Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-12-18, 06:07 AM
All Region

tribefan23 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fromthe3 View Post
My Top 10
1. St Vincent-St Mary (Beat Benny by 34)
2. Lake Catholic (Beat Ursuline by 17. Ursuline lost to Benny by 35. Beat Stow by 24)
3. East (Beat Jackson and Hoover)
4. Kenston (Beat W. Geauga by 37)
5. Notre Dame-Cathedral Latin (Beat W. Geauga by 35)
6. Canfield (Beat Chardon by 22. Chardon beat W. Geauga by 1)
7. Louisville (Lost to Canfield by 7 and beat Green by 11)
8. Marlington (Lost to Poland by 3 and beat Kent by 28)
9. Aurora (Beat CVCA and Twinsburg by 14)
10. Richfield Revere (Beat Buckeye by 37)

Drew Pasteur's Top 10
1. #41 Akron St Vincent-St Mary (2-1)
2. #48 Akron East (3-0)
3. #49 Canfield (3-0)
4. #51 Mentor Lake Catholic (3-0)
5. #56 Chardon Notre Dame-Cathedral Latin (3-0)
6. #80 Aurora (2-1)
7. #82 Chagrin Falls Kenston (3-0)
8. #99 Richfield Revere (3-0)
9. #132 Alliance Marlington (2-1)
10. #164 Louisville (1-2)
Fair assessment of the region from you IMO. Like stated in previous posts, SVSM has to worry about getting in the playoffs first, but should be able t to advance if they get in. I still think Lake Catholic is a bit overrated, but we will see now that conference play starts for them how legit they are. They get Akron East next week for a R9 showdown, with the winner probably in the driver's seat in the region.

I'm glad someone's finally showing Kenston some love too!!! Such an underrated team
Old 09-12-18, 01:44 PM
All American

Irish60 will become famous soon enough
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Padua thus far has beaten 3 teams that might win a combined 10 or 12 games. They show promise but their level of competition and performance thus far are nothing to crow about.

As for SVSM, it's hard to believe it but as simkon suggests, it might all come down to this weekend against Mooney. If they go 8-2 or 7-3 and don't make the playoffs though, I am not going to hold a pity party for them.
If the Irish finish 7-3 and miss out on the playoffs, then so be it. They certainly won't expect anyone to feel sorry for them. I've always enjoyed the regular season more than the post season anyway. I'd much rather see the Irish play a tough schedule that prepares them for the post season than a less challenging one that is aimed at just getting them in. They have a long road to go before they even get to 8-2 or 7-3, but if the math works against them, then (for the dyslexics!) THIS happens!
Old 09-12-18, 03:44 PM
All District

parkhaven is an unknown quantity at this point
Ratings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribefan23 View Post
Fair assessment of the region from you IMO. Like stated in previous posts, SVSM has to worry about getting in the playoffs first, but should be able t to advance if they get in. I still think Lake Catholic is a bit overrated, but we will see now that conference play starts for them how legit they are. They get Akron East next week for a R9 showdown, with the winner probably in the driver's seat in the region.

I'm glad someone's finally showing Kenston some love too!!! Such an underrated team
I could be proven wrong by the games, but I suspect LC and Benedictine are way over-rated by the PD and the Herald. Local media has the same relationship with LC and Benedictine as the MSM has with the dem party. There just isn't any reason to rate them as high as they are. LC hasn't had a winning season for the past five years, let alone getting into the playoffs and Benedictine could very well go 3-7 with their sophomore team and freshman QB. LC has had the same coach this year as they had over the past five and Benedictine's record over the past two was 3-7 and 6-5. One year, the Herald had LC rated in their top ten after they only won 2 games out of 5. It just doesn't make any sense. I have no idea what Pasteur is thinking. I guess the games will tell the story.
Old 09-13-18, 06:17 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkhaven View Post
I could be proven wrong by the games, but I suspect LC and Benedictine are way over-rated by the PD and the Herald. Local media has the same relationship with LC and Benedictine as the MSM has with the dem party. There just isn't any reason to rate them as high as they are. LC hasn't had a winning season for the past five years, let alone getting into the playoffs and Benedictine could very well go 3-7 with their sophomore team and freshman QB. LC has had the same coach this year as they had over the past five and Benedictine's record over the past two was 3-7 and 6-5. One year, the Herald had LC rated in their top ten after they only won 2 games out of 5. It just doesn't make any sense. I have no idea what Pasteur is thinking. I guess the games will tell the story.
Agreed. Lake Catholic could be in the same boat as SVSM if teams they beat don't start winning games (so far teams they beat are 0-9). Throw in wins against Walsh, Benny and Cleveland Hts as well, all 3 of which won't win a ton of games either (Walsh could realistically go 1-9 or 0-10 in that conference) and I could see LC being on the outside looking in at 7-3 or even 8-2. I think at the very least they need to beat either or both Padua or NDCL at the end of the year to have a shot. Not sure how good East is and if that's a winnable game or not. It's hard to tell if LC is good or their schedule has just been bad. Stow is 0-3 but played Solon and Hilliard Bradley close in their other 2 loses. CCC and Ursuline are tough to judge as well with their tough private schedules. I guess time will tell once conference play starts for LC.
Old 09-13-18, 06:22 AM
All American

Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
Ursuline would surprise me to win 1 game. Looking like 0-10 and idk how many games will even be within 3 scores
Old 09-13-18, 07:27 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Elite View Post
Ursuline would surprise me to win 1 game. Looking like 0-10 and idk how many games will even be within 3 scores
That schedule is awful, but that's what happens when you're not in a conference. Coached on teams before that were independent and it's a lot harder than it would seem to find winnable games, especially later in the year. They should have joined the NCL. At least they would win some games in the smaller division. Travel would be the only issue.
Old 09-13-18, 09:00 AM
All American

Irish60 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribefan23 View Post
That schedule is awful, but that's what happens when you're not in a conference. Coached on teams before that were independent and it's a lot harder than it would seem to find winnable games, especially later in the year. They should have joined the NCL. At least they would win some games in the smaller division. Travel would be the only issue.
Mahoning County could have some GREAT regular season match ups, but too many teams refuse to play each other.
Old 09-13-18, 02:22 PM
All American

simkon is on a distinguished road
Region 9 Championship Probabilities
Canfield (3-0) 28%
East (3-0) 22%
Lake Catholic (3-0) 10%
Kenston (3-0) 10%
Notre Dame-Cathedral Latin (3-0) 10%
Aurora (2-1) 8%
St Vincent-St Mary (2-1) 7%
Revere (3-0) 5%

Biggest games with playoff implications this week:
Barberton (3-0 D2 R7) at Revere (3-0 D3 R9)
Marlington (2-1 D3 R9) at Canfield South Range (2-1 D5 R17)
St Vincent-St Mary (2-1 D3 R9) at Cardinal Mooney (2-1 D4 R13)
Mansfield (2-1 D3 R10) at West Holmes (3-0 D3 R9)
Old 09-13-18, 03:14 PM
All American

Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish60 View Post
Mahoning County could have some GREAT regular season match ups, but too many teams refuse to play each other.
I agree 100 percent
Old 09-14-18, 09:00 PM
All Yappi

tallmadge H2 dad will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by hubman View Post
According to the latest AP poll they are ranked #2!!!
And then go out and lose to Dover? East the #2 team in the state? What a joke. I mean come on people...East is much improved over past years, but letís slow our roll here with the rankings.
Old 09-14-18, 09:39 PM
All Region

Old Wildcat is on a distinguished road
Barberton vs. revere score?
Old 09-14-18, 09:42 PM
All District

Football Fan 1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Wildcat View Post
Barberton vs. revere score?
Barberton won 32-20
Old 09-14-18, 10:01 PM
All District

parkhaven is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallmadge H2 dad View Post
And then go out and lose to Dover? East the #2 team in the state? What a joke. I mean come on people...East is much improved over past years, but letís slow our roll here with the rankings.
I agree that the rankings are a joke. Especially those put out by the PD and the News Herald. Having LC and Benedictine in the 25 was laughable from the start and obviously political. Pasteur picked LC to be one of two teams to take the Regional this year before the season began. I mean to say, the LC coach has been at LC for five years and didn't have even one winning season during that time. It would appear that he is not going to have one again this year. Politics has invaded every aspect of our lives.
Old 09-14-18, 10:23 PM
All District

Irish Football is on a distinguished road
The pretenders are starting to show up!

For those that thought East would beat Stv give me a break!
Old 09-15-18, 12:52 AM
All Region

linebacker05 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallmadge H2 dad View Post
Wouldn't slow it but east is most def better than tallmage
Old 09-15-18, 01:18 AM
All American

CoventryTrackXCguy is an unknown quantity at this point
East is very good. They are athletic and big. But they have glaring weaknesses as well. They are slow and undisciplined. A team that specializes in a spread offense style of play would be a matchup nightmare for East. Sadly...and I would like to see otherwise, believe me, but I doubt East is up to the task of a deep postseason run. The other contenders will exploit their weaknesses.
Old 09-15-18, 02:48 AM
All Yappi

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoventryTrackXCguy View Post
East is very good. They are athletic and big. But they have glaring weaknesses as well. They are slow and undisciplined. A team that specializes in a spread offense style of play would be a matchup nightmare for East. Sadly...and I would like to see otherwise, believe me, but I doubt East is up to the task of a deep postseason run. The other contenders will exploit their weaknesses.

Wouldnít you think athleticism and speed go hand in hand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-15-18, 09:32 AM
All American

CoventryTrackXCguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
Wouldn’t you think athleticism and speed go hand in hand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dunno. East is definitely not speedy though. Last year, Coventry scrimmaged them. While it was just a scrimmage, It was apparent that Sibley was running circles around Easts defense.