Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-16-18, 07:03 PM
Moderated User

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manmythlegeng66 View Post
Hoser were you at the LM game last week instead of Edgewood? From what I remember LM scored first. Ross never led. Then LM tried a trick play with Patton and there was an interception that got returned. LM held Ross to 3. Ross scored one more time in second half I believe, when they went to the hurry up. I could be wrong but that is how I remembered it.

As for the parents no clue, but weather was an issue last Friday with all the rain.
Uh, I do believe Ross kicked a field goal and led 3-0. Could be wrong going on film sometimes is not right.
Old 10-16-18, 08:00 PM
All Ohio

PeterDragon is on a distinguished road
I think Ross did score first but I could be wrong as well. I think LM turned it over on downs on the opening possession. Then Ross fumbled and Patton threw a pick, which led to the field goal.
Old 10-17-18, 04:31 AM
Varsity

Manmythlegeng66 is on a distinguished road
I was at the game and checked what I thought against what SWOC scoring drives said. And according to Swoc LM led first. But then again my old memory could be failing me!lol
Old 10-17-18, 07:35 AM
All American

Running Man 101 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDragon View Post
I could be wrong but I believe Mahon has more control of the schedule than Pantling. I don't mind one cupcake game and I think we should play Goshen every year. With the other non league game i would like to see a Norwood or Wilmington or even Loveland. One of the old FAVC rivials.
New AD had nothing to do with this years schedule. The schedule is fine this year for LM.

Harrison has a nice grass field. Some people actually played on grass for every game with a nice 3ft to 4ft crown, complete with lines you could trip over because the chalk build-up was 3" high.

My personal feelings are LM played some of these other teams and has had to learn how to win, which takes time. They are a much better team this year.
Old 10-17-18, 04:37 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Ok So we are all in the same page. Theoretically this game is for the title. If Edgewood wins as long as they win the next game they are the SWOC champion. If LM wins then they will be co champs with Harrison If Harrison wins out.

Now for the playoffs according the fantastic 50, LM has to win one of there next 2 games to be in. The difference being if they beat Edgewood they will most likely lock up a home game. That also bodes well for Harrison since they beat LM. If Edgewood wins they are in. And may get a home game as a 4 seed. But Edgewood and Harrison are both one loss from not making it since they have 2 already. According to the same site they believe all 3 are playing in November.

As for the game this will be a tough matchup. Edgewood is good. But after watching Ross who in theory is the same type of offense except without the athletes it will be close. Whoever can establish the run and get some big plays will win. LM has a better passing game than Edgewood. Edgewood run game is better. Defense is same. LM guys are smaller and faster on D. Edgewood is big and physical. I trust Reder more than the Edwood QB. Against Ross he got a nasty helmet hit that took him out for a Quarter but he is cleared and good to go. Didn't see any injuries on the Edgewood side. This is the classic Bengals Steelers type match up, LM is the new guy, the Bengals, and the Swoc and the playoffs go through Edgewood the Steelers. If you want to be the champ you have to beat the champ.
Uh Edgewood has to win out to get in.Period.
Old 10-17-18, 06:51 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1oldballcoach View Post
Heck yea I am on board with this but could make for a long week at work.
Uh, I am beginning to think you guys just like to drink.
Old 10-17-18, 06:55 PM
Varsity

1oldballcoach is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh, I am beginning to think you guys just like to drink.
Yes.... Besides the tailgates at St. X and all the privates the rat pack tailgates are the best. Plenty of red solo cups!!
Old 10-17-18, 06:58 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1oldballcoach View Post
Yes.... Besides the tailgates at St. X and all the privates the rat pack tailgates are the best. Plenty of red solo cups!!
Uh, no doubt.
Old 10-18-18, 08:36 AM
All Ohio

Well I'm the town drunk so no dispute coming from me.
Old 10-18-18, 11:22 AM
All American

SouthwestOhioGuy17 is on a distinguished road
Edgewood-Little Miami

Little Miami eager for its shot at Edgewood, SWOC championship

https://www.journal-news.com/sports/...GeM47jAuBL41H/
Old 10-18-18, 04:18 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXPRESS View Post
The turf at Harrison was in great shape for that game and Harrison had to play in the same conditions. That field is well cared for and not like Ross with the 10-ft crown in the middle.
Uh nah a grass field is not good. Mud, bare spots, and bad footing between the 40s is there every season.
Old 10-18-18, 05:18 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthwestOhioGuy17 View Post
Little Miami eager for its shot at Edgewood, SWOC championship

https://www.journal-news.com/sports/...GeM47jAuBL41H/
Nice article. Some good quotes from Coach Mahon. I think Edgewood 's size advantage and experience in big games will be the difference. LM will need some turnovers or a big play on special teams.

I'm picking Edgewood 28-14.
Old 10-18-18, 05:34 PM
All Ohio

Pull-to-Trap is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Nice article. Some good quotes from Coach Mahon. I think Edgewood 's size advantage and experience in big games will be the difference. LM will need some turnovers or a big play on special teams.

I'm picking Edgewood 28-14.

Just depends on the defense. If they show up like last week it will be over early. If they donít it will be a high scoring game.

Should be a good one. LM gets in the playoffs either way I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-18, 06:10 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull-to-Trap View Post
Just depends on the defense. If they show up like last week it will be over early. If they donít it will be a high scoring game.

Should be a good one. LM gets in the playoffs either way I think.

Uh, depends on the Edgewood secondary and the pass rush. LM QB is really good can hurt you running and passing.Edgewood needs to control the ball and not get beat deep.
Old 10-18-18, 06:32 PM
Junior Varsity

Pantherdadof2 is on a distinguished road
We need to figure out how to stop Edgewoods run game. Over the past 3 years we have been out scored around 124-40. D-line must come up big and the backers must read the keys. Our Qb must get some confidence early for this to be a game. Biggest game for the Panthers in a long long time. Look forward to Friday night in Trenton.
Old 10-19-18, 08:21 AM
Freshman

rocketcy7 is on a distinguished road
ive been reading alot of this stuff. your killing me. are you guys trying to impress each other with your "football smarts"? let the boys play and quit worrying about blueprints, nathan lamb, two grown men who want to fight because they are reliving their high school football days through their sons, TE, QBR, WW, and how bad the field was in harrison. Let Mahon coach. Unless you want to do it. He has enough worries about getting his team ready to play then to worry about people coaching from YAPPI or the sidelines. Coach and the boys will find a way to get it done tonight. If you cant run...Throw. If you cant throw....run. ITS THAT SIMPLE.
Old 10-19-18, 01:04 PM
All Region

NewOldBlood is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketcy7 View Post
ive been reading alot of this stuff. your killing me. are you guys trying to impress each other with your "football smarts"? let the boys play and quit worrying about blueprints, nathan lamb, two grown men who want to fight because they are reliving their high school football days through their sons, TE, QBR, WW, and how bad the field was in harrison. Let Mahon coach. Unless you want to do it. He has enough worries about getting his team ready to play then to worry about people coaching from YAPPI or the sidelines. Coach and the boys will find a way to get it done tonight. If you cant run...Throw. If you cant throw....run. ITS THAT SIMPLE.
It's a message board, about high school football, and while I agree with some of what your saying, the discussions about the games and how the teams need to improve or what they need to do to win the games is what it's about. I would suggest if you don't like the content you find something else to do with your time.
Old 10-19-18, 05:13 PM
Varsity

quacker835 is on a distinguished road
Well itís a huge week for the swoc. 2 big games to decide the championship I believe that Edgewood pulls this game out. Think they can control clock with the some old run plays and keep LM off field. If Edgewood decides to get cute and fancy well then they have a issue. As far as Harrison v owls. Itís gonna be a a war of scoring. Think cats can score more consistently but their defense is very susceptible to big plays. And thatís exactly what owls bring. Actually think cats owls game be a better game from a fan perspective. Itís gonna be a toss up but cats eek it out. Edgewood wins by double digits with no real stress. Not a blow out but not stressed much
Old 10-19-18, 08:27 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by quacker835 View Post
Well itís a huge week for the swoc. 2 big games to decide the championship I believe that Edgewood pulls this game out. Think they can control clock with the some old run plays and keep LM off field. If Edgewood decides to get cute and fancy well then they have a issue. As far as Harrison v owls. Itís gonna be a a war of scoring. Think cats can score more consistently but their defense is very susceptible to big plays. And thatís exactly what owls bring. Actually think cats owls game be a better game from a fan perspective. Itís gonna be a toss up but cats eek it out. Edgewood wins by doubl Edgewoode digits with no real stress. Not a blow out but not stressed much
Uh Edglewood wins 20 0 uh game, over bye bye.Uh Little Miamai got smoked.,
Old 10-19-18, 08:32 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by quacker835 View Post
Well itís a huge week for the swoc. 2 big games to decide the championship I believe that Edgewood pulls this game out. Think they can control clock with the some old run plays and keep LM off field. If Edgewood decides to get cute and fancy well then they have a issue. As far as Harrison v owls. Itís gonna be a a war of scoring. Think cats can score more consistently but their defense is very susceptible to big plays. And thatís exactly what owls bring. Actually think cats owls game be a better game from a fan perspective. Itís gonna be a toss up but cats eek it out. Edgewood wins by double digits with no real stress. Not a blow out but not stressed much
,Uh nah Harrison is the second most team in the league.
Old 10-19-18, 08:38 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketcy7 View Post
Uh Edgewood killed Little Miami ,Uh deal with it.
Old 10-19-18, 08:44 PM
All Ohio

It was a pretty good game actually. Starters got to play the whole game, LM band was great as usual.

LM did a pretty good job shutting down the outside run. Edgewood came out flat on offense but the defense was on fire. OC stayed with the plan, mixed it up a bit with run and pass. The offense got their issues sorted out, which was basically blocking, and scored a couple more times in the second half.

LM offense never got going and the defense softened up a bit. We do appreciate Pattan getting those extra touches this game, a lot actually, the two yards per carry and two fumbles really helped out. Itís hard to overcome three turnovers against good competition.

LM is missing a few pieces but may catch somebody in the playoffs.

Good luck to you.

Old 10-19-18, 09:03 PM
All Ohio

We gave it our best shot. Edgewood was the better team.

We do have the Band in demand. The Best Damn Band in the Land. You may have won the game but we won the halftime show.
Old 10-19-18, 09:04 PM
All World

cheaptilt is on a distinguished road
good game Edgewood's defense played lights out and inspired for the 3rd week in a row. I the one HUGE observation from the game is LM coach quit on that team today. Down 3 scores with over 5 min left he allowed the clock to run down to 1 sec and call a time out only to punt (multiple times)??????? Who does that? Someone please help me understand that. Unless he was just trying to keep the game to 20-0 and no worse. Like I said that it's unreal to me that any coach would do that for any reason.
Old 10-19-18, 09:12 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
We gave it our best shot. Edgewood was the better team.

We do have the Band in demand. The Best Damn Band in the Land. You may have won the game but we won the halftime show.

We never win the halftime show. The only person that should feel worse then Mahon tonight is the Edgewood band director having to follow you guys up.

Old 10-19-18, 09:16 PM
All Ohio

Thanks for the kind words PTT. If we do sneak in the playoffs we want no part of you guys. Like Apollo Creed says at the end of Rocky, "Ain't gonna be no rematch, ain't gonna be no rematch."
Old 10-19-18, 09:24 PM
Varsity

Manmythlegeng66 is on a distinguished road
Edgewood brought it tonight. Good game. The defense played the best they could. They looked really good. Even had a shot at some big plays. Don't know what's up with the play calling tonight. I thought a little higher of Mahon then what I saw tonight. A little disappointed. Hopefully they can take care of business and get a shot to play in the post season.
Old 10-19-18, 09:26 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Thanks for the kind words PTT. If we do sneak in the playoffs we want no part of you guys. Like Apollo Creed says at the end of Rocky, "Ain't gonna be no rematch, ain't gonna be no rematch."

You never know.....

Old 10-19-18, 09:28 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Edgewood brought it tonight. Good game. The defense played the best they could. They looked really good. Even had a shot at some big plays. Don't know what's up with the play calling tonight. I thought a little higher of Mahon then what I saw tonight. A little disappointed. Hopefully they can take care of business and get a shot to play in the post season.

Yeah, not sure what he was up to there.

Old 10-19-18, 09:45 PM
Varsity

quacker835 is on a distinguished road
Nice win for the cougars. LM is a nice team but didnít have enough this year. But that being said showed well. Think swoc should have 2 teams representing in playoffs. As far as your comment UH Uh. Your a joke and a child. Just take your win and be proud. Donít come in here and talk your junk. Your a and an embarrassment to Edgewood.