Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-05-17, 05:52 PM
All District

High School84 is on a distinguished road
Region 3&4 early playoff predictions

With two a days coming to an end and scrimmaging coming up who's your playoff teams for region 3&4.
My predictions are Region 3
Pick Central
Wayne
Pick North
Springfield
Hilliard Davidson
Miamisburg
Reynoldsburg
Hilliard Darby

Region 4
Colerian
St. Xavier
Moeller
Fairfield
Elder
Mason
Lakota West
Princton
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-17, 05:55 PM
Moderated User

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by High School84 View Post
With two a days coming to an end and scrimmaging coming up who's your playoff teams for region 3&4.
Pick Central
Wayne
Pick North
Springfield
Hilliard Davidson
Miamisburg
Reynoldsburg
Hilliard Darby

Region 4
Colerian
St. Xavier
Moeller
Fairfield
Elder
Mason
Lakota West
Princton
Uh pretty much spot on except Burg and Princeton, will be very close.
Old 08-06-17, 02:13 AM
All World

UcantCatchMe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh pretty much spot on except Burg and Princeton, will be very close.
Springboro?? Lebanon??
Old 08-06-17, 07:55 AM
Freshman

buckeyes99 is on a distinguished road
I think either Lebanon or Springboro would get into the playoffs R4 over Princeton.
Old 08-06-17, 09:22 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyes99 View Post
I think either Lebanon or Springboro would get into the playoffs R4 over Princeton.
I don't think Lebanon would make it over Princeton, but Springboro if they could beat Miamisburg would get in over Princeton.
Old 08-06-17, 10:09 AM
Freshman

buckeyes99 is on a distinguished road
What does Princeton's schedule look like?
Old 08-06-17, 11:58 AM
All Yappi

DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
I thought Princeton was D2.
Old 08-06-17, 07:49 PM
All American

oxat622
They reclassified to D1 this year. Princeton opens with four straight road games. They avoid Colerain in conference play and will be the first opponent for West Clermont after Amelia and Glen Este merge and will also play Springfield. Last year they dominated Glen Este and were able to stay in control against Springfield. They have plenty of offensive skill players and probably enough on the line if they stay healthy, but lost a lot on defense. I can see a 5-5 or 6-4 year.
Old 08-07-17, 07:50 AM
All Ohio

OUcats82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Pick Central
Wayne
Pick North
Springfield
Hilliard Davidson
Miamisburg
Reynoldsburg
Hilliard Darby

Region 4
Colerian
St. Xavier
Moeller
Fairfield
Elder
Mason
Lakota West
Princton
Pretty solid list. Could possibly be maybe a GMC team or other squad no one sees coming turn in a great season and sneak in towards the back of the line, sort of like Sycamore last year.
Old 08-07-17, 12:24 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUcats82 View Post
Pretty solid list. Could possibly be maybe a GMC team or other squad no one sees coming turn in a great season and sneak in towards the back of the line, sort of like Sycamore last year.
So you are saying 6 GMC schools will make up a 8 team regional?? Highly doubtful.

Not a bad list to start with and no disrespect to the GMC but they won't get 5 teams in the playoffs. Springboro will have a spot in this region. I think Miamisburg is D-1 this year. Not sure if they are in R-3 or R-4 if true. Either way, the Burg and Lebanon are 2 other schools that I see in the hunt over some of the middle of the pack GMC schools.
Old 08-07-17, 02:19 PM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Agreed with some others on here, GMC won't get 5 in, not with the new 8-game league schedule. If a team like Lebanon or Springboro have a good non-conference then it'll be tough for them to get 4.
Old 08-07-17, 03:12 PM
All World

BGFalcons86 is on a distinguished road
Pretty solid list for R3. Reynoldsburg-Lancaster in week 10 could be a play-in game for one of the 8 spots.
Old 08-07-17, 06:50 PM
All American

Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
Just off the top of my head no real order

PC - Loaded and experienced

Wayne- Still there may be missed their best opportunity for a state title LAST YEAR with the turnovers and fake punt plays vs. PC STILL a favorite

PN - Jimmy Football with a lot of toys to play with ?

Springfield - A lot of talent and program buttoned up and more disciplined and organized after a few years with the staff

Darby - bounce back a ton of experience , not loaded with talent but system is not something teams see so it's hard to adjust

Miamisburg - looked primed with a schedule to get in with may be two losses

Bradley - program on the rise, will win first play-off game?

The problem I am having is the 8th team .

Many just pencil in Davidson , it is safe, USUALLY , in 2014 they were 6-4 but beat a one loss Darby team that jammed enough Harbins down the computers throat to get in .

they also lost to Grove City that year , could we see this again ?

6-4 Again ? They lose a ton of starters,. they play teams they lost to last year who have more back ,{ Coffman and Liberty } Darby is better than them this year IMO and so is Bradley , doesn't mean they can't win one of those games , but? UA can't get out of their own way when they play Davidson, but this year they seem to have a nice personnel and experience advantage .

Lancaster can likely play with them this year , so I say they miss the play-offs for the first time since 2007 .

Not sure who the 8th team will be R-Burg is rising but has a tough schedule .
Old 08-07-17, 07:50 PM
All District

Pick Central has a hard first 3 games that could decide their seeding. If they go 3-0 they will get the number 1 seed. 1-2 2-1 could get them a 2-5 seed. But if they would somehow drop the first 3 games they would have a tough time making the playoffs.
Old 08-07-17, 11:29 PM
All Ohio

OUcats82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UcantCatchMe View Post
So you are saying 6 GMC schools will make up a 8 team regional?? Highly doubtful.

Not a bad list to start with and no disrespect to the GMC but they won't get 5 teams in the playoffs. Springboro will have a spot in this region. I think Miamisburg is D-1 this year. Not sure if they are in R-3 or R-4 if true. Either way, the Burg and Lebanon are 2 other schools that I see in the hunt over some of the middle of the pack GMC schools.
That's actually not what I am saying.

What I was suggesting is that there will be a team that no one is talking about/has on their prediction list that will surprise this year and make the playoffs. A team like Hamilton or gasp, Oak Hills.

The only GMC teams I feel strongly about making the postseason as of now are Colerain and Fairfield. Several others COULD but I'm not sold on as of yet. Three are pretty likely, four maybe. Beyond that there would have to be some wacky Harbin situations going into week 10.
Old 08-07-17, 11:56 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUcats82 View Post
That's actually not what I am saying.

What I was suggesting is that there will be a team that no one is talking about/has on their prediction list that will surprise this year and make the playoffs. A team like Hamilton or gasp, Oak Hills.

The only GMC teams I feel strongly about making the postseason as of now are Colerain and Fairfield. Several others COULD but I'm not sold on as of yet. Three are pretty likely, four maybe. Beyond that there would have to be some wacky Harbin situations going into week 10.
I see. I hope you understand where I was coming from in my assumption.

You agreed with his list (that included 5 GMC schools) before talking about a surprise team. (Which included 2 more GMC schools as an example.)

If you wanna talk about a surprise team... West Clermont. I wouldn't think it would be too long before they join the GMC. Other sports should be good. Baseball will compete for a state championship in year 1 with all of their transfers.
Old 08-08-17, 09:28 AM
All Ohio

93 red ls is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Quote:
Pick Central
Wayne
Pick North
Springfield
Hilliard Davidson
Miamisburg
Reynoldsburg
Hilliard Darby
no love for Gahanna ??? I see them being a sleeper this year. 5-5 last year BUT 4 of their 5 losses were by a combined total of 19 points
Pickerington Central scratched by with a 2 pt win (and Pickerington Central had St X. beat basically to go to the state finals) Tough team hard to leave them out of a 6-8 spot IMO
Old 08-08-17, 09:47 AM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
R4 will play out roughly the same as last year.

4 GMC
2 GCL
2 GWOC
Old 08-08-17, 10:04 AM
All American

Gahanna is region 2
Old 08-08-17, 10:53 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
R4 will play out roughly the same as last year.

4 GMC
2 GCL
2 GWOC
Theirs only two Gwoc Teams in Region 4 now Boro and Lebanon I don't see both of them making it maybe not either of them.
Old 08-08-17, 11:19 AM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93 red ls View Post
no love for Gahanna ??? I see them being a sleeper this year. 5-5 last year BUT 4 of their 5 losses were by a combined total of 19 points
Pickerington Central scratched by with a 2 pt win (and Pickerington Central had St X. beat basically to go to the state finals) Tough team hard to leave them out of a 6-8 spot IMO
We'll see how good Gahanna is when they host Elder during week 3.
Old 08-09-17, 07:36 AM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
We'll see how good Gahanna is when they host Elder during week 3.
Agreed. Nice matchup, IMO.
Old 08-09-17, 07:56 AM
All American

Gahanna has some real offensive talent . Lowery is a real deal playmaker and should be polished this year his third playing Varsity football and more importantly his second with Ward and the Lion staff where we should seea leap in his level of play which was pretty high especially for a Soph .

Wide Outs with the returning Sr. Miller a former QB and Columbus Academy Transfer and future D-1 college player Jr. Bruckner along with a Junior RB Justus Harris who is a solid prospect this team has some firepower .

The challenge will be on defense where they lost more players and are in more rebuild mode . Not sure what Elder has but I was impressed with some of Gahanna's guys last year some young and back in a 31- 13 loss to Coffman , a few crucial plays and mistakes hurt them in that one which was a bit more competitive than that score suggests and the Rocks will have their hands full this year at Coffman stadium in week 5.
Old 08-09-17, 08:34 AM
Moderated User

AuntBea is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGFalcons86 View Post
Pretty solid list for R3. Reynoldsburg-Lancaster in week 10 could be a play-in game for one of the 8 spots.
Might want to move the BURG off the list after just seeing how their starting offence could not move the ball against the D3 Hartley starting defense! Burg D could not stop the Hawks from scoring twice! Burg should be concerned here.
;(
Old 08-09-17, 09:58 AM
All American

Moving teams off any list after ONE scrimmage is a bit much . Hartley is D-3 but very talented just like Hoban has been and Alter and Toledo CC et al .

I "WOULD" be concerned if a D-3 public pushed them around , but Hartley circa NOW ? Not really , Hartley and DeSales for that matter have really picked up the pace in terms of getting MORE talent to enter their hallowed halls of higher learning . R-Burg has talent but this is not that surprising really I mean in Burg's last two games they gave up a combined 85 points to PC and Lancaster [OUCH} AND GOT SHOT OUT 31-0 BY PN .

Kind of a wild card , not a bonafide play-off team by any means , made play-offs ONCE in how many years? Not on my list but I wouldn't cross them off based on the first scrimmage .
Old 08-09-17, 01:41 PM
Moderated User

AuntBea is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
Moving teams off any list after ONE scrimmage is a bit much . Hartley is D-3 but very talented just like Hoban has been and Alter and Toledo CC et al .

I "WOULD" be concerned if a D-3 public pushed them around , but Hartley circa NOW ? Not really , Hartley and DeSales for that matter have really picked up the pace in terms of getting MORE talent to enter their hallowed halls of higher learning . R-Burg has talent but this is not that surprising really I mean in Burg's last two games they gave up a combined 85 points to PC and Lancaster [OUCH} AND GOT SHOT OUT 31-0 BY PN .

Kind of a wild card , not a bonafide play-off team by any means , made play-offs ONCE in how many years? Not on my list but I wouldn't cross them off based on the first scrimmage .
WRONG! If you are a LEGITIMATE contender in D1, NO ONE should be pushing you around. This is especially true when you advertise like the BURG does that they have all these D1 players on the gridiron AND the school you are on the field with is a QUARTER of your size! Not good. BHHS was told that the Burg had at least TCC talent in preparation for Week 1. WRONG! Eastmoor next up to feel the Hawk talons! Those D1 recruiters from Ball State and Marshall need to be fired as they really cannot evaluate potential players at all!