Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-15-18, 03:21 PM
All American

SuperD1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonawildcat View Post
For those of you who assert that McCain got rich through corruption, you should know that John got all his millions the old fashioned way, he married himself into those bucks. His wife owned all the distribution rights in Arizona for Budweiser products, which, come to think of it, is a legitmate reason for disliking McCain.
We know whoís he married to.

Hensley and Co. had net sales of $350 million last year. The company is not worth 200 million.

Even so Hensley has two daughters so whatever the valuation is, itíd be split.

Some of the McCainís money came from H&C. I wonder how much came from Lincoln S&L amongst countless other rat holes heís been sitt8ng on for decades in D.C.
Old 08-15-18, 03:25 PM
All Yappi

arizonawildcat will become famous soon enough
You know, I came so close to posting a comment on Trump, SuperD1, and Stormy Daniels, but I realized in time that I would be given a time-out by Yappi if I went through with it. But you should be able to guess the punch line.
Old 08-15-18, 03:27 PM
All American

Actually, there are revenue discrepancies depending on the source. They’ve also purchased a few smaller companies.

I’m not crunching the numbers to come up with an accurate valuation of the whole.

Arizona is right. We’ve found the first politician who didn’t go to D.C. and use the time to line their pockets. Congratulations
Old 08-15-18, 03:31 PM
All American

Quote:
You know, I came so close to posting a comment on Trump, SuperD1, and Stormy Daniels, but I realized in time that I would be given a time-out by Yappi if I went through with it. But you should be able to guess the punch line.
Oh, I get it.

Thatís sort of like me asking if Hanoi John gives you a pillow to protect your old knees? But Iím confident an Ignatius man would be all too used to not having pillows around.

Seriously, is this where you want to take the thread?

Because Iím hopeful somebody may actually have another opinion on McCain.
Old 08-15-18, 03:50 PM
All Yappi

OK, you want my opinion on McCain: He's a 1000 times the Man Trump was, is, or ever will be. Satisfied?
Old 08-15-18, 04:09 PM
All American

Quote:
OK, you want my opinion on McCain: He's a 1000 times the Man Trump was, is, or ever will be. Satisfied?
You stated your opinion on McCain three pages ago.

Trump is 1000 times the president John McCain was, is or ever will be. Satisfied?
Old 08-15-18, 04:15 PM
All Yappi

You have your opinon. I have mine (the correct one BTW).
Old 08-15-18, 04:18 PM
All American

Quote:
You have your opinon. I have mine (the correct one BTW).
Accept your opinion is subjective. Mine is factual.

So either youíre have an issue with reality or forgot the definition of correct.
Old 08-15-18, 04:21 PM
All American

Qcity is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Well, at least he could have been better. But instead of doing what he did in the war, as a fully committed team player, he let his personal distaste for the president get the best of him; he abandoned the belief 'for the good of the country', and he voted to not dismantle obamacare.

He could survive being a POW, but could not handle his personal animus for the prez, precisely when his fellow countrymen needed him most.

What a sad, sad way to go out.
Old 08-15-18, 04:24 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD1 View Post
Accept your opinion is subjective. Mine is factual.

So either youíre have an issue with reality or forgot the definition of correct.
Only if you call factual a big heaping pile of guano.
Old 08-15-18, 04:35 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qcity View Post
Well, at least he could have been better. But instead of doing what he did in the war, as a fully committed team player, he let his personal distaste for the president get the best of him; he abandoned the belief 'for the good of the country', and he voted to not dismantle obamacare.

He could survive being a POW, but could not handle his personal animus for the prez, precisely when his fellow countrymen needed him most.

What a sad, sad way to go out.
Of course he voted not to dismantle Obarrycare.

He had a personal vendetta against the president. So he did exactly what heís done his entire, self centered life.
Represented himself.
Old 08-15-18, 05:21 PM
All World

SeeYaSometime is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMCinci View Post
Academy graduates are a little different, the largest numbers of pilots for all branches of service come out of ROTC programs. It may have changed, but at one time if you were at the USAF Academy you were pretty much guaranteed a pilot slot if you were medically qualified upon graduation. For AFROTC in my day, your scholarship could come with a pilot slot (opportunity to attend flight school), navigator slot or missile slot upon graduation. I don't know about the Naval Academy at that time, but my gut says if you were medically qualified and wanted to then you probably had the opportunity to go to flight school in Pensacola.

McCain's 1st assignment after flight school was the A1 Skyraider, a WWII-era, propeller-driven ground attack aircraft. Not a glamour assignment for a naval aviator, and only slightly better than being a transport pilot.

Agree with the ROTC statement. My BIL was AF ROTC for four years, graduated college in '71 with an electrical engineering degree and went right to Big Spring, TX for flight training. He graduated first in his class and shocked the heck out of the brass because he did not pick fighters for his assignment. (Did I say how intelligent he was?) Instead he chose to fly the C-141 transports. That kept him out of the fighting, but still in the war. He was however in on the Saigon airlift, the worst of his tour and won't talk about it.

After his stint he went to work as a commercial pilot for thirty years. He stayed in the Reserves and served in Desert Storm.
Old 08-15-18, 06:02 PM
All American

gneiss rocks is on a distinguished road
Obama was the worst president of my lifetime and I told several people I would vote for Obama before McCain. They are the worst political stooges our one party system could possible offer and this is why they were the nominees. Completely control and not by we the people.
Old 08-15-18, 06:27 PM
All American

goldentornado is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by gneiss rocks View Post
Obama was the worst president of my lifetime and I told several people I would vote for Obama before McCain. They are the worst political stooges our one party system could possible offer and this is why they were the nominees. Completely control and not by we the people.
so you are telling us you are 13, thanks for clearing that up
Old 08-15-18, 06:30 PM
All American

Quote:
Found neither quote in either link.
that's because you can't read above a 4th grade level
Old 08-15-18, 06:35 PM
All American

Quote:
Branch?

Plagiarism is a bad look. Even here.

If youíre going to copy a paragraph at least credit your source.
what really looks bad, is that his post just blew your nonsense out of the water. i guess you got tired of getting beat down on football forum , so you came over here for more abuse.
Old 08-15-18, 07:24 PM
All American

gneiss rocks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldentornado View Post
so you are telling us you are 13, thanks for clearing that up
First you think non citizens should be allowed to vote then you think someone 13 does vote...let me guess the dems are fresh out of voters again because they can't find enough stupid people.
Old 08-15-18, 08:22 PM
All Yappi

SWMCinci is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Good grief.

Graduates are not basically guaranteed spots in flight school.

This couldnít be any further from the truth and is easily verifiable.
Pretty close to accurate for the 1970s, and data from that time is tough to verify. I know with the reductions in force they only train about 1000 pilots per year today - pretty much split between the AFA and AFROTC. Back then it was nearly 4000. At my college almost half of our class went on to flight training. Like I said, at that time if you went to the AFA and were physically qualified and wanted to fly, you could go to flight school.
Old 08-15-18, 09:49 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by gneiss rocks View Post
First you think non citizens should be allowed to vote then you think someone 13 does vote...let me guess the dems are fresh out of voters again because they can't find enough stupid people.
show me where i stated non citizens should be allowed to vote. much like your idol the fat liar, you are just lying. you are probably fat too. as long as there are people of your genetics then there will always be stupid people . but they tend to vote for the GOP. ignorance can be dealt with , stupidity that's genetic , it can't be dealt with.
Old 08-15-18, 11:31 PM
All Yappi

Termite2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Oh, you just copied something you read.

You copied and pasted that directly from Wiki didn’t you?

There’s the way people writing a book report would say it. And then there’s the way a pilot would say it to another pilot. And no, I’m not a pilot.
I had to look up "wet fire" because I wasn't familiar with the term in relation to a jet.

Here is the report, the rocket went across[diagonally] the flight deck, 100 feet before striking A-4's. there were 8 sailors around the aircraft, the 2 armorers inspecting the Zuni's had minor burns, the location of their burns were identical to the 2 armorers on the USS Hancock who also had a Zuni fire through electrical surge.

Part 1
http://www.jag.navy.mil/library/inve...9%20PT%201.pdf

Part 2
http://www.jag.navy.mil/library/inve...9%20PT%202.pdf

Part 3
http://www.jag.navy.mil/library/inve...9%20PT%203.pdf

????? I base my knowledge of munitions on my army service, please explain how a electrically fired rocket goes off from heat, especially as the rocket would have to be facing the rear of McCain's plane and the rocket warhead never detonated. I have seen munition fires, been upclose and personal with cookoffs.
How does McCain's jet flame out a Zuni and not burn the 8 guys around the plane from 100 feet away.
The F4 jet was diagonally positioned on the flight deck, had just started his starboard engine, McCains A4 jet would have been on the opposite side, had already started and was in line for takeoff, none of his positions on the flight deck would have put his exhaust onto the jet that had the mishap, for that scenario to work, that plane would have to be behind McCain. The A-4's were on one side, the F-4's the other.
Old 08-15-18, 11:48 PM
All Yappi

Don't confuse SuperD1 with the facts, Termite. He knows what happened there as if he were actually there. McCain killed 134 sailors, and that's it. SuperD1 probably thinks McCain had a beer afterwards.
Old 08-16-18, 04:16 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Termite2 View Post
I had to look up "wet fire" because I wasn't familiar with the term in relation to a jet.

Here is the report, the rocket went across[diagonally] the flight deck, 100 feet before striking A-4's. there were 8 sailors around the aircraft, the 2 armorers inspecting the Zuni's had minor burns, the location of their burns were identical to the 2 armorers on the USS Hancock who also had a Zuni fire through electrical surge.

Part 1
http://www.jag.navy.mil/library/inve...9%20PT%201.pdf

Part 2
http://www.jag.navy.mil/library/inve...9%20PT%202.pdf

Part 3
http://www.jag.navy.mil/library/inve...9%20PT%203.pdf

????? I base my knowledge of munitions on my army service, please explain how a electrically fired rocket goes off from heat, especially as the rocket would have to be facing the rear of McCain's plane and the rocket warhead never detonated. I have seen munition fires, been upclose and personal with cookoffs.
How does McCain's jet flame out a Zuni and not burn the 8 guys around the plane from 100 feet away.
The F4 jet was diagonally positioned on the flight deck, had just started his starboard engine, McCains A4 jet would have been on the opposite side, had already started and was in line for takeoff, none of his positions on the flight deck would have put his exhaust onto the jet that had the mishap, for that scenario to work, that plane would have to be behind McCain. The A-4's were on one side, the F-4's the other.

I linked the Jag database three pages ago. I’ve read every word of the document twice.
I’ve already stated at least three times that the Navy found no one at fault.
Which is interesting.
They didn’t have any trouble placing blame for the Coral Sea, Zuni mishap. But I guess there were no admirals sons involved in that blunder.

You don’t need to keep posting Wiki paragraphs. I’ve read that too. Not that Wiki is even close to a reliable source of information.

I understand stupid people (all appear to be liberal politically... hmm) will rush to the aid of a notorious RINO. The same people who were undoubtedly trashing him when he ran for president.

I understand thirsty, dilapidated Arizonan fanboys will defend their senator.

I understand that some people just like him. They believe the common narrative that’s he’s a hero and support him accordingly which is completely fine.

But the thread is supposed to show a couple things one of which it has. That the majority of self identified Republicans have a negative view of him as a politician. And either didn’t vote for him or voted for him simply in an attempt to avoid that fool Obarry. Self identified liberals are here throwing the typical temper tantrum in his defense. Which should be odd but is not. Because they’re generally simple minded, fickle fools and his repudiation of Trump is reason enough to change their opinion of a career Republican. The same guy who selected Sarah Palin as his vice presidential candidate. No knock on Sarah but we all know what liberals think of her.

There is no shortage of positive information on McCain. Nobody needs to hear the same heroic detail for the tenth time.

Information refuting that narrative is not so well known.
It’s not just me putting this out there. Military officers at the highest levels have come out on national news and said the same. And were subsequently skewered by the media. Some have spent plenty of time here crying but I’ve yet to see a reasonable reply addressing that.

The entire story is bookended by two set of circumstances which are not in dispute.

He was a disrespectful jerk at the academy who had issues with authority and rules. - Self serving.

He has spent the last two years representing himself in spite of President Trump. - Self serving.

In between he crashed three different planes.

Ditched his wife to marry the daughter of a wealthy businessman.

Spent four plus decades in Congress. Nobody spends four decades in congresss serving anyone but themselves. Nobody, regardless of political affiliation or anything else. He’s the very definition of the swamp and why we need term limits.

In the middle of all this self serving behavior it’s claimed he did the most selfless thing a person could possible do. Wartime POW.

Except there are endless claims that it’s a lie and just another situation where he served himself. Not opinion pieces but other POW’s who were there and have given first hand accounts.
The Forrestal fire may very well be a conspiracy theory. But the Hanoi John story has teeth. The audio tape exists and has been linked.

You don’t start with the Forrestal. You arrive at it after looking at the rest of the picture.

Either way it’s something to think about. Obviously a lot of people here have trouble with that because they’re simple minded and stupid.

But for others who want a glimps of the other side of McCain’s story can take the information and draw their own conclusions. Everyone else can go back to their coloring books.
Old 08-16-18, 04:25 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldentornado View Post
show me where i stated non citizens should be allowed to vote. much like your idol the fat liar, you are just lying. you are probably fat too. as long as there are people of your genetics then there will always be stupid people . but they tend to vote for the GOP. ignorance can be dealt with , stupidity that's genetic , it can't be dealt with.
This is not mine but I’m using it here because it’s just too fitting.

Talking to this Obarry loving moron is like playing chess with a pigeon.
No matter what move you make he’ll knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around as if he’s victorious.

Neo, Happy, Harry, they may be fools but at least when you read their comments there’s some hint that a semi-functional adult is behind the keyboard.

Last edited by SuperD1; 08-16-18 at 04:36 AM.
Old 08-16-18, 04:33 AM
All American

Quote:
Don't confuse SuperD1 with the facts, Termite. He knows what happened there as if he were actually there. McCain killed 134 sailors, and that's it. SuperD1 probably thinks McCain had a beer afterwards.
This really should be a place where a discussion should be possible as to whether or not a colony of atomic blondes are hiding beneath gas clouds on Venus.

But that’s not really possible. Because even posters with some intelligence, albeit dilapidated, old, ambulance chasers, void of imagination don’t know the difference between fact and opinion.

Everything I’ve posted about the Forrestal has been opinion. I’ve made that very clear. Go change your Depends.
Old 08-16-18, 07:02 AM
All Yappi

Termite2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
This really should be a place where a discussion should be possible as to whether or not a colony of atomic blondes are hiding beneath gas clouds on Venus.

But thatís not really possible. Because even posters with some intelligence, albeit dilapidated, old, ambulance chasers, void of imagination donít know the difference between fact and opinion.

Everything Iíve posted about the Forrestal has been opinion. Iíve made that very clear. Go change your Depends.

Your opinion lacks common sense and a lack of understanding on how things work.
It is basically McCain was there so he must be at fault, doesn't withstand a cursory examination of the facts. It is McCain was there, so he must be at fault.
Old 08-16-18, 08:16 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Termite2 View Post
Your opinion lacks common sense and a lack of understanding on how things work.
It is basically McCain was there so he must be at fault, doesn't withstand a cursory examination of the facts. It is McCain was there, so he must be at fault.
Ah yes, the self proclaimed ordinance expert who’s done nothing but plagiarize Wikipedia.

Is that what I said? McCain was there so he must be at fault?
Everything I’ve said is still right where it was in black and white.

My case for the possibility McCain caused the disaster has been laid out twice.
And it doesn’t appear anybody else besides you needs it typed out a third time.
Old 08-16-18, 10:04 AM
All American

19AL63 is on a distinguished road
Typing it out the third time will not make it any more believable than the first two times. unless you think like many that if you repeat something false or untrue enough it will become believed and repeated by many.
Old 08-16-18, 10:07 AM
All World

Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
SuperDumb is getting beat up here. Not surprising he had a reputation for getting smacked around in the football forum too.
Old 08-16-18, 10:59 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
SuperDumb is getting beat up here. Not surprising he had a reputation for getting smacked around in the football forum too.
The girl that disappeared for a week talking about anyone else getting beat up.

I’m more than happy to turn my attention back to you bed wetter.

Last edited by SuperD1; 08-16-18 at 11:14 AM.
Old 08-16-18, 11:10 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19AL63 View Post
Typing it out the third time will not make it any more believable than the first two times. unless you think like many that if you repeat something false or untrue enough it will become believed and repeated by many.

Whether or not it is believable is for each person to decide on their own.

I’m not trying to convince anybody of anything.

Simply laying out some information (none of which was created by me) that people can choose to or to not take in to account before giving their opinion on McCain.

I still have yet to see any of you touch why anyone who comes out publically with these claims gets attacked by the media. Even though I know it’s because you don’t have an answer. At least not one that isn’t mind numbingly stupid.

It really is such a simple thing, opinions, yet so many are obviously having trouble comprehending it.

It’s like watching monkey play with matches. Which shouldn’t surprise anyone considering more than a few people here (the ones who live here and post nonstop) basically resemble Cro-Magnon man. I’m confident if pictures were available the typical sloped forehead would be easily identified.

There has however been a few posters who given opinions and as stated before was exactly what I was looking for. Liberals have a higher opinion of MCCain than Conservatives do.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: