Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-15-18, 07:25 PM
Moderated User

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull-to-Trap View Post
85% chance the JTMs will be burnt and the Coke will be warm.
Eat more chicken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Uh more than a 50% chance its going to rain
Old 10-15-18, 08:12 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1oldballcoach View Post
I haven't been sold on the d-line all year. We gotta stack the box like everyone else does against Edgewood and hope for the best. Not sure helmet for helmet we match up and of course our schedule like everyone knows is good for wins but not good for preparing for big games. This was evident in the 2nd half against Harrison.
Uh think this game will be won at the line of scrimmage just like 90% of high school games. Can Edgewood kids knock the LM kids off the ball? Can the EDGEWOOD d-line put pressure on the LM QB and still keep outside contain? Uh be there or be square.
Old 10-16-18, 09:16 AM
Freshman

TrojanTransplant is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh nah you have to have some big plays to score. 6 yards a carry from the 20 would require 13 plays with no penalties or misplays to score. Not gonna happen. Throw it deep at least a couple of times.

I canít believe I actually agree with you. I said this in the WW thread, I didnít mind the play calling in the WW game. You have to break tendencies in big games, and you DEFINITELY have to throw the ball to at least give them something to think about. Iíve seen a drastic change in your posts, but Iíve yet to see you say you were wrong about the Cougars getting massacred in the WW game.

Old 10-16-18, 09:19 AM
Freshman

Quote:
Wonít work against an athletically superior team. Plays must hit quick, you have to be smart and tough. Even if you could give the QB enough time the receivers would never get enough separation to complete the pass.

Edgewood QB is accurate, the TEs and backs catch well but a deep threat WR hasnít developed yet. How could it when your running the ball 400 yards per game.

Do what works.

You have lost all credibility here. The Edge QB is far from accurate, which again, is something I eluded to in the WW post. I would hardly call a 39.6% completion % accurate.

Old 10-16-18, 09:23 AM
All Ohio

speedthatkills is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Uh all year Edgewood JV and freshmen have been combined because teams don't a freshman team. Kids playing positions they are not familiar with, QBs handing off to kids they haven't repped with and coaches trying to get everybody in the game.UH not good.
Pretty sure the league voted to move away from freshman and jv, and just have a JV A and JV B. On some level this seems like sematics but I actually like this. Make JV something to work towards for a freshman and give the jr and sr that have not shot at real playing time some minutes on JVB.
Old 10-16-18, 11:17 AM
All Ohio

Pull-to-Trap is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanTransplant View Post
You have lost all credibility here. The Edge QB is far from accurate, which again, is something I eluded to in the WW post. I would hardly call a 39.6% completion % accurate.

Evidently you don't watch film and or understand what you are looking at. This year, without a true wide receiver the entire passing game is down. That happens and there are a lot of factors that go into that for each given play. So what am I talking about?

Look at last year when there were experienced wide receivers on the team. Craft was over 60%. That's more than 5% better than Reckhart's senior year. Most in the community believe he was one of the best ever at Edgewood and he never threw for 60%. Even if you examine a single game by both with a consistent opponent, say, Harrison for instance. Reckhart was 50% for like 112 yards, Craft was 6 for 6 for 138 against Harrison, probably when they were a better team. What would Craft's stats look like if he threw the ball as much? He only had 30% of the attempts as Reckhart last year.

I'd say there is a problem in the passing game but its not your QB. Watch the film. This problem revealed itself during the 7 on 7. Too many dropped balls and incorrect routes. There are a lot of passes thrown to where somebody is supposed to be and they aren't there. Its not the WR's fault either. Its his first year in the position, he's been a QB his whole life. First year at WR and he's varsity? Pretty steep learning curve, and a lot to ask. The TE's and back's are good and make some catches, but they take a lot of heat down field. No, your money is made with a WR threat like Driskel or Noble. And they aren't here anymore.

Nah, given the facts of the matter, less your opinion and feelings, I'd say my credibility is in tact. Maybe you should study up before you make your 8th post.
Old 10-16-18, 11:25 AM
Freshman

Quote:
Evidently you don't watch film and or understand what you are looking at. This year, without a true wide receiver the entire passing game is down. That happens and there are a lot of factors that go into that for each given play. So what am I talking about?

Look at last year when there were experienced wide receivers on the team. Craft was over 60%. That's more than 5% better than Reckhart's senior year. Most in the community believe he was one of the best ever at Edgewood and he never threw for 60%. Even if you examine a single game by both with a consistent opponent, say, Harrison for instance. Reckhart was 50% for like 112 yards, Craft was 6 for 6 for 138 against Harrison, probably when they were a better team.

I'd say there is a problem in the passing game but its not your QB. Watch the film. This problem revealed itself during the 7 on 7. Too many dropped balls and incorrect routes. There are a lot of passes thrown to where somebody is supposed to be and they aren't there. Its not the WR's fault either. Its his first year in the position, he's been a QB his whole life. First year at WR and he's varsity? Pretty steep learning curve. The TE's and back's are good and make some catches, but they take a lot of heat down field. No, your money is made with a WR threat like Driskel or Noble. And they aren't here anymore.

Nah, given the facts of the matter, less your opinion and feelings, I'd say my credibility is in tact. Maybe you should study up before you make your 8th post.

Believe me when I say, Iím very knowledgeable about the QB position. Youíre making statements that quite frankly, are absurd. The WRís arenít running the wrong routes, and within the Wing-T, there arenít many routes to run. The staple of the route tree in this system are levels routes. You donít have to be a brain surgeon to understand that.

5 yard drag
12 yard drag
Backside Post

Rinse-Repeat.

Iím not going to get into a pissing match. Regardless of whether or not itís my 8th post, or my 8,000th, I stand by my observation.

Old 10-16-18, 11:27 AM
All American

tonka is on a distinguished road
My head tells me Edgewood by 7. The Ross game just keeps coming up as a reason to pick LM though. So I will take the panthers by 3.
Old 10-16-18, 11:29 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Believe me when I say, Iím very knowledgeable about the QB position. Youíre making statements that quite frankly, are absurd. The WRís arenít running the wrong routes, and within the Wing-T, there arenít many routes to run. The staple of the route tree in this system are levels routes. You donít have to be a brain surgeon to understand that.

5 yard drag
12 yard drag
Backside Post

Rinse-Repeat.

Iím not going to get into a pissing match. Regardless of whether or not itís my 8th post, or my 8,000th, I stand by my observation.

Nah, you're just wrong. Its ok, happens, there are a lot of casual observers that do't understand what they are looking at.
Old 10-16-18, 03:41 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
I canít believe I actually agree with you. I said this in the WW thread, I didnít mind the play calling in the WW game. You have to break tendencies in big games, and you DEFINITELY have to throw the ball to at least give them something to think about. Iíve seen a drastic change in your posts, but Iíve yet to see you say you were wrong about the Cougars getting massacred in the WW game.

Uh you are right I was wrong about the game. Woods coaches decided to go easy and not run Williams 20 times for 200 hundred yards.Probably the opening coming soon in the SWOC had a little bit to do with the score.Woods is bigger, stronger, and faster at every position.If woods loses it will be because of their play calling and stupid penalties. Lasalle has a shot and maybe Kings but I doubt it.
Old 10-16-18, 03:43 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Nah, you're just wrong. Its ok, happens, there are a lot of casual observers that do't understand what they are looking at.

Casual observer, thatís cute. Just so you can gain some knowledge, the WR in the Wing-T, for the most part, is window dressing. The FB & TE are the primary targets. Once again, no credibility.

Old 10-16-18, 03:49 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Casual observer, thatís cute. Just so you can gain some knowledge, the WR in the Wing-T, for the most part, is window dressing. The FB & TE are the primary targets. Once again, no credibility.

Ok? Sure bud. FB and TE primary only on waggle. There are other pass plays. Now study up for post #10.

I'll tell Driskell and Back they were window dressing next time I see them.
Old 10-16-18, 03:49 PM
Moderated User

Quote:

Look at last year when there were experienced wide receivers on the team. Craft was over 60%. That's more than 5% better than Reckhart's senior year. Most in the community believe he was one of the best ever at Edgewood and he never threw for 60%. Even if you examine a single game by both with a consistent opponent, say, Harrison for instance. Reckhart was 50% for like 112 yards, Craft was 6 for 6 for 138 against Harrison, probably when they were a better team. What would Craft's stats look like if he threw the ball as much? He only had 30% of the attempts as Reckhart last year.

I'd say there is a problem in the passing game but its not your QB. Watch the film. This problem revealed itself during the 7 on 7. Too many dropped balls and incorrect routes. There are a lot of passes thrown to where somebody is supposed to be and they aren't there. Its not the WR's fault either. Its his first year in the position, he's been a QB his whole life. First year at WR and he's varsity? Pretty steep learning curve, and a lot to ask. The TE's and back's are good and make some catches, but they take a lot of heat down field. No, your money is made with a WR threat like Driskel or Noble. And they aren't here anymore.

Uh Craft is a great kid, a leader on this team, and generally makes good decisions.Runs the team with confidence and ability. Comparing him to Drew Reckhart is not fair and is ridiculous.
Old 10-16-18, 03:53 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Uh Craft is a great kid, a leader on this team, and generally makes good decisions.Runs the team with confidence and ability. Comparing him to Drew Reckhart is not fair and is ridiculous.
The dude brought up completion percentage. If that's your measure or QBR, you better check the numbers. Outside of the numbers its a matter of circumstance and opinion.
Old 10-16-18, 03:54 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Ok? Sure bud. FB and TE primary only on waggle. There are other pass plays. Now study up for post #10.

I'll tell Driskell and Back they were window dressing next time I see them.

Hence why I said ďfor the most partĒ. In terms of what pass plays are called, Waggle accounts for 60-70% of the plays. TE dump & Belly pass account for almost the rest. Sure, there are other route concepts in the Wing-T, like the 90 series, but those really donít come into play unless you DO have a good WR like Driskell. My point is, Waggle accounts for the bulk of the passing plays, and with that said, should be a very high completion %.

Old 10-16-18, 04:01 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Hence why I said ďfor the most partĒ. In terms of what pass plays are called, Waggle accounts for 60-70% of the plays. TE dump & Belly pass account for almost the rest. Sure, there are other route concepts in the Wing-T, like the 90 series, but those really donít come into play unless you DO have a good WR like Driskell. My point is, Waggle accounts for the bulk of the passing plays, and with that said, should be a very high completion %.

I get what you are trying to say and that IS what it looks like but it is also incorrect.

2016-Over 60% of the passing yards were to Driskell
2017-Over 60% of the passing yards were to Noble

Neither were a TE or a FB, sorry......
Old 10-16-18, 04:12 PM
Freshman

Quote:
I get what you are trying to say and that IS what it looks like but it is also incorrect.

2016-Over 60% of the passing yards were to Driskell

2017-Over 60% of the passing yards were to Noble

Neither were a TE or a FB, sorry......

I really think weíre getting off topic here. Nobody is questioning the amount of yardage a certain position group gets. The reason youíre getting called out is for your incorrect statement about Craft being accurate. Craft is a good kid, and has done a good job of leading the team. However, he is incredibly inaccurate. Your passive aggressive behavior, assuming posters donít have intimate knowledge of football, is a bad look for you. I played QB at a high level, and I can assure you that when it comes this great game, I can keep up

Old 10-16-18, 04:20 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
I really think weíre getting off topic here. Nobody is questioning the amount of yardage a certain position group gets. The reason youíre getting called out is for your incorrect statement about Craft being accurate. Craft is a good kid, and has done a good job of leading the team. However, he is incredibly inaccurate. Your passive aggressive behavior, assuming posters donít have intimate knowledge of football, is a bad look for you. I played QB at a high level, and I can assure you that when it comes this great game, I can keep up

Numbers donít lie.

I could care less who you are. Self admiration does not impress me. Might want to take a look at that before you talk about how something looks

Old 10-16-18, 04:33 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Numbers donít lie.

I could care less who you are. Self admiration does not impress me. Might want to take a look at that before you talk about how something looks

I believe what you were aiming for was you couldnít care less. Anyhow, youíre correct, numbers donít lie. 39.6% completion isnít ďaccurateĒ.

Old 10-16-18, 04:43 PM
All Ohio

speedthatkills is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I believe what you were aiming for was you couldnít care less. Anyhow, youíre correct, numbers donít lie. 39.6% completion isnít ďaccurateĒ.

I just want to personally thank both of you for the entertainment. Ever since Pattons papa left left I have been bored.
Old 10-16-18, 04:48 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedthatkills View Post
I just want to personally thank both of you for the entertainment. Ever since Pattons papa left left I have been bored.

Youíre welcome

Old 10-16-18, 04:54 PM
All Ohio

Quote:

No, I said what I meant and you can read my prior posts about the 39%. Keep posting your crap about a high school kid who happens to be a great human being, student and friend.

Thatís super ďhigh levelĒ there hero. We are all impressed.

Old 10-16-18, 05:05 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
No, I said what I meant and you can read my prior posts about the 39%. Keep posting your crap about a high school kid who happens to be a great human being, student and friend.

Thatís super ďhigh levelĒ there hero. We are all impressed.

Uh, Corbin Craft is the Edgewood QB not easy to do.A great leader, super kid and runs the team with confidence and ability. Would take him as QB every year.Nuff said.
Old 10-16-18, 05:24 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonka View Post
My head tells me Edgewood by 7. The Ross game just keeps coming up as a reason to pick LM though. So I will take the panthers by 3.
Uh, Ross scored first against LM. A blocked punt turned the game around.
Old 10-16-18, 06:20 PM
All Ohio

PeterDragon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I miss Patton 's papa too. The fight never went down with pantherdad. I guess he didn't have the intestinal fortitude to approach papa patton.
Old 10-16-18, 06:24 PM
All Ohio

PeterDragon is on a distinguished road
Also last week I noticed very few if any tailgaters. Is it true that the pee wee parents were getting too liquored up and starting fights? Any LM parents have any insight to these rumors?
Old 10-16-18, 06:43 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDragon View Post
Also last week I noticed very few if any tailgaters. Is it true that the pee wee parents were getting too liquored up and starting fights? Any LM parents have any insight to these rumors?
Uh, now that is funny. Uh, Pee-Wee parents cant hold their liquor?
Old 10-16-18, 06:52 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manmythlegeng66 View Post
I am not an officiating guy. You lose the game by not executing on chances. But there was some offensive holding on a few key plays by Harrison. And LM had one play that was a big play, it may have been a TD run, that magically had a flag thrown after the play was over 50 yards away. Also anytime LM tried to throw deep they had a DB pulling on a shirt. One of the kids shirt ripped on a play. Not blaming the refs for the loss. But there were definitely some issues

Plus, I have seen grass surfaces, many are pretty decent, but that is the worst field I have ever seen. The center couldn't finish the game due to an ankle sprain on that turf. Which on the the 1 yard goal line stand there was 1 bad snap that effected one of the plays. At least Edgewood's facilities are playable.

The game was a lot closer than that score would make you think.
Uh everytime at Harrison, holding is never called on Harrison. 35 pass plays and not one holding call.UH yup flags after the play every year.Edgewood had a shirt ripped on a d-lineman.Happens every year at Harrison.
Old 10-16-18, 06:56 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Pretty sure the league voted to move away from freshman and jv, and just have a JV A and JV B. On some level this seems like sematics but I actually like this. Make JV something to work towards for a freshman and give the jr and sr that have not shot at real playing time some minutes on JVB.
Uh, totally stupid, just another SWOC misadventure. Put kids on a team and let them practice as a team. Just another reason Edgewood should get out of this terrible league.
Old 10-16-18, 07:01 PM
Varsity

Manmythlegeng66 is on a distinguished road
Hoser were you at the LM game last week instead of Edgewood? From what I remember LM scored first. Ross never led. Then LM tried a trick play with Patton and there was an interception that got returned. LM held Ross to 3. Ross scored one more time in second half I believe, when they went to the hurry up. I could be wrong but that is how I remembered it.

As for the parents no clue, but weather was an issue last Friday with all the rain.