Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-15-18, 08:41 PM
All District

triple option is on a distinguished road
Heck of a year so far Bellbrook, you guys were over looked and here you set at the top! congrats coach Jenkins and players from CM. Its not over, but its real close!
Old 10-15-18, 09:14 PM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
At this point we will never know who is better. Bellbrook has had stiffer competition and, therefore, better wins.
Old 10-16-18, 09:08 AM
All American

tonka is on a distinguished road
I am curious what happened with VV this year? I know they had some tough losses to Madison and Fort early but are they young? Just didn't execute in close games? Did they lose a lot from last years undefeated team? It looks like they were the only team to play Madison to a close game this year.
Old 10-16-18, 11:25 AM
All Region

NewOldBlood is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessEmAll View Post
At this point we will never know who is better. Bellbrook has had stiffer competition and, therefore, better wins.
You're right, we'll never know but having seen both teams play, I think Madison has the better d-line and o-line is probably a wash. I'm a firm believer that in high school football that team that wins in the trenches more often than not wins the game. I think head to head, Madison would win that battle against Bellbrook. And seeing that Madison beat what will likely be the 2nd and 3rd place teams from the SW division, I'm not sure your stiffer competition argument holds up. But that being said, I think Bellbrook is having a great year and I'll be rooting for them to make some noise in the playoffs. Wish they were in Region 12 though, might make it a little easier to get out and watch them.
Old 10-16-18, 02:54 PM
All Ohio

IRLMN1999 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonka View Post
I am curious what happened with VV this year? I know they had some tough losses to Madison and Fort early but are they young? Just didn't execute in close games? Did they lose a lot from last years undefeated team? It looks like they were the only team to play Madison to a close game this year.
Culmination of a lot of things, lost a lot of players from last years dominant squad, have had a ton of injuries this year which doesnít help.. theyíll be back next year
Old 10-16-18, 03:56 PM
Moderated User

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOldBlood View Post
You're right, we'll never know but having seen both teams play, I think Madison has the better d-line and o-line is probably a wash. I'm a firm believer that in high school football that team that wins in the trenches more often than not wins the game. I think head to head, Madison would win that battle against Bellbrook. And seeing that Madison beat what will likely be the 2nd and 3rd place teams from the SW division, I'm not sure your stiffer competition argument holds up. But that being said, I think Bellbrook is having a great year and I'll be rooting for them to make some noise in the playoffs. Wish they were in Region 12 though, might make it a little easier to get out and watch them.
Uh, Madisons O and D lines are the best in this league for a long time.Probably back to the Valley View glory years.Madison kids are big, fast, strong, and mobile.I haven't seen the other top5 in the state in D5, but it is hard to believe anybody in D5 can compete with Madison at the line of scrimmage.
Old 10-17-18, 04:25 PM
All American

SouthwestOhioGuy17 is on a distinguished road
Monroe Hornets

Monroe, Stubbs hoping to finish strong, but major challenges loom

https://www.journal-news.com/sports/...UflGeMMgPJSZI/
Old 10-18-18, 08:26 PM
All District

LLJJ is on a distinguished road
Old 10-19-18, 07:02 PM
All Region

BBfootball92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Bellbrook 35
Oakwood 0

End of 1st quarter

Real barn burner for the rivalry game
Old 10-19-18, 07:41 PM
All Region

55-0 bellbroook at halftime
Old 10-19-18, 08:27 PM
All Yappi

Milton Union 61-0 over Dixie. 1st 2nd and 3rd stringers score for Milton. 49-0 at half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-22-18, 12:00 AM
All District

NewBlood is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballFreak02 View Post
Franklin Wildcst football has turned into a friends and family organization. If your friends or family with the coaches. You get playing time. It’s so sad. I hate it for the community. No longer does the best players get to play. We beat Bellbrook and Xenia if it wasn’t for these selfish coaches.
BTW...some think they would have beat Edgewood too and be sitting on just the Madison loss...
So sad...But that is what the fans I spoke with are saying ....The 1st responsibility of a HIGH SCHOOL adult coach is to prepare these kids for life . Integrity and values that teach how to win with hard work and effort ...not to be handed things ...
I saw early in the year the Sr qb Bowermaster was not going to get the job no matter what ....lol...HE DEFINITELY earned his chance with a great performance in the 4th QT of the Xenia game ...but he didn't get it ..WHY..Woods dad is a coach....what a shame ..I hope that kid doesn't use this bad experience as an excuse to not try hard in life ...AND I hope the Woods kid adjusts too when his dad can't get him a promotion in his job later ... But we shouldn't make too much of HS FB...just a game ...kids can have fun and learn from the experience ...no more no less.. none of those kids will make a living in FB...take it for what it is.
Old 10-22-18, 05:32 AM
All Yappi

Week 10:
Standings:
Southwestern;
Bellbrook 9-0/ 5-0
Franklin 5-4/ 4-1
Brookville 6-3/ 3-2
Valley View 5-4/3-2
Monroe 2-7/2-3
Oakwood 2-7/1-4
Eaton 0-7/0-9

Buckeye;
Madison 9-0/5-0
Milton-Union 5-4/4-1
Waynesville 6-3/4-1
Northridge 4-5/2-3
Preble Shawnee 3-6/2-3
Dixie 1-8/1-5
Carlisle 0-9/0-5

Week 10 match-ups:
Bellbrook vs Monroe
Franklin vs Oakwood
Brookville vs Valley View
Madison vs Waynesville
Milton-Union vs Carlisle
Northridge vs Preble Shawnee
Eaton vs Dixie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-22-18, 06:16 AM
Junior Varsity

FootballFreak02 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBlood View Post
BTW...some think they would have beat Edgewood too and be sitting on just the Madison loss...
So sad...But that is what the fans I spoke with are saying ....The 1st responsibility of a HIGH SCHOOL adult coach is to prepare these kids for life . Integrity and values that teach how to win with hard work and effort ...not to be handed things ...
I saw early in the year the Sr qb Bowermaster was not going to get the job no matter what ....lol...HE DEFINITELY earned his chance with a great performance in the 4th QT of the Xenia game ...but he didn't get it ..WHY..Woods dad is a coach....what a shame ..I hope that kid doesn't use this bad experience as an excuse to not try hard in life ...AND I hope the Woods kid adjusts too when his dad can't get him a promotion in his job later ... But we shouldn't make too much of HS FB...just a game ...kids can have fun and learn from the experience ...no more no less.. none of those kids will make a living in FB...take it for what it is.
Well said. I am disappointed with this staff I guess. I have witnessed how other staffs have handled this program in years past and know the talent that could be on the field. They finally got around to playing their best DB and he has made an immediate impact. What took so long? They have sacrificed the season for their personal agenda, but I will continue root, pull and cheer like I’ve done for the past 35 years for this program.

Last edited by FootballFreak02; 10-22-18 at 04:37 PM.
Old 10-22-18, 07:45 AM
All American

Captain Awesome is on a distinguished road
Braden Woods is one of the best kids off the field to walk the earth, anyone who knows him personally would never say anything negative about him. The type of kid you hope your daughter marries one day. Stand up student, christian, and a good football player on top of that. He will be successful in life and doesn't need his dads help, bank on that.
Old 10-22-18, 07:58 AM
All World

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh, Madisons O and D lines are the best in this league for a long time.Probably back to the Valley View glory years.Madison kids are big, fast, strong, and mobile.I haven't seen the other top5 in the state in D5, but it is hard to believe anybody in D5 can compete with Madison at the line of scrimmage.
Uh if Massie doesn't turn the ball over, I would say game over. That was your quote before the Coldwater vs Massie game. Madison may or may not win D - 5 but your knowledge of H.S. football is very "limited" to say the least.
Old 10-22-18, 08:04 AM
All Region

BB fighting back and forth for the #1 spot in region 11 needs to score major points again this week against Monroe and also have some other teams pick up victories , tipp over piqua would be a big one !
Does Monroe have what it takes to give bb a good game or scare on senior night , their coaches last game heading into retirement ?

Bb is hitting their stride again the past 2 weeks putting up 61 and 56 against brookville and oakwood , we went through a stretch mid season where we were banged up and hit with some injury bugs to a handful of guys . Right now weíre rught where we need to be heading into the playoffs , healthy .

I hope both Madison and bellbrook makes decent runs for the league , not to sure if anyone else gets on donít believe so .

As for the game Friday

Iíll go

Bb 42
Monroe 14
Old 10-22-18, 08:39 AM
All Region

NewOldBlood is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
Uh if Massie doesn't turn the ball over, I would say game over. That was your quote before the Coldwater vs Massie game. Madison may or may not win D - 5 but your knowledge of H.S. football is very "limited" to say the least.
You won't catch me defending the old hosebag too often, but he is right about the Madison line. Big, strong, quick, and aggressive across the board. I can't imagine they won't have the advantage at the line of scrimmage during the playoffs.
Old 10-22-18, 08:43 AM
All Yappi

Bellbrook 56
Monroe 21

MU 42
Carlisle 20

Madison 35
Waynesville 8

Brookville 21
Valley View 28

Preble Shawnee 19
Northridge 22

Eaton 7
Dixie 3
Old 10-22-18, 09:26 AM
All American

tonka is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You won't catch me defending the old hosebag too often, but he is right about the Madison line. Big, strong, quick, and aggressive across the board. I can't imagine they won't have the advantage at the line of scrimmage during the playoffs.
You win up front unless you have high-level, game changing talent on the outside. Wheelersburg is the only team that has that with the QB/WR combo. I think the state championship comes down to that game.
Old 10-22-18, 09:37 AM
All Ohio

dograt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Just wondering how Madison will do IF they play someone with a line close to theirs. Are they good or just BIG? They have pushed everyone around so much, do they know what to do if they can't win just on brute strength?

Not a knock, I just don't think they have had the chance to prove it yet. They might not need to, but I imagine someone will come close?
Old 10-22-18, 10:59 AM
Freshman

CatsFan2018 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
We said. I am disappointed with this staff I guess. I have witnessed how other staffs have handled this program in years past and know the talent that could be on the field. They finally got around to playing their best DB and he has made an immediate impact. What took so long? They have sacrificed the season for their personal agenda, but I will continue root, pull and cheer like Iíve done for the past 35 years for this program.
What is your coaching experience? Franklins best DB is a Junior, Willis #24 and is out with an hand injury.
Old 10-22-18, 11:08 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Braden Woods is one of the best kids off the field to walk the earth, anyone who knows him personally would never say anything negative about him. The type of kid you hope your daughter marries one day. Stand up student, christian, and a good football player on top of that. He will be successful in life and doesn't need his dads help, bank on that.
No denying that.
Old 10-22-18, 11:11 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatsFan2018 View Post
What is your coaching experience? Franklins best DB is a Junior, Willis #24 and is out with an hand injury.
Unfortunately injuries has robbed him of his junior year. Heís a heck of an athlete. Tough as they come.
Old 10-22-18, 03:21 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Uh, I still say had Franklin stayed with offense they played last year 9-1 or 8-2. Brought in a newOC changed everything.Woods is an excellent QB in the wrong offense.Lots of good players on this team.Centers might be the best player in this league.
Old 10-22-18, 07:56 PM
All District

Quote:
Hey Captain...I heard EXACTLY the same thing about the Bowermaster kid ..lol...But maybe you know something others don't ...lol...BUT,,the issue is that the Woods kid DID receive an big advantage because his dad is coach...and the other kid got shortchanged ...that is a shame ...Stick to the issue ..if its about the kids character then tell me why you think Woods has more than the Bowermaster kid ...that is NOT what I have heard...
Old 10-22-18, 08:01 PM
All District

Quote:
No denying that.
Are we denying that about the Bowermaster kid ??? Tell me why he didn't get a start after the Xenia game ? Woods had 1 TD in 3 games ...He had 3 tds in one qt...I have no ax to gring against the
woods kid...but don't piss on Bowermasters leg and tell him its just raining ...it really irks me when adults act like HS FB is life and death and they show obvious favorites ..like the coaches did in this case ...but that is the folly of HS FB...I expect it ...lol
Old 10-22-18, 08:14 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Hey Captain...I heard EXACTLY the same thing about the Bowermaster kid ..lol...But maybe you know something others don't ...lol...BUT,,the issue is that the Woods kid DID receive an big advantage because his dad is coach...and the other kid got shortchanged ...that is a shame ...Stick to the issue ..if its about the kids character then tell me why you think Woods has more than the Bowermaster kid ...that is NOT what I have heard...
Uh would really like to see the Woods kid at Edgewood
Old 10-22-18, 08:21 PM
All American

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dograt View Post
Just wondering how Madison will do IF they play someone with a line close to theirs. Are they good or just BIG? They have pushed everyone around so much, do they know what to do if they can't win just on brute strength?

Not a knock, I just don't think they have had the chance to prove it yet. They might not need to, but I imagine someone will come close?
Anna has a pretty good offensive line themselves. Hoping to see a rematch in the State Semifinal.
Old 10-22-18, 09:28 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Are we denying that about the Bowermaster kid ??? Tell me why he didn't get a start after the Xenia game ? Woods had 1 TD in 3 games ...He had 3 tds in one qt...I have no ax to gring against the
woods kid...but don't piss on Bowermasters leg and tell him its just raining ...it really irks me when adults act like HS FB is life and death and they show obvious favorites ..like the coaches did in this case ...but that is the folly of HS FB...I expect it ...lol
Absolutely not. Jake is a great kid. We all know why he is being denied playing time. I donít like it. Itís a different season in my opinion with some personel moves on both sides of the ball.