Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Elder Panthers

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-20-18, 05:54 PM
All American

Rush Limbaugh is on a distinguished road
Gahanna Lincoln @ Elder

The 2018 football season is here and Pboy is already complaining with his usual insults and useless fights with other fans.

Him aside, how does this game look? I hear that Gahanna Lincoln does not have much talent coming back this year... Will this game sell out? Anything new at The Pit this year?

Here's to a fun and exciting season!
Old 08-20-18, 06:43 PM
All Region

Dale Cooper is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush Limbaugh View Post
The 2018 football season is here and Pboy is already complaining with his usual insults and useless fights with other fans.

Him aside, how does this game look? I hear that Gahanna Lincoln does not have much talent coming back this year... Will this game sell out? Anything new at The Pit this year?

Here's to a fun and exciting season!
Sounds like Lincoln lost a lot to graduation and transfer. I don’t want to overhype this team based on 2 scrimmages(against mediocre teams), but they look very good. Bittner should have a huge season behind one of the bigger Lines in recent memory. As long as the Defense plays moderately well, they’ll be in a position to win every game they play.
Old 08-20-18, 06:48 PM
All American

Pantherontheporch is on a distinguished road
From the local fishwrap, by Jarrod Ulrey:

The Gahanna Lincoln High School football team is doing its best not to dwell on ''what might have been" as it looks to make another run to the postseason under fifth-year coach Bruce Ward.
In late December, the Lions had one of their top expected returnees, senior defensive lineman and TCU-commit Karter Johnson, enroll at defending Division I state champion Pickerington Central.
Then on June 11, quarter back Mike Lowery announced that he was returning for his senior year to Pickerington North, where he played as a freshman before starting at Gahanna the last two seasons.
Also during the offseason, offensive coordinator Jarrod Pruiett left to become an assistant at Pickerington North and three other players projected to be key contributors for the Lions moved into other districts.
The flip side of the movement - chances for others to receive playing time - is what Ward and the program's 70 players in grades 10-12 are banking on to keep their spirits high.
Gahanna went 7-5 overall and placed fourth at 2-3 in the OCC-Ohio Division last fall.
"It was tough there for a while, but you just move on," Ward said. "You lose kids every year, whether it be to graduation, injuries, grades. Our kids look at it as an opportunity. There was no doubt (Lowery) was the starter but most kids want to come in with an opportunity of competing for a spot.”
“For those guys in the quarterback room, they were like, 'Let's go. Now we've got a shot.' We'll try to get better day by day."
The unexpected departures aside, the Lions have one of central Ohio's top returning running backs in senior Justus Harris and the makings of a top-notch linebacking corps with the return of seniors Zajdi Hoxha, C.J. Kiss and David Williams.
There's also a foundation of success under Ward that includes three playoff appearances in four seasons, including last fall when the Lions pulled a first-round playoff upset over Olentangy Orange (38-37 in overtime) before losing 17-14 to eventual state semifinalist Olentangy Liberty in a Division I, Region 2 semifinal.
Kiss is excited about the "close brotherhood" he's been seeing, and Harris believes players like he and Kiss are ready for the challenge.
"We're going to have to show up for us because we're the returning veterans," Harris said ''We have some returning starters and our defense is pretty much the same. (The returnees) are going to have to hold it down."
OFFENSE
Harris gives the Lions an experienced go-to option after rushing for 1,019 yards and scoring 19 touchdowns last season.
Junior Travis Whittaker, who is the son of Gahanna girls track and field coach Roger Whittaker, figures to play a bigger role in the backfield after missing four games last season with an injury.
Kiss has offers from a group of schools that includes Akron as a tight end and likely will spend time at that position as well as wide receiver.
Senior Riley Lutsko and junior A'che Sanchez-Baccus are returning starters on the offensive line.
Lowery was the biggest loss on offense after passing for 2,379 yards with 22 touchdowns and four interceptions last season.
Senior Devin Jenkins, junior Will Thomas and sophomore Trey Burger competed·during the preseason to take over for Lowery.
''Trey was the quarterback on the freshman team last year and Devin and Will split time at (junior varsity)," Ward said.
“They all bring different things. Will Thomas has a strong arm and throws a great deep ball. Trey is a more cerebral guy. Devin is more of a jack-of-all trades who can kind of do a little bit of everything."
DEFENSE
Williams finished with 73 tackles and expects to lead the defense along with senior cornerback LaCarr Trent, who had 34 pass deflections.
Trent has been offered by Robert Morris and Tiffin.
Hoxha started the first four games before going down with a season-ending injury.
Whittaker should start in the secondary after playing a key role at linebacker during the second half of last season.
Senior Josh Orkis is expected to be at nose tackle, with junior Qwyn Williams, Sanchez-Baccus, senior Lamine Kaba and junior Grant Terry all seeing time at end.
Williams is the brother of 2015 Gahanna graduate Marq Williams, who is playing for Saginaw Valley State.
Senior Sam Young, who is a wide receiver and linebacker, has been receiving interest from Division II colleges.
SPECIAL TEAMS
Junior Kobie Stillwell is the returning kicker and punter. He averaged 35.9 yards per punt, with seven inside the 20, and made 30 extra points and six field goals.
Harris, who returned one kickoff for a touchdown, figures to lead the return team.
THE LINEUP
Offense
Quarterbacks: Devin Jenkins (sr., 6-0, 186), Will Thomas (jr.,6-1, 195), Trey Burger (so., 5-9, 177)
Running backs: *Justus Harris (sr., 5-9, 193), *Travis Whittaker (jr., 5-8, 175), Dylan Kankiewicz (sr., 5-7, 157), David Williams (sr., 5-10, 185)
Receivers: *C.J. Kiss (sr., 6-5, 217), *Kobie Stillwell (jr., 6-2, 168), Lee Bennett (sr., 6-0, 165), Sam Young (sr., 6-l, 171 ), Khalil Johnson (jr., 5-6, 139)
Tight end: Kiss
Linemen: *Riley Lutsko (sr., 6-0, 251), *Josh Orkis (sr., 5-9,196), *A'che Sanchez-Baccus (jr., 6-2, 292), *Luke Baker (jr., 5-10, 201), Tommy Bailey (so., 6-4, 240), Mykohl Martin (so., 6-l, 276)
Defense
Linemen: *Orkis, *Sanchez-Baccus, *Qwyn Williams (jr., 6-2, 250), Lamine Kaba (sr., 6-3, 280), Dylan Brooking (jr., 5-7, 301), Grant Terry (jr., 6-2,300)
Linebackers: *Zajdi Hoxha (sr., 6-0, 213), *Kiss, *Williams, *Young, Baker
Secondary: *LaCarr Trent (sr., 5-10, 160), *Whittaker, *Mason Weber (jr., 5-11, 188), Bennett, Jayden Hill (sr., 6-0, 165), Percy King (sr., 6-1, 17)
Special teams
Kicker: *Stillwell
Punter: *Stillwell
Returners: *Harris, *Reggie Pace (jr., 5-8, 160)
Long snappers: Major Brown (sr., 6-2, 180), Lutsko, Williams
(*Denotes projected starter)
Old 08-20-18, 08:10 PM
All Yappi

PURPLE REIGN is on a distinguished road
Elder 35
Gahanna 21

Gahanna RB is likely to break at least one long TD but IMO Elder controls this game from start to finish.
Old 08-20-18, 08:37 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by PURPLE REIGN View Post
Elder 35
Gahanna 21

Gahanna RB is likely to break at least one long TD but IMO Elder controls this game from start to finish.
I don’t know what to expect from Elder’s Defense. They performed well in the scrimmages, but Mason’s Offense sucks and Anderson has zero balance.

Elder should load the box and make Lincoln throw the ball.
Old 08-21-18, 07:58 AM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
I think Elder rolls in this one. 2-hour drive for Gahanna, mixed with a lot of first timers receiving game action. Elder's offense appears to be in mid-season form. Even if the defense struggles early I think they make the adjustments needed and GL can't get enough stops to keep it close.

Elder 42
Gahanna 14
Old 08-21-18, 02:29 PM
All Region

Fair&Balanced is on a distinguished road
The juniors last year smashed Gahanna's JV team 35-0, so I don't think much is there as far as depth and overall talent. Probably the reason why their two best players bolted when they saw what they had for the 2018 season. I think Elder rolls, and maybe a running clock in the second half.
Old 08-21-18, 02:34 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair&Balanced View Post
The juniors last year smashed Gahanna's JV team 35-0, so I don't think much is there as far as depth and overall talent. Probably the reason why their two best players bolted when they saw what they had for the 2018 season. I think Elder rolls, and maybe a running clock in the second half.
Lincoln still has skill position talent, they’re not completely barren. Elder looked impressive in both scrimmages, but Lincoln is better than Anderson and Mason.
Old 08-24-18, 08:52 AM
All Region

Elder4Life is on a distinguished road
Not that much discussion on here about the game this week. People just that confident Elder will roll or is it just too early to have much to talk about since it's week 1?

Either way, Elder by 24 tonight.
Old 08-24-18, 09:56 AM
All Yappi

Southwest Guy is on a distinguished road
Elder big. Lincoln was picked clean during the off season much like Lakota West. Elder on a mission after last years quirik that let floundering Moeller into the playoffs.
Old 08-24-18, 10:17 AM
All American

ElderHSfan02 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ElderHSfan02
I'm in agreement with most on here. Elder experience, home game, and travel factor is the difference this early in the season. Elder should win big. This is a good game to iron out mistakes heading into a much tougher challenge next week at Cathedral.
Old 08-24-18, 01:14 PM
All District

foreword is on a distinguished road
Pboy is gettin' ready to get his tailgate on and then stumble in, hammered around mid second quarter.............football is back!!!!!!!
Old 08-24-18, 02:13 PM
All American

SMARTY22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreword View Post
Pboy is gettin' ready to get his tailgate on and then stumble in, hammered around mid second quarter.............football is back!!!!!!!
Oh your in trouble foreword, Elder football is not social hr! B!tch Boy will be sitting in his seat 90 minutes before Kick Off looking through his binoculars and complaining about something!

Go Elder 42-14
Old 08-24-18, 05:03 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMARTY22 View Post
Oh your in trouble foreword, Elder football is not social hr! B!tch Boy will be sitting in his seat 90 minutes before Kick Off looking through his binoculars and complaining about something!

Go Elder 42-14
Your Alma Mater(OH) is playing Loveland and your kid’s school (Sycamore) is playing Loveland, not sure what you’re doing at Elder’s game.
Old 08-24-18, 05:26 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elder4Life View Post
Not that much discussion on here about the game this week. People just that confident Elder will roll or is it just too early to have much to talk about since it's week 1?

Either way, Elder by 24 tonight.
I feel like Elder should be very good, I just don’t like picking blowouts vs good Programs. This isn’t West Hi or OH, they’ve got talent to push Elder.
Old 08-24-18, 07:03 PM
All Region

E up 17-0 at half. I’m looking foolish for hyping the OL, they’ve been poor run blocking, absolutely zero push, slow off the ball. That needs to change if they want to be anything other than avg. Bittner has been solid, Luebbe threw 1 of the Ints, the other was a pass should’ve been caught. WRs continue to make plays.

Sans the first series, Defense has been very good. The Goal Line stand was huge.

E needs to score to start the half, GL away.
Old 08-24-18, 07:09 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
E up 17-0 at half. I’m looking foolish for hyping the OL, they’ve been poor run blocking, absolutely zero push, slow off the ball. That needs to change if they want to be anything other than avg. Bittner has been solid, Luebbe threw 1 of the Ints, the other was a pass should’ve been caught. WRs continue to make plays.

Sans the first series, Defense has been very good. The Goal Line stand was huge.

E needs to score to start the half, GL away.
I think they looked good overall in the first half, especially since it's there first game and they're s till working things out.

They should've kicked the FG on their second drive to make it a 10-0 game too, don't know why they went for it on 4th & 9 in the red zone.
Old 08-24-18, 07:12 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elder4Life View Post
I think they looked good overall in the first half, especially since it's there first game and they're s till working things out.

They should've kicked the FG on their second drive to make it a 10-0 game too, don't know why they went for it on 4th & 9 in the red zone.
No clue either. They’ve got a very solid Kicker. LG might not be a very good team, but they’ve got some talent. This is an entirely difft team if their QB stays.
Old 08-24-18, 07:22 PM
Varsity

zbonski is on a distinguished road
I was watching the game and about 20 seconds before the half....I got a msg my device (which is my home computer) does not support this??? Now I can not watch it....I restarted my computer, emptied out my cache and cookies and still can not watch it. Any clues or help.
Old 08-24-18, 07:25 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbonski View Post
I was watching the game and about 20 seconds before the half....I got a msg my device (which is my home computer) does not support this??? Now I can not watch it....I restarted my computer, emptied out my cache and cookies and still can not watch it. Any clues or help.
Same with me
Old 08-24-18, 07:27 PM
Varsity

What the hell?
Old 08-24-18, 07:42 PM
Varsity

NOW I can watch it.?!!!!
I hated to see Elder change their website.......thought I would run into problems. New changes are NOT always a good change.
Old 08-24-18, 08:37 PM
All Region

Quote:
NOW I can watch it.?!!!!
I hated to see Elder change their website.......thought I would run into problems. New changes are NOT always a good change.
God, shut up. At least Elder streams it, go to the game in person next time.
Old 08-24-18, 09:12 PM
All Region

Overall, solid game by Elder.

Defense- after the first series was excellent. I know GL is limited by its QB play, but they still have one of the better RBs in the state and a nice group of WRS. Hoffmeyer and Keyes really had solid games at LB. Sandhas had a nice hit the forced a fumble late in the half.

Offense- up and down night. Bittner was decent, not his best game, but a lot that was due to week 1 mistakes. WRs made plays all night. Trischler and Royer had great games. Royer looks like he'll be the next big time Elder TE. The Run game was pretty weak until the final drive. Johnson is still too small to be the Feature Back, but he earned more carries after tonight. He hit the holes quickly and showed some nice speed. The OL was good in Pass Protection, sub par in run blocking, but they looked a lot better with Johnson running the ball. And to their credit, GL has some big kids on the DL. Still, expected more from the OL that absolutely dominated in both Scrimmages

STs- Ammon has a great foot. Ramsey can't leave these points on the field against better teams.
Old 08-24-18, 09:44 PM
All Region

Fair&Balanced is on a distinguished road
GL defensive line had 3 kids that were 290-300+. Finley's match was tough. Physics played a part. Ginn versus his match was nice to watch. 1st game mistakes and penalties hurt on offense, but you had a lot of juniors starting. They always say the biggest improvements are between one first game and the second game. Even Ramsey was slow getting plays called at times. Very good win....Indy Cathedral is next.
Old 08-24-18, 10:42 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair&Balanced View Post
GL defensive line had 3 kids that were 290-300+. Finley's match was tough. Physics played a part. Ginn versus his match was nice to watch. 1st game mistakes and penalties hurt on offense, but you had a lot of juniors starting. They always say the biggest improvements are between one first game and the second game. Even Ramsey was slow getting plays called at times. Very good win....Indy Cathedral is next.
Gotta feel for Lincoln. They’ve got talent to compete with anyone sans PC in R3, but not having a QB just kills them. They had 100 total yards of Offense and 3 1st Downs. This is a team with a D1 RB, and giant WRs. Their OL is a bit lacking in size, but they’re hardly a sieve.
Old 08-25-18, 03:29 AM
Varsity

Quote:
God, shut up. At least Elder streams it, go to the game in person next time.
Dale, not sure how old you are, but you sound very young and nieve....you can Su$k my D%CK. Sounds as though you DID NOT GO TO THE GAME EITHER!! I live in Cali (that is California for you, you sound like a dumb sh%t) and do not have time to travel to Cincy you a-hole. I've been streaming since streaming was invented, have you EVER been to a game? I really doubt it. I graduated in 1971 and never missed a home or away game until I got a real life. I went to every game in person. Maybe you should try it. You sound like someone who missed the entire point of going to Elder.
Old 08-25-18, 08:22 AM
All World

Purplemojo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Dale, not sure how old you are, but you sound very young and nieve....you can Su$k my D%CK. Sounds as though you DID NOT GO TO THE GAME EITHER!! I live in Cali (that is California for you, you sound like a dumb sh%t) and do not have time to travel to Cincy you a-hole. I've been streaming since streaming was invented, have you EVER been to a game? I really doubt it. I graduated in 1971 and never missed a home or away game until I got a real life. I went to every game in person. Maybe you should try it. You sound like someone who missed the entire point of going to Elder.
He is older, chronologically, than you might think and does go to every game, but, as you said, missed the whole point of going to Elder. I am glad you keep up with your alma mater way out there of the West Coast. Welcome to the board. Altiora!
Old 08-25-18, 09:27 AM
All World

Mr. Bojengo
Quote:
Gotta feel for Lincoln. They’ve got talent to compete with anyone sans PC in R3, but not having a QB just kills them. They had 100 total yards of Offense and 3 1st Downs. This is a team with a D1 RB, and giant WRs. Their OL is a bit lacking in size, but they’re hardly a sieve.
Please stop using that word.
Old 08-25-18, 10:51 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplemojo View Post
He is older, chronologically, than you might think and does go to every game, but, as you said, missed the whole point of going to Elder. I am glad you keep up with your alma mater way out there of the West Coast. Welcome to the board. Altiora!
Sorry if I sounded like jerk with Dale but it pissed me off he had to comment on my post, which never involved him ( I was venting and asking if anyone else was having the same issue with streaming ). Anyway, always an Elder guy to the end. Some people I hang with have heard of Elder and am surprised/proud of that fact. Anyway, the team looked good tonight and am excited about the entire season, they have a lot of talented players. Have a good one dude.