Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-01-17, 10:19 AM
All American

14Red is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallmadge H2 dad View Post
Are you serious? Do you really think that you can just move an NBA game at the last minute? Scheduling of professional sports and arenas is very complex. It's not like little league where you just tell everyone that the game has been moved to tomorrow.
I understand that part, but tell me how you have 3 games Friday night, two overlapping, and no games Saturday? Then, kind of quirky, you have the Celts/ Wizards play less than two days after their series's end Friday, they play Sunday afternoon? Cavs Raptors both had extra rest?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-17, 11:51 AM
All Yappi

tallmadge H2 dad will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
I understand that part, but tell me how you have 3 games Friday night, two overlapping, and no games Saturday? Then, kind of quirky, you have the Celts/ Wizards play less than two days after their series's end Friday, they play Sunday afternoon? Cavs Raptors both had extra rest?
The schedules are pre-set dude. They don't make them up as they go along
Old 05-01-17, 12:22 PM
All American

Taco MacArthur can only hope to improve
Hello tallmadge, it's nice to see you've met the brick wall that is 14Red. Enjoy!
Old 05-01-17, 01:43 PM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonawildcat View Post
It constantly amazes me how consistently dumb you are. Unless the games are fixed, how are the schedulers going to know in advance what series have been completed, what series are still going on, and the days of rest that are mandated for games in a series?
Old 05-01-17, 09:34 PM
All Yappi

Cavs win easily; Raptors don't match up very well imo. Houston taking it to San Antonio, up 60-35 with a few left before the half.
Old 05-01-17, 10:12 PM
All Yappi

Jhubbs77 is on a distinguished road
This series is going to show why Kawhi should be the MVP in my opinion. Amazing that he dragged these old men to 61 wins and a top defense in the league. Aldridge became so mediocre so fast
Old 05-02-17, 06:28 AM
All Yappi

Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Yeah Aldridge has really regressed the past two years. Was thinking last night how overlooked it's been that Pop got 61 wins out of this team. I'm sure D'Antoni will get coach of the year but really it's Pop
Old 05-02-17, 10:14 AM
All American

The Spurs are not a bad team, the Rockets just have so many weapons. The Spurs have to keep the game at a certain pace. When they have Gasol/ Aldridge, Ginobili/ Parker on the floor, they struggle matching up, as do alot of teams. But unless the Rockets struggle shooting, they are going to win this series, probably pretty easy.
Old 05-02-17, 12:38 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
The Spurs are not a bad team, the Rockets just have so many weapons. The Spurs have to keep the game at a certain pace. When they have Gasol/ Aldridge, Ginobili/ Parker on the floor, they struggle matching up, as do alot of teams. But unless the Rockets struggle shooting, they are going to win this series, probably pretty easy.
Thanks for clearing that up, we all thought they were a bad team.
Old 05-02-17, 01:16 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Thanks for clearing that up, we all thought they were a bad team.
I don't know for some of you guys, we have to paint a picture...
Old 05-03-17, 08:53 AM
All Yappi

Boston really rolling right now. Six straight wins after dropping the first two to Chicago, and the offense has been much better
Old 05-03-17, 09:29 AM
All American

Thomas' story is incredible. 5'9", last pick, given up on by 2 bad teams, traded for pennies, sister dying just before the playoffs. He's been fun to watch. Still think the Celtics need a PG or Jimmy Butler to actually contend with the Cavs but Thomas' story, nonetheless, has been great.

Only 7 players have scored more in the playoffs.
Old 05-03-17, 10:57 AM
All American

The Wizards had a golden opportunity to tie up that series last night. Wall had a good game, but played horrendously down the stretch. Wizards could get back into the series, but Celtics looking like a team of destiny.
Old 05-04-17, 07:15 AM
All Yappi

tallmadge H2 dad will become famous soon enough
Wonder where Brian has been hiding? Waiting for the Cavs to lose so he can pounce on them I guess.

Great 1st 2 games of the series. Exciting to watch this team right now. It will be fun to hear all the haters come pile on when they finally lose (which they will) and tell us all how overrated they are and how terrible the coach is. I always look forward to that comic relief. In the meantime I will enjoy the azz lickings being administered.
Old 05-04-17, 07:31 AM
All Yappi

LeBron is at another level right now. His shooting this year is maybe the best it's been in his career. Lost in that weird regular season was the fact that LBJ was the best he's been since returning to Cleveland
Old 05-04-17, 07:33 AM
All Yappi

Nice response by San Antonio and helluva game out of Kawhi both defensively and offensively. Unfortunately it looks like they lost Parker
Old 05-04-17, 07:35 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bluth View Post
LeBron is at another level right now. His shooting this year is maybe the best it's been in his career. Lost in that weird regular season was the fact that LBJ was the best he's been since returning to Cleveland
Cleveland still has a very good shot at repeating. That team was just sleep walking down the stretch to get to the post season.
Old 05-04-17, 07:40 AM
All American

I lost track of how many threes LeBron last night but boy was he feeling it. I remember at one point he hit back to back threes. The one where he rotated the ball in his hand a few times like he was at the FT line with Ibaka on him was great. It's only 6 games but he's shooting about 48% from three.
Old 05-04-17, 08:02 AM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallmadge H2 dad View Post
Wonder where Brian has been hiding? Waiting for the Cavs to lose so he can pounce on them I guess.

Great 1st 2 games of the series. Exciting to watch this team right now. It will be fun to hear all the haters come pile on when they finally lose (which they will) and tell us all how overrated they are and how terrible the coach is. I always look forward to that comic relief. In the meantime I will enjoy the azz lickings being administered.
The Raptors look awful. It wouldn't shock me to see this end in a sweep or 5 games. What really sucks is the Wizards pissing down their leg in Game 2 against Boston (IMO Washington gives CLE a better series than Boston). The Cavs will beat Boston in 5, maybe 6 games. And during their run through the East the bandwagon will fill up again.
Old 05-04-17, 08:46 AM
All Yappi

Raptors match up horribly with the Cavs.
Old 05-04-17, 10:29 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Cleveland still has a very good shot at repeating. That team was just sleep walking down the stretch to get to the post season.
They'll have to dial it up if they play the Celtics in the eastern conf finals. They can score with the Cavs, and even though the Celts don't have a matchup for LB, the Cavs don't have a matchup for Thomas.

Hard to even evaluate the Cavs at this point. The east is so weak and they are playing teams that have horrible matchups. Add now that Lowery is banged up and the Cavs are just cruising.

Also remember this in a month or so because as usual, the Western conf teams are beating each other up, while the Cavs expend very little effort. It makes a difference in the end.
Old 05-04-17, 10:50 AM
All Yappi

Thanks for confirming the Cavs will easily roll the Celtics.
Old 05-04-17, 10:58 AM
All Region

wolves82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
What's the over/under on GS's losses this postseason? 2.5?
You mean in the West? That makes 2.5 a good line. But I'd still say over. 1 loss to Utah, and 2 to San Antonio.

Then 3, or more likely 4, losses to the Cavs, which makes your initial question ridiculous.
Old 05-04-17, 11:12 AM
All American

Quote:
They'll have to dial it up if they play the Celtics in the eastern conf finals. They can score with the Cavs, and even though the Celts don't have a matchup for LB, the Cavs don't have a matchup for Thomas.
Thompson guards Johnson. Love guards Horford (or switch Love and Thompson). Smith guards Crowder. Irving guards Bradley. LeBron guards Thomas.

That's if Thomas starts to run all over Jr Smith. I don't think, outside of switches on defensive rotations, we'll see Irving on Thomas much.
Old 05-04-17, 12:40 PM
All Yappi

arizonawildcat is on a distinguished road
I chuckled when the Cavs were likened to the Globetrotters and the Raptors being the Washington Generals.
Old 05-04-17, 01:18 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Also remember this in a month or so because as usual, the Western conf teams are beating each other up, while the Cavs expend very little effort. It makes a difference in the end.
I don't see anyone out West beating up on Golden State right now, and I don't see it happening much next series either
Old 05-04-17, 01:21 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
What really sucks is the Wizards pissing down their leg in Game 2 against Boston (IMO Washington gives CLE a better series than Boston). The Cavs will beat Boston in 5, maybe 6 games.
I felt the same way going into the playoffs. But the way the Cavs have started playing I can't see Washington stopping them. Boston at least has a ton of defenders it can throw at LeBron throughout games. If they continue hitting outside shots the way they have lately I'd give them a better shot than Washington, considering the home court advantage
Old 05-04-17, 01:45 PM
All American

Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolves82 View Post
You mean in the West? That makes 2.5 a good line. But I'd still say over. 1 loss to Utah, and 2 to San Antonio.

Then 3, or more likely 4, losses to the Cavs, which makes your initial question ridiculous.
You think the Cavs are favorites over the Warriors in a 7 game series right now?
Old 05-04-17, 01:55 PM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bluth View Post
I felt the same way going into the playoffs. But the way the Cavs have started playing I can't see Washington stopping them. Boston at least has a ton of defenders it can throw at LeBron throughout games. If they continue hitting outside shots the way they have lately I'd give them a better shot than Washington, considering the home court advantage
That home court looks a lot nicer than it is for Boston assuming they get Cleveland in the ECF. The Cavs went in their before their final week and a half limp to the postseason and stomped Boston. I don't think the Wizards will beat the Cavs but their length IMO makes for a better matchup than Boston. If the Celtics went and got Butler or George at the deadline I would feel differently, but I agree with Taco, if Thomas starts going off, then LBJ will check him and it's over.
Old 05-04-17, 02:46 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
Thompson guards Johnson. Love guards Horford (or switch Love and Thompson). Smith guards Crowder. Irving guards Bradley. LeBron guards Thomas.

That's if Thomas starts to run all over Jr Smith. I don't think, outside of switches on defensive rotations, we'll see Irving on Thomas much.
The Cavs don't want LB checking Thomas, he will expend too much energy, be prone to foul trouble, and will leave too many shooters open. The main shot the Celts have is if they can spread the Cavs out and knock down 3's. Which they can do. Now they'll have a tough time matching up with the Cavs on the other end, but as will the Cavs. I'm going to say if the Celtics can some how limit Love or Kyrie, they have as shot. The Cavs are married to the big 3, all three have to play well for them to be successful. I feel Boston has a chance - and imagine if they get game 7 in Boston??