Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-13-18, 11:01 PM
All American

SuperD1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonawildcat View Post
I'm sorry but you seem to be engaging in some sort of giant conspiracy hoax. Do you honestly believe that the NY times and the Washington Post, hardly bastions of Republicans, would have sat on this story, save for them being part of this conspiracy? Surely you aren't going to be part of the tin foil heads who believe that it mjust be a conspiracy because you can't prove that it isn't a conspiracy? Are you seriously going to believe that a single Annapolis grad is a viable source for information that should have been on every front page in America? Do you also believe George W. was the brains behind 9/11? That makes as much sense as your Mcain/Forrestal story.
I’m not sure what you’re disputing?

The only thing, historically that’s in dispute is whether or not McCain wet fired his jet and cause the Zuni to fire.

Which part of this is a conspiracy theory other than his daddy covering up his son’s mess? Something he’d been doing since he entered the Naval Academy and probably long before that.

The Times and WaPo cannot report on classified information. And the Navy’s official findings blamed no one.

Explain?
Old 08-13-18, 11:05 PM
All Yappi

arizonawildcat will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD1 View Post
The Times and WaPo cannot report on classified information. And the Navyís official findings blamed no one.

Explain?
Ever hear of the Pentagon Papers? It was in all the (news)papers, especially the Times. Don't you think that the parents of at least one of those dead 134 sailors would have raised a stink about any alleged cover-up? Or were they also part of the conspiracy?
Old 08-13-18, 11:10 PM
All American

Quote:
Ever hear of the Pentagon Papers? It was in all the (news)papers, especially the Times. Don't you think that the parents of at least one of those dead 134 sailors would have raised a stink about any alleged cover-up? Or were they also part of the conspiracy?
The investigation was not declassified until the 80ís.

Are you honestly going to act like military families are not kept in the dark about their sonís / daughterís deaths for purposes of national security? Does Pat Tillman ring a bell?

Come on....
Old 08-13-18, 11:12 PM
All American

Is this a good time to bring up that he destroyed three naval planes?
Old 08-13-18, 11:14 PM
All Yappi

But what about all those classified Pentagon Papers? What's your answer to that one?
Old 08-13-18, 11:18 PM
All American

Quote:
But what about all those classified Pentagon Papers? What's your answer to that one?
You’re combating the Naval Jag database and the official Navy historical web pages with the Pentagon Papers? How is that even relevant?
Old 08-13-18, 11:36 PM
All Yappi

Well the papers were classified by the whole US Armed Forces, not just the Navy, and The Times published them. I think you watched too many episodes of JAG, but seeing Catherine Bell was worth every minute of it. It's late and I've learned it's useless to have an argument with a conspiracy theoriest. Good night and pleasant dreams.
Old 08-13-18, 11:41 PM
All American

Quote:
Well the papers were classified by the whole US Armed Forces, not just the Navy, and The Times published them. I think you watched too many episodes of JAG, but seeing Catherine Bell was worth every minute of it. It's late and I've learned it's useless to have an argument with a conspiracy theoriest. Good night and pleasant dreams.
You could have just said you were a McCain fanboy ten comments ago and saved the time. Which is the point of the thread. You like him. I got it.

How is it late if you’re in Arizona? Ah.... Arizona, okay, I got it.
Old 08-14-18, 01:07 AM
All American

goldentornado is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Since Harry, the Democrat is busy praising the career Republican John McCain Iím curious as to posters opinions of the man.

A brief history to start;

Son of John S. McCain jr. - US Navy Admiral.

Grandson of John S McCain sr. - US Navy admiral.

Naval academy graduate, class of 1958

Graduated with a class rank of 894 of 899 Midshipmen.
Earned poor marks and assembled a record number of demerits.

McCainís Naval career lasted from his graduation from the academy (ensign) until his retirement as a captain in 1981.

POW in North Vietnam for five and half years from October 26th, 1967 to March 14th 1973.

Entered politics in 1982 and the rest is pretty well documented.

There is no shortage of good press on McCain so Iíll post a couple articles that paint a different picture.

The USS Forrestal

https://www.theburningplatform.com/2...d-134-sailors/

As a POW

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/200...is-no-war-hero
Can you give us the military history of Donald Trump?
Old 08-14-18, 08:47 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldentornado View Post
Can you give us the military history of Donald Trump?
Commander in chief of the United States military.

You know, the boss. Courtesy of the US Constitution, Section II, Article II, Clause I.

The end

I understand you sniveling, President Trump hating twats cannot talk about a ham sandwich without bringing up your president.

But the thread is just looking for opinions on McCain.
Old 08-14-18, 08:53 AM
All Yappi

SWMCinci is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
SuperD1 has the audacity to call out other people's grammar? I've seen some real doozies in my time on this board but this dude might take the cake.

John McCain is a great American.
I don't have an opinion one way or another if he was a great American. I think history judges people on that count. He served in the military and I think he's a good man. I think he's an honorable man. I agreed with him on things and disagreed with him on others. But there were a lot of things in his political career where he did the political thing and not necessarily the right or the brave thing.

He wasn't my 1st choice in 2008, or my 2nd, but I voted for him. I think McCain would have been better than Obama.
Old 08-14-18, 09:45 AM
All American

19AL63 is on a distinguished road
I really try to keep John McCain's military and political careers separate. As a conservative I have no use for Mr McCain, as far as I am concerned he is a Democrat in Republican clothing. He has shown so much hate and dislike for our President he is like a little kid and is willing cut off his nose to spite his face. He has done and said anything just like the Democrats to try to take Trump down. He is complete waste of a human life.
Old 08-14-18, 09:45 AM
All Region

Max Grumbleman is on a distinguished road
A patriot, but a jingo. I have never been a big fan because of the latter but respected him because of the former.

Now, Meghan McCain is very nice. Thicc (as the kids say). Wowza!
Old 08-14-18, 09:54 AM
Cooling Off

Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Grumbleman View Post
Now, Meghan McCain is very nice. Thicc (as the kids say). Wowza!
Grumblegut likes fat chicks
Old 08-14-18, 10:04 AM
All Region

Max Grumbleman is on a distinguished road
We must have different definitions for "fat chicks".
Old 08-14-18, 10:32 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by chs1971 View Post
The Pentagon Papers were not classified by any of the Armed Forces, including the Navy.
I still haven’t figured out where he was going with this and why he kept bringing it up.

It literally has nothing to do with the Forrestal fire.

And then conflating the Navy’s official legal database with a television show?

Normally this type of rubish would get slaughtered except I know he’s not a dumb person.
Old 08-14-18, 10:33 AM
All American

Quote:
Thatís his draconian way of cat calling you. Heís the fat chick.
Old 08-14-18, 11:42 AM
All American

Quote:

You know, the boss. Courtesy of the US Constitution, Section II, Article II, Clause I.

The end

I understand you sniveling, President Trump hating twats cannot talk about a ham sandwich without bringing up your president.

What war did Trump actually serve in? what medals did he attain? was he awarded anything other than a bowling participation award? how about any of the following?

Silver Star Medal
Bronze Star Medal
Combat "V"
Purple Heart Medal
Legion of Merit
Distinguished Flying Cross
Commendation Medal
Meritorious Service Medal
Legion of Merit
Old 08-14-18, 11:50 AM
All Yappi

dado6 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
What war did Trump actually serve in? what medals did he attain? was he awarded anything other than a bowling participation award? how about any of the following?

Silver Star Medal
Bronze Star Medal
Combat "V"
Purple Heart Medal
Legion of Merit
Commendation Medal
Legion of Merit
Trump served in the same military unit as Bill Clinton and Barack Obama, and received the same awards (none).

He didn't however, receive a bogus Nobel Peace prize like President Obama did, nor did he say he 'despised the military' like the Clintons did.

What does any of it have to do with anyone's opinion of John McCain?
Old 08-14-18, 11:55 AM
All American

Quote:

The end

I also understand you mentally and physically frail Trump supporters don't have the mental acumen to think for yourself. The only way you can try you make the fool you support appear to be a success is by trying to tear down others , because that is the presidents narrative, that is what he instructs his mindless flunkies to do. Maybe you should spend some time in a POW camp before you make feeble attempts to attack some one that did and has served his country honorably, in a attempt to promote a 5 time draft dodging .coward. You are a whining disgrace of a american .
Old 08-14-18, 11:57 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by dado6 View Post
Trump served in the same military unit as Bill Clinton and Barack Obama, and received the same awards (none).

He didn't however, receive a bogus Nobel Peace prize like President Obama did, nor did he say he 'despised the military' like the Clintons did.

What does any of it have to do with anyone's opinion of John McCain?
I don't see Bill Clinton or Obama attacking John McCain's military service
Old 08-14-18, 12:02 PM
All World

chs1971 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dado6 View Post
nor did he say he 'despised the military' like the Clintons did.
Clinton lied to get his deferment, Trump did not.
Old 08-14-18, 01:12 PM
All American

Quote:

Silver Star Medal
Bronze Star Medal
Combat "V"
Purple Heart Medal
Legion of Merit
Commendation Medal
Legion of Merit

I already answered this question stupid.
Old 08-14-18, 01:21 PM
All American

Quote:
of a american .

Mental acumen? Ah yes, the crutch of flacid (yes flacid, not flaccid) leftists everywhere.
Old 08-14-18, 01:42 PM
All American

McCain’s military career looks wildly impressive when presented in the context in which it has been fed to us by a political machine. And propped up by the media, all too happy to support a career RINO.

But aside from McCain being a borderline poor, self serving fixture in D.C. for well over four decades. There are some questions as to the whole of his contributions to the country. Both in service as a Naval officer and politician. Albeit the politician part has been much easier to navigate.
Of course these are contributing factors leading to the point of this thread.

What is your opinion of John McCain?

Now, it’s glaringly obviously that some are having trouble with this simple question which is implicitly opinion based. There is no right or wrong answer.

But for the rest of us let’s look beyond the common narrative.
And dare I say bring in to question his military service while mostly liberals (duh) are outraged (again, duh) at the audacity.
Which is interesting considering who’s military record (Bush II) is okay to question and who’s apparently is not.

If you really look in to the man starting with his academy years it’s hard not to objectively form the opinion that he was an entitled, disrespectful brat.

Look at his Naval and political careers through that lens and see if his story takes on a different light.

In the middle of the Forrestal fire in which no one was found at fault. That doesn’t happen when roughly 300 military personnel are killed or badly injured. To the best of my knowledge no other admirals son was on the deck at the time.

As for his time in captivity there are plenty of opinion pieces which refute the common narrative. Instead portray that McCain wasn’t quite the hero he was made out to be. Google “Songbird McCain” or “Hanoi Songbird”

https://arizonadailyindependent.com/...ongbird-audio/

He is without question an interesting man.

He has without question lived one hell of a life.

And if it seems I’m trying to help posters form a negative opinion that’s not the case.

Just to shed some light on the whole story so people can form their own opinions.

Last edited by SuperD1; 08-14-18 at 01:53 PM.
Old 08-14-18, 01:46 PM
All District

Bigscarletandgrey is on a distinguished road
Whether you like McCain's politics or not he doesn't call people names. Has never been accused of sexual harassment (at least that I've heard). Doesn't use his power to be a bully. Is respected by members on both sides of the aisle.
Old 08-14-18, 02:04 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigscarletandgrey View Post
Whether you like McCain's politics or not he doesn't call people names. Has never been accused of sexual harassment (at least that I've heard). Doesn't use his power to be a bully. Is respected by members on both sides of the aisle.

McCain is either a far better or far worse person than President Trump depending on which side of his story you subscribe to.
The one you’ve been told repeatedly or the one most people have never heard of.
Either way the the President has nothing to do with the point.
Old 08-14-18, 02:34 PM
All World

chs1971 is on a distinguished road
McCain is the better person, Trump the better president.
Old 08-14-18, 02:36 PM
Cooling Off

Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
This is who you fantasize about? Talk about low standards.

Old 08-14-18, 02:50 PM
All World

Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigscarletandgrey View Post
McCain has used his "power" to bully. He is known for being a maverick and holding up legislation. He has corrupted many pieces of legislation because he had the power. That's bullying.

While he is respected by both sides of the aisle he is also despised by both sides. He also has referred to to the President as a "dictator". Is that not name calling? He certainly did not mean it as a compliment.

The NYTimes ran an article about McCain having an illicit relationship with a lobbyist 30 years younger than him. While it is not a sexual harrassment accusation, it could certainly have been a sexual quid pro quo with a lobbyist..... certainly a form of corruption.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: