Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-31-18, 10:53 PM
All District

wrestler24 is on a distinguished road
Great dual tonight between Edison and Genoa. This could have very well been your state finals match up. The Chargers did an awesome job limiting bonus points down low and could have very well had a pin called at 126 as their youngster caught sanchez on his back. Two awesome teams in a great atmosphere. With Contos in the lineup this team will be very hard for anyone to beat. They have absolutely no holes in the lineup. Scary thing is all but two of them return next year.
Old 01-31-18, 10:58 PM
All District

ty512 is on a distinguished road
Sad the ref at the Swanton regional made sure Swanton won.
Old 01-31-18, 11:09 PM
All District

grapeape is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestler24 View Post
Great dual tonight between Edison and Genoa. This could have very well been your state finals match up. The Chargers did an awesome job limiting bonus points down low and could have very well had a pin called at 126 as their youngster caught sanchez on his back. Two awesome teams in a great atmosphere. With Contos in the lineup this team will be very hard for anyone to beat. They have absolutely no holes in the lineup. Scary thing is all but two of them return next year.
The Jags could be in the Super Bowl if it wasn't for the Patriots. Mean NFL putting them in the same half.
Old 02-01-18, 07:58 AM
Varsity

CougarDad54 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestler24 View Post
While I agree that the wrestling in this dual was top notch and a lot of of fun to watch, I think you have to mention the atmosphere at the dual also. Hats off to the Genoa area fans and student body that absolutely packed the gym. While out numbered probably 3-1 the Edison Fans also showed up and held their own. The place was electric with every point being cheered as if it alone had just won the dual. We were wrestling on the other mat and it was tough even for our kids focus on our side of the gym. I cant remember a more exciting dual atmosphere in the last 20 years. I know opinions of the whole State Dual program vary greatly, but I think duals like that are what the intention was and I would have to say the OSHAA got it right this time.
Old 02-01-18, 08:56 AM
All American

rjewards is on a distinguished road
Congrats to Versailles beating Covington and Miami East
Old 02-01-18, 09:44 AM
Freshman

talgers is on a distinguished road
I stuck around to watch this and not sure if LC could have won or not, but the 145 and 152 matches were definitely handed to the Swanton wrestlers. Still not sure where 2 Swanton points came from in the 145 match after the LC wrestler reversed him to his back....and for some reason they were never going to call Swantons 152 pinned. He was stuck for 20-25 seconds with no call.

LC winning those matches would have been a 15 point swing and I think they lost by 18 or 19, so really didn't matter I guess.

If this were a boxing match, Swanton would have won hands down.....lol. They were penalized for a shot to the face out of bounds, a head but, and an elbow to the back of the head....not to mention the 3 or 4 other cheap shots they did not get called for.
Old 02-01-18, 10:24 AM
Junior Varsity

pbauertwo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ty512 View Post
Sad the ref at the Swanton regional made sure Swanton won.

Agreed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-01-18, 10:25 AM
Junior Varsity

pbauertwo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjewards View Post
Congrats to Versailles beating Covington and Miami East

Did not see them beating ME

Old 02-01-18, 10:36 AM
Varsity

ILikeSports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ty512 View Post
IT actually would have made a difference- take the pts off for Swanton they would have 36- had LC won those 2 matches (Dec and pin)- they would've had 42- final score would have been LC 42- Swanton 36. Worst officiating I've ever seen- the one match he only awarded 1 pt for a reversal
I wasn't there so I am not arguing about anything that may have happened in the matches, but according to baumspage LC finished with 23 points. If you add a decision and a pin in those two matches they finish with 32. Swanton still would win 36-32 in this scenario.
Old 02-01-18, 10:50 AM
All District

ty512 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeSports View Post
I wasn't there so I am not arguing about anything that may have happened in the matches, but according to baumspage LC finished with 23 points. If you add a decision and a pin in those two matches they finish with 32. Swanton still would win 36-32 in this scenario.
Haven't had enough coffee yet this morning....there were a couple other matches they got screwed on. Sad the ref was so bad. Those kids wrestled their heart out
Old 02-01-18, 03:50 PM
All American

rjewards is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbauertwo View Post
Did not see them beating ME

my guess is they filled more weight classes
Old 02-01-18, 04:13 PM
All American

ShyGuy is on a distinguished road

Last edited by ShyGuy; 02-01-18 at 04:38 PM.
Old 02-01-18, 05:15 PM
All Yappi

bucksman will become famous soon enough
Key for Versailles:
Miami East weighed-in Nickels down at 120, he gets pinned by Poling
126: both teams bump their starters (Shore for ME, Bey for VER), Versailles gets a pin
Versailles won by nine
Old 02-01-18, 06:15 PM
All District

wrestler24 is on a distinguished road
Bucksman, what are your predictions for the D3 side of things? Obviously Genoa is the heavy favorite. Can anyone challenge them in Columbus? What D3 teams got displaced due to regional assignments?
Old 02-01-18, 06:43 PM
All Yappi

bucksman will become famous soon enough
Genoa is the favorite, Tuslaw is the most realistic challenger. I think Swanton - assuming all wrestlers are available - will wrestle Tuslaw very tight in the semi.

I would say Milan Edison was displaced by regional assignment. They would be neck-and-neck with Tuslaw and/or Swanton.

Even though Tuslaw blew out Rootstown last night, I would also say Rootstown is a state caliber team in a different region.

Given we have three teams that are the class of the field, I would say that Versailles, Nelsonville-York, and possibly Northmor are next. I think Waynedale and Bethel-Tate bring the rear of the field this year (Waynedale has had better teams in the past get displaced at the regional level, and not just the 2013 squad either).
Old 02-01-18, 07:36 PM
All American

Whizzer King is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by talgers View Post
I stuck around to watch this and not sure if LC could have won or not, but the 145 and 152 matches were definitely handed to the Swanton wrestlers. Still not sure where 2 Swanton points came from in the 145 match after the LC wrestler reversed him to his back....and for some reason they were never going to call Swantons 152 pinned. He was stuck for 20-25 seconds with no call.

LC winning those matches would have been a 15 point swing and I think they lost by 18 or 19, so really didn't matter I guess.

If this were a boxing match, Swanton would have won hands down.....lol. They were penalized for a shot to the face out of bounds, a head but, and an elbow to the back of the head....not to mention the 3 or 4 other cheap shots they did not get called for.
The 145 match was scored correctly. They had it wrong on the board. Swanton's 145 hit a 4 point move prior to going to his back. Liberty Center fans were confused and throwing a fit, but the score was right. As far as the 152 being pinned, it was close. In college, it would have been a pin. His shoulders touched the mat a couple times, maybe the official was out of position. I wouldn't say he was pinned for 20-25 seconds as he was able to fight off his back within ten seconds.

It wouldn't have mattered who officiated the matches. Swanton was going to win. LC put up a good fight.

Last edited by Whizzer King; 02-02-18 at 08:43 AM.
Old 02-01-18, 11:51 PM
Varsity

flyingeagle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksman View Post
Genoa is the favorite, Tuslaw is the most realistic challenger. I think Swanton - assuming all wrestlers are available - will wrestle Tuslaw very tight in the semi.

I would say Milan Edison was displaced by regional assignment. They would be neck-and-neck with Tuslaw and/or Swanton.

Even though Tuslaw blew out Rootstown last night, I would also say Rootstown is a state caliber team in a different region.

Given we have three teams that are the class of the field, I would say that Versailles, Nelsonville-York, and possibly Northmor are next. I think Waynedale and Bethel-Tate bring the rear of the field this year (Waynedale has had better teams in the past get displaced at the regional level, and not just the 2013 squad either).
Im not sure Swanton is missing guys. I think and heard Cook is no longer on the team, that he left before the Van Buren Invite.