Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-14-17, 05:29 AM
All District

Msfootball is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
After a win next week in CW they likely can coast in week 10 and give son guys time off to deter injuries and keep em fresh foe the playoffs.

Anna has one heck of a chance in D5. Other than CHcA and CCC last year I was not impressed with the depth in that division.

Likely best chance MAC has do a title this year
Totally agree. I see Kirtland won again 55-0 last night. The MAC has virtually zero chance in D6. Just don't see Minster or DSJ getting it done in D7. As you stated, D5 is pretty weak. If Anna can be healthy, they have a legit shot.
Old 10-14-17, 08:17 AM
All American

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
After a win next week in CW they likely can coast in week 10 and give son guys time off to deter injuries and keep em fresh foe the playoffs.

Anna has one heck of a chance in D5. Other than CHcA and CCC last year I was not impressed with the depth in that division.

Likely best chance MAC has do a title this year
Agreed.
Old 10-14-17, 08:21 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msfootball View Post
Totally agree. I see Kirtland won again 55-0 last night. The MAC has virtually zero chance in D6. Just don't see Minster or DSJ getting it done in D7. As you stated, D5 is pretty weak. If Anna can be healthy, they have a legit shot.
They haven't played Cuyahoga Heights yet. If they blow out Cuyahoga, then I'd say they're the favorite. Don't throw the MAC completely out of the picture though.
Old 10-14-17, 09:06 AM
All Ohio

tonka is on a distinguished road
The problem is if they lose to Coldwater this week Anna may play at CHCA in week 11. Arguabaly their toughest D5 opponent.
Old 10-14-17, 09:19 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonka View Post
The problem is if they lose to Coldwater this week Anna may play at CHCA in week 11. Arguabaly their toughest D5 opponent.
That would suck but CHCA's League schedule will never prepare them for a MAC School. I'd still pick Anna by 2 touchdowns.
Old 10-14-17, 09:23 AM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
That would suck but CHCA's League schedule will never prepare them for a MAC School. I'd still pick Anna by 2 touchdowns.
I thought the last couple of seasons CHCA was the second best team in D5. Last year they were a couple of dropped wide open TD passes from beating CW.

Plus we have no idea what new recruits they have this season. I'd be more wary of CHCA than anyone else in D5 if I was Anna
Old 10-14-17, 09:51 AM
All American

Quote:
I thought the last couple of seasons CHCA was the second best team in D5. Last year they were a couple of dropped wide open TD passes from beating CW.

Plus we have no idea what new recruits they have this season. I'd be more wary of CHCA than anyone else in D5 if I was Anna
Last year I would agree. 2 years ago I thought Brookville was better than them. 2 years ago Brookville was probably the 3rd or 4th best team in D5. Speaking of them, would Anna have to play them twice or will Brookville miss out on the post season? We'll find out in 2 short weeks! They play 8-0 Valley View this week and 7-1 Franklin the week after.
Old 10-14-17, 09:55 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Last year I would agree. 2 years ago I thought Brookville was better than them. 2 years ago Brookville was probably the 3rd or 4th best team in D5. Speaking of them, would Anna have to play them twice or will Brookville miss out on the post season? We'll find out in 2 short weeks! They play 8-0 Valley View this week and 7-1 Franklin the week after.
Brookville was solid. No doubt. The scores didn't support my theory but I just believe our style of speed matched up and neutralized CHCA so well and if they did not face us their athletic ability beats brookville, but that's just my opinion

Also....dannot discount any new talent that showed up on CHCA s doorstep this season
Old 10-14-17, 10:38 AM
All American

Quote:
Brookville was solid. No doubt. The scores didn't support my theory but I just believe our style of speed matched up and neutralized CHCA so well and if they did not face us their athletic ability beats brookville, but that's just my opinion

Also....dannot discount any new talent that showed up on CHCA s doorstep this season
I wonder who they picked up in the offseason. Maybe a coach will adopt another 6 foot 8 tackle! Lol
Old 10-14-17, 06:24 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
I wonder who they picked up in the offseason. Maybe a coach will adopt another 6 foot 8 tackle! Lol
I will let Free From Green speak to this more because I know he is a fan of the program but CHCA does not recruit. In fact they have lost some of the best players in Cincinnati the past few years to the bigger private schools. Clifford the QB at Penn St and Thompson the DL at Northwestern were both at CHCA in junior high. Im sure if they did recruit they would have tried to keep those two guys.
Old 10-15-17, 10:11 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
I will let Free From Green speak to this more because I know he is a fan of the program but CHCA does not recruit. In fact they have lost some of the best players in Cincinnati the past few years to the bigger private schools. Clifford the QB at Penn St and Thompson the DL at Northwestern were both at CHCA in junior high. Im sure if they did recruit they would have tried to keep those two guys.
All I am saying is with a private school in the city it's tougher to predict whom will be on the team from year to year more so than a school like maybe Anna or other Mac schools.

I want to see who wil, be playing varsity foe our squads in can watch them all in JH, or frosh o r JV the year before.

I being up chca becaus the last couple of seasons I liked the talent they had and were legit d5 contenders vs coldwater. They beat CCC last year and I think beat CCC the year prior.

You jist never know from season to season with the private city schools.....
Old 10-15-17, 10:14 AM
All Region

a_td is on a distinguished road
As long as the QB, Meyer, is on the field the Rockets will be fine.
Old 10-15-17, 01:08 PM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
I wouldn't overlook Middletown Madison, Greenview either. Anna is the frontrunner in region 20.
Old 10-15-17, 08:16 PM
Freshman

Rocket Man is on a distinguished road
We can't afford to overlook anybody. Right now we're focused on Coldwater. We're not a lock for the playoffs yet.
Old 10-16-17, 07:17 AM
All Region

FreeFromGreen is on a distinguished road
Just as a response to the "you never know from season to season with the private city schools"

St Xavier, Moeller, LaSalle, Elder all exist within the city. CHCA loses 3 of the top 10 middle school players every year to one of the GCL schools in the city.

I would urge you to look at the roster from 2016 and compare to 2017. CHCA lost a ton of senior leadership and talent from last year, but the playmakers, starters, role players, and bench support guys are all from last year's team.

CHCA probably picked up 3 or 4 freshman who chose to enter CHCA to further their education...but I can state for a fact that the top 3 players from the middle school program are now matriculating at St Xavier high school. If CHCA were recruiting, I would venture to say they would probably start with the talent within their own hallways.

So to say that the roster changes year over year is disingenuous at best, bordering on ignorant.

that said, I hope to see a CHCA-Anna matchup (preferably in the regional final) as I think it would be a really great match up.
Old 10-16-17, 12:42 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeFromGreen View Post
Just as a response to the "you never know from season to season with the private city schools"

St Xavier, Moeller, LaSalle, Elder all exist within the city. CHCA loses 3 of the top 10 middle school players every year to one of the GCL schools in the city.

I would urge you to look at the roster from 2016 and compare to 2017. CHCA lost a ton of senior leadership and talent from last year, but the playmakers, starters, role players, and bench support guys are all from last year's team.

CHCA probably picked up 3 or 4 freshman who chose to enter CHCA to further their education...but I can state for a fact that the top 3 players from the middle school program are now matriculating at St Xavier high school. If CHCA were recruiting, I would venture to say they would probably start with the talent within their own hallways.

So to say that the roster changes year over year is disingenuous at best, bordering on ignorant.

that said, I hope to see a CHCA-Anna matchup (preferably in the regional final) as I think it would be a really great match up.
Well said. I am also hopeful for a CHCA vs Anna matchup. I do not think CHCA is nearly as good as last year but I am curious how CHCA would do playing against a MAC school not named Coldwater.
Old 10-16-17, 03:57 PM
All American

Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Well said. I am also hopeful for a CHCA vs Anna matchup. I do not think CHCA is nearly as good as last year but I am curious how CHCA would do playing against a MAC school not named Coldwater.
I think it all comes down to the health of Meyer. With him, Anna is very good. Without him they are vulnerable.
Old 10-16-17, 07:55 PM
All District

P(irate) is on a distinguished road
I want to know more about this QB. It sounds like he’s the reason for all of the success.
Old 10-16-17, 08:26 PM
All American

Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by P(irate) View Post
I want to know more about this QB. It sounds like hes the reason for all of the success.
Not all of their success but he is a major component.