Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #721  
Old 02-10-18, 07:35 PM
afwpatfire afwpatfire is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-11-09
Location: Stark County
Posts: 4,748
afwpatfire is on a distinguished road
End of 1st

Lake 21
Youngstown East 13
Reply With Quote
  #722  
Old 02-10-18, 07:54 PM
afwpatfire afwpatfire is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-11-09
Location: Stark County
Posts: 4,748
afwpatfire is on a distinguished road
Halftime

Lake 39
Youngstown East 17
Reply With Quote
  #723  
Old 02-10-18, 08:18 PM
afwpatfire afwpatfire is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-11-09
Location: Stark County
Posts: 4,748
afwpatfire is on a distinguished road
End of 3rd

Lake 55
Youngstown East 26
Reply With Quote
  #724  
Old 02-10-18, 08:22 PM
afwpatfire afwpatfire is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-11-09
Location: Stark County
Posts: 4,748
afwpatfire is on a distinguished road
Halftime

Wadsworth 31
Green 24
Reply With Quote
  #725  
Old 02-10-18, 08:35 PM
afwpatfire afwpatfire is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-11-09
Location: Stark County
Posts: 4,748
afwpatfire is on a distinguished road
Final

Lake 73
Youngstown East 29
Reply With Quote
  #726  
Old 02-10-18, 08:53 PM
jackson03 jackson03 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-03-13
Posts: 1,734
jackson03 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigeratv3 View Post
I have the basketball scores for all the federal league teams going back to 1966, and I created the standings for these. I have Jackson having won the Federal League Championship in the following years: 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2016 and 2017. They have won seven of these championship outright. I believe the Federal League started in 1964-65 school year, so I only have one year that is missing. In 1965 Jackson was 13-5, Canton South was 12-6 in the Regular season, so it's possible that this first year of the Federal League they may have won. I haven't researched this season yet.
Thank you!
Reply With Quote
  #727  
Old 02-10-18, 09:17 PM
FootsWalker FootsWalker is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-02-07
Posts: 1,695
FootsWalker is on a distinguished road
Wadsworth 58 Green 57 final.
Reply With Quote
  #728  
Old 02-11-18, 08:06 AM
Levi Levi is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-29-01
Location: Good Luck Stark Co.!!!
Posts: 29,745
Levi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Levi
General consensus was that McKinley absorbing Timken kids which were consistently outperforming McKinley that they would dominate the FED and Stark County. Some are getting uncomfortable now that has not happened. Jackson is clearly the elite Basketball school in Stark over the past 10 years and were the first that truly was the resistance to Mckinley back in the late 80's and 1990's as well.

McKinley still has the better tradition and the overall wins but Jackson is the team everyone is chasing.

It wasn't long ago Hoover was in the conversation of top teams in Stark through the Montgomery years. We now see what happens when Hoover placates. Sure they were in the District Final last year and gave Jackson an early season loss but they were massacred when it mattered. Wins and losses do matter.

I am late to this thread and I am trying to summarize several different things. The "Racist" ref thing is an old and tired excuse. People started using the false narratives back in the day because they were beaten and the best way to discredit is to paint your opponent as bad, cheaters or so on (in this case the previous).
Reply With Quote
  #729  
Old 02-11-18, 09:58 AM
BIG ED BIG ED is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-26-01
Location: Perry Twp.(Massillon, Oh.
Posts: 4,370
BIG ED is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson03 View Post
Thank you!
As probably the ďFed old timerĒ here, you are correct that the first year for the Federal League was the 64-65 school year.
I can add Perryís titles as these years: 1983, 1986, 1991, 2001, 2008, 2012.
Itís odd, as much success as Larry Wilson had at Perry, he only won three league titles, but his era also saw the years when Canton South was dominate. His teams were in the district final three times in 77, 84 and 86, but I believe lost to McKinley all three times.
Also, the mid 60ís saw Marlington win a couple of titles, if Iím not mistaken, because of the 7 footer Luke Witte.
Reply With Quote
  #730  
Old 02-11-18, 02:47 PM
afwpatfire afwpatfire is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-11-09
Location: Stark County
Posts: 4,748
afwpatfire is on a distinguished road
Tournament Seeding

Canton District
1. Jackson
2. Lake
3. McKinley
4. Wooster
5. Massillon Washington
6. Canfield
7. Dover
8. Glenoak
9. Barberton
10. Fitch
11. Perry
12. Youngstown East
13. Boardman
14. Hoover

http://brackets.myohsaa.org/bracket....s=20624&not=14

Barberton District
1. Stow
2. Hoban
3. Green
4. Walsh Jesuit
5. Copley
6. Ellet
7. Highland
8. Wadsworth
9. Firestone
10. Cuyahoga Falls
11. Kenmore-Garfield
12. Kent Roosevelt
13. Akron North

http://brackets.myohsaa.org/bracket....s=20378&not=13

Jackson, Lake, and Green will have first round byes. Hoover at McKinley, Perry at Canfield, Barberton at Glenoak are the first round matchups. Should be fun!

Last edited by afwpatfire; 02-11-18 at 03:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #731  
Old 02-11-18, 04:24 PM
FootsWalker FootsWalker is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-02-07
Posts: 1,695
FootsWalker is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG ED View Post
As probably the ďFed old timerĒ here, you are correct that the first year for the Federal League was the 64-65 school year.
I can add Perryís titles as these years: 1983, 1986, 1991, 2001, 2008, 2012.
Itís odd, as much success as Larry Wilson had at Perry, he only won three league titles, but his era also saw the years when Canton South was dominate. His teams were in the district final three times in 77, 84 and 86, but I believe lost to McKinley all three times.
Also, the mid 60ís saw Marlington win a couple of titles, if Iím not mistaken, because of the 7 footer Luke Witte.
Think Luke graduated in 1969, FWIW.
Reply With Quote
  #732  
Old 02-11-18, 09:00 PM
BIG ED BIG ED is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-26-01
Location: Perry Twp.(Massillon, Oh.
Posts: 4,370
BIG ED is on a distinguished road
If he graduated in 69, then he played 3 years of varsity (66-67, 67-68 and 68-69) of which I’m not sure how many league titles Marlington won.
Reply With Quote
  #733  
Old 02-11-18, 11:16 PM
Localfan Localfan is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-02-18
Posts: 86
Localfan is on a distinguished road
Jackson wins 4 state championship in the history of school and all of a sudden become sports royalty!!! LOL yeah ok

Last edited by Localfan; 02-11-18 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Errors
Reply With Quote
  #734  
Old 02-12-18, 07:39 AM
bass10 bass10 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 02-21-08
Posts: 579
bass10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Localfan View Post
Jackson wins 4 state championship in the history of school and all of a sudden become sports royalty!!! LOL yeah ok
Jacksons state championships were all in the last 10 years, meaning they are trending up. McK hasn't done much in the past ten years meaning they are trending down. Only old people care what was done before you were probably born. I would take Jacksons (gulp) overall sports programs today over McK 100times out of 100, its not even close.
Reply With Quote
  #735  
Old 02-12-18, 09:03 AM
Localfan Localfan is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-02-18
Posts: 86
Localfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass10 View Post
Jacksons state championships were all in the last 10 years, meaning they are trending up. McK hasn't done much in the past ten years meaning they are trending down. Only old people care what was done before you were probably born. I would take Jacksons (gulp) overall sports programs today over McK 100times out of 100, its not even close.
Hmmm... In 2016 the same team that went to win state in 2017 who knocked you guys out ?
Reply With Quote
  #736  
Old 02-12-18, 09:19 AM
Localfan Localfan is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-02-18
Posts: 86
Localfan is on a distinguished road
Yes, Jackson has had some recent success with it's basketball program but so have other teams in the area. Other schools have produced professional athletes and Jackson none. So all I am saying is humble yourself with the glory of 2 state championships in 10 year. Go back to back and get a few more wins then we maybe we can revisit this sports royalty conversation. LOL.. You only want to go back 10 year because that's when you guys have been winning lol. But whatever it takes to make you happy is fine with me.

Last edited by Localfan; 02-12-18 at 09:30 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #737  
Old 02-12-18, 09:37 AM
bluesteel4 bluesteel4 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-28-05
Location: JACKSON
Posts: 2,538
bluesteel4 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Localfan View Post
Yes, Jackson has had some recent success with it's basketball program but so have other teams in the area. Other schools have produced professional athletes and Jackson none. So all I am saying is humble yourself with the glory of 2 state championships in 10 year. Go back to back and get a few more wins then we maybe we can revisit this sports royalty conversation. LOL.. You only want to go back 10 year because that's when you guys have been winning lol. But whatever it takes to make you happy is fine with me.
Haha. I love this. You took the time to create a
Screen name just to try and attack Jackson. Keep it coming pal because Jackson isnít going away.
Reply With Quote
  #738  
Old 02-12-18, 10:02 AM
bass10 bass10 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 02-21-08
Posts: 579
bass10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Localfan View Post
Hmmm... In 2016 the same team that went to win state in 2017 who knocked you guys out ?
Ummm nobody knocked Jackson out if they won state?

We go back ten years because this is today, its great that McK was good 20 years ago. Unfortunately for you the best current team has got to be Jackson. Pro athletes mean nothing since basketball is a team sport. Actually if McK learns that and quits playing I can beat my guy to the hoop basketball they may start winning something again. BTW, I am not from Jackson or a Jackson fan but must bring posters into reality.
Reply With Quote
  #739  
Old 02-12-18, 10:04 AM
Localfan Localfan is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-02-18
Posts: 86
Localfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesteel4 View Post
Haha. I love this. You took the time to create a
Screen name just to try and attack Jackson. Keep it coming pal because Jackson isn’t going away.
No, I didn't lol.. I am a fan of good basketball and watching it. Jackson plays good basketball. Lake has played good basketball. As well a Green and I can't wait to see what Perry turns out to be next year. All I am saying is all schools have up and down swings you can't control what kids are coming up. All you can do is teach them fundamental basketball and hope they have the heart to win. But this whole claim to fame and basketball greatness is kinda funny to me. Leave stark county or Ohio and I don't think Jackson sports come to mind Like Canton McKinley. I like the rivalry its all fun and games as long as the kids are happy and ok all is right with me. I am younger than most and just want to promote our program just like the rest so I joined.
Reply With Quote
  #740  
Old 02-12-18, 10:19 AM
Localfan Localfan is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-02-18
Posts: 86
Localfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass10 View Post
Ummm nobody knocked Jackson out if they won state?

We go back ten years because this is today, its great that McK was good 20 years ago. Unfortunately for you the best current team has got to be Jackson. Pro athletes mean nothing since basketball is a team sport. Actually if McK learns that and quits playing I can beat my guy to the hoop basketball they may start winning something again. BTW, I am not from Jackson or a Jackson fan but must bring posters into reality.
I said in 2016 who knocked Jackson out was the question do you care to answer?
Reply With Quote
  #741  
Old 02-12-18, 10:24 AM
Localfan Localfan is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-02-18
Posts: 86
Localfan is on a distinguished road
At the end of the day Canton McKinley is a team you can't look overlook..Past, Present, and Future.
Reply With Quote
  #742  
Old 02-12-18, 10:38 AM
bass10 bass10 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 02-21-08
Posts: 579
bass10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Localfan View Post
I said in 2016 who knocked Jackson out was the question do you care to answer?
McK, do I win something? Who's knocked McK out every year for the past 22 years? Irrelevant. Yes McK can still play and nobody outside of Ohio knows or cares about the history of McK basketball.
Reply With Quote
  #743  
Old 02-12-18, 10:42 AM
Localfan Localfan is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-02-18
Posts: 86
Localfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass10 View Post
McK, do I win something? Who's knocked McK out every year for the past 22 years? Irrelevant. Yes McK can still play and nobody outside of Ohio knows or cares about the history of McK basketball.
I guess we can say the same for any other stark county team lol. Yes you do win a prize.. here is a Thank you. But the in past 22 years McKinley went BACK to BACK it may be irrelevant to some that haven't done it lol.. Say it with me BACK to BACK Champions lol. I won't count how many other times they have been the best in the area over the PAST 22 years. But Let's keep it to the last 10 years to make everyone feel better. Its all fun and games.. I wish every team the best of luck heading into the tournament right now the District is up for grabs to any team that shows up and takes it.

Last edited by Localfan; 02-12-18 at 10:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #744  
Old 02-12-18, 11:14 AM
bluesteel4 bluesteel4 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-28-05
Location: JACKSON
Posts: 2,538
bluesteel4 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Localfan View Post
I guess we can say the same for any other stark county team lol. Yes you do win a prize.. here is a Thank you. But the in past 22 years McKinley went BACK to BACK it may be irrelevant to some that haven't done it lol.. Say it with me BACK to BACK Champions lol. I won't count how many other times they have been the best in the area over the PAST 22 years. But Let's keep it to the last 10 years to make everyone feel better. Its all fun and games.. I wish every team the best of luck heading into the tournament right now the District is up for grabs to any team that shows up and takes it.
In a previous post you brought up baseball as well. Does McKinley even have a baseball team?
Reply With Quote
  #745  
Old 02-12-18, 11:34 AM
Localfan Localfan is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-02-18
Posts: 86
Localfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesteel4 View Post
In a previous post you brought up baseball as well. Does McKinley even have a baseball team?

Hmm not sure but let's see what we do have!

36 State Championships
34 State Runner -ups
84 individual state champions

Guess to many to hang in the gym huh?
Even tho the field house is kinda big lol
Reply With Quote
  #746  
Old 02-12-18, 12:48 PM
afwpatfire afwpatfire is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-11-09
Location: Stark County
Posts: 4,748
afwpatfire is on a distinguished road
I don’t know why we always have to go down this road. They are both great programs for different reasons and we are lucky to have both of them in Stark County.
Reply With Quote
  #747  
Old 02-12-18, 01:22 PM
Bluestreakoffice Bluestreakoffice is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-18-09
Posts: 1,379
Bluestreakoffice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by afwpatfire View Post
I donít know why we always have to go down this road. They are both great programs for different reasons and we are lucky to have both of them in Stark County.

I agree it is the basketball version of Massillon and McKinley. My team is better then yours.....this thread has been good all season for great info...hopefully the na na na name calling will cool down till after the season
Reply With Quote
  #748  
Old 02-12-18, 02:00 PM
BIG ED BIG ED is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-26-01
Location: Perry Twp.(Massillon, Oh.
Posts: 4,370
BIG ED is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestreakoffice View Post
I agree it is the basketball version of Massillon and McKinley. My team is better then yours.....this thread has been good all season for great info...hopefully the na na na name calling will cool down till after the season
Can I get an amen!
Reply With Quote
  #749  
Old 02-12-18, 02:23 PM
bass10 bass10 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 02-21-08
Posts: 579
bass10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestreakoffice View Post
I agree it is the basketball version of Massillon and McKinley. My team is better then yours.....this thread has been good all season for great info...hopefully the na na na name calling will cool down till after the season
Because a newbie showed up to ruin the parade.
Reply With Quote
  #750  
Old 02-12-18, 02:50 PM
Bluestreakoffice Bluestreakoffice is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-18-09
Posts: 1,379
Bluestreakoffice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass10 View Post
Because a newbie showed up to ruin the parade.
Till the season is complete there is only one parade director and that is awpatfire.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Federal League got swept fleadog101 Football 145 11-10-17 10:35 AM
Federal League and Other Local Playoff Picks Round 1 BIG ED Football 22 11-05-17 12:14 AM
The Federal league and The A A C fleadog101 Football 41 08-05-17 11:34 AM
Who is going to win the Federal League this coming season???? IUDOGS Football 17 07-27-17 01:04 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:29 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz