Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-31-17, 08:17 PM
All World

Philly_Cat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kballer View Post
That came out a little harsh, but yes- the drop off in talent is pretty bad. Started towards the end of the previous coaches tenure- out of 12 kids from one of the Jr high teams 6 left to go to GCL schools or East. It has only gotten worse and none of the super athletic football players cross over anymore and play both (a trend not limited to just West).
VW did nobody any favors with his last year at West. He had a varsity roster of 10 seniors and 2 juniors. The next year was going to be brutal for anyone that took over. I've said on here recently that I still hear from many youth basketball parents that say they don't care for what West does in the off-season. Some have even said their camps are a waste of time. East has cultivated a great youth outreach with its many off-season programs and what it's done is make a lot West families go to East programs even if they don't plan on crossing over and going to East by high school time. Whether or not that is legitimately pulling West kids over to East for high school, I'm not sure, but it can't be helping the cause.

Just an FYI, and this is just my opinion, the current Lakota 7th grade class (East and West) is full of really talented athletes in multiple sports. It will be interesting to see how it plays out with them over the next few years.