but a total blowout should never happen when the talent disparity is that wide.
Reply With Quote
  #1752  
Old 12-03-18, 10:53 PM
FirestoneFan FirestoneFan is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-02-02
Location: Suffield
Posts: 5,537
FirestoneFan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to FirestoneFan
I know I will be watching the Buckeyes in the Rose Bowl. I'm happy with that. A good win and they will be a top 4 team. Seems to me this playoff committee is a little biased. Go back to the rankings with computer rankings and the polls to pick the top 4.

Last edited by FirestoneFan; 12-03-18 at 11:03 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #1753  
Old 12-04-18, 12:00 AM
Kyle_E_Woyote's Avatar
Kyle_E_Woyote Kyle_E_Woyote is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-01-08
Location: Seattle & Irvine, CA
Posts: 7,820
Kyle_E_Woyote is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleGuy View Post
Great information and video! My sister and her husband lived in Bremerton for several years before moving back to Raleigh. Beautiful setting. Thanks.
You're welcome EagleGuy. I'm happy you like the video. Yes, it's really scenic up here. Bremerton is the next town north of where I live in Port Orchard. Bremerton has a ferry that goes directly to downtown Seattle. I usually take the Southworth ferry, which is just 10 minutes away from me and that ferry goes to West Seattle.

I'm thinking that your sister or her husband might be with the Navy or worked at the Naval Shipyard in Bremerton. A lot of Navy people stationed in the area here.

The Rose Bowl game will be the Buckeye's explosive offense vs. the Huskies excellent defense (#1 in the Pac 12).

The Huskies have a balanced offense, with a pretty good passing and running attack. The QB Jake Browning is very experienced, being the starting Husky QB all the 4 years he's been at Washington.

Both the Buckeye's and Huskies have excellent head coaches. This should be a really good game to watch. Probably a pretty physical game too.
Reply With Quote
  #1754  
Old 12-04-18, 01:15 AM
Arrogate Arrogate is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 12-27-16
Location: Not in Price Hill
Posts: 5,302
Arrogate will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirestoneFan View Post
I know I will be watching the Buckeyes in the Rose Bowl. I'm happy with that. A good win and they will be a top 4 team. Seems to me this playoff committee is a little biased. Go back to the rankings with computer rankings and the polls to pick the top 4.
It was posted earlier the BCS system would have had the same 4 teams
Reply With Quote
  #1755  
Old 12-04-18, 01:42 AM
Kyle_E_Woyote's Avatar
Kyle_E_Woyote Kyle_E_Woyote is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-01-08
Location: Seattle & Irvine, CA
Posts: 7,820
Kyle_E_Woyote is on a distinguished road
Here's an article about the Rose Bowl game: https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...the-rose-bowl/
Reply With Quote
  #1756  
Old 12-04-18, 07:46 AM
BR1986FB's Avatar
BR1986FB BR1986FB is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-01-05
Location: Browns Town !!! Better?
Posts: 20,545
BR1986FB is on a distinguished road
No shock here. Urban retiring after the Rose Bowl...Day will replace him.

https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2018/1...place-him.html
Reply With Quote
  #1757  
Old 12-04-18, 07:47 AM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 4,231
Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Urban retiring after the Rose Bowl, per Pete Thamel
Reply With Quote
  #1758  
Old 12-04-18, 08:08 AM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 4,231
Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by falguin View Post
I think tOSU is better than both ND and OU. They also are the only team with the talent to beat Bama. The problem is the team was young and took some time to work out the kinks. Haskins was a first year starter. The oline had some first year starters. How many defensive backs did the Buckeyes have to replace? Linebackers? defensive linemen? TOSU had a lot of shoes to fill and it took awhile for them to gel. Now they are gelling, but it's too late. And next year will be the same thing. The QB will be gone. One of the running backs will be gone. Their two best defensive linemen will be gone. A few of the receivers will be gone. It never stops, and that is why games like Purdue and Iowa happen every so often. And that is why the playoffs should be eight teams.
As an Ohio State fan myself, shove it. It's a weak excuse. Alabama put 12 in the draft last year with another 2 that signed on as UDFA. 10 in the 2017 draft. 7 in 2016. Not once in 2016, 2017 or 2018 did they lose lose by 2+ touchdowns, let alone by 29+. And the 2 teams they did lose to were both legit top 10 teams. Lost by 4 to National Champion Clemson in 2016, lost by 12 to in state rival Auburn who finished the year at #10. They obviously finished the regular season this year undefeated. Clemson put 6 in 2015, 9 in 2016, 6 in 2017. They only put 3 in the 2018 draft, so let's ignore this year. In 2015 Clemson lost 1 game, to National Champions Alabama by 5. In 2016, yes they lost to a very average Pittsburgh team. The difference? They lost by 1. They didn't lose by 29+. Then they made up for that loss by embarrassing OSU by 31 and beating Alabama in the NCG. 2017 was another bad loss, but again it was by a small margin of only 3 points.

Ohio State fans like you want to compare the program to Alabama and Clemson the last few years, but then when they get blown out by average teams you come in with some weak excuse of "oh we lost so many players to the draft" like Alabama and Clemson aren't also losing a bunch of players each year? Get real man.
Reply With Quote
  #1759  
Old 12-04-18, 08:47 AM
nwwarrior09 nwwarrior09 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-11-09
Location: Springfield/Dayton
Posts: 6,934
nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
From Pete Thamel's story, it sounds as if Day will essentially be maintaining the same off-field organization as Meyer had. Mickey Marotti with strength and conditioning, Brian Voltolini as director of operations, Mark Pantoni as personnel director, and Ryan Stamper as player development director. These guys are elite, and I think a big part of elevating Day seems to be maintaining the Meyer program infrastructure.



Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #1760  
Old 12-04-18, 10:04 AM
19AL63 19AL63 is online now
All American
 
Join Date: 03-21-11
Posts: 2,444
19AL63 is on a distinguished road
What about coaches will we get someone new on defense? Will we get someone new on offense or will Day keep that job and be the head . Urban was a great recruiter, maybe better recruiter than coach so will his leaving hurt the program in the near future?
Reply With Quote
  #1761  
Old 12-04-18, 10:36 AM
Raymo Raymo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 12-30-09
Location: PRO FOOTBALL HOF CITY
Posts: 5,425
Raymo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19AL63 View Post
What about coaches will we get someone new on defense? Will we get someone new on offense or will Day keep that job and be the head . Urban was a great recruiter, maybe better recruiter than coach so will his leaving hurt the program in the near future?
Maybe some that info at the 2:00 press conference.
Reply With Quote
  #1762  
Old 12-05-18, 10:14 AM
gooch gooch is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-10-05
Posts: 168
gooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
As an Ohio State fan myself, shove it. It's a weak excuse. Alabama put 12 in the draft last year with another 2 that signed on as UDFA. 10 in the 2017 draft. 7 in 2016. Not once in 2016, 2017 or 2018 did they lose lose by 2+ touchdowns, let alone by 29+. And the 2 teams they did lose to were both legit top 10 teams. Lost by 4 to National Champion Clemson in 2016, lost by 12 to in state rival Auburn who finished the year at #10. They obviously finished the regular season this year undefeated. Clemson put 6 in 2015, 9 in 2016, 6 in 2017. They only put 3 in the 2018 draft, so let's ignore this year. In 2015 Clemson lost 1 game, to National Champions Alabama by 5. In 2016, yes they lost to a very average Pittsburgh team. The difference? They lost by 1. They didn't lose by 29+. Then they made up for that loss by embarrassing OSU by 31 and beating Alabama in the NCG. 2017 was another bad loss, but again it was by a small margin of only 3 points.

Ohio State fans like you want to compare the program to Alabama and Clemson the last few years, but then when they get blown out by average teams you come in with some weak excuse of "oh we lost so many players to the draft" like Alabama and Clemson aren't also losing a bunch of players each year? Get real man.
Thank you! You are one of the FEW OSU fans that actually has some sense.
Reply With Quote
  #1763  
Old 12-06-18, 04:35 AM
Levi Levi is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-29-01
Location: Hoover 22x FED champs
Posts: 29,938
Levi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Levi
Quote:
Originally Posted by falguin View Post
I think tOSU is better than both ND and OU. They also are the only team with the talent to beat Bama. The problem is the team was young and took some time to work out the kinks. Haskins was a first year starter. The oline had some first year starters. How many defensive backs did the Buckeyes have to replace? Linebackers? defensive linemen? TOSU had a lot of shoes to fill and it took awhile for them to gel. Now they are gelling, but it's too late. And next year will be the same thing. The QB will be gone. One of the running backs will be gone. Their two best defensive linemen will be gone. A few of the receivers will be gone. It never stops, and that is why games like Purdue and Iowa happen every so often. And that is why the playoffs should be eight teams.
I agree with this. Notre Dame is the weakest of the 4 and weaker than OSU and Georgia IMHO.
Reply With Quote
  #1764  
Old 12-06-18, 05:56 AM
falguin falguin is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-04-12
Posts: 1,170
falguin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
As an Ohio State fan myself, shove it. It's a weak excuse. Alabama put 12 in the draft last year with another 2 that signed on as UDFA. 10 in the 2017 draft. 7 in 2016. Not once in 2016, 2017 or 2018 did they lose lose by 2+ touchdowns, let alone by 29+. And the 2 teams they did lose to were both legit top 10 teams. Lost by 4 to National Champion Clemson in 2016, lost by 12 to in state rival Auburn who finished the year at #10. They obviously finished the regular season this year undefeated. Clemson put 6 in 2015, 9 in 2016, 6 in 2017. They only put 3 in the 2018 draft, so let's ignore this year. In 2015 Clemson lost 1 game, to National Champions Alabama by 5. In 2016, yes they lost to a very average Pittsburgh team. The difference? They lost by 1. They didn't lose by 29+. Then they made up for that loss by embarrassing OSU by 31 and beating Alabama in the NCG. 2017 was another bad loss, but again it was by a small margin of only 3 points.

Ohio State fans like you want to compare the program to Alabama and Clemson the last few years, but then when they get blown out by average teams you come in with some weak excuse of "oh we lost so many players to the draft" like Alabama and Clemson aren't also losing a bunch of players each year? Get real man.
You must have been waiting for someone to say that tOSU belonged in the NC playoffs because they were young, but if you had half a brain you would have been able to read what I wrote and understand that my argument is a reason to expand the playoffs and not that tOSU should get in. I never said that tOSU belonged in. They don't. Can you read? I don't think you can because if you could read, you would have been able to know why I was advocating for a larger playoff. You just wanted someone to say that they belonged, which I did not say. You get real man and learn too read. And if you can't see that Urban being suspended and all the crap that went down this year would not hurt tOSU a little bit. Then you are a Michigan fan that just likes to say he is an OSU fan so he can sound unbiased. I am arguing that some teams may have stumbled in the regular season that if they played again, that would not happen. The eight team field gives better opportunity for those teams with a loss that would keep them out. So you shove it. No where in my post did I advocate tOSU get in the playoffs. But hey, you sound like a real unbiased fan, and if that makes you feel better, well good for you.
Reply With Quote
  #1765  
Old 12-06-18, 07:32 AM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 4,231
Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by falguin View Post
You must have been waiting for someone to say that tOSU belonged in the NC playoffs because they were young, but if you had half a brain you would have been able to read what I wrote and understand that my argument is a reason to expand the playoffs and not that tOSU should get in. I never said that tOSU belonged in. They don't. Can you read? I don't think you can because if you could read, you would have been able to know why I was advocating for a larger playoff. You just wanted someone to say that they belonged, which I did not say. You get real man and learn too read. And if you can't see that Urban being suspended and all the crap that went down this year would not hurt tOSU a little bit. Then you are a Michigan fan that just likes to say he is an OSU fan so he can sound unbiased. I am arguing that some teams may have stumbled in the regular season that if they played again, that would not happen. The eight team field gives better opportunity for those teams with a loss that would keep them out. So you shove it. No where in my post did I advocate tOSU get in the playoffs. But hey, you sound like a real unbiased fan, and if that makes you feel better, well good for you.
Did you even read my post? I really don't think you did. Nowhere in my post did I say anything about OSU being in or out of the playoffs. The entire post was about both Bama and Clemson, especially Bama, losing similar or more players to the draft each year and neither has been blown out by an average team. I mentioned nothing of the playoffs (other than Bama and Clemson's losses to each other in the NCGs) and the entire post was about your "OSU lost so many guys in the draft. It never stops, and that is why games like Purdue and Iowa happen every so often" cop out excuse. It doesn't happen to Alabama, it doesn't happen to Clemson. Neither have been blown out by 7-5 and 6-6 teams. Take your own suggestion and learn to read.
Reply With Quote
  #1766  
Old 12-06-18, 08:17 AM
Arrogate Arrogate is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 12-27-16
Location: Not in Price Hill
Posts: 5,302
Arrogate will become famous soon enough
He literally calls you out for not being able to read Falquin is the OSU version of 14red. Take a bow

Is this a fake account or serious account? Either way epic.
Reply With Quote
  #1767  
Old 12-06-18, 05:22 PM
falguin falguin is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-04-12
Posts: 1,170
falguin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
Did you even read my post? I really don't think you did. Nowhere in my post did I say anything about OSU being in or out of the playoffs. The entire post was about both Bama and Clemson, especially Bama, losing similar or more players to the draft each year and neither has been blown out by an average team. I mentioned nothing of the playoffs (other than Bama and Clemson's losses to each other in the NCGs) and the entire post was about your "OSU lost so many guys in the draft. It never stops, and that is why games like Purdue and Iowa happen every so often" cop out excuse. It doesn't happen to Alabama, it doesn't happen to Clemson. Neither have been blown out by 7-5 and 6-6 teams. Take your own suggestion and learn to read.
I did read your post, and I think you're wrong. I was just making an argument for how teams develop over the course of a year. TOSU did not look that good until the end of the season. It's not an excuse. It's a fact. So Bama may have had more players ready to step in because they out recruit everyone, but Clemson lost three players last year to the NFL, and they play in the rugged ACC. It's a little easier to recover. I know there is no excuse to getting killed by Purdue, but things like that happen to young teams. They seem to have worked out the problems. By your analysis, tOSU never should have been in the playoffs when they won the NC because a 6-6 VTech killed them. I'm saying that right now the Buckeyes are playing well enough to beat any of those teams in the playoffs. Do they belong there? No, because they lost and three of the four did not, and the fourth team beat a good Texas team. OU's resume is better. But an eight team playoff would protect every team that faces what tOSU did. There have been many teams that got it together at the end of the year. PSU a couple of years ago when tOSU went to the playoffs. I think UCF should have its shot. Your argument is a non-sequitur because it doesn't refute or argue the points I made. If these things happened to those two teams, your argument might have some merit, but they did not. If you can show that losing your head coach for a while didn't hurt those two teams, OK; but that's not what happened. Bama's highest draft pick last year went number 11. TOSU's was number four. There's something to say about that. Some of Bama's players weren't even starters. They just got drafted in the later rounds because they play for Bama. Besides, you did not show that the top eight teams should not be in a playoff.
Reply With Quote
  #1768  
Old 12-06-18, 06:18 PM
Stirred not Shaken Stirred not Shaken is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-05-14
Posts: 3,437
Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Gene Smith said in an interview with Eleven Warriors that he was considering who the next coach at OSU should be if Meyer stepped down, about 1 month ago. According to Smith he was considering an NFL coach and 2 college coaches along with Day, speculation on EW forum is that the NFL coach was Vrabel and the two college coaches were Fickell and Campbell from ISU. It would have been interesting to see if Vrabel would have left the NFL to come to OSU, personally I think he would have.
Reply With Quote
  #1769  
Old 12-06-18, 06:54 PM
Arrogate Arrogate is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 12-27-16
Location: Not in Price Hill
Posts: 5,302
Arrogate will become famous soon enough
So in others words Taco, he didnt read your post....
Reply With Quote
  #1770  
Old 12-06-18, 06:56 PM
Arrogate Arrogate is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 12-27-16
Location: Not in Price Hill
Posts: 5,302
Arrogate will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
Gene Smith said in an interview with Eleven Warriors that he was considering who the next coach at OSU should be if Meyer stepped down, about 1 month ago. According to Smith he was considering an NFL coach and 2 college coaches along with Day, speculation on EW forum is that the NFL coach was Vrabel and the two college coaches were Fickell and Campbell from ISU. It would have been interesting to see if Vrabel would have left the NFL to come to OSU, personally I think he would have.
I agree Vrabel would have left. Titans are bad with no QB. He probably wont last long in the NFL and he would ve walking into a gold mine of talent.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ohio All-Star Wrestling Team 2018-2020 Ohio TofC Wrestling 11 10-15-17 10:51 PM
Waite D-3 District Rankings (Off-Season #1) McClearn7 Wrestling 15 07-22-17 10:47 AM
Junior National Duals- Team Ohio MikeMattin Wrestling 25 06-25-17 09:35 AM
OHSAA 2017 Baseball State Tournament Preview Yappi Baseball 1 05-30-17 11:25 PM
Coshocton D-3 District Rankings (off season #1) McClearn7 Wrestling 3 05-30-17 07:19 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:55 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz