Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > College Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-15-17, 01:52 PM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
My best guesses.

Auburn- I think they knock off Bama
Oklahoma- They win out.
Clemson- They beat Miami
Wisconsin- They beat Osu in the Big Ten Championship.

What I would like to see.

Alabama win out
Oklahoma win out
Miami Win out
That means OSU is in.
At this point I think it's going to be the ACC winner, Oklahoma, Auburn (SEC Champ) and Alabama (Auburn loss). I don't see any way a one loss Alabama is left out for the ACC loser or a two loss conference champ. If they lose to Auburn, the only way they're out is if Wisconsin wins out IMO.

I do agree that if Alabama, Oklahoma and Miami win out OSU will be in, no matter how much they don't deserve to be. Barring choke jobs against lesser opponents, IMO it really comes down to Alabama beating Auburn and Miami beating Clemson for OSU to get in if they win out.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-17, 01:54 PM
All American

joesports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
I don't think Ohio State should have made it last year over Penn State but this year things are completely different than last year. Overall I think the committee has done a pretty poor job in terms of outlining what matters and how teams are slotted weekly. They talk out of both sides of their mouth and cater to the Alabamas, Clemsons, Ohio States but why wouldn't they it's still all about the money.

For this reason, I wish they would expand to 6 or 8 teams. I like 8, but understand 6. If you have 8 you make sure each of the Power 5 Conference Champions are in. That way there are no questions or bias etc. Then have 3 at-large bids which go to the next best. Similar to the old BCS system, if a Group of 5 team finishes in the top 14-15 they get the #8 spot. Keep the committee or go back to computers for seeding/ranking purposes. Have the top 4 host Quarterfinals.

So right now it would be:
#1 Alabama vs. #8 Central Florida
#2 Clemson vs. #7 Georgia (assuming Bama beats Auburn)
#3 Oklahoma vs. #6 Wisconsin (assuming they lose to OSU)
#4 Ohio State vs. #5 Washington or USC
I like this, except the group of 5 team must be in the top 10
Old 11-15-17, 02:29 PM
All Yappi

zeeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
At this point I think it's going to be the ACC winner, Oklahoma, Auburn (SEC Champ) and Alabama (Auburn loss). I don't see any way a one loss Alabama is left out for the ACC loser or a two loss conference champ. If they lose to Auburn, the only way they're out is if Wisconsin wins out IMO.

I do agree that if Alabama, Oklahoma and Miami win out OSU will be in, no matter how much they don't deserve to be. Barring choke jobs against lesser opponents, IMO it really comes down to Alabama beating Auburn and Miami beating Clemson for OSU to get in if they win out.
Agreed. I think next weekend will decide a lot.

Bama/Auburn
OSU/Michigan
Georgia/GT
ND/Stanford
Clemson/SC
Miami/Pitt
Old 11-15-17, 02:30 PM
Varsity

J.R. Swish is on a distinguished road
That model of 8 is coming soon as it just makes too much sense. Keep the quarterfinal games on campus too as a reward for higher seeds. Along the way get rid of a few more little bowl games since the top 8 would not be going to bowls other than the semi's.
Old 11-15-17, 02:35 PM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
What would those rankings look like currently?
No idea. I haven't been able to find anyplace still doing them.
Old 11-15-17, 09:47 PM
All Yappi

gobluetom can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
Pretty funny gobluetom is triggered by Harbaugh being 1-4 against Michigan's two biggest rivals
Not at all, see 1999 (Michigan loses to Michigan State) same records, and Michigan gets Orange Bowl bid over Michigan State who beat them.

Michigan would get the same benefit of the doubt too, if they we're in Ohio State's place.

If Baylor or TCU is named Texas or Oklahoma in 2014, Ohio State finishes 5th, no questions asked.

The committee wants big name programs in every year. The only thing that changes is their narrative of what's most important in their eyes, so that the big name teams are included.
Old 11-15-17, 10:27 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobluetom View Post
Just in case Buckeye fans, I have your double talk covered for you ahead of time, LOL

1.) Head to head doesn't matter
2.) So what if you're the Big Ten Champ(you have two losses, we only have one)
3.) You don't deserve it, no deserving team gets blown out

1.) Head to head DOES matter
2.) We're the Big Ten champs (so what if we have two losses and you only have one)
3.) We deserve it even though we got blown out TWICE

Old 11-15-17, 10:32 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Iowa 55 Ohio State 24
Wisconsin 38 Iowa 14
tOSU 1

scUM 0

Old 11-15-17, 10:36 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Not at all, see 1999 (Michigan loses to Michigan State) same records, and Michigan gets Orange Bowl bid over Michigan State who beat them.

Michigan would get the same benefit of the doubt too, if they we're in Ohio State's place.

If Baylor or TCU is named Texas or Oklahoma in 2014, Ohio State finishes 5th, no questions asked.

The committee wants big name programs in every year. The only thing that changes is their narrative of what's most important in their eyes, so that the big name teams are included.
So, is scUM going to finish the fourth best "big name" program in the B1G this year, goofballtom ?

Old 11-15-17, 11:07 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
So, is scUM going to finish the fourth best "big name" program in the B1G this year, goofballtom ?

Just happy for Denzel Ward, after the destruction of Nordonia his senior year.

55-20 NEVER FORGET!!!!
Old 11-15-17, 11:18 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Just happy for Denzel Ward, after the destruction of Nordonia his senior year.

55-20 NEVER FORGET!!!!
Poor goofballtom...........his greatest source of pride in a college football thread is a three-year-old high school victory.... "Am I blue....?" Yes, you are.

The Buckeyes are going to give it to you again this year, Tom. Hard.

scUM 0
Old 11-15-17, 11:42 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Poor goofballtom...........his greatest source of pride in a college football thread is a three-year-old high school victory.... "Am I blue....?" Yes, you are.

The Buckeyes are going to give it to you again this year, Tom. Hard.

scUM 0
You're a strange dude
Old 11-16-17, 06:43 AM
All District

nutsnbolts is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Just in case Buckeye fans, I have your double talk covered for you ahead of time, LOL

1.) Head to head doesn't matter
2.) So what if you're the Big Ten Champ(you have two losses, we only have one)
3.) You don't deserve it, no deserving team gets blown out

1.) Head to head DOES matter
2.) We're the Big Ten champs (so what if we have two losses and you only have one)
3.) We deserve it even though we got blown out TWICE
Your silly attempt at logic here is like stating that YOU believe head to head in a conference championship game is no more important than head to head during the rest of the season.
I have always agreed with JT. If you donít win your conference you donít deserve to go.
Old 11-16-17, 02:13 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutsnbolts View Post
Your silly attempt at logic here is like stating that YOU believe head to head in a conference championship game is no more important than head to head during the rest of the season.
I have always agreed with JT. If you don’t win your conference you don’t deserve to go.

Not my logic, most of Ohio State's fanbase from last year....

A post last year from a Buckeye fan.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallmadge H2 dad View Post
Other than Vamps and Crusaders, everyone else in America knows that OSU>Penn St. Everything else can be debated, that cannot.1.) The only thing that they are trying to hang their hat on is that Penn St beat OSU. 2.) But they forget about the slaughtering Penn St received from Michigan and the loss to Pitt. The sole fact that Penn St beat OSU does not make Penn St the better team anymore than OSU win over Michigan makes them the better team.3.) What makes OSU better than Michigan and Penn St is that they only have 1 loss vs those other teams 2 losses, not the individual head to head games. Penn St won that game, but any sensible college football follower knows that OSU is a better team. Anyone with half a brain knows that Penn St backed into the Big10 championship. The 4 best teams are in the final 4. Period.4.) You cannot lose 2 games and then argue that you should be in over no loss and 1 loss teams from power conferences. My God, what is so hard about this?

1.) change to Ohio State beat Wisconsin
2.) change to slaughtering Ohio St got from both Oklahoma and Iowa
3.) So you are saying if Ohio St. beats Wisconsin, that Wisconsin is still better because they only have one loss as opposed to Ohio State having two?
4.) Well are you going to be consistent in your logic, or try to change your narrative?, LOL
Old 11-16-17, 02:57 PM
All World

Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You're angry at the world because Harbaugh has proven he can't win the big ones and your program is saddled with him for the foreseeable future. Cry some more.
Old 11-16-17, 03:32 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
You're angry at the world because Harbaugh has proven he can't win the big ones and your program is saddled with him for the foreseeable future. Cry some more.
wrong again brother
Old 11-16-17, 04:12 PM
All American

Taco MacArthur can only hope to improve
Quote:
wrong again brother
Then why are 100% of your posts not about your favorite team, but rather your team's biggest rival?
Old 11-16-17, 04:42 PM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Quote:
Other than Vamps and Crusaders, everyone else in America knows that OSU>Penn St. Everything else can be debated, that cannot.1.) The only thing that they are trying to hang their hat on is that Penn St beat OSU. 2.) But they forget about the slaughtering Penn St received from Michigan and the loss to Pitt. The sole fact that Penn St beat OSU does not make Penn St the better team anymore than OSU win over Michigan makes them the better team.3.) What makes OSU better than Michigan and Penn St is that they only have 1 loss vs those other teams 2 losses, not the individual head to head games. Penn St won that game, but any sensible college football follower knows that OSU is a better team. Anyone with half a brain knows that Penn St backed into the Big10 championship. The 4 best teams are in the final 4. Period.4.) You cannot lose 2 games and then argue that you should be in over no loss and 1 loss teams from power conferences. My God, what is so hard about this?

3.) So you are saying if Ohio St. beats Wisconsin, that Wisconsin is still better because they only have one loss as opposed to Ohio State having two?
4.) Well are you going to be consistent in your logic, or try to change your narrative?, LOL
Two big differences, though on the whole you're correct
1. OSU will get toplay Wisconsin in the B1G Championship (which will be a de facto Quarterfinal)
2. No other B1G team this season has a win like Ohio State did last season (@ Big12 Champ Oklahoma), especially Wisconsin
Old 11-16-17, 06:55 PM
All Region

DB 04 is on a distinguished road
Ohio States path to a possible playoff spot:

(1) Alabama wins out. If Alabama wins, Auburn is out with 3 losses and Georgia is out with losses. Georgia/Georgia Tech game will be close. I can see Bama getting if they lose to Auburn..even blown out!

(2) Clemson loses to South Carolina and/or Clemson loses to Miami.

(3) Wisconsin stays undefeated, Ohio State wins out.

(Some help) Big 12 continues to beat each other up. Oklahoma would hold the tiebreaker with Ohio State.

I would totally understand if Ohio State doesnít get in. Losing to ďThe Fake ID of College FootballĒ by 30+ is going to be hard to convince someone. Not showing up is a major problem. If they donít get in, I hope Ohio State plays USC and pays them back from their past losses against USC. USC/Ohio State would be a great bowl game.
Old 11-16-17, 08:27 PM
All District

nutsnbolts is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Quote:

I havenít argued any of the things youíre stating. All I said was conference champions should go. And you cannot argue that a two loss non-champion should go instead of a two loss champion. Oh wait, yes you could it would fit with your other dumb points.
Old 11-16-17, 09:05 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutsnbolts View Post
I havenít argued any of the things youíre stating. All I said was conference champions should go. And you cannot argue that a two loss non-champion should go instead of a two loss champion. Oh wait, yes you could it would fit with your other dumb points.
so you said penn st should have went ahead of ohio st last year????
Old 11-17-17, 12:53 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
Then why are 100% of your posts not about your favorite team, but rather your team's biggest rival?
bullseye

goofballtom will ignore this observation
Old 11-17-17, 06:35 AM
All Region

DB 04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
so you said penn st should have went ahead of ohio st last year????
Penn State was demolished by Michigan. They werenít even the best college football team in Pennsylvania. Ohio State had 1 loss compared to Penn State. What sealed the deal was the big win @ Oklahoma.
Old 11-17-17, 03:03 PM
All Yappi

BigBulldog is on a distinguished road
Ohio State wins out and puts a bad beat down on Wisky like they did to Michigan St and grabs the #4 spot.
Old 11-17-17, 04:12 PM
All Yappi

Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I don't think Ohio State should have made it last year over Penn State but this year things are completely different than last year. Overall I think the committee has done a pretty poor job in terms of outlining what matters and how teams are slotted weekly. They talk out of both sides of their mouth and cater to the Alabamas, Clemsons, Ohio States but why wouldn't they it's still all about the money.

For this reason, I wish they would expand to 6 or 8 teams. I like 8, but understand 6. If you have 8 you make sure each of the Power 5 Conference Champions are in. That way there are no questions or bias etc. Then have 3 at-large bids which go to the next best. Similar to the old BCS system, if a Group of 5 team finishes in the top 14-15 they get the #8 spot. Keep the committee or go back to computers for seeding/ranking purposes. Have the top 4 host Quarterfinals.

So right now it would be:
#1 Alabama vs. #8 Central Florida
#2 Clemson vs. #7 Georgia (assuming Bama beats Auburn)
#3 Oklahoma vs. #6 Wisconsin (assuming they lose to OSU)
#4 Ohio State vs. #5 Washington or USC
Still don't like the idea of auto-bids.

I'm all aboard the 6 team train. Keeps the importance of being great (finishing in top two) and doesn't allow any team to "back in" to a playoff by winning a weaker division and pulling one out of their a*s in the conference title (i.e. Florida the past two years, Wisky in 2012 with like five losses)
Old 11-17-17, 05:00 PM
All American

WinstonSmith is on a distinguished road
Agree that auto-bids are a horrible idea.
Old 11-17-17, 06:08 PM
All American

Zezzo! is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Quote:

Don't worry GBT the big1o won't have representative this year. Wisky won't beat Ohio State but it still won't matter. Only way they get in is if everybody in front of them loses.
Old 11-17-17, 07:21 PM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bluth View Post
Still don't like the idea of auto-bids.

I'm all aboard the 6 team train. Keeps the importance of being great (finishing in top two) and doesn't allow any team to "back in" to a playoff by winning a weaker division and pulling one out of their a*s in the conference title (i.e. Florida the past two years, Wisky in 2012 with like five losses)
Conference Championships should still matter IMO. No matter how much bigger you go teams can still back their way in. For instance Ohio State this year, should a few teams ahead of them lose can back their way in with 2-losses. They should really scrap the Conference Championship Games, because anything can happen in one game, but that won't happen. At the very least, get rid of divisions so that your scenario above doesn't happen and the best two team make it to the Championship Game.
Old 11-17-17, 07:57 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBulldog View Post
Ohio State wins out and puts a bad beat down on Wisky like they did to Michigan St and grabs the #4 spot.
First they need Wiscy to really clobber the Wolverweasels, rise to 5 or so, and then beat that #5 Wiscy to win the B1G. Also Bama, Ok, and the U winning out. In as #4. Count on it.
Old 11-17-17, 07:57 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezzo! View Post
Don't worry GBT the big1o won't have representative this year. Wisky won't beat Ohio State but it still won't matter. Only way they get in is if everybody in front of them loses.
wrong