Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-12-18, 06:05 AM
All Yappi

Yellow_Jacket06 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Yellow_Jacket06 Send a message via Yahoo to Yellow_Jacket06
Sidney Yellow Jackets 2018

It's really no secret to anyone that follows Dayton area football that Sidney is going to be in rebuilding mode. Normally, every year is considered a rebuilding year but this is the first season in a long time where that is actually true after the Jackets first playoff birth since 1989 a year ago. A lot of key positions need to be replaced such as QB, RB and along both lines. The position groups of strength will be WR, DB and LB. Overall this may be a year in which the defense is better than the offense, which might not necessarily be a good thing. The Jackets struggled in their most recent scrimmage at Edgewood, losing to all three other teams in attendance (Edgewood 4-2, Milford 4-1, Massie 3-1). Scrimmage results can be deceiving as the Jackets struggled at times last season before their playoff run but I think it's safe to say 2018 will be a work in progress.

Some articles of relevance:

https://www.sidneydailynews.com/spor...for-two-a-days

https://www.sidneydailynews.com/spor...its-for-sidney

https://www.sidneydailynews.com/spor...e-expectations

https://www.sidneydailynews.com/spor...s-in-scrimmage

https://www.sidneydailynews.com/spor...ave-work-to-do

Last edited by Yellow_Jacket06; 08-12-18 at 10:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-18, 07:26 AM
All World

troyboy73 is on a distinguished road
4 tough games to open the season.
Old 08-12-18, 08:38 PM
Junior Varsity

bucks_27 is on a distinguished road
Tons of talent in the def secondary, wr. Very, very young.Will see around 5 freshman starting before mid season.
Sadly, when your defense was so awful last year and had to play your starters on offense the whole game so, nobody else got any experience and it will show.
I can see maybe, and it's a stretch 3 or 4 wins. Gonna be a long one. As for Troy, they probably won't lose a game and should easily run away with the GWOC North...
Old 08-12-18, 11:04 PM
All District

BelmontBison is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Jacket06 View Post
It's really no secret to anyone that follows Dayton area football that Sidney is going to be in rebuilding mode. Normally, every year is considered a rebuilding year but this is the first season in a long time where that is actually true after the Jackets first playoff birth since 1989 a year ago. A lot of key positions need to be replaced such as QB, RB and along both lines. The position groups of strength will be WR, DB and LB. Overall this may be a year in which the defense is better than the offense, which might not necessarily be a good thing. The Jackets struggled in their most recent scrimmage at Edgewood, losing to all three other teams in attendance (Edgewood 4-2, Milford 4-1, Massie 3-1). Scrimmage results can be deceiving as the Jackets struggled at times last season before their playoff run but I think it's safe to say 2018 will be a work in progress.

Some articles of relevance:

https://www.sidneydailynews.com/spor...for-two-a-days

https://www.sidneydailynews.com/spor...its-for-sidney

https://www.sidneydailynews.com/spor...e-expectations

https://www.sidneydailynews.com/spor...s-in-scrimmage

https://www.sidneydailynews.com/spor...ave-work-to-do
Old 08-13-18, 06:42 AM
All District

OHFball10 is on a distinguished road
How many wins does everyone think Sidney can get this year? The nonconference is tough, and on top of that they have to play Trotwood in a crossover game.

Here's what I predict:

WINS - @ Fairborn, vs. Greenville

LOSSES - @ St. Marys, vs. Bellefontaine, @ Belmont, vs. Trotwood, vs. Piqua, @ Tippecanoe, @ Troy, vs. Butler

I think Belmont, Tipp & Butler could be winnable games, but I don't know what to expect from Sidney this year since they lose so much from last year's squad
Old 08-13-18, 02:43 PM
All American

TippIsGreat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHFball10 View Post
How many wins does everyone think Sidney can get this year? The nonconference is tough, and on top of that they have to play Trotwood in a crossover game.

Here's what I predict:

WINS - @ Fairborn, vs. Greenville

LOSSES - @ St. Marys, vs. Bellefontaine, @ Belmont, vs. Trotwood, vs. Piqua, @ Tippecanoe, @ Troy, vs. Butler

I think Belmont, Tipp & Butler could be winnable games, but I don't know what to expect from Sidney this year since they lose so much from last year's squad
Iím sorry but Tipp and Butler are not winnable games for Sidney. Sidney is 1-1 with a one score win versus Tipp the last two years with their best team in years and 3 division 1 talents. After all they lost Sidney will experience a lot of blowouts this year, but luckily for them that freshman class is really good.
Old 08-14-18, 10:03 AM
All District

OHFball10 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TippIsGreat View Post
Iím sorry but Tipp and Butler are not winnable games for Sidney. Sidney is 1-1 with a one score win versus Tipp the last two years with their best team in years and 3 division 1 talents. After all they lost Sidney will experience a lot of blowouts this year, but luckily for them that freshman class is really good.
You may be correct, but I just wasn't going that far with my prediction since there's still a lot of unknowns about these teams that we won't find out until the season starts. Upsets happen as well sometimes, so you never know. Most likely Sidney will lose both anyways.
Old 08-16-18, 07:10 PM
All Yappi

Send a message via MSN to Yellow_Jacket06 Send a message via Yahoo to Yellow_Jacket06
Scrimmage update:

CJ 30
Sidney 14

2 Quarters
Old 08-16-18, 07:50 PM
Varsity

Chisel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Jacket06 View Post
Scrimmage update:

CJ 30
Sidney 14

2 Quarters
sheesh 30 points in 2 quarters...
Old 08-16-18, 08:05 PM
All Yappi

CJ 33
Sidney 21

Less than 2 minutes left in the 3rd.
Old 08-16-18, 11:09 PM
All Yappi

I think regardless what their W/L record is at the end of the season, this team should improve considerably with more experience and reps for the younger guys. Might not be something the current seniors or maybe juniors want to hear but I feel like the turnaround won't be seen for another season or two.

https://www.sidneydailynews.com/spor...inade-julienne
Old 08-17-18, 09:10 AM
All Ohio

BrutusBuckeye90 is on a distinguished road
I'm just looking for the guys who said that Bowser would not be playing RB at Northwestern. Where are those guys? ;-)
Old 08-22-18, 12:10 AM
All Ohio

Michael Hirn is on a distinguished road
One thing I noticed looking over the starters for Sidney this weekend is like YJ said, they're young in terms of games played despite having a bunch of juniors in the lineup.
Old 08-22-18, 10:39 AM
All Ohio

knockemstiff is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutusBuckeye90 View Post
I'm just looking for the guys who said that Bowser would not be playing RB at Northwestern. Where are those guys? ;-)
You mean this quote?

Originally Posted by Zezzo! View Post
M1 much love for you but I'd take Brewer over everybody but Hargrove. We haven't heard from Gilbert since high school,Izzy went D2(Brewer went to the SEC) Saine has an argument,Bowser IMO is not as good as any of them but he is a workhorse that gets a ton carries I don't see him being a running back at the next level.
Old 08-22-18, 10:59 AM
All Ohio

BrutusBuckeye90 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by knockemstiff View Post
You mean this quote?

Originally Posted by Zezzo! View Post
M1 much love for you but I'd take Brewer over everybody but Hargrove. We haven't heard from Gilbert since high school,Izzy went D2(Brewer went to the SEC) Saine has an argument,Bowser IMO is not as good as any of them but he is a workhorse that gets a ton carries I don't see him being a running back at the next level.
This is one of them. I saw a few who "Guaranteed" he'd be playing defense in college.