Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-16-18, 12:49 PM
Freshman

Gymshoeworkboot is on a distinguished road
Mount Healthy @ Harrison

Thoughts? Huge playoff and Swoc implications
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-18, 03:21 PM
All Region

EXPRESS is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gymshoeworkboot View Post
Thoughts? Huge playoff and Swoc implications
I think with most of the injured players back this week for Harrison they win this one. Harrison will put up 30+ and cause MH to have to play catch up which will help out the harrison defense. 35-21 Harrison.
Old 10-16-18, 03:34 PM
Varsity

quacker835 is on a distinguished road
Even with Harrison getting players back this week I think itís a tight game. Itís all on the defense which has been suspect for past 3-4 years. Offense will score but think qb will have some rust and his inability to read progress will stunt the offense. Harrison 28 Owls 21
Old 10-16-18, 04:01 PM
All Region

Weather might be a factor as well, looks like rain, will make for a sloppy mess to run in.
Old 10-16-18, 04:07 PM
Moderated User

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXPRESS View Post
Weather might be a factor as well, looks like rain, will make for a sloppy mess to run in.
Uh if Harrison QB cant run the ball, changes the whole game. Don't know how bad he is injured, it goes from nothing to a separated shoulder on here. Healthy is a different team with that 225 lb "transfer" at fullback. Healthy QB is really fast and they have the Kelly brothers on jet sweep and reverses. 2 D1 kids on defense.
Old 10-16-18, 06:32 PM
All Ohio

PeterDragon is on a distinguished road
This is a huge game that's not getting much hype. I like Mt. Healthy simply because I feel they have been sneaking up on people after a slow start. What are they doing with Lainer now that they have a new FB?
Old 10-16-18, 06:35 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDragon View Post
This is a huge game that's not getting much hype. I like Mt. Healthy simply because I feel they have been sneaking up on people after a slow start. What are they doing with Lainer now that they have a new FB?
Uh, inside linebacker a much better natural position. Big fast and mean.Mincy totally changed this team.
Old 10-16-18, 06:36 PM
Varsity

Talking to my Harrison peeps they very concerned. For all the reasons already stated. Harrison canít get over the hump off 1 and done in playoffs. It starts with big games like this one. I believe Harrison wins this game 7/10 times but itís those 3x that trip em up at the worst times.
Old 10-16-18, 06:39 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by quacker835 View Post
Talking to my Harrison peeps they very concerned. For all the reasons already stated. Harrison canít get over the hump off 1 and done in playoffs. It starts with big games like this one. I believe Harrison wins this game 7/10 times but itís those 3x that trip em up at the worst times.
Uh, not sure. You must admit Harrison has trouble stopping the run. Healthys fullback is probably one of the best in the league, and the QB is super fast. Healthy makes a lot of mistakes in every game, but those kids are really talented.
Old 10-16-18, 07:16 PM
Varsity

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...ll/1654851002/
Old 10-16-18, 07:21 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by quacker835 View Post
Uh Healthy is very fast at every position. Howard and Phelps are D1 college players. Mincy is 215 lb bowling ball. Good luck trying to tackle him.QB is one of the fastest kids in the league, hey have the Kelly brothers on sweep and reverses. Harrison QB is the best in the league, but I don't know about this game.Good Luck
Old 10-17-18, 07:45 AM
All Region

I think Harrison can edge this one out bc MH will make a lot of mistakes. One of my concern is that Harrison defensive strategy always seems to be off and adjustments happen very slowly. Further, we still have some young kids on D that lack experience and we seem to have a few kids out of position from previous injuries. I think our QB is close to 100% but will be interesting to see how it affects his running game.
Old 10-17-18, 09:50 AM
Freshman

Triplecattt is on a distinguished road
I’ve seen mth and when they limit the mental errors they are very very scary. I like what they are doing on offense as well with the triple option and getting into their spread stuff to. This is going to be a great game! Harrison squeaks it out 28-21
Old 10-17-18, 10:27 AM
All American

marvinlewis08 is on a distinguished road
I've had a chance to see both teams, here's what ole Marv thinks:

On defense...
* Got to give MH the edge, fast and good size. Played a tough non-conf schedule and competed for better part of games against Anderson and Sycamore. Anderson pass offense scored on big plays in second half (which could benefit Harrison)

On offense...
* MH has definitely improved in their running game and overall offense since the return of Mincey at fb. However, I think Harrison's offense has consistently been better all year. If the QB at Harrison is healthy, gotta go with the Wildcats in this category.

On special teams...
*I don't think Harrison's ST is anything spectacular but will give them the nod in this category based on 2 things 1) they have a better kicker and the ability to kick fg's 2) MH goes for fake punts that put their defense in peculiar situations (which against Harrison may cost you points)

Coaching...
*Going with the Owls, while Coach Crouch has been at MH he is 7-2 against the Wildcats. He and his staff have proven to find a way to win in this game. With that being said 'Cats have taken the last 2. So momentum might be on their side??

Final Analysis:
My heart says for MH to win they need to create some turnovers on defense and eliminate big plays. Harrison will move the ball through the air. Be patient and make plays when the field shrinks. MH must control the ball on offense and eliminate Harrison touches.

For Harrison to win they need to simply out score the Owls, as I don't see their defense getting many stops (unless Owls put the ball on the ground). Their offense MUST move the ball vertically to challenge the Owls.

*Game is at Harrison on sloppy field +for Harrison (supposed to rain)

For Owls to win I see the score 28-21 (MH has to keep Harrison offense in check)

For Wildcats to win I see the score 35-28 (I don't see Harrison D getting a lot of stops, without MH help)
Old 10-17-18, 04:32 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinlewis08 View Post
I've had a chance to see both teams, here's what ole Marv thinks:

On defense...
* Got to give MH the edge, fast and good size. Played a tough non-conf schedule and competed for better part of games against Anderson and Sycamore. Anderson pass offense scored on big plays in second half (which could benefit Harrison)

On offense...
* MH has definitely improved in their running game and overall offense since the return of Mincey at fb. However, I think Harrison's offense has consistently been better all year. If the QB at Harrison is healthy, gotta go with the Wildcats in this category.

On special teams...
*I don't think Harrison's ST is anything spectacular but will give them the nod in this category based on 2 things 1) they have a better kicker and the ability to kick fg's 2) MH goes for fake punts that put their defense in peculiar situations (which against Harrison may cost you points)

Coaching...
*Going with the Owls, while Coach Crouch has been at MH he is 7-2 against the Wildcats. He and his staff have proven to find a way to win in this game. With that being said 'Cats have taken the last 2. So momentum might be on their side??

Final Analysis:
My heart says for MH to win they need to create some turnovers on defense and eliminate big plays. Harrison will move the ball through the air. Be patient and make plays when the field shrinks. MH must control the ball on offense and eliminate Harrison touches.

For Harrison to win they need to simply out score the Owls, as I don't see their defense getting many stops (unless Owls put the ball on the ground). Their offense MUST move the ball vertically to challenge the Owls.

*Game is at Harrison on sloppy field +for Harrison (supposed to rain)

For Owls to win I see the score 28-21 (MH has to keep Harrison offense in check)

For Wildcats to win I see the score 35-28 (I don't see Harrison D getting a lot of stops, without MH help)
Uh, Marv how ya doin? Game depends on the Harrison QB ability to run the ball. If he cant game over.
Old 10-19-18, 06:32 PM
All District

snowman33 is on a distinguished road
Harrison up 3-0 at the end of the 1st
Old 10-19-18, 07:14 PM
All District

Harrison up 24-6 at the half
Old 10-19-18, 08:09 PM
All District

Harrison up 31-14 early in the 4th