Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-13-18, 08:17 PM
All American

SuperD1 is on a distinguished road
Opinions on John McCain

Since Harry, the Democrat is busy praising the career Republican John McCain I’m curious as to posters opinions of the man.

A brief history to start;

Son of John S. McCain jr. - US Navy Admiral.

Grandson of John S McCain sr. - US Navy admiral.

Naval academy graduate, class of 1958

Graduated with a class rank of 894 of 899 Midshipmen.
Earned poor marks and assembled a record number of demerits.

McCain’s Naval career lasted from his graduation from the academy (ensign) until his retirement as a captain in 1981.

POW in North Vietnam for five and half years from October 26th, 1967 to March 14th 1973.

Entered politics in 1982 and the rest is pretty well documented.

There is no shortage of good press on McCain so I’ll post a couple articles that paint a different picture.

The USS Forrestal

https://www.theburningplatform.com/2...d-134-sailors/

As a POW

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/200...is-no-war-hero
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-18, 08:30 PM
All World

Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
You really are starting a thread because I mentioned that may be just may be Trump could have been a big person JUST ONCE and been one scintilla magnanimous and mentioned a dying man's name when announcing a bill with McCain's name on it ?

So you want a thread that will likely besmirch a guy dying of cancer with shoddy non mainstream supported theory's that McCain killed a bunch of people .

Sad thing is there are others out here that probably buy into something like this and will support you . Pathetic .
Old 08-13-18, 08:33 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
Sad thing is there are others out here that probably buy into something like this and will support you . Pathetic .

Buy in to what Communist?

Allowing people to hear two sides of an issue and form / voice their opinions?

If this is too much for you to handle then go back to your Snack Pack.
Old 08-13-18, 08:34 PM
All World

irish_buffalo will become famous soon enough
SuperD1 has the audacity to call out other people's grammar? I've seen some real doozies in my time on this board but this dude might take the cake.

John McCain is a great American.
Old 08-13-18, 08:36 PM
All World

Indiandad is on a distinguished road
I voted for McCain but he certainly wasn't my choice in the primaries and it was more of an anti Obama vote than a pro McCain vote.
Old 08-13-18, 08:36 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
SuperD1 has the audacity to call out other people's grammar? I've seen some real doozies in my time on this board but this dude might take the cake.

John McCain is a great American.
Example?

Noted, you like McCain. Certainly nothing wrong with that.
Old 08-13-18, 08:37 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiandad View Post
I voted for McCain but he certainly wasn't my choice in the primaries and it was more of an anti Obama vote than a pro McCain vote.
I actually abstained from that presidential election. But I see your point. And obviously you were proven correct.
Old 08-13-18, 08:39 PM
All American

Username1 is on a distinguished road
I missed the grammar thing IB.

McCain, I voted for him just because he is better than Obama. I was rooting for Romney to get the nomination though.
Old 08-13-18, 08:39 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD1 View Post
Example?
Everything or just your punctuation?
Old 08-13-18, 08:44 PM
All American

Quote:
Everything or just your punctuation?
Start with punctuation.
Old 08-13-18, 08:49 PM
All World

Misuse of coma or lack thereof. When speaking of someone as "Senior" or "Junior" it is usually capitalized such as Sr. & Jr. Many sentence fragments ending with periods while others do not. You should have used bullets which would have made it safe to not use (kind of). Again, you use a coma after "October 26th" but not after "March 14th".

I'm not big on these things, especially on a internet forum, but you have called people out on multiple occasions.

It is amazing how over an internet forum you can see how small and insecure you are. Freud would have a field day with you.
Old 08-13-18, 08:56 PM
All American

Quote:
Misuse of coma or lack thereof. When speaking of someone as "Senior" or "Junior" it is usually capitalized such as "Sr." & "Jr." Many sentence fragments ending with periods. Some not. Should have used bullets which would have made it safe to not use. Again, you use a coma after "October 26th" but not after "March 14th".

I'm not big on these things, especially on a internet forum, but you have called people out on multiple occasions.

It is amazing how over an internet forum you can see how small and insecure you are. Freud would have a field day with you.
Sr absolutely does not have to be capitalized.

Most of what I typed are bullet points and not sentences stupid. Therefore they are not fragments nor do they require a period. OMG, excuse my lack of structure.

Yes, I missed the comma in March. Congratulations, you got one.

Freud please

Run along moron and leave the thread to people with an opinion.
Old 08-13-18, 09:03 PM
All American

Hammerdrill is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Naval academy graduate, class of 1958

Graduated with a class rank of 894 of 899 Midshipmen.
Earned poor marks and assembled a record number of demerits.

Given that the Naval Academy is difficult to get into, all there should be really bright top notch kids. Given that someone has to be ranked last, isn't necessarily something negative, since the standards there are so high. Of course with McCain, it is hard to know, since of who is dad and grand dad were.

It is certainly not unthinkable that he "lucked" into his hero status to a certain degree. What we do know is that he was in fact a prisoner, which is pretty terrible.

His Naval career has nothing to do with the fact that he has been a terrible Republican. But he has been given a pass for all of these years, because he was a war hero. You don't question or criticize war heroes, women, minorities, or those with unusual sexual preferences. It is just the way it is, for some odd reason.
Old 08-13-18, 09:06 PM
All Yappi

Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
Daily Kos
Old 08-13-18, 09:08 PM
All World

Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerdrill View Post
You don't question or criticize war heroes, women, minorities, or those with unusual sexual preferences. It is just the way it is, for some odd reason.
This statement is untrue if you're any of the above AND a conservative. Then you're fair game.
Old 08-13-18, 09:09 PM
All American

Quote:
This statement is untrue if you're any of the above AND a conservative. Then you're fair game.
^
Old 08-13-18, 09:17 PM
All American

Hammerdrill is on a distinguished road
Quote:
correct, I was looking at it from a conservative's point of view.
Old 08-13-18, 09:23 PM
All Yappi

arizonawildcat will become famous soon enough
SuperD1,

Where did you get that article on the Forrestal incident from? It has no masthead, is very poorly written, and seems like a hatchet job. I've been following McCain's life for over 35 years and this is the first time I've ever heard of this incident. I mean that I heard of the incident and loss of life and injuries, but not McCain's role in it. Please provide some further authorization.
Old 08-13-18, 09:28 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonawildcat View Post
SuperD1,

Where did you get that article on the Forrestal incident from? It has no masthead, is very poorly written, and seems like a hatchet job. I've been following McCain's life for over 35 years and this is the first time I've ever heard of this incident. I mean that I heard of the incident and loss of life and injuries, but not McCain's role in it. Please provide some further authorization.
Someone turned me on to it a while ago.

Both articles are clearly opinion pieces.

As for the Forrestal, I’m surprised you’re unfamiliar with it. Whether he is to blame is for each to decide. Obviously he had the political support to cover it up if he was at fault.

Whether or not he wet fired his jet is the question. IMO it really it fits with everything we know about him. He was a wild man.

I would never suggest he meant to hurt anyone.
Old 08-13-18, 09:32 PM
All Yappi

Then it seems you're jumping to a conclusion about McCain's involvement without any real evidence to back it up, other than that at other times in his life he did foolish things.
Old 08-13-18, 09:32 PM
All American

Quote:
SuperD1,

McCain being an A4 pilot on standby, on the deck of the Forrestal when the disaster took place is a matter of record.
Plenty of places to source that information.
Old 08-13-18, 09:37 PM
All American

Quote:
Then it seems you're jumping to a conclusion about McCain's involvement without any real evidence to back it up, other than that at other times in his life he did foolish things.

When there is a lack of empirical evidence we draw conclusions from what we know.
Sometimes that means connecting dots based on many things which are unproven.

Youíre an Ignatius man. You donít need me to tell you that.
Old 08-13-18, 09:42 PM
All Yappi

Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
That's not true. In addition to that garbage site you questioned, he has a link from The Daily Kos, one of the nuttiest far left sites in existence.

What more do you need?
Old 08-13-18, 09:45 PM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Misuse of coma or lack thereof. When speaking of someone as "Senior" or "Junior" it is usually capitalized such as Sr. & Jr. Many sentence fragments ending with periods while others do not. You should have used bullets which would have made it safe to not use (kind of). Again, you use a coma after "October 26th" but not after "March 14th".

Lol. I had to laugh because I have done the same thing before on here when pointing bad grammar or spelling.
Old 08-13-18, 09:45 PM
All Yappi

Well, when you say (or the article says) that he was responsible for the death of 134 men and the injuries of hundreds more, I expect a lot more than connect the dots. Like just where on the deck of the Forrestal was his plane stationed? Was his plane missing the missile/rocket that caused the accident? There just seems to be a whole lot of hard evidence that could have been easily gathered.
Old 08-13-18, 09:58 PM
All American

Quote:
Well, when you say (or the article says) that he was responsible for the death of 134 men and the injuries of hundreds more, I expect a lot more than connect the dots. Like just where on the deck of the Forrestal was his plane stationed? Was his plane missing the missile/rocket that caused the accident? There just seems to be a whole lot of hard evidence that could have been easily gathered.
Any other pilot and perhaps it would have been. Any other Middie would have been dismissed for half the demerits.

The ordinance that started the fire came from his plane. This information is available.

There are other sites that cover McCain and the Forrestal. This is just the one I had bookmarked.
Old 08-13-18, 10:28 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
The ordinance that started the fire came from his plane. This information is available.
OK, that is the type of hard evidence I was seeking. I'm just wondering why this is coming out now when the man is on his deathbed and there wasn't a peep of it when he was the Reublican candidate for the presidency. I would think that every prying reporter in the country would have been all over it and the dems would have run continuous ads about the murderous John McCain slaughtering American servicemen I'm sorry, but it just doesn't add up for me and appears to be nothing more than a political hatchet job.
Old 08-13-18, 10:45 PM
All American

Quote:
OK, that is the type of hard evidence I was seeking. I'm just wondering why this is coming out now when the man is on his deathbed and there wasn't a peep of it when he was the Reublican candidate for the presidency. I would think that every prying reporter in the country would have been all over it and the dems would have run continuous ads about the murderous John McCain slaughtering American servicemen I'm sorry, but it just doesn't add up for me and appears to be nothing more than a political hatchet job.

I’ve known about this for years. In fact I was turned on to it by an Annapolis graduate. He didn’t have first hand knowledge but it’s not a secret there.

But you bring up a valid point.

With McCain’s political career being so high profile why don’t people know about the story? It is possible that it was covered up them and buried now? Why?

Something else you should consider. The Navy concluded officially that no one was at fault.

How is no one at fault in an accident that killed 134 and wounded another 161 sailors?
Who else could have possibly been involved with the political clout to make something of this magnitude disappear?
Zuni’s Don’t fire themselves and the electronics were too primitive to be at fault.

If you’re interested in McCain, the entire ordeal is worth investigating.

Last edited by SuperD1; 08-13-18 at 10:55 PM.
Old 08-13-18, 10:51 PM
All American

Quote:
This is actually more informative as to the Judge advocates final investigative report.

http://www.jag.navy.mil/library/jagm...stigations.htm

Search by 1967 and download parts I and II.
Old 08-13-18, 10:56 PM
All Yappi

I'm sorry but you seem to be engaging in some sort of giant conspiracy hoax. Do you honestly believe that the NY times and the Washington Post, hardly bastions of Republicans, would have sat on this story, save for them being part of this conspiracy? Surely you aren't going to be part of the tin foil heads who believe that it mjust be a conspiracy because you can't prove that it isn't a conspiracy? Are you seriously going to believe that a single Annapolis grad is a viable source for information that should have been on every front page in America? Do you also believe George W. was the brains behind 9/11? That makes as much sense as your Mcain/Forrestal story.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: