Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-22-18, 11:57 PM
All District

Oaks is on a distinguished road
I heard SV coach showed his butt pretty good Friday. I don't understand how the AD and parents put up with it.
Old 09-23-18, 05:30 AM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
Puhlman had a good program in place at P-Burg for Kregal to pick up on.
By Make-em-dumber standards yes.
Oh I wasn't aware of that. I seem to recall their program improved when he was head coach, then he stopped coaching. Program tanked so he took over head coach again. Program improved, he got the current in place then he went back to AD. I think most of their sports improved while he was AD. I got my sequence of events wrong?
Old 09-23-18, 07:49 AM
Junior Varsity

NLL is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Oh I wasn't aware of that. I seem to recall their program improved when he was head coach, then he stopped coaching. Program tanked so he took over head coach again. Program improved, he got the current in place then he went back to AD. I think most of their sports improved while he was AD. I got my sequence of events wrong?
Under Polhman they had some decent teams, but never made the playoff or won the league. I think in ‘99 they went 8-2 (best year). After Polhman, Roger Frank took over and P’burg was co-league champs in 2001. Team performance then declined until Kregal took over.
Old 09-23-18, 08:02 AM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
Didn't he have two stints? And I think he was AD until about 2010, no? I'm not really sure the source of IB's comment. It seems to me P-Burg led the charge in retaining talent. P-Burg rising in several sports while local private dipped. I don't know if there is a measure of how much the private school pulled from traditional NLL territories and how much of that maintains. The big pull to the school was the appearance of social connections, not better education. Perhaps that has changed as the population has shifted west?
Old 09-23-18, 02:01 PM
All World

irish_buffalo will become famous soon enough
The Catholic's used to pull from Perrysburg pretty heavy. Especially SJ.

Pohlman coached through the 1990's and his last year was 2000 when they went 5-5. He did then become the AD and hired both Frank and Kregel and obviously runs the NWOhio All-Star game. Roger Frank took over and went 9-1 losing to a good Boles Maumee team last game of the season to prevent them from going to the playoffs. Frank then went 2-8, 3-7, 2-8, 3-7 over the next three years until Kregel took over in 2006. Frank left Perrysburg with a 19-31 record. From 2006 to 2015 Kregel never had a losing season and went 83-27 making the playoffs 5 times. Since 2015 he has gone 11-14 and had his first losing season a year ago (4-6).

I could not help myself with the Macomber jab.
Old 09-23-18, 02:43 PM
All World

1disciple is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaks View Post
I heard SV coach showed his butt pretty good Friday. I don't understand how the AD and parents put up with it.
As do I. When the game has passed you up it's time to hang it up.
Old 09-24-18, 10:20 AM
All World

Thoughts on this weeks games?

Anthony Wayne @ Maumee
Springfield @ Southview
Bowling Green @ Perrysburg
Northview @ Napoleon
Old 09-24-18, 05:48 PM
All Ohio

smurfyeah19 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Didn't he have two stints? And I think he was AD until about 2010, no? I'm not really sure the source of IB's comment. It seems to me P-Burg led the charge in retaining talent. P-Burg rising in several sports while local private dipped. I don't know if there is a measure of how much the private school pulled from traditional NLL territories and how much of that maintains. The big pull to the school was the appearance of social connections, not better education. Perhaps that has changed as the population has shifted west?

As someone from a small farm town around here moving to Perrysburg after college it feels like a completely different world on this side of the city. I will say though the sense of community is much like a small town in these suburbs, tons of town events like a weekly farmers market or Harrison Rally Days kind of enforce that in my opinion
Old 09-26-18, 03:41 PM
Varsity

ToledoWahoo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfyeah19 View Post
As someone from a small farm town around here moving to Perrysburg after college it feels like a completely different world on this side of the city. I will say though the sense of community is much like a small town in these suburbs, tons of town events like a weekly farmers market or Harrison Rally Days kind of enforce that in my opinion
Mayberry
Old 09-26-18, 03:42 PM
Varsity

Anthony Wayne @ Maumee
Springfield @ Southview
Bowling Green @ Perrysburg
Northview @ Napoleon
Old 09-26-18, 07:19 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToledoWahoo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfyeah19
Mayberry

with a bit of Stepford.
Old 09-27-18, 09:58 AM
All World

Anthony Wayne @ Maumee - AW continues another storied season
Springfield @ Southview - The Blue Devils will not take the foot off the gas this will be a second half running clock.
Bowling Green @ Perrysburg - The Bobcats get a win in hostile territory
Northview @ Napoleon - This one is a toss up
Old 10-06-18, 07:08 AM
Freshman

thedragonslayer is on a distinguished road
After week 7, a few questions:

1. Is Napoleon for real?

2. Is AW that good or is Perrysburg that bad?

3. Can AW beat Central Catholic?
Old 10-06-18, 07:19 AM
All Yappi

PBURG did a wise thing when they knew they had a special class: they scheduled WAY up. AW could have done themselves better by having a top OOC game from one of the larger cities. As in the past, how they do against CC will depend upon how quickly they adjust to someone with the ability to fight back on the lines and to cover the WRs.

Other than AW, I'm not convinced there's that much separation between the NLL and the TCL. They seem to have merged in the middle a bit, which is good news for the TCL.
Old 10-06-18, 06:27 PM
Junior Varsity

Jacket1816 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedragonslayer View Post
After week 7, a few questions:

1. Is Napoleon for real?

2. Is AW that good or is Perrysburg that bad?

3. Can AW beat Central Catholic?
1. I have been surprised by Napoleon. I think they are for real.
2. AW is that good. Perrysburg is not a terrible team, but a middling one. I think they will lose to Springfield, potentially beat Northview and definitely beat Maumee. Likely to finish 4-6 overall, maybe 4-3 in NLL.
3. No idea. Is AW playing CC next season?
4. NLL overall is not that strong....only 3 teams have winning records overall including OOC games.
Old 10-06-18, 06:34 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest
Puhlman had a good program in place at P-Burg for Kregal to pick up on.

By Make-em-dumber standards yes.
I just got it.
Old 10-07-18, 11:52 AM
All World

If AW and TCC face each other in the post season it will be a low scoring defensive battle.
Old 10-07-18, 01:22 PM
All World

irish_buffalo will become famous soon enough
I think CC handles AW. They simply have the manpower and speed to overwhelm. However, I thought the same thing in 2013 when it came to Clyde. I'd love to see the match-up. At Pburg? UT?
Old 10-07-18, 01:45 PM
All Yappi

UT has a Wed away game (NIU) so that shouldn't be a problem.
They'll get 10,000 min with an AW-CCHS match but the region has some play-off experienced teams. Too soon to talk of this match-up for either team.
Old 10-16-18, 03:22 PM
Varsity

The NLL is sure exciting this year!
Old 10-17-18, 07:12 AM
All World

This weeks games.

Anthony Wayne @ Napoleon - Both teams are undefeated in league play will Napoleon test the Generals?

Bowling Green @ Southview - this one is a toss up can the much improved Cougars take the win at home?

Springfield @ Maumee - another tough one for Maumee

Northview @ Perrysburg - this one depends on who shows up to play