Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-23-17, 10:17 AM
All American

19AL63 is on a distinguished road
I hope people realize that for the 47% of the taxpayers that did not pay Fed taxes in the pasted changes are this will not make any difference in the about they pay now.
Old 12-23-17, 10:29 AM
All World

D4fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19AL63 View Post
I hope people realize that for the 47% of the taxpayers that did not pay Fed taxes in the pasted changes are this will not make any difference in the about they pay now.
There will be some families who did not pay taxes before who will be paying them now.
Old 12-23-17, 10:36 AM
All American

Happygoluckky is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Username1 View Post
lol you're going to a dumb black guy as credible info? Jeeze you must be really dumb.
He is a comedian.
Old 12-23-17, 10:37 AM
All American

Quote:
Pretty sure happy is Bj's gay brother. Both rely on opinions from Twitter as facts. No wonder you vote democrat. You're just too stupid know any better.
Two posts this morning...deep thoughts. Black man bad. Your gay.
Old 12-23-17, 10:40 AM
All American

Username1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
Two posts this morning...deep thoughts. Black man bad. Your gay.
No, "your" gay.
Old 12-23-17, 10:43 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4fan View Post
Increased personal exemption? I thought (was told by CPA) that personal exemptions of 4k per person were going away. So new plan is double the standard deduction from 12k to 24k for married filing jointly, but the personal exemption of 4k per person is gone. That means for married families of say four children, they gain 12k in the standard deduction but lose 24 k (6x4k) in the lost exemptions. With a family making 100k their savings on the rate decrease is rather insignificant to the increase tax from the exemption loss. This appears as an anti family tax plan in my opinion.

Child tax credit gets increased to help offset the exemption being taken away, but that only helps if your child is 17 or younger. The family that has multiple children in college and still living at home is getting raped by this plan.
Sorry if I rehashed old info as I did not read entire thread before posting.
While I do not believe trickle down works like it did 25 years ago in a global world their are (partisanship aside) benefits to the corporate tax decreases. Many retirement funds (working people, teachers, government employees, 401Ks. etc) will benefit. I do think they could have created a much better law. I actually am told (by EY accountant in charge of policy) that the code got bigger not smaller- good for their business/bad for the country.
Old 12-23-17, 11:07 AM
All American

Quote:
No, "your" gay.
Does this make you feel better about your self. Is a homophonic slur the best your simple mind can come up with? You are embarrassing yourself.

Last edited by Happygoluckky; 12-23-17 at 11:17 AM.
Old 12-23-17, 11:09 AM
All American

Yup bj's gay brother. It's not a slur, it's an adjective, it describes you.
Old 12-23-17, 11:13 AM
All World

Gh0st is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Does this make you feel better about your self. Is a homophonic slur the best your simple mind can come up with? Your are embarrassing yourself.
Do you English?
Old 12-23-17, 11:15 AM
All American

So lets dig a little deeper. What evidence do you have that anyone is gay? I have never met BJ. Are you 13 ? Homophobic? Does it make you feel "Manly" to criticize others on a message board? You seem very small minded and simple rarely adding anything to this board.
Old 12-23-17, 11:23 AM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I am pretty sure happy is from Mason. During soccer season he posts a lot about Mason soccer if I remember right. Not sure if he is a parent or recent player though.

Bjf is from delphos. And I think bjf is actually his gay "brother" to be honest.
Old 12-23-17, 11:23 AM
All Yappi

zeeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
BJ doesn't have a gay brother, he used that to interject his own gayness without having to actually admit he is gay. Happy's just a troll, don't necessarily think he's gay, but most Dems are gay, so there is that. Funny how gays and blacks are on the same team politically, most black dudes I have known hate hate hate gay dudes.
Old 12-23-17, 12:23 PM
All American

Quote:
So lets dig a little deeper. What evidence do you have that anyone is gay? I have never met BJ. Are you 13 ? Homophobic? Does it make you feel "Manly" to criticize others on a message board? You seem very small minded and simple rarely adding anything to this board.
The troll is rattled in less than 3 post. Man I am good. Next.
Old 12-23-17, 12:55 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Old 12-23-17, 12:57 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
easy for you to say
Old 12-23-17, 01:32 PM
All American

gneiss rocks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
While I do not believe trickle down works like it did 25 years ago in a global world their are (partisanship aside) benefits to the corporate tax decreases. Many retirement funds (working people, teachers, government employees, 401Ks. etc) will benefit. I do think they could have created a much better law. I actually am told (by EY accountant in charge of policy) that the code got bigger not smaller- good for their business/bad for the country.
You can not increase or decrease tax revenue. You can only increase or decrease tax rates.
Historically they have a inverse relationship...that is decreasing taxes especially on corporate and wealthy individuals(because they pay the most) will increase tax revenue.

Although it really does not matter unless we decrease spending...between debt and unfunded liabilities we are bankrupt, we can not even service our own debt and promises at this time no matter what we do with taxes. We probably need to run in the black for 50+ years to pay off the 140 trillion and that can only be done with massive spending cuts.

Last edited by gneiss rocks; 12-24-17 at 08:15 AM.
Old 12-23-17, 04:50 PM
All American

19AL63 is on a distinguished road
And massive cuts will no doubt send us into another recession. We need to go back and look at what and how President Eisenhower did it. I think I was taught that one reason you study history is to learn and repeat the things done right and not make the same mistakes that were made in the past.
Old 12-23-17, 10:29 PM
All American

Quote:
You should celebrate and come upstairs....maybe your Mom will give you a cookie before she sends you back to the basement.
Old 12-23-17, 10:52 PM
All American

gneiss rocks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
And massive cuts will no doubt send us into another recession. We need to go back and look at what and how President Eisenhower did it. I think I was taught that one reason you study history is to learn and repeat the things done right and not make the same mistakes that were made in the past.
History is the collective memory of our culture. Not knowing history would be akin to not having a memory on a personal level.

History tells us that massive tax raises or cuts do little to increase or lower revenue. Recessions tend to be collective mentality and cyclical.

Last edited by gneiss rocks; 12-24-17 at 08:13 AM.
Old 12-24-17, 12:31 AM
All Ohio

domi is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gneiss rocks View Post
History tells us that massive tax raises or cuts do little to increase or lower revenue. Recessions tend to be collective mentality and cyclical.
At least somebody else understands this.

Kudos for not spewing partisan talking points.
Old 12-24-17, 09:11 PM
All Yappi

SWMCinci is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
I am pretty sure happy is from Mason. During soccer season he posts a lot about Mason soccer if I remember right. Not sure if he is a parent or recent player though.

Bjf is from delphos. And I think bjf is actually his gay "brother" to be honest.
Mason doesn't want him. He's probably Deerfield Township, there are rules in Mason.
Old 12-26-17, 11:06 AM
All World

14Red is on a distinguished road
So tax reform, I don't read everything out there, but I saw and article this morning in the editorial page that says no one is in favor of it and it's not popular at all? I've not heard anything like that, I've heard that most seem to like it - because it's less taxes. Now many are skeptical because we've heard this before, but I don't hear much negative from it? Thoughts?
Old 12-26-17, 11:36 AM
All Yappi

SWMCinci is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
So tax reform, I don't read everything out there, but I saw and article this morning in the editorial page that says no one is in favor of it and it's not popular at all? I've not heard anything like that, I've heard that most seem to like it - because it's less taxes. Now many are skeptical because we've heard this before, but I don't hear much negative from it? Thoughts?
Everyone was against Obamascam, Ohio even passed a Constitutional Amendment banning the concept before it was made into law. Obamascam had less than 40% support when passed, then the "freebies" kicked in and it gradually trickled over 50% as long as you were taker and not a payor. The Dems have everyone confused, when people see a bump in their paychecks come February it will be the bee's knees. Too bad for Democrats elections aren't in January.
Old 12-26-17, 11:44 AM
All Ohio

sig4969 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

That would be true for teachers, government employees,

IF they have money in those accounts. Most of those accounts have
almost NO money. Those accounts are worst out than Social Security
Old 12-26-17, 11:47 AM
All Ohio

sig4969 is on a distinguished road
So people making 96% of the money and only paying 93% of taxes
are getting a bigger break in Taxes

Wake up people we need a third party to vote for.
Old 12-26-17, 01:52 PM
All World

14Red is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4fan View Post
There will be some families who did not pay taxes before who will be paying them now.
Good, everyone should pay some taxes...
Old 12-28-17, 03:15 PM
All World

D4fan is on a distinguished road
Interesting explanation on the 20% business deduction for sole proprietors, s corps, trusts, estates or partnerships in the tax geek Tuesday by Tony Nissi of Forbes.

This new tax code is going to keep the Irs and tax attorney's busy for the foreseeable future. This is anything but simple and adds a new level of compliance police required to ensure deductions are warranted.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: